Conquer Club

why all the CC hate?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

why all the CC hate?

Postby riskllama on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

Re: why all the CC hate?

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:36 pm

They're probably paid for the reviews. I also find it ironic how they're criticising the aesthetic of this site (which is dated) when their own website looks worse than the shittiest dreamweaver template.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:49 pm

who's up for some trolling?
O:)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:06 pm

I think that site was made up specifically to promote Major Command. Notice how when you click on the scores, all the score pages lead you to the site review, except Major Command's link goes right to their website.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby nietzsche on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:43 pm

just was on majorcommand.com.. funny, we complain about CC's interface, but that one isn't any better.

people tend to think a good UI is just pretty colours and pretty images.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Should read the user reviews for Major Command. Just...Lol.

I don't understand the hate for this site, like...What do those other sites do better for risk that we don't? Free dice?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby xroads on Tue May 01, 2018 8:16 am

I actually agree with most of it.

The navigation and learning to play this site for a beginner absolutely sucks.

The forums are a joke.

The site still looks and plays like it was made in 2006, and hasnt been updated since.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 01, 2018 10:08 am

tbf they are right about the maps. There are some good looking maps on CC, but also a fair few that are complete shit to look at (to the point of being difficult to actually read/interpret).

I swear the online review I saw of CC a while ago described the forums as 'rip roaring'. Maybe that was on a different site.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 02, 2018 9:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I think that site was made up specifically to promote Major Command. Notice how when you click on the scores, all the score pages lead you to the site review, except Major Command's link goes right to their website.

I did some research on traffic, and they don't have a fraction of the traffic CC does (major command)... so it doesn't appear to be working. According to the site I was looking at, major command is the 980,000 ranked traffic site in the world. CC came in at around 92,000. I also compared CC to Pogo and they are around the 6,000 ranked site. In the last 6 months CC has seen about 500,000 engagements lasting on average 16 minutes. Pogo has 10.7 Million in the same time period. Major command's numbers are so low the site wouldn't even pop out a number for me. Anyway just some fun stuff when thinking about where CC stands in the grand scheme of online gaming. Don't get me wrong, Pogo is not meant to be a fair comparison to CC, totally different animal with alot more money going into advertising. I used a site called similarweb if anyone else wants to play around with it.
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Thu May 03, 2018 4:09 am

xroads wrote:I actually agree with most of it.

The navigation and learning to play this site for a beginner absolutely sucks.

The forums are a joke.

The site still looks and plays like it was made in 2006, and hasnt been updated since.

Try using some of the new forum tools:

the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu May 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Thanks for that, Mookie.

JP

mookiemcgee wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I think that site was made up specifically to promote Major Command. Notice how when you click on the scores, all the score pages lead you to the site review, except Major Command's link goes right to their website.

I did some research on traffic, and they don't have a fraction of the traffic CC does (major command)... so it doesn't appear to be working. According to the site I was looking at, major command is the 980,000 ranked traffic site in the world. CC came in at around 92,000. I also compared CC to Pogo and they are around the 6,000 ranked site. In the last 6 months CC has seen about 500,000 engagements lasting on average 16 minutes. Pogo has 10.7 Million in the same time period. Major command's numbers are so low the site wouldn't even pop out a number for me. Anyway just some fun stuff when thinking about where CC stands in the grand scheme of online gaming. Don't get me wrong, Pogo is not meant to be a fair comparison to CC, totally different animal with alot more money going into advertising. I used a site called similarweb if anyone else wants to play around with it.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby owenshooter on Sat May 05, 2018 5:46 pm

The community is still strong, but out of control discussions about politics and religion plague the forums and the concept of playing Risk online has been forgotten.

hey!!! we resemble that remark!!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Ltrain on Sun May 06, 2018 9:21 pm

I actually think the so called old graphics are what makes this site (among other things) better than the others. Risk is a simple game. Bells and whistles do not make it better.

I too will google conquer club review every half year or so, usually when I have run out of things to look at on my phone while pooping. The negative reviews always make me laugh
Major Ltrain

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Mon May 07, 2018 1:22 am

I actually found conquer club through that review. i tried them all, and this one was the easiest to quick learn the game interface. the bots help. and it has a way bigger community.
Major Command owns that review site. That's fine, but it's users are trashing other the other sites which is funny. CC deserves to be in the top 3 at least.
New Recruit LiL_Whitebone

Postby mexkris on Thu May 31, 2018 9:51 pm

I think I've always preferred CC to major command - I like the way it works with simple left/right click options making some options much easier to choose.
Also, I was doing well in the longest game I'd been in in Major Command about a year ago when I hit the debriefing bug - could never get past 2 stars loaded on debriefing and into game play. After telling them about the bug, but still being unable to play, I gave up. Tried again recently and still have the same problem - game play is impossible. A year ago they said they were working on the bug, but I guess they haven't fixed it.
I also took a break generally due to work pressures, but now summer break is here I'm glad to be back in CC, and have already won my first game back (British Isles, fog, trench - I love fog + trench games!)
Sergeant 1st Class mexkris

Postby Dukasaur on Thu May 31, 2018 10:04 pm

mexkris wrote:I think I've always preferred CC to major command - I like the way it works with simple left/right click options making some options much easier to choose.
Also, I was doing well in the longest game I'd been in in Major Command about a year ago when I hit the debriefing bug - could never get past 2 stars loaded on debriefing and into game play. After telling them about the bug, but still being unable to play, I gave up. Tried again recently and still have the same problem - game play is impossible. A year ago they said they were working on the bug, but I guess they haven't fixed it.
I also took a break generally due to work pressures, but now summer break is here I'm glad to be back in CC, and have already won my first game back (British Isles, fog, trench - I love fog + trench games!)

Welcome back!

:D
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:34 am

Fog and trench is a great setting.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby cmbdiesel on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:46 pm

riskllama wrote:https://www.letsplayriskonline.com

Seems like real people who pointed out real issues here.
I don't know if there is a better site, I just know that this one won't get me to pay for it again, nor recommend such to anyone.
Lieutenant cmbdiesel

Postby NomadPatriot on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:28 pm

cmbdiesel wrote:

I don't know if there is a better site, I just know that this one won't get me to pay for it again, nor recommend such to anyone.

the best part is when the CC staff start calling you a Troll when you bring up things
Corporal 1st Class NomadPatriot

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:17 pm

NomadPatriot wrote:
cmbdiesel wrote:

the best part is when the CC staff start calling you a Troll when you bring up things

You're a troll. Because you brought up things.

show
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Keefie on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:22 pm

NomadPatriot wrote:
cmbdiesel wrote:

You might be a Troll mate, but you're our Troll.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby NomadPatriot on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Keefie wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote:
cmbdiesel wrote:

You might be a Troll mate, but you're our Troll.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote:
cmbdiesel wrote:

You're a troll. Because you brought up things.

so easy to prove my point..
Corporal 1st Class NomadPatriot

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:39 am

It's so unfair when people say I like China just because I write loads of posts about how much I like China.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Rasberry on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:24 pm

CMBDIESEL IS REALLY SAYING HE CANT AFFORD THE 9 BUCKS

LMAO
Sergeant 1st Class Rasberry

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:55 am

mrswdk wrote:It's so unfair when people say I like China just because I write loads of posts about how much I like China.

You've never posted one positive thing about China. All you post support for is the murderous illegitimate tyrants ruining China for their personal gain.

People who like China don't want it ruined. You want it ruined. Ergo, you don't like China.

show
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion