Conquer Club

Fair Rules on truce and that in team games, one player canno

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Fair Rules on truce and that in team games, one player canno

Postby JamesStuart1579 on Fri May 25, 2018 3:43 am

Hello All

I am seeking views on a situation within a triple doubles game.

In the match my partner secured an airport and one of the two opposition teams offer a truce and labelled it to the team. My partner responded to the truce and honours it. There was no discussion between the team and I see how it benefitted my partner and one of the opposition players. He responded from his situation and I did not respond since I did not want the truce.

The opposition team player is claiming a truced since my partner truced. I have explained that my partner truced and I did not since I did not think it was a wise move for me. Therefore he has no truce with me but my partner who confirmed his agreement then that particular truce is valid. welcome views.

Kind regards

Stuart
Sergeant 1st Class JamesStuart1579

Re: Fair Rules on truce and that in team games, one player c

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 25, 2018 5:26 am

JamesStuart1579 wrote:Hello All

I am seeking views on a situation within a triple doubles game.

In the match my partner secured an airport and one of the two opposition teams offer a truce and labelled it to the team. My partner responded to the truce and honours it. There was no discussion between the team and I see how it benefitted my partner and one of the opposition players. He responded from his situation and I did not respond since I did not want the truce.

The opposition team player is claiming a truced since my partner truced. I have explained that my partner truced and I did not since I did not think it was a wise move for me. Therefore he has no truce with me but my partner who confirmed his agreement then that particular truce is valid. welcome views.

Kind regards

Stuart

Would have to look at the game, but I would say that your team is at fault. The oppo player is right to claim that the truce was there. It's unreasonable to expect every player on an opposing team to signal assent before a truce is acknowledged.

Your issue seems to be with your partner, not with the guy who took issue with your dysfunctional partnership.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby JamesStuart1579 on Fri May 25, 2018 10:15 am

Ok thank you for your comments. cheers
Sergeant 1st Class JamesStuart1579

Postby riskllama on Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 am

yes, very bad form - you can expect shitty ratings from all 3 players involved, i would think...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Donelladan on Fri May 25, 2018 12:32 pm

In most case, if I am in a team game, and someone make a truce with me, it doesn't involve my partner(s).
But the wording is very important.
In your case they said
2018-05-14 03:58:13 - ATLBravosfan: hey team 2 - team one is starting to get quite large and he has effectively pushed players out of many bonuses. how about a truce between our airports? 2 turn notice to break and the team that breaks attacks last

Thus they adressed your team. I don't know if you also had an aiport or only blue, but clearly they are asking your whole team for a truce, if any of you reply yes, it implied both agreed in private chat.

So yes you had a truce with them.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby allstarplayer090 on Fri May 25, 2018 4:44 pm

He did indeed have an airport at the time this truce was made. Furthermore, he only objects eleven days later when his situation is now precarious and after my team has gone. Had he made his intentions known earlier there would be no concern. We have been playing and planning with the assumption that this was a valid truce.
Brigadier allstarplayer090

Return to Conquer Club Discussion