Conquer Club

Changes you would make as the new owner of CC

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Changes you would make as the new owner of CC

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Yeah poly too, forgot about that.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby nikola_milicki on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:41 am

fix the damn dice so we stop getting fucked by default on every turn for a few days every few weeks.... every fucking game going to shit...
Can somebody get me my dice stats for last 3 days? is it possible to get stats for that long period? if not why the f*ck not??
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:12 pm

I would pave over CC, and build a nice paid parking structure.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby riskllama on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:58 pm

free haircuts.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Hmm... good question.

Well.

One thing really.

Been thinking about this since 2009.

Make everyone use the name King Herpes.

I know.

It’s BEYOND logic my friend.

Beyond.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:37 pm

I'd buy shares if King Herpes was raising funds to buy it out from BW. Someone want to mock up a crowdfunder camp??
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby HitRed on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Nice edits to the thread O:)
Captain HitRed

Postby riskllama on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:07 pm

HitRed wrote:Nice edits to the thread O:)

those weren't edits, HR - they were outright deletions.
*shrugs*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby HitRed on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:56 pm

riskllama wrote:
HitRed wrote:Nice edits to the thread O:)

those weren't edits, HR - they were outright deletions.
*shrugs*

Cows, we're always watching
Captain HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:27 pm

OKAY, here is ONE ideat that I have ENDORSE. The newer, younger players want IMMEDIATE action and feedback and SPEED is the WAY TO GO.

ALlowing 10 speed games a week for NR is an excellent idea (and a good place to start THAT discussion).

JP

riskllama wrote:
BrutalBob wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Freemium players should have up to 10 speed games a week or something.

Yes! Speed games need a boost. There are so many times when I look and not a single speed game waiting.

You might think this suggestion will remove some incentive to sign up, but it would certainly inject a bit of life into speed games, which in turn would encourage signups.

yes. even though i do not play them, i have literally seen dozens of NR's show up in Global Chat seeking immediate play and then bailing when there wishes are not met. perhaps one every 24 hrs. or something like that... :idea:
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby riskllama on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:28 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:OKAY, here is ONE ideat that I have ENDORSE. The newer, younger players want IMMEDIATE action and feedback and SPEED is the WAY TO GO.

ALlowing 10 speed games a week for NR is an excellent idea (and a good place to start THAT discussion).

JP

riskllama wrote:
BrutalBob wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Freemium players should have up to 10 speed games a week or something.

Yes! Speed games need a boost. There are so many times when I look and not a single speed game waiting.

You might think this suggestion will remove some incentive to sign up, but it would certainly inject a bit of life into speed games, which in turn would encourage signups.

perhaps a link to start a 2 player speed game on classic could be included in the confirmation email, as well... :idea:

yes. even though i do not play them, i have literally seen dozens of NR's show up in Global Chat seeking immediate play and then bailing when there wishes are not met. perhaps one every 24 hrs. or something like that... :idea:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:28 pm

whups... :oops:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Bring back Wicked
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:54 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Bring back Wicked

Did she ever really leave?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:59 am

i'd start by charging sym a premium trolling fee, he's been getting a free ride for way too long.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:05 am

riskllama wrote:i'd start by charging sym a premium trolling fee, he's been getting a free ride for way too long.

Then we would have to charge you also.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 am

Evil Semp wrote:
riskllama wrote:i'd start by charging sym a premium trolling fee, he's been getting a free ride for way too long.

Whoosh.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:51 am

Evil Semp wrote:

ah yes, but i'm already a premium member. plus, as owner of CC, i could troll people as much as i want.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby King_Herpes on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:10 pm

elfish_lad wrote:Hmm... good question.

Well.

One thing really.

Been thinking about this since 2009.

Make everyone use the name King Herpes.

I know.

It’s BEYOND logic my friend.

Beyond.

E.

To celebrate 9 years of one continual stream of consciousness, I will agree to respond in representation of the one called, King_Herpes. I'd like to do my impression of him if you wouldn't mind...

show

My name is Sofia.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:03 pm

When I look at how 99% of games in ios or mobile platform make money it is not through subscription services. Virtually all games are free to download and start playing, and then some requirement payment of some type to play more, or at least more frequently (speed up cooldown timers). The biggest money makers though tend to be 'addons'... So I think if I was owner I would mess around with this a bit. Offer people a 3rd defesive dice or a 4th offensive dice for extra money. Something along those lines. I'd also add a bunch of stupid things that don't affect gameplay or cost me money, like let people buy different color dice, or pay to change their names/avatars. I think changes like this could include ways to spend all the 1000's of different colors of stars we all have sitting unused in our inventory. A system where stars are the currency and you can buy more stars with real currency, or you can win them in game. I am not sure I'm prepared for the reigning down of opposition this post is likely about to get, Sofia save me!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:33 pm

King_Herpes wrote:My name is Sofia.

Well. Welcome to CC Sofia. It’s a swell, swell, SWELL place to be.

Glad you’ve gleaned the spirit of things around here and joined the Herpes_Festivities.

Take care. Be swell.

Cheryl (underscore) Lad
Major elfish_lad

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 pm

Well after some looking at various threads, this may currently be the best place in this Forum to post these SUGGESTIONS. These ideas were inspired by a conversation in Global Chat between MyNameIsJack and JusPlay4Fun on July 31, 2018:

We need to grab newbies (NR) as quickly as possible. One way is to let them play a 3 minute speed with BOTS as SOON as they request a game. This way there is NO waiting on any guide; the game starts immediately.

And further, if they request a Guide Game with 2-3 humans, if there is a 3 minute wait for more human players (assuming one joins within the first 3 minutes) the other slots should be filled with Bots. The exact time can be changed, but I think most NR will not wait more than 3 minutes. Many barely wait 2 minutes; they will likely NOT return, no matter what changes we make. If they wait more than three minutes, they may have enough patience for CC games, the vast majority of which are 24 hour games.

I do not see the options we give NR NOW as working; I do not see a significant gain of keeping NRs now versus the start of my involvement in the Guide Program.

We need to get NR to return for more than one game. I think that 10 percent of NRs come back for a 2nd set of games after day 1. I would say 50% or so do not even finish their Guide Game; I would even say 40-50% do not even take a complete a first turn. Most of those will likely NOT return NO MATTER what we do. I do not suggest we make a strong effort to keep these NR; they will probably not like the “cerebral” nature of Risk and CC.

We need to give MOST NR an immediate SPEED game to capture them and get them to think about other options. I am thinking about the 30% or fewer who play more than one round in one game; to me, that is our “target” group who are likely to become an active playing member of CC.

Lastly, we need to get a version of CC that can be played on cell phones. THAT is the current market and the future of games, IMO.

JP4Fun
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 am

jusplay4fun wrote:Well after some looking at various threads, this may currently be the best place in this Forum to post these SUGGESTIONS. These ideas were inspired by a conversation in Global Chat between MyNameIsJack and JusPlay4Fun on July 31, 2018:

We need to grab newbies (NR) as quickly as possible. One way is to let them play a 3 minute speed with BOTS as SOON as they request a game. This way there is NO waiting on any guide; the game starts immediately.

And further, if they request a Guide Game with 2-3 humans, if there is a 3 minute wait for more human players (assuming one joins within the first 3 minutes) the other slots should be filled with Bots. The exact time can be changed, but I think most NR will not wait more than 3 minutes. Many barely wait 2 minutes; they will likely NOT return, no matter what changes we make. If they wait more than three minutes, they may have enough patience for CC games, the vast majority of which are 24 hour games.

I do not see the options we give NR NOW as working; I do not see a significant gain of keeping NRs now versus the start of my involvement in the Guide Program.

We need to get NR to return for more than one game. I think that 10 percent of NRs come back for a 2nd set of games after day 1. I would say 50% or so do not even finish their Guide Game; I would even say 40-50% do not even take a complete a first turn. Most of those will likely NOT return NO MATTER what we do. I do not suggest we make a strong effort to keep these NR; they will probably not like the “cerebral” nature of Risk and CC.

We need to give MOST NR an immediate SPEED game to capture them and get them to think about other options. I am thinking about the 30% or fewer who play more than one round in one game; to me, that is our “target” group who are likely to become an active playing member of CC.

Lastly, we need to get a version of CC that can be played on cell phones. THAT is the current market and the future of games, IMO.

JP4Fun

First of all, I'd like to say what a pleasure and honor it is having JP4 as a friend/brother! Always kind and very helpful! Salute Miguel!

I agree with whats been said here, capturing those who are interested and keeping their attention is a game itself, And I believe if all NR's were given the oppurtunity to play all speed games with bots and people, Then they could ease into the 24hr games, They could have the choice for either, but give them all the speed powers we can to keep their attention? Salut again Miguel! '')>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion