Conquer Club

Changes you would make as the new owner of CC

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Changes you would make as the new owner of CC

Postby xroads on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 am

As CC seems to be winding down its life, it may be only a matter of time until BigWham decides to dump his toy/experiment.

So if you were to buy CC, what changes would you make?
Major xroads

Re: Changes you would make as the new owner of CC

Postby HitRed on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:29 am

Rule 1. Family Friendly (enforced)

Keep the menu fresh, 2 new maps a year minimum

I would write an Open letter to all CC members outlining their concerns and my plans to focus on changes. Hearing from the owner is a very powerful way to bring clarity and focus. :)

Rebuild the Team: I would also contact and ask the mods to return.

Added later

This might already be done....anyone not logged on in 3 months, 6 months or 1 year gets a steep discount to return. This is extreme but we need players AND money!
Last edited by HitRed on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:30 am

If I had enough money to buy CC, I'd probably also have enough money to hire a big team with the aim to rewrite CC from scratch. I think CC has an unbelievable amount of tech/code debt. Costs a LOT of money, though.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby xroads on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Here are mine in no particular order

1. training videos on youtube

New users start with the user interface panel on. Believe it or not, it is hard to use when you are new to it. I personally would start new users with it off. Show them a video on basic game play. Then how to use the interface panel. Have someone who has never been on conquer club start a game under your account, and watch them struggle learning how to play.

I would show videos on each map, hidden secrets (you cant attack or fort off Alcatraz for example), game play, strategies and so on. How many new players try new maps, get spanked, get frustrated and then leave?

Kids love you tube. Make them funny, with a good personality making them. It will lead many to the site and increase active game count.

2. Revamp Medals

Players love medals/goals/challenges. First get rid of the stupid rule that you stop earning medals after 50 tournament/clan wins, etc. Tournaments are hard to win, if you are good enough to win 100, then you should earn 100 medals.

There have been tons of great suggestions on medals, yet they are always ignored.

New class of medal, unobtainium. Standard-Quads platinum is 1000 unique wins. Unobtainium would be 5,000.

There would be medals awarded for achievements on each map. The map conqueror would be really cool

3. make ratings relevent.

when you are new, you get tons of negative feedback that sticks with you forever. How about making it a rolling system only factoring the last 100 ratings earned, or the last 6 months.

4. Battle Royal

The map is cool, and popular. Why are there only ever 2 games waiting, and why can you only join 1 a month? Why is it fixed at 50 players?

5. dice. I am not sure if it is fixable or not, I am not a computer guy

6. phone APP, again I am not a computer guy, so not sure if it is doable either.

7. Tournaments.

Its a gaming site. People love to compete, make the stage even more fun with more tournaments. Have real world prizes. Remember the quest for the stars? Those were incredibly popular, then they died off.

8. Encourage team/clan play.

I may have left long ago if not for the relationships I have made with some players in my clan, some are now actual real life friends.

9. Facebook/twitter/ instagram

We have virtually no social media presence. This is unacceptable and needs fixed. Most people on the internet are on social media. The crazy part is it costs almost nothing to have a good social presence.

10. Conqueror

The conqueror is a joke. It is usually the player who can manipulate a map or setting, and rarely plays others very far under their rank. If you are a conqueror, you must accept at least 1 challenge per week. Have a waiting list of challengers anyone can get on. Random maps/settings would be a good challenge.

11. ability to screen opponents.

Have the ability to only allow opponents to join if they are within 200-500 points of your score. Minimum feedback rating.

12 G rated forums, chat, game chat etc

13 email newsletter
Major xroads

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:50 pm

Some excellent ideas, xroads.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:53 pm

email newsletter? who uses email..

i'd say a podcast.. a short podcast, 15 minutes a day, produced by Dukasaur letting us know all that's happening in conquerclub in the different areas.. clans, scores, medals, most improved, chat, OT, cartography etc etc. he gets to tell a story too if he wants, but outside of the 15-CC minutes.

such podcast could be available to download but also in here, we log in and start taking turns while we listen..
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby xroads on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 pm

nietzsche wrote:email newsletter? who uses email..

i'd say a podcast.. a short podcast, 15 minutes a day, produced by Dukasaur letting us know all that's happening in conquerclub in the different areas.. clans, scores, medals, most improved, chat, OT, cartography etc etc. he gets to tell a story too if he wants, but outside of the 15-CC minutes.

such podcast could be available to download but also in here, we log in and start taking turns while we listen..

I have never hear a podcast in my life, but I think the idea has merit as well. I think daily would be stretching it, but weekly would sound fine.

And constant contact emails works wonders.
Major xroads

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:59 pm

ok but if it's weekly it must be 45 mins.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby EBConquer on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Some excellent ideas, xroads.

I agree.

And who uses email? :D mostly professionals. :-$
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:35 am

xroads wrote:Here are mine in no particular order
show

A lot of these ideas are amazing. I'd love to have the ability to screen opponents, but right now we dont have the playerbase to back it up. The proposed rating system change is my favorite of these.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Hooch on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:09 am

xroads wrote:Here are mine in no particular order

1. training videos on youtube

New users start with the user interface panel on. Believe it or not, it is hard to use when you are new to it. I personally would start new users with it off. Show them a video on basic game play. Then how to use the interface panel. Have someone who has never been on conquer club start a game under your account, and watch them struggle learning how to play.

I do believe it and it is 'the' most unbelievable thing.

The worst
--------------
Just that was enough, too late to check the rest, sure they make sense.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:59 pm

1) No more secret forums where bigots can get themselves worked up about how exciting it can be to publish racism, bigotry and brutal cruelty under the site's protection.

2) Consolidate some of the forums- Suggestions, Bug Reports, and C&A, for example- Tribes and Clans for another.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:1) No more secret forums where bigots can get themselves worked up about how exciting it can be to publish racism, bigotry and brutal cruelty under the site's protection.

2) Consolidate some of the forums- Suggestions, Bug Reports, and C&A, for example- Tribes and Clans for another.

Suggs and Bugs were originally one forum. It should still be. The reason they seperated bugs is because lackattack didn't actually want to read what the plebs wanted (neither does any admin tbh). They wanted to find the bugs without having to look at the sugs. Really suggestions should be deleted. There was a suggestion for that, but it was locked before it could have any meaningful input.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby lanyards on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:27 pm

1. Fix the server lag

2. Fix the bugs

3. Poll the community and implement the highest voted suggestion every set period (2-3 months)

4. Read the forums and post in the forums
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:2) Consolidate some of the forums- Suggestions, Bug Reports, and C&A, for example- Tribes and Clans for another.

Lmfao.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jacaf on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 pm

next month will mark 12 years with cc loved it than and still do hope to not see it go thats for sure. the biggest thing i miss with cc is when i first started everyone playing, there were always real time games rt, and u could play all day and or night. not only was it fun to be in a game always but there was much more interaction and friends GOOD friends ive made. So if i could change the one thing i would change it would be to put a REAL TIME GAME PLAYING SETTING on the menu or what even happened to call outs. Other than that ive seen so many great changes in this game and community. I guess i just dont like not being able to play on the spot. Thanks for the years of fun cc u guy done a great job.
Private 1st Class jacaf

Postby xroads on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:16 pm

jacaf wrote:next month will mark 12 years with cc loved it than and still do hope to not see it go thats for sure. the biggest thing i miss with cc is when i first started everyone playing, there were always real time games rt, and u could play all day and or night. not only was it fun to be in a game always but there was much more interaction and friends GOOD friends ive made. So if i could change the one thing i would change it would be to put a REAL TIME GAME PLAYING SETTING on the menu or what even happened to call outs. Other than that ive seen so many great changes in this game and community. I guess i just dont like not being able to play on the spot. Thanks for the years of fun cc u guy done a great job.

That is a great idea.

I think it would work well, and have a 24 or 48 hour time limit on the game. So lets say you RT for 14 rounds, if someone leaves, after 24 hours game would end at the end of the current round.

And I also miss all the games that were around, and all the people. Speed games too, there used to be 100 waiting speed games all the time.
Major xroads

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Freemium players should have up to 10 speed games a week or something.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BrutalBob on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:08 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Freemium players should have up to 10 speed games a week or something.

Yes! Speed games need a boost. There are so many times when I look and not a single speed game waiting.

You might think this suggestion will remove some incentive to sign up, but it would certainly inject a bit of life into speed games, which in turn would encourage signups.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby riskllama on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:36 am

BrutalBob wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Freemium players should have up to 10 speed games a week or something.

Yes! Speed games need a boost. There are so many times when I look and not a single speed game waiting.

You might think this suggestion will remove some incentive to sign up, but it would certainly inject a bit of life into speed games, which in turn would encourage signups.

yes. even though i do not play them, i have literally seen dozens of NR's show up in Global Chat seeking immediate play and then bailing when there wishes are not met. perhaps one every 24 hrs. or something like that... :idea:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jacaf on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 am

i think this is one of the biggest points to be made. I really believe that membership would increase if people can come to cc and be able to play all day long if they like. so many times i log in with already having games going which are not ready for play an im lol jones in to play a game, even as stated above the speed games are very limited and thats if you even like playing speed. When i first joined hmm quite a while ago i could be on cc all day long or night. I really hope the administration\owners old or new will take it into consideration. It will be a plus i know cause ive been with u guys to see and experience the changes throughout the years.
Private 1st Class jacaf

Postby jacaf on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:34 am

BTW caffeine great suggestion :]
Private 1st Class jacaf

Postby HitRed on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 am

It would be a huge boost to our farming community. I'm in!
Captain HitRed

Postby xroads on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:49 am

This is another great idea.

How about 1 speeder a day, and may as well add 1 active poly game as well.
Major xroads

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion