Conquer Club

We need to talk about Caff...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: We need to talk about Caff...

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:12 pm

**crickets**
**more crickets**
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Keefie on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Caff is very very misunderstood.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:09 pm

i don't think a warning was necessary. sometimes bans can be applied without a warning.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:22 pm

Keefie wrote:Caff is very very misunderstood.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I'm willing to hear you out. What do you mean?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
riskllama wrote:pretty sure I recall one of the forum mods saying a warning was a "courtesy" & not a requirement on their end. anyways, welcome back...;)

I'm not talking about what the rules are, I'm just saying Razor's statement is not true.

I just checked and the warning was sent 2018-07-09 08:52:41.

Check your spam box. Maybe your spam filter is not letting official CC messages go through?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby riskllama on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 am

caff puts his foot in it again... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby shoop76 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:26 am

I think it has gotten to the point where Caff cannot post a message without being trolled and baited by a regular group of players, including several mods. Sure, Caff says some things that are out of line, but it seems like there is a group here that is continuously trying to get under his skin, to see how far he would go and cc is encouraging this.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 am

shoop76 wrote:I think it has gotten to the point where Caff cannot post a message without being trolled and baited by a regular group of players, including several mods. Sure, Caff says some things that are out of line, but it seems like there is a group here that is continuously trying to get under his skin, to see how far he would go and cc is encouraging this.

Hmm, as a member who has been on the other side- having Caff go after me across multiple threads and forums, and also attack people for even agreeing with me, I'm not sure you're right.

There will always be people here who want to reach underneath the skin of others, to get an argument through, to make someone uncomfortable, to persuade someone to change their opinion. This is a forum. Named after one of the oldest forms of public debate that we have historical records for.

I like caff when he's on topic, and willing to talk about things. That's not the issue though, and I think you know that.

You're right to point out that Caff is often out of line, and it's good that you acknowledge that. There are lines. They can flex, or even be redrawn, but the people who enforce them have to work within them.

That's not CC's fault- that's nature.

Who do you think is going after him? Is there a list?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:10 am

Shoop is kind of right... i started reading the conversation from where i left it... and i was really wondering if mods hadn't read his question or if they were just baiting him.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:05 am

betiko wrote:Shoop is kind of right... i started reading the conversation from where i left it... and i was really wondering if mods hadn't read his question or if they were just baiting him.

Interesting, but I'm pretty sceptical. What do you think the mods were pushing him to say? Seems a bit out there as an idea, but I'll listen.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby niMic on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:53 am

Keefie wrote:Caff is very very misunderstood.

That's true. I neither missed him nor understand him.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Razorvich on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:55 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Razorvich wrote:Look it is real simple.

There are some topics which include trolls/baits/stupid shit between people.. that the Moderation Team, when bought to their attention are going to ask you to either drop, not discuss, have any contact ect ect.

When someone blatantly does not comply with these directions, then bummer for you.. the hammer comes down.

I never had any warning before I was banned so you can stop talking bullshit right now.

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm not talking about what the rules are, I'm just saying Razor's statement is not true.

Dukasaur wrote: I just checked and the warning was sent 2018-07-09 08:52:41.

Check your spam box. Maybe your spam filter is not letting official CC messages go through?

errr... hang on a second here.... yes you were warned, and it was logged as Duk has pointed out. I was the one that issued the warning, so I do actually know what I am talking about and.... YOU even replied to it..... so who is full of bullshit now.

Maybe instead of going off on half truths and chinese whispers, jumping to conclusions not knowing all the facts, these issues can be avoided in the future.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 am

these issues can be avoided in the future.

I'm not picking a side. I'm just excited to read this hillarious discussion but...

You were kidding right?

There seems to be a slight disagreement about what did or did not happen and it does not look complicated.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:54 am

Razorvich wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

There are some topics which include trolls/baits/stupid shit between people.. that the Moderation Team, when bought to their attention are going to ask you to either drop, not discuss, have any contact ect ect.

When someone blatantly does not comply with these directions, then bummer for you.. the hammer comes down.

I never had any warning before I was banned so you can stop talking bullshit right now.

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm not talking about what the rules are, I'm just saying Razor's statement is not true.

Dukasaur wrote: I just checked and the warning was sent 2018-07-09 08:52:41.

errr... hang on a second here.... yes you were warned, and it was logged as Duk has pointed out. I was the one that issued the warning, so I do actually know what I am talking about and.... YOU even replied to it..... so who is full of bullshit now.

Maybe instead of going off on half truths and chinese whispers, jumping to conclusions not knowing all the facts, these issues can be avoided in the future.

Again you’re lying. The only warning I was issued was very specifically to stop calling TeeGee racist. What does that have to do with anything I said about the changes in the clan department? What does that have to do with Admins and Mods asking me for names of mods who had been leaking information? What does that have to do with me telling KA the names of two mods currently in the clan team right now who have been leaking information and then getting banned not 30mins later?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 am

Have you been to Hungry Jack's lately? I heard the quality has gone down. Makes me sad.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Razorvich on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 am

09:46:50 ‹iAmCaffeine› i spy with my little eye
09:46:56 ‹iAmCaffeine› a mod who leaks info to regular members
09:46:57 ‹iAmCaffeine› a racist

continued into GC
iAmCaffeine: mans getting banned everywhere
iAmCaffeine: damn son
iAmCaffeine: today i learned that if you out racist mods, or mods who leak information
iAmCaffeine: you get banned
iAmCaffeine: some things never change hahahaha

we keep logs.
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Again you’re lying. The only warning I was issued was very specifically to stop calling TeeGee racist. What does that have to do with anything I said about the changes in the clan department? What does that have to do with Admins and Mods asking me for names of mods who had been leaking information? What does that have to do with me telling KA the names of two mods currently in the clan team right now who have been leaking information and then getting banned not 30mins later?

1. You are correct. Your ban is not really related to the new CD's

2. You are correct. Your ban isn't related to information leakage.

3. You are correct. You were issued a warning to stop calling TeeGee a racist.

And then after the warning, you called TeeGee a racist.

Your ban was because you called TeeGee a racist repeatedly, even after the warning.

Is this not what Razorvich kind of said here in his post?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:23 am

Again, you’re wrong. I was given the forum ban but had not said anything about TeeGee and racism after the warning from Razor. Only after I was forum banned did I make those comments in the live chats, which resulted in a 72hr live/global chat ban on top of the forum ban.

It might be an idea to stop posting until you can say something that’s actually accurate.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Razorvich on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:27 am

I feel I have to correct the record here to be fair to caffine, my comments have been dealing with the Chat ban, my department, rather than the forum ban.

There are 2 separate departments here.

The forum ban from what I understand (as I was not the one to issue it) was for just being an ass and projecting foul negativity towards the site.

Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you may be removed from it. It's that simple. This applies to any part of the site where interaction takes place; in Forums, Private Messages, Live Chat and Game Chat

1. Do NOT be intentionally destructive - If you do anything that harms or can be perceived to harm this site you may be removed from it.

So really, as shown, the Chat Ban was warranted, by the book and issued. The forum ban was by the book and issued also.
You can argue your piece that your posts were not ban worthy.. good luck, we as a team see otherwise, as for the Chat ban.. solid.
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:37 am

Locking this at least temporarily so nobody says something they regret.

It's heading towards someone losing their cool and I think everyone needs to take a breath and count to 10.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion