Conquer Club

Forum and Community Management

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Forum and Community Management

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:51 pm

This is a concern I’ve had since the days of Lackattack and The Mustard of the Dance: why would there EVER be a public (read: forum) discussion of the reasons why a poster/player is banned?

It never comes to any good. Just the opposite in my estimation. Listen, like others of age here who have come and gone, I’ve been doing this InterWeb thing since dialup. I’ve, like many here, watched the Web grow up into the Hussey that it is. Big bubble butt and all. A website has rules. It may give warnings to those breaking those rules. It may not. When rules are broken? The axe comes down.

The end.

Oh. There may be botching. There may be angst. Big deal. Posters/players are free to move along. But this? This earnest hand wringing explanations? Juvenile and counter productive.

It’s like junior high choir club.

Stop it CC. Just: Stop. It. It unbecomes you.

E_Lad
Major elfish_lad

Re: Forum and Community Management

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:42 am

I get your point, but you're also massively out of the loop.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Maybe if there was a simple official announcement that a player has been banned (somewhere everyone will see it), and for how long and a generic answer as to why (i.e. cheating vs language etc) that would minimize the discussions afterwards of why in these public threads. When players only know someone has even been banned because other players are talking about it, it tend to lead to questions and if there is no official announcement just the stealth ban system you guys have been doing as long as I've played on here, players discover it from threads and have their own questions and the threads get longer until someone on the mod team finally gets dragged into explaining their version of what happened. That's how it looks from my point of view anyway.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 pm

It's pretty rare threads about someone being banned appear and when they do it's only because the person was well known and the reason for their ban isn't obvious to some. For example Bernie was banned recently for racism but there's no thread about it because all the people who know him know why he was banned. I think this is a common case of blowing things out of proportion just because it can be mildly annoying once every few months.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Fair enough. But, regardless of the loop I’m apparently out of, that’s my point: there is no loop. Or? Shouldn’t be one. Admin, with the blessing of site Ownership does its thing. Thing seems like a pile of steaming, funky, elephant poo to someone like you. All good so far.

Still with me?

Kk. Then, when someone like you posts about it? Fine. Admin should say squat. Or at least? Players with little coulored names should say squat. THATS my point.

It’s poor community management to have admin squabble with a player.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:11 pm

I haven't seen any admins squabble with any players in quite some time so I'm really not sure what you're referring to.

Personally I don't have an issue with admin either. The reason lots of shit is happening right now is because there have been a few underhand things going in behind the scenes, and some of those things have been leaked by mods involved in it, to mods not involved in it, and then to regular members. That's a large part of it anyway.

Also several mods and members are repeatedly trying to harass, threaten and bait me into getting myself banned.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Cheers.

Take care. Be well.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:34 pm

elfish_lad wrote:This is a concern I’ve had since the days of Lackattack and The Mustard of the Dance: why would there EVER be a public (read: forum) discussion of the reasons why a poster/player is banned?

It never comes to any good. Just the opposite in my estimation. Listen, like others of age here who have come and gone, I’ve been doing this InterWeb thing since dialup. I’ve, like many here, watched the Web grow up into the Hussey that it is. Big bubble butt and all. A website has rules. It may give warnings to those breaking those rules. It may not. When rules are broken? The axe comes down.

The end.

Oh. There may be botching. There may be angst. Big deal. Posters/players are free to move along. But this? This earnest hand wringing explanations? Juvenile and counter productive.

It’s like junior high choir club.

Stop it CC. Just: Stop. It. It unbecomes you.

E_Lad

It is against the moderator guidelines for mods to discuss the reasons for player punishments. I am disappointed in all the mods who chose to ignore that in the Caff thread.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:36 am

It’s also against their guidelines to leak information but they do it, other mods and admins know they do it, and yet there they are running departments and doing what they want.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:59 am

Metsfanmax wrote:It is against the moderator guidelines for mods to discuss the reasons for player punishments. I am disappointed in all the mods who chose to ignore that in the Caff thread.

Yay. There’s always been a lack of clarity on mods. I’ve always considered them “admin” or at the very least “representatives of admin” or at the very least the site. Do the job you volunteered for. Give input to the site when asked and to whom asked. Watch what you post on the public boards.
Major elfish_lad

Return to Conquer Club Discussion