Conquer Club

Something Needs to be Done w/ Josko's Account

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Something Needs to be Done w/ Josko's Account

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:03 pm

If he's back to play then he needs a point reset. You can't let a two time conqueror and arguably the best player on this site resume playing with 400pts. Even from 1000pts would be bad enough but it's an improvement. He should also be disqualified from the monthly leaderboards.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=228608
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Reset Josko's Points

Postby riskllama on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:14 pm

hahaha, probly a good idea yeah.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:36 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:If he's back to play then he needs a point reset. You can't let a two time conqueror and arguably the best player on this site resume playing with 400pts. Even from 1000pts would be bad enough but it's an improvement. He should also be disqualified from the monthly leaderboards.

File a db report and you got it, but it would be great (for other players) if he could be reset to smth like 2500.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:05 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:If he's back to play then he needs a point reset. You can't let a two time conqueror and arguably the best player on this site resume playing with 400pts. Even from 1000pts would be bad enough but it's an improvement. He should also be disqualified from the monthly leaderboards.

He should be subjected to exactly the same rule than everyone else.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:25 am

Donelladan wrote:

What would that entail do you think?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:32 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

Point dumping is the better one.

Accused:

josko.ri

The accused are suspected of:
Point dumping

Game number(s):
All the games finished in the past 2 months

Comments:
For some unknown private reason, Josko suddenly left the site for a while. It appears he's back but he dropped some 3k points.
General Extreme Ways

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:47 am

He's not even back I don't think. Needs a temporary ban put on his account. I've made a C&A thread.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:58 am

i don't really see any solution to this. anyways, reseting it to 1000 is dumb cause he can do it in the span of 7-8 speed games. who cares. do people care when a high ranker plays a doodle against a stripper and gets +70pts loss? the points mean jack shit anyways.
I've lost 500 points in a few days for playing speed games, was almost back to general and i m now a colonel. this system means jack shit. you can't play games for fun and games competitively. and games for fun have much bigger impact on your score than competitive games. that's one of the reasons why i feel like quitting this once i'm done with the CC8. the game restricts you from playing for fun on stupid settings and to be competitive at the same time.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:02 am

I agree with half of what you said and the other half is irrelevant.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:02 am

betiko wrote:i don't really see any solution to this. anyways, reseting it to 1000 is dumb cause he can do it in the span of 7-8 speed games. who cares. do people care when a high ranker plays a doodle against a stripper and gets +70pts loss? the points mean jack shit anyways.
I've lost 500 points in a few days for playing speed games, was almost back to general and i m now a colonel. this system means jack shit. you can't play games for fun and games competitively. and games for fun have much bigger impact on your score than competitive games. that's one of the reasons why i feel like quitting this once i'm done with the CC8. the game restricts you from playing for fun on stupid settings and to be competitive at the same time.

If I would have 5 waiting games and Josko would join all 5, me winning 2/5, I would be pissed as hell for losing me almost 300 points. I don't care much about points, but that doesnt mean I want to throw them away.
General Extreme Ways

Postby nietzsche on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 am

do people even care anymore?

at this point you should let him go for an uber monthly improvement %.

that's probably the only thing he has left to play for here.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 am

i'm just saying, i don't give a shit either way.

but probably he would be really nasty if someone else did this.. so make him suffer.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:36 am

nietzsche wrote:i'm just saying, i don't give a shit either way.

but probably he would be really nasty if someone else did this.. so make him suffer.

He has reported people in the past for similar. I'm not doing that, but I do think his account should be temporarily banned.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:41 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

Well , actually nothing.

When someone leave the site for personal reason, then his score drop. If they come back, we welcome them back.

Unless you think it was all a scheme from Josko to get the most improved medal, I don't see why we should do anything about it.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby rockfist on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:43 am

He left for personal reasons.

If he was trying to manipulate the "most improved" medal I can assure you he would not do it when S&M was facing TOFU in a clan war. I've never been in S&M but I'd bet my left arm they want to beat us just as bad as we want to beat them.

We should welcome him back.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:56 am

Donelladan wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

Well , actually nothing.

When someone leave the site for personal reason, then his score drop. If they come back, we welcome them back.

Unless you think it was all a scheme from Josko to get the most improved medal, I don't see why we should do anything about it.

It's still point dumping though.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:09 am

Extreme Ways wrote:It's still point dumping though.

I don't think so. It is point dumping only if it is intentional.

Many people have left the site and come back later, lost tons of points in the process, no one accused them of point dumping. Only difference is we don't care about those other players, we don't notice them.

Also there is the auto tournament issue, but it's not josko's fault, it's the auto tournament fault for giving new games to deadbeaters.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:40 am

rockfist wrote:He left for personal reasons.

If he was trying to manipulate the "most improved" medal I can assure you he would not do it when S&M was facing TOFU in a clan war. I've never been in S&M but I'd bet my left arm they want to beat us just as bad as we want to beat them.

We should welcome him back.

Who is your post directed at? I never mentioned trying to manipulate anything and I'm well aware of why he isn't playing. My point is that it's unfair for him and everyone else involved to be playing on 400pts and to also still be getting put into auto-tournaments.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:55 am

My point was a general point. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:04 am

So you think it's okay for him to keep being entered into auto-tournaments whilst not playing turns?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:29 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:So you think it's okay for him to keep being entered into auto-tournaments whilst not playing turns?

Topic title is "Reset Josko's Points".

I totally agree with you that he shouldn't be entered into auto tournament ( or anyone else for that matter ), but that wasn't the topic of the thread...
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Updated.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:16 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Updated.

You've also accused him of cheating and/or abuse of the rules.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=228608
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Something Needs to be Done w/ Josko's Account

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 am

I didn’t accuse him of anything and I already put that link in my post. Troll somewhere else.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Something Needs to be Done w/ Josko's Account

Postby shoop76 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:56 am

I think it is very interesting when this happens. I did the same thing about a year ago. Was totally burnt out on cc and had some rl issues. Was also in a bunch of autotournaments and my score dropped a lot. Would be great to have some system in place for these tournaments though I know it would be difficult to do so mid tourney.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion