Conquer Club

Final Player in final round

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Final Player in final round

Postby Yynatago on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Quite often in round limited games, the final player(s) in the final round ultimately decide who wins the game. This can be a tricky situation if that player isn't destined to win, so what is the unwritten rule?

If it was me and I cannot win myself, then I ensure whoever was troop leader remains troop leader. I believe this is the only fair solution. I note some players will use this opportunity for payback and I believe this enters a grey area of throwing games, but I can understand if others believe this behaviour incentivise fair play throughout the rest of the game.

A particular scenario that interests me if you are one of the first players to play the final round. How okay is it to weaken the two leaders just enough that they have to fight each other to ensure a win? If done correctly, with enough good dice, the final players will have to weaken the leading player just enough to take the lead, but in doing so, the initial player now has chance of winning if the others are just reckless enough.

Cheers
Colonel Yynatago

Return to Conquer Club Discussion