Conquer Club

Inconsistent Rulings on Deadbeating Players

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Inconsistent Rulings on Deadbeating Players

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:39 am

If I had to quit the site because my diabetes went crazy and I was in hospital for an extended period of time, or my mental went boom, at what point would my account be suspended? Would I be given the special josko treatment and allowed to drop over 4000pts with zero punishment?

Or would I be given the same treatment as anyone else who was also in this position?

I know of at least two cases in the last year where people deadbeated games for similar reasons and could not access the site to play or arrange cover. They received warnings and were given one month to improve their score or there would be further consequences. Their points dropped due to auto tournaments, just like with josko. Who by the way is now playing in the Clan League with generals on his team whilst he has 251pts. I guess we stopped caring about scoreboard integrity a while ago.

I’m just looking for some clarity as to why josko has been given special treatment and other players weren’t. It’s not fair on the other players I mentioned, it’s not fair on the community and really it’s also not fair on josko to let him drop that much.
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Deadbeating Inconsistencies

Postby xroads on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:43 am

Can you give examples who the others were?

Why werent joskos points reset?
Major xroads

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:23 am

How would I know why his points weren’t reset? I’m just asking why there is an inconsistency in josko’s case since others who couldn’t play turns due to illness were given warnings and deadlines to imrove their score.

Edit: here is one example viewtopic.php?f=239&t=227252&hilit=adam666

Adam dropped to a lower score but didn’t drop anywhere near as many points.

Other cases aren’t public information for me to link although I have proof.
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby xroads on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:25 am

that is why I asked who those others are
Major xroads

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:47 am

I’ve just given you one.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby xroads on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:20 am

Ok

I totally agree, and correct me if I am Wrong, but I believe this is the second time josko has had a medical leave causing him to lose a ton if points.

Also KA ruling is bullshit saying Adam should have a sitter. Josko had a sitter, but they were told they could only sit for 30 days max.

Which brings up the laziness and stubbornness of bigwham for not fixing an ongoing flaw in auto tournaments that has been going on too long.

And what about all the players who wrongly won a ton of points off both of them?
Major xroads

Re: Inconsistent Rulings on Deadbeating Players

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am

I know josko returned not long ago but didn’t stick around. Since he is now in clan games I assume everything is relatively back to normal but that’s not my business. What is my business is inconsistent rulings and treatment to different players. Josko isn’t the person in question here though, it’s KA and TeeGee ultimately making these decisions and showing massive differences in them.

The auto tournaments are another issue and whilst for the most part they are good, there are very obvious flaws that seriously need addressing. If someone started 100 speed games and someone else joined 50, they would both be punished. There is precedent for that.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Deadbeating Inconsistencies

Postby InnyaFacce on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:28 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:How would I know why his points weren’t reset?

Has anyone ever had their points reset regardless of the circumstances ?
DAS SCHLOß ✪ DOUBLES ✪ F/S ✪ 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK ✪ 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:29 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I know josko returned not long ago but didn’t stick around. Since he is now in clan games I assume everything is relatively back to normal but that’s not my business. What is my business is inconsistent rulings and treatment to different players. Josko isn’t the person in question here though, it’s KA and TeeGee ultimately making these decisions and showing massive differences in them.

The auto tournaments are another issue and whilst for the most part they are good, there are very obvious flaws that seriously need addressing. If someone started 100 speed games and someone else joined 50, they would both be punished. There is precedent for that.

You were the guy who applied to give josko special treatment though.

So the answer on why we have inconsistent rulings is because "iAmCaffeine".

Remember this post?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=228602#p5059383

I 100% agreed with it.
â–‘â–’â–’â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:34 pm

InnyaFacce wrote:

Yes. It doesn't happen that often, but points can be reset. Usually for Point Dumping/Farming/Ranching.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:57 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I know josko returned not long ago but didn’t stick around. Since he is now in clan games I assume everything is relatively back to normal but that’s not my business. What is my business is inconsistent rulings and treatment to different players. Josko isn’t the person in question here though, it’s KA and TeeGee ultimately making these decisions and showing massive differences in them.

You were the guy who applied to give josko special treatment though.

So the answer on why we have inconsistent rulings is because "iAmCaffeine".

Remember this post?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=228602#p5059383

I 100% agreed with it.

There are differences though. In Adam’s case - and another I know of - the situation was reported to moderators who then issued warnings and/or gave a one month time frame in which to establish some kind of reasonable score. In josko’s case nothing was done despite everybody being aware. I requested the account be suspended before opening a C&A report but nothing was done. Obviously it was eventually but really way too late. Also no warning or month deadline was given to josko.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
InnyaFacce wrote:

Yes. It doesn't happen that often, but points can be reset. Usually for Point Dumping/Farming/Ranching.

The only point resets I’ve seen for point dumping are to people who benefited greatly from it. A key difference in those cases is that point dumping is usually done by spamming speed games, it affects nothing more than points. In the cases here it directly affects multiple tournaments also which makes it even more surprising more isn’t done to prevent this.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby xroads on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Your answer

Ownership does not care
Major xroads

Postby Donelladan on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:- the situation was reported to moderators who then issued warnings and/or gave a one month time frame in which to establish some kind of reasonable score. .

How can you give a warning to someone that left the site ? ( not talking about josko or anyone case but in general).

And even if the players in question receive the warning but are not able to play their turn regardless ?

I understand that you are calling out the one giving the warning here, I am just confused by the situation in general.
Even though, it seems you are also asking why josko didnt receive a warning, are you sure he didnt ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Donelladan wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:- the situation was reported to moderators who then issued warnings and/or gave a one month time frame in which to establish some kind of reasonable score. .

How can you give a warning to someone that left the site ? ( not talking about josko or anyone case but in general).

And even if the players in question receive the warning but are not able to play their turn regardless ?

I understand that you are calling out the one giving the warning here, I am just confused by the situation in general.
Even though, it seems you are also asking why josko didnt receive a warning, are you sure he didnt ?

I am confused too and I do not agree that this method of giving warnings and deadlines to improve score is the correct way to do things, but it is the precedent that has been set so I don't see why anyone should be given an exception to that rule.

Yes, I know josko wasn't given a warning, nor a deadline to improve his score. At least not before I made this thread.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Have you considered cutting down on your caffeine intake? I mean, really considered it?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Symmetry wrote:Have you considered cutting down on your caffeine intake? I mean, really considered it?

This thread has nothing to do about his caffeine intake. So before everyone gets into a war with words, how about we don't.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Have you considered cutting down on your caffeine intake? I mean, really considered it?

This thread has nothing to do about his caffeine intake. So before everyone gets into a war with words, how about we don't.

Probably wise, although, just to be fair, advising someone to cut down on caffeine is usually a good idea, and his username is "IAmCaffeine", so mentioning caffeine intake will tend to come up, what with the "I am Caffeine" reading of his username.

Not sure how else to read it tbh. But yes, I don't really want to a war of words about this either.

A truce?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Keefie on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

Probably wise, although, just to be fair, advising someone to cut down on caffeine is usually a good idea, and his username is "IAmCaffeine", so mentioning caffeine intake will tend to come up, what with the "I am Caffeine" reading of his username.

Not sure how else to read it tbh. But yes, I don't really want to a war of words about this either.

A truce?

Stop trolling this thread please. Anymore attempts to derail it will be deleted. Thanks
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Keefie wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

A truce?

Stop trolling this thread please. Anymore attempts to derail it will be deleted. Thanks

I wasn't trolling, but ok, I'll leave this alone.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby golfguide on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:04 am

I've recently given you one.
New Recruit golfguide

Postby TeeGee on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:06 am

golfguide wrote:I've recently given you one.

HA HA

Bye
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby 2dimes on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:13 am

Don't forget to fix that signature link to re-direct to the pantry so we can fill some games.
Corporal 2dimes

Return to Conquer Club Discussion