Conquer Club

Cancelling membership

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Cancelling membership

Postby Jack_Strap on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 am

Not sure who I should be contacting but I've sent a couple of emails to the support email but no one has got back to me.

Due to a change in circumstances I stopped playing last year but hadn't appreciated my premium membership would automatically be renewed.

When payment was taking for the renewal I contacted the support team (within minutes of the payment being taken) but was just sent a link to the T&Cs saying I'd signed up to a renewing membership. But I would expect a notification email before the renewal at the very least, as all other companies are legally bound to do.

The funny thing is that if I find myself with more time on my hands I would probably come back to the site and over time pay more than one years membership. Funny approach to customer service!

Could someone please reply to my email or contact me to discuss this.
Lieutenant Jack_Strap

Re: Cancelling membership

Postby TeeGee on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:47 am

Hi,
When did you send in the support ticket? I find it unusual they didn’t reply, tickets are always replied to.
Maybe check your spam folders and add support@conquerclub.com to your safe users list.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Jack_Strap on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:33 am

First email was on 20th which they responded to straight away. Have sent a couple of emails since then, last one being 6th Jan, and radio silence since then.
Lieutenant Jack_Strap

Postby jfm10 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=account this link should take you to be able to unsubscribe for future but not help for current.
Corporal 1st Class jfm10

Postby riskllama on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm

jfm = helping

*i like your hat, btw... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:11 am

Jack_Strap wrote:When payment was taking for the renewal I contacted the support team (within minutes of the payment being taken) but was just sent a link to the T&Cs saying I'd signed up to a renewing membership. But I would expect a notification email before the renewal at the very least, as all other companies are legally bound to do.

Classic CC.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:43 am

mrswdk wrote:
Jack_Strap wrote:When payment was taking for the renewal I contacted the support team (within minutes of the payment being taken) but was just sent a link to the T&Cs saying I'd signed up to a renewing membership. But I would expect a notification email before the renewal at the very least, as all other companies are legally bound to do.

Classic CC.

mrswdk = geek
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby riskllama on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 am

saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

Classic CC.

mrswdk = poor and/or cheap geek

*fixed
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:13 am

saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

Classic CC.

Can someone tell me what saxi wrote? I still have one more turn in our game before I'm speaking to him again.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:48 am

mrswdk wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

Classic CC.

Can someone tell me what saxi wrote? I still have one more turn in our game before I'm speaking to him again.

someone tell him I wrote

SUCK IT
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:06 am

Saxi says to say he said SUCK IT

but he really said he loves you very much
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:08 am

jfm10 wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=account this link should take you to be able to unsubscribe for future but not help for current.

Jack, this is the best advice. Only you can cancel your own subscription.
If I could, I would do it for you, but I do not have that sort of access
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 am

TeeGee wrote:Saxi says to say he said SUCK IT

but he really said he loves you very much

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby lokisgal on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:42 pm

I just got auto billed for a quaterly membership.... I only bought one of those last time because I was short on cash and certainly did not agree to be billed once a quarter. That would be stupid when its less for a year.. I was going to buy a yearly but am now thinking I may just not renew at all

this is not ok and clearly Im not the only one this has happened to. I dont feel like we should have to keep chasing down the site via e tickets for this sort of greed. Ive been playing on here for over 10 years and this may push me right on out.

Its stealing to do this and something the BBB should be made aware of
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 pm

lokisgal wrote:I just got auto billed for a quaterly membership.... I only bought one of those last time because I was short on cash and certainly did not agree to be billed once a quarter. That would be stupid when its less for a year.. I was going to buy a yearly but am now thinking I may just not renew at all

this is not ok and clearly Im not the only one this has happened to. I dont feel like we should have to keep chasing down the site via e tickets for this sort of greed. Ive been playing on here for over 10 years and this may push me right on out.

Its stealing to do this and something the BBB should be made aware of

If you use card instead of credits it’s automatically a reoccurring subscription. The only way to do it one time is thru credits, which don’t have easily matching denominations.

There are ppl who have been gone awhile who are still getting billed premiums, pretty sad unfortunately. You aren’t the first, nor will you likely be the last.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Is what lokisgal said true, that when you buy a quarterly pass it doesn't tell you the pass will renew next quarter (but then automatically does)?

Whatever saxi said may or may not be a true statement but I don't know because I can't read it.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:12 pm

mrswdk wrote:Is what lokisgal said true, that when you buy a quarterly pass it doesn't tell you the pass will renew next quarter (but then automatically does)?

Whatever saxi said may or may not be a true statement but I don't know because I can't read it.

In the store it says “Premium Membership - Quarterly Subscription [Info]”
You have to click info and then terms to get the word “reoccurring”.

CC believes using the word subscription equals a reoccurring thing, and points to the terms as a more detailed explaination. Instead of making it clear for consumers, they choose to alienate and frustrate customers and then refuse refunds. At the time, multiple mods tried getting the word “reoccurring” to be included (not just subscription” but was intentionally left buried in the terms.

And even that took a member being pissed off enough to look into California consumer protection laws and sending a nasty gram to get additional information added to those terms / titles to be more transparent

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby lokisgal on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:34 pm

This is not cool. What if I want to do a year and only 1 year, I cant change? Im locked in and then if I change to a year I am constantly billed. This entire thing smells funny. It sounds like my only way out is to cancel my card so they cant keep billing me. Honestly why would I keep buying quarterly memberships when I could pay for a yearly? Why would I want to be constantly renewed?

Big Wham this is not ok.
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Doc_Brown on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:37 pm

To check recurring subscriptions, look in the "Personal Menu" section on the bar on the left edge of the screen and go to "Store." Then click the "Account" tab and look under "Active Subscriptions." If it has anything listed, you will be billed periodically. I believe that is also where you cancel subscriptions. The last couple times I've paid for membership, I bought it and then immediately canceled. It doesn't cancel your membership when you do that, but it does stop the site from automatically renewing your membership when it expires.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:38 pm

lokisgal wrote:This is not cool. What if I want to do a year and only 1 year, I cant change? Im locked in and then if I change to a year I am constantly billed. This entire thing smells funny. It sounds like my only way out is to cancel my card so they cant keep billing me. Honestly why would I keep buying quarterly memberships when I could pay for a yearly? Why would I want to be constantly renewed?

Big Wham this is not ok.

You can go to the store on left menu and cancel your active subscriptions, then subscribe to the year subscription. Or, you’d have to buy credits and pay one time yearly credit fees that are higher then the direct subscription card rate (and one year membership is 3,500 credits, but you can’t buy only 3,500 credits, the denominations don’t match up. Much like 8 hot dogs and a 6 bun pack, you’ll always have leftovers etc)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Doc_Brown on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:40 pm

It seems like this topic comes up every few months. Perhaps the mods could place a sticky at the top of this forum describing how to purchase memberships as well as cancel subscriptions to avoid surprise billings?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:It seems like this topic comes up every few months. Perhaps the mods could place a sticky at the top of this forum describing how to purchase memberships as well as cancel subscriptions to avoid surprise billings?

Very few of the site actually use the forums, what needs to happen is a change at the store level where people actually make their purchases

By it coming up regularly, it’s clear what’s in place isn’t clear wnough

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:58 pm

IcePack wrote:
lokisgal wrote:This is not cool. What if I want to do a year and only 1 year, I cant change? Im locked in and then if I change to a year I am constantly billed. This entire thing smells funny. It sounds like my only way out is to cancel my card so they cant keep billing me. Honestly why would I keep buying quarterly memberships when I could pay for a yearly? Why would I want to be constantly renewed?

Big Wham this is not ok.

You can go to the store on left menu and cancel your active subscriptions, then subscribe to the year subscription. Or, you’d have to buy credits and pay one time yearly credit fees that are higher then the direct subscription card rate (and one year membership is 3,500 credits, but you can’t buy only 3,500 credits, the denominations don’t match up. Much like 8 hot dogs and a 6 bun pack, you’ll always have leftovers etc)

But unlike here, two lucky people get a double dog bun :D

Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:14 pm

This is like how I think I've accidentally signed up for some sort of recurring Tinder premium membership but can't work out how to a) find out or b) cancel it. That one's not so bad though because it lets me send mad likes to hotties, the output of which is sex rather than a new color Nuclear Achievement Medal.

I CC's defense I think 'quarterly subscription' sounds much more like a recurring subscription (the clue is in term 'subscription') than a one off three-month pass.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby lokisgal on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Its a sneaky way to keep getting money - no transparency. I was just directed to the spot where you can unsubscribe to automatically being billed however the fact that its automatic to begin with is somewhat offensive.
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion