Incandenza wrote:Okay, so my first mentoree pretty much washed out. So, if anyone would like a mentor to teach them about the certain subjects (escalating, any fortification scheme, team games, stalemates, pretty much anything but freestyle), please fulfill all of the following:
an interest in actually getting better
a deep-seated hatred of missing turns
a willingness to let a complete stranger be horrifically blunt about your strategy
PM me if you qualify.
Sorry to be such a prick about it, but I have no interest in wasting anyone's time, especially my own.
yeah I'm on my second failed attempt. Nothing worse than setting up some doubles game to discuss strategies and give advice just to be ignored in team chat...
I'm also looking for a new person to mentor, but unless you're absolutely willing to discuss strategies (no matter how poor or great you think yours may be) then please do not ask for my help.
I will only mentor people who are actually looking to be and wanting to be critiqued and learn how to make themselves better not have me transform them into me or have them trying to copy my playstyle or just want somebody to drag their score up the ladder...
If you can not handle it and or are a stubborn person than I will play our game out and call it a day.
1. Player must have more than 25 games completed. If I check your games played and you're a turn skipper then don't bother...
2. Must explain each and every single turn BEFORE they take their turn. That means you must explain your plan and then execute it. I will check the game logs...
3. Must LISTEN to my advice even if they don't agree with it. I'm here to help not have people help me so this is important. They must also be willing to tell me why they don't agree with my advice after they do as instructed.
4. You can sware act like a jack ass or whatever the hell you want I don't care. Just work as a team and respect me as a mentor, while keeping in mind that you're the one who is asking for help.
5. Must be able to put their ego aside...
if you can abide by these 5 simple rules then PM me and we can work something out.