Conquer Club

Mentoring Pilot Program

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Postby Molacole on Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:39 pm

Incandenza wrote:Okay, so my first mentoree pretty much washed out. So, if anyone would like a mentor to teach them about the certain subjects (escalating, any fortification scheme, team games, stalemates, pretty much anything but freestyle), please fulfill all of the following:

premium
an interest in actually getting better
a deep-seated hatred of missing turns
a willingness to let a complete stranger be horrifically blunt about your strategy

PM me if you qualify.

Sorry to be such a prick about it, but I have no interest in wasting anyone's time, especially my own.

yeah I'm on my second failed attempt. Nothing worse than setting up some doubles game to discuss strategies and give advice just to be ignored in team chat...

I'm also looking for a new person to mentor, but unless you're absolutely willing to discuss strategies (no matter how poor or great you think yours may be) then please do not ask for my help.

I will only mentor people who are actually looking to be and wanting to be critiqued and learn how to make themselves better not have me transform them into me or have them trying to copy my playstyle or just want somebody to drag their score up the ladder...

If you can not handle it and or are a stubborn person than I will play our game out and call it a day.

1. Player must have more than 25 games completed. If I check your games played and you're a turn skipper then don't bother...

2. Must explain each and every single turn BEFORE they take their turn. That means you must explain your plan and then execute it. I will check the game logs...

3. Must LISTEN to my advice even if they don't agree with it. I'm here to help not have people help me so this is important. They must also be willing to tell me why they don't agree with my advice after they do as instructed.

4. You can sware act like a jack ass or whatever the hell you want I don't care. Just work as a team and respect me as a mentor, while keeping in mind that you're the one who is asking for help.

5. Must be able to put their ego aside...

if you can abide by these 5 simple rules then PM me and we can work something out.
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby CirqueDaddy on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:01 pm

My mentor has disapeared.

I sent multiple PMs gave him plenty of time to respond and poof. Gone.

I need a new one
New Recruit CirqueDaddy

Postby I GOT SERVED on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:24 pm

I'm willing to be a mentor. I can help out a few people that are just starting, and help them get their footing, but that's about it.

PM me if you're interested.

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby kratos644 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

I need a little of both. As a mentoree all I really need help with is adjacent forts other than that I've got things down pretty good so as a mentoree I'd be a 4

I can also be a mentor I'd rate myself 3 there. I can help with anything but adjacent and freestyle. I don't help with freestyle because i choose not to play it. I specialize in doubles games so you can either play a teaching doubles with or against me doesn't matter I have a constant partner. In 1v1 games against wach other I will play as a teaching game meaning I will hold back some and put you in different situations of play to see how you react to different styles of play. I prefer premium but it's alright if you don't have it. That's basically it. Here are some rules if im going to mentor you though. Someone else has these almost exact rules but mine are a little different.

1. Player must have more than 15 games completed. If I check your games played and you're a frequent turn skipper then don't bother. I understand a missed turn here and there but if you are a frequent turn skipper and have no reason for it then I will not mentor you.

2. Must explain each and every single turn BEFORE they take their turn. That means you must explain your plan and then execute it. I will check the game logs...

3. Must LISTEN to my advice even if they don't agree with it. I'm here to help not have people help me so this is important. They must also be willing to tell me why they don't agree with my advice after they do as instructed.

4. You can sware act like a jack ass or whatever the hell you want I don't care. Just work as a team and respect me as a mentor, while keeping in mind that you're the one who is asking for help.

5. Must be able to put their ego aside...

if you can abide by these 5 simple rules then PM me and we can work something out.
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:45 pm

Brock wrote:Mentoree 3: Joined! experimented with various games! lost some through inattention! Lost some through indifferent partners who bugged out early! At the end of the day 13games crashed in flames 13 times. No excuses I am failing! Help! I need a mentor!

well i pmed brock and told him id mentor him so unless someone has already taken him or he doesnt want me as a mentor then ill mentor him
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:45 pm

ok brock is now officially my mentoree but i still need a mentor to teach me about adjacent fortifications ive never won a game with adjacent forts and the only time ive ever played them was when i was forced to in a tourney. im a level 4 mentoree someone please help me out
Major kratos644

Mentor

Postby Prankcall on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:46 am

I can mentor one person and im a level 4 id say...

My best games are freestyle,escalating,chained... however i am successful in all games but am kinda just getting into a double and triple phase...so I could only trluy give advice in Single's..
Sergeant 1st Class Prankcall

Postby J0057 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:26 am

I am definitely someone who needs a mentor. I am ok at the game, and I found my way around the site pretty fast and easily. But I am not winning games, in fact, I've had it more than once now that I was doing ok, getting some bonusses, the 2 northern regions of Middle earth for example. Or a nice hold on Africa and moving into Europe without much difficulty, but now I've been stamped into the ground in 1 turn.

I definitely need a mentor to help me find out how to refine my strategy or if I'd completely change it.
Sergeant 1st Class J0057

mentor me!

Postby Plantagenet on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:13 am

Hi - I loved RISK as a kid - though i wasn't that great a player even then! Thats 30 years ago... and I am now finding out, playing online for the firstg time, just how little I know --- so although i know my way round the "classic" world, I have no clue about the other boards and could fairly call myself a "1".

Anyone up for a big project? Happy to show you the 4 games in which I am quickly being backed into a corner and eaten alive by my more experienced bretheren!
Cadet Plantagenet

mentoree

Postby Ethiopianmadman on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:19 am

I guess I am between a 2 and 3. I am only a couple of games in, but I could use a source for answering question and learning the site
Cook Ethiopianmadman

Re: mentor me!

Postby J0057 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 am

Plantagenet wrote:Hi - I loved RISK as a kid - though i wasn't that great a player even then! Thats 30 years ago... and I am now finding out, playing online for the firstg time, just how little I know --- so although i know my way round the "classic" world, I have no clue about the other boards and could fairly call myself a "1".

Anyone up for a big project? Happy to show you the 4 games in which I am quickly being backed into a corner and eaten alive by my more experienced bretheren!

The Classic world as I have found out is the best to start with, though with minor extras every map on this site works just about the same as the classical world.
Sergeant 1st Class J0057

Postby kratos644 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:29 pm

well i still need help with adjacent forts ive got everything else down pretty solid i just need 2 work on adjacent forts so anyone that can teach me about them im willing to learn
Major kratos644

f you want to be a mentoree skill level 4

Postby Delak on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Hello All Mentors,

I need some help. I have played a few games and lost all but one. I need some help winning some games please.

Thank you
Delak
aka Kevin
Private Delak

Postby silentninja on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:27 pm

I usualy start out good and then end up not finishing it off.

I like to play Freestyle escallating unlimited.

Most of my games are triples/1 vs 1.

I would like some help in classic map and 1 vs 1 matches.

I would say I am a 4.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sergeant silentninja

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:19 pm

i would like to be a mentoree im a 3 and i like freestyle
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby rebelman on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:14 am

Having descended to the ranks of cook again despite my previously stated ambition of becoming the best cook player on cc, I am signing up for this programme. All those interested in mentoring me can forward their application forms and references to me by pm. Following an intensive interview process the winner will be chosen for this unique opportunity. Rebelman is an equal opportunities employer. (there will be no payment involved)
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:08 am

Mentor 2.5
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Tieryn on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:22 am

I'm interested in being a Mentee. Level 3, I think I've got reasonable strategy but I just can't seem to get above this 15-1600 level, Looking to get up into the 2000+ and beyond. Anyone who's up there and wants to help, please send me a pm.
Sergeant 1st Class Tieryn

Postby Trainsrokg on Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:20 pm

i need help, i know how to do everything, but im just bad at the game
Awesomeness Tournament Director
Cook Trainsrokg

Postby kalishnikov on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:48 pm

Alright, my debt to the state is paid. If anyone is looking for a few pointers I'd be glad to help. I'm best at no cards/flat rate, chained, standard or doubles.

Send me a pm if interested. I'm far from great but I'd be glad to help anyone that I can.
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby panic- on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:12 am

I'd like to be a mentoree...

I'd rate myself between a 2 and a 3 (Know how to play Risk, can navigate site pretty well... but dont know how ALL features work took me 2 turns to learn how the chained fortification worked which kinda cost me a bit... Feel like im losing all the games im in but they're not over yet :D)

Edit: Best way to contact me is by PM. Im probably wont check this topic very often and dont want too many email notifications every time something gets added to this topic.
Private panic-

Postby the_fatty on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:29 am

i guess i need some help. id rate myself a 3 cause i can play and all but i lose 2 much

best way to contact me is pm
Private the_fatty

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 am

This is a great idea.

Mentoree
3 - Been here a bit, but need help winning games
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby the_fatty on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:48 pm

now i really need some help. ive dropped down to a cook!! if someone wants to mentor me, pm me plz
Private the_fatty

Postby john1099 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:50 pm

3 or 4 ;)
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion