Conquer Club

Mentoring Pilot Program

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Mentoring Pilot Program

Postby AyeTrain on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:54 am

ThomasM93, PM me and I'll be glad to help you out.

This is my first mentoring attempt: I'm assuming it's okay for me to give advice on his games? Or is outside advice frowned on, and I should only give advice in a mutual game?
Lieutenant AyeTrain

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:01 am

AyeTrain wrote:ThomasM93, PM me and I'll be glad to help you out.

This is my first mentoring attempt: I'm assuming it's okay for me to give advice on his games? Or is outside advice frowned on, and I should only give advice in a mutual game?

See a couple posts above yours and the one to which you responded ... I'm not sure anyone knows what is going on with this.
Colonel agentcom

Postby ubuntu33 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Can I be a mentoree? level 3
thx for this great forum :D
Private 1st Class ubuntu33

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Good luck, but see the post above yours, which directs you to the post a couple above the one right above that :)

Sorry, but good luck learning. There are plenty of good team players out there, I'm just not sure they stop by here.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm

agentcom wrote:Every once in a while someone posts here. I'm always curious whether they ever find a mentor as a result. Maybe there are people who PM the posters. Some high ranked players might actually like playing with people who are expressing a desire to be better at the game because the high-rankers will gain more points playing with them. Or maybe some clans are checking these guys out. Idk, but I don't think I've ever seen someone come back here and ask why nobody has answered them yet.

Yes, I did do this. Long ago when I was new to CC, I found this thread. I PMd 4 or 5 mentors and got advice from 2 of them. One of them, Zidane - 21 taught me how to play Feudal and gave me help with some other games. He still invites me to a game every now and then. The other one I've forgotten the identity of, but I know he he did give me useful tips about adjusting your strategy for different spoil and reinforcement options.

Unfortunately, it has been a long time since anyone actively updated this thread, so it is not nearly as useful as it should be. I don't think you can get a mentor here by just posting and asking for one, but if you have initiative and you're willing to PM the people who identified themselves as mentors, you can make it work.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Armandolas on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Hello, i would like to be a mentor of someone who is eager to learn

Also i would like to be a mentoree in freestyle games

Both level 3 i think

If anyone interested just PM and we talk a bit about if i can be usefull in anything, i will be glad to help and be helped

Cheers
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:33 pm

I also offer consultation to anyone who PM's me for advice. Especially in Trench War settings.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 am

Viceroy63 wrote:I also offer consultation to anyone who PM's me for advice. Especially in Trench War settings.

i guess a person with so much trench experience will have half of the site asking for your wise consultations! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:37 am

betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:I also offer consultation to anyone who PM's me for advice. Especially in Trench War settings.

i guess a person with so much trench experience will have half of the site asking for your wise consultations! :lol:

Betiko would you like to be my french mentor? :D
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Well if you don't know any french, I can teach you a word or two. Just as if you are new to Trench, I can also mentor you as well. An appreciative person does not look a gift horse in the mouth!

But if you already have experience in TW games then why would you be looking for a mentor???

I would think that you would invite me to a 1vs.1 TW game and put me to shame and steal my points instead. ;)
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:Well if you don't know any french, I can teach you a word or two. Just as if you are new to Trench, I can also mentor you as well. An appreciative person does not look a gift horse in the mouth!

But if you already have experience in TW games then why would you be looking for a mentor???

I would think that you would invite me to a 1vs.1 TW game and put me to shame and steal my points instead. ;)

just saw you invited me to a 1vs1 game. not interested, if you want send a team game invite. 1vs1 trench is just about who starts first unless there is some BS dice/drop, anyone with basic trench understanding wins by starting first. 50% chances to win 14pts 50% chances to lose 28pts or so. Or, I might accept if we launch 2 games, 1 me vs you the other one you vs a low rank that I coach
Major betiko

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm

betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:Well if you don't know any french, I can teach you a word or two. Just as if you are new to Trench, I can also mentor you as well. An appreciative person does not look a gift horse in the mouth!

just saw you invited me to a 1vs1 game. not interested, if you want send a team game invite. 1vs1 trench is just about who starts first unless there is some BS dice/drop, anyone with basic trench understanding wins by starting first. 50% chances to win 14pts 50% chances to lose 28pts or so. Or, I might accept if we launch 2 games, 1 me vs you the other one you vs a low rank that I coach

Give me time to get a team together. Cool?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Give me time to get a team together. Cool?

no prob! trips or quads prefered over dubs, any map any settings you want.
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

I dont agree about the one who goes first wins 50% of the time
Only in maps that u start with 4 or more troops to deploy, there i must agree
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Armandolas wrote:I dont agree about the one who goes first wins 50% of the time
Only in maps that u start with 4 or more troops to deploy, there i must agree

well no, my point was more like 80% of the time you start in trench 1v1 you win. 50% was the chance of getting to start first.

viceroy; actually i saw 2 maps just came out, philadelphia and madrid haven't tried them yet and would be interested to. also haven't tried sydney either that they launched not too long ago. also, can we team evolutionists vs creationists? if ever there are enough creationists to build a full trips/quad team! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Armandolas do you want freestyle help?
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby SaMejoHn on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 am

hello, I need help with maps :oops:
Major SaMejoHn

Postby Armandolas on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 am

jsnyder748 wrote:Armandolas do you want freestyle help?

Yes, i would like to. I want to be super in Mogul/freestyle to become a conqueror :P

But surely yes, if u would like to help i will contact you as soon i get a stable internet (recentlly moved home)

Cheers
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Rayfinkle on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 pm

I played mostly 2v2 with a friend last year for a period of about 3 months and it was a blast. Unfortunately he does not play anymore and he was kind of the brains of the operation. I'm getting back into CC and would love a mentor for... well, everything. I am interested in all styles (except freestyle) and would just like to start getting better.

I will eventually start PMing potential mentors, but I just wanted to post this in case anyone is looking for a new pupil. I rank around a 3 on the scale on the first page. Thanks!
Sergeant Rayfinkle

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Rayfinkle; I know you from "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective" LOL. :lol:

See that is how you do this! You PM the person who said on this thread that they are willing to mentor others. You ask them if they are available to mentor you and let them set up the team games. Or if you want to learn single playing strategies, then you talk to them about getting advice from them as you play that game. But the seeker of a mentor must be the one who initiates first and continual contact.

Please feel free to contact me for Team Games but I will put you to read some forum threads on the subject of team strategy first.

But the very best thing that you can do for single games is to sign up with the SoC Training Program and learn the strategy of escalating spoils, Strategy of the Stacks known as the F4M (First 4 Moves) and build on that first before learning team strategies. Trust me, in the long run it works out better if you take it one step at a time. Join the SoC first and learn that first like the back of your hand and then seek out team game action. That way you can participate in the "Brains of the Operation!"

Here is a link below to the SoC sign up page. Click on it and sign up...

show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Cartman58 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 am

I'm a strong solo player, but would love to find a mentor to teach me the team games, starting with doubles. I've tried a few times without feeling like I really "get it."
Sergeant 1st Class Cartman58

Postby celliottii on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 am

I've been playing at CC for just over a year now...I do fairly well in normal games, but get toasted in 1 v 1 games. I've roller coastered between Lt. and down to PFC and then back up again.
Sergeant 1st Class celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby danielfolsom on Fri May 03, 2013 12:45 am

I'd love a mentor. Skill level is probably 1-2 - I played a bit in 2009 but only ever ok; came back this year.
Sergeant 1st Class danielfolsom

Postby Armandolas on Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 am

danielfolsom wrote:I'd love a mentor. Skill level is probably 1-2 - I played a bit in 2009 but only ever ok; came back this year.

Hello
What kind of mentoring would you like?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby wacicha on Fri May 03, 2013 1:35 pm

danielfolsom I will email you on Saturday
Major wacicha

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion