Conquer Club

Hey there, how's it going?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Hey there, how's it going?

Postby BadMoFu on Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:18 pm

Hey there, just wanted to let you know that about 12 years ago I joined this site because of my passion for the game of risk. About 11 years ago I lost my passion and stopped playing. About 3 years ago I rejoined this site, and was met with insane hostility from the admins and some of the player base. I won't get into details, but here is the topic where I was banned: viewtopic.php?f=239&t=229154&p=5074943&hilit=BadMo#p5074943

I'm not here to make any appeals, on the contrary, I'm here to gloat. After I was banned here I joined another popular risk app, and I had an amazing time being a part of that community. Over the 2-3 years that I have been a part of that community, I have made dozens of friends from top players, and I became one myself. At some point I became THE #1 PLAYER on the leaderboard. And I have spent hundreds of dollars on that app, on purely cosmetics, because I like them, and they like me, and they are nothing like you, because you are a toxic dying community. And I hope you keep on dying, but I hope you don't die fast. Because I hope you die slow.

Take care.

https://ibb.co/hcpRS6v
https://ibb.co/m68ZYdF
Cook BadMoFu

Re: Hey there, how's it going?

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:14 pm

For the record, your account isn't banned, so why would you appeal? And I recognise the game, have played it myself. Not that hard to get to a grandmaster. Most of them do it by farming noobs, so not much skill required to top the scoreboard, just too much time on your hands. There is even a dispute about how the scoreboard works in that game. But you have a right to your opinion on what games you like the most. I have a Steam account with a lot of games on it, and yet I still come back here. Some people are assholes sure, but there are assholes literally everywhere.

Coming here just proves that you're upset with Conquerclub. This post is not a gloat, it's very loud QQing. Do you think that you're somehow sticking it to us here? Rhetorical question.

I wasn't around when all of this went down, but from what I gather (from the linked thread and your own complaints elsewhere), you started playing on both of your accounts simultaneously instead of first finishing up the games on one before starting games on the other? You were being given a chance to put it right. They don't allow new accounts to be made because of people manipulating the scoreboard and you could have finished your games, then moved back to your other account. Or just drop the new account altogether and tell them to guest it. They move your premium with you to the "real" account. Anyway, had you just done what was asked, there wouldn't have been an issue. At least from what I see. If I did what you did, I'd be banned/suspended too. There are no exceptions. And considering that you are not banned now, seems like you got suspended.

And if an admin contacts you that quickly over an old account, it generally means that you logged into it, (so it's latest login was recent) and you've been flagged doing so, regardless of any claims made by the player.

Anyway, I think Conquerclub is better off without you if you're carrying a grievance around this long. This is a pretty toxic post from someone who makes claims to not liking being in a toxic community. It's toxic people that make a community toxic.

Have a nice life.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:43 pm

/thread
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby TeeGee on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:/thread

:D It's all good EW. I will let this guy bury himself

I think it is hilarious when a busted multi that we gave a 2nd chance to comes back whinging and whining.
Says a lot for his new favourite site when the best he could manage here is a little over 600 points, must be some real tough competition :lol:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Donelladan on Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:35 am

They don't allow new accounts to be made because of people manipulating the scoreboard

Like how ? How many generals do come back to farm their way up ?
99% of the time it's a someone that was at best lieutenant, come back with a new account with 1000 points and start playing games, such guy maybe will take 30 points instead of 25 points while playing a higher rank, what a scoreboard manipulation.

I think the rule for preventing people to create new account is the stupidest rule on CC.
Not having two account at the same time is understandable, not being allow to create a new account when you come back to the site 5 years later is such a non-sense.
No one ever get this rule. That fact alone should make us stop and think that there maybe is a problem.
I've personally helped several people get their correct account back, I know they don't get it and sometimes struggle to get the correct account back.
Giving a bad experience to people that just came back is a huge deterrent to have them come back and enjoy the game. You simply want to play and you suddenly have to go through a painful process of switching back to your old account while losing the games you just started to play on the new account

And the only people I see opening C&A to ban such kind of "multi" are noob-farmer that are angry they didn't get the easy points they were looking for.

CC would definitely be better off if this rule was removed.

Not that I care that much about BaMo(Fu), just taking the occasion to rant about this silly rule.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:45 pm

Donelladan wrote:
They don't allow new accounts to be made because of people manipulating the scoreboard

Like how ? How many generals do come back to farm their way up ?
99% of the time it's a someone that was at best lieutenant, come back with a new account with 1000 points and start playing games, such guy maybe will take 30 points instead of 25 points while playing a higher rank, what a scoreboard manipulation.

I think the rule for preventing people to create new account is the stupidest rule on CC.
Not having two account at the same time is understandable, not being allow to create a new account when you come back to the site 5 years later is such a non-sense.
No one ever get this rule. That fact alone should make us stop and think that there maybe is a problem.
I've personally helped several people get their correct account back, I know they don't get it and sometimes struggle to get the correct account back.
Giving a bad experience to people that just came back is a huge deterrent to have them come back and enjoy the game. You simply want to play and you suddenly have to go through a painful process of switching back to your old account while losing the games you just started to play on the new account

And the only people I see opening C&A to ban such kind of "multi" are noob-farmer that are angry they didn't get the easy points they were looking for.

CC would definitely be better off if this rule was removed.

Not that I care that much about BaMo(Fu), just taking the occasion to rant about this silly rule.

+1.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:01 pm

I never mentioned Generals, and wasn't even thinking about Generals. That's very specific. A colonel, could easily take a lot more points than 30 off you if he came back on a new account with the same skillset as yourself.

I might even agree with your assessment of the rule. I've even voiced that before. But if you stop playing today, then start a new account next week, I have no sympathy for you when you get in trouble. If you came back after a year or two, logged into your account, then decided "actually no, I'll make a new one" also no sympathy for you. It just seemed to me that BadMo had logged both accounts in order to get flagged so fast. (Logged into old one first, then decided to make new one.)

If you've been gone a few years and return to a new account, it shouldn't matter so long as you haven't logged into the old one. I'm willing to believe you've forgotten it's info, no longer have the email. Actually, I don't care. I'm sure there are several players on CC who are not playing on their original account and keep that fact to themselves.

Back when I started playing here, I made accounts all over the place. Every week, my online friends would choose a different board game site to play on. CC just happens to be the one that I stuck around on by myself without them. I could have made more than one account on some of the other ones over the course of 10 years and only played a couple games each time. Although when playing with them, I usually used this name, so it was easy to find. I'm sure no one would care, or ban me for that.

And I have no sympathy for BadMo because of his behaviour. I said exactly why in my other post.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion