Conquer Club

Proposal: Annual Scoreboard

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Would you support an Annual Scoreboard

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:37 am

YES
69%
NO
10%
Don't Care
21%

Total votes : 91

Proposal: Annual Scoreboard

Postby TeeGee on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:37 am

We currently already have more than one scoreboard, an alltime board, a monthly plus a number of stats scoreboards

I would like to go to admin with the proposal of an annual scoreboard with prizes and medals for each years top 10, an annual scoreboard is harder to manipulate than a monthly one.

In order for me to do this it will require community support

Ball is is your court guys and girls
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Re: Proposal: Annual Scoreboard

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:58 am

TeeGee wrote:We currently already have more than one scoreboard, an alltime board, a monthly plus a number of stats scoreboards

I would like to go to admin with the proposal of an annual scoreboard with prizes and medals for each years top 10, an annual scoreboard is harder to manipulate than a monthly one.

A proposal to make it harder to manipulate is fine with me. However,
1) someone will find a way to manipulate nearly all systems;
2) I am not sure I see a HUGE problem here;
3) I really have not given this matter much thought and do not consider my opinion very informed on this topic.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby PureStink on Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:24 am

Please refer to the SUGGESTIONS forum for discussions of this kind.

Thank you,
PS
Corporal PureStink

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:39 am

So in addition to/instead of the monthly most improved and monthly leaders, there would be a yearly version of these?
I feel like it could be abused in a similar way, near the end of a year you'd just have to time your losses so they all happen just before the next year starts so you can start it with a low score.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Swifte on Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:24 am

I like the spirit of it Teegee! I am sure someone will find a way to abuse it, but doesnā€™t mean itā€™s not worth trying.
Colonel Swifte

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:41 pm

PureStink wrote:Please refer to the SUGGESTIONS forum for discussions of this kind.

Thank you,
PS

Must ALL suggestions or Discussion about changes ONLY Occur in the Suggestion Thread?
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:43 pm

PureStink wrote:Please refer to the SUGGESTIONS forum for discussions of this kind.

Thank you,
PS

Must ALL suggestions or Discussion about changes ONLY Occur in the Suggestion Thread?

Some threads in Suggestions have not had posts since April 2022 and I only scanned the top portion of that page.
JP4Fun

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:49 pm

I like this idea.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:29 pm

Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:30 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:

Thank you,
PS

Some threads in Suggestions have not had posts since April 2022 and I only scanned the top portion of that page.

if you're a regular user yes :]
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Maxleod on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:52 pm

Kittens are cute.
Sergeant 1st Class Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby IcePack on Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:31 am

Is this a replacement of monthly / current scoreboards or in addition to strictly?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TeeGee on Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:04 am

IcePack wrote:Is this a replacement of monthly / current scoreboards or in addition to strictly?

Personally, I would like to see it as a replacement, but I would expect admin to prefer keeping the monthly boards for now.
As for manipulating, I would like it to be independent of the current scoreboard and everyone starts on 1000 points, a minimum number of games played per month to qualify and possibly x number of maps/settings to prevent someone farming there maps/settings
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:31 am

TeeGee wrote:As for manipulating, I would like it to be independent of the current scoreboard and everyone starts on 1000 points, a minimum number of games played per month to qualify and possibly x number of maps/settings to prevent someone farming there maps/settings

With that said, I suddenly like it a lot more.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:59 am

Lindax wrote:
TeeGee wrote:As for manipulating, I would like it to be independent of the current scoreboard and everyone starts on 1000 points, a minimum number of games played per month to qualify and possibly x number of maps/settings to prevent someone farming there maps/settings

With that said, I suddenly like it a lot more.

Lx

+1

As far replacement, I would not see a reason to keep 2, either we stay monthly or earlyā€¦
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:17 pm

TeeGee wrote:
IcePack wrote:Is this a replacement of monthly / current scoreboards or in addition to strictly?

Personally, I would like to see it as a replacement, but I would expect admin to prefer keeping the monthly boards for now.
As for manipulating, I would like it to be independent of the current scoreboard and everyone starts on 1000 points, a minimum number of games played per month to qualify and possibly x number of maps/settings to prevent someone farming there maps/settings

I like this proposal system.
With this way, we can keep current monthly scoreboards as well because their calculation system ia different.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:56 am

TG while we are gathering Community feedback, and in the event this comes live, I think we should pair it up with the suggestion of updating the Conqueror title requirement, there is good suggestion such a certain amount maps played (coding could use crossmap status level), and also a X amount of game played per month.

I do believe those 2 things are linked talking about top performer player(s).
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Keefie on Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:59 am

Mad777 wrote:TG while we are gathering Community feedback, and in the event this comes live, I think we should pair it up with the suggestion of updating the Conqueror title requirement, there is good suggestion such a certain amount maps played (coding could use crossmap status level), and also a X amount of game played per month.

I 100% agree with that.

Maybe x number of games on a minimum number of maps would be sufficient.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:00 pm

TeeGee wrote:

Oh yes, I would back this, especially if there's a monthly map/settings requirement. Wouldn't be fair if someone could just farm a few maps and get the top spot. I don't have a horse in that race, I don't play enough simultaneous games, but I want to see people having fun with something to aim for.

Would be nice to see something like this and an overhaul of how Conquerer is awarded at the same time. Both could go hand in hand. Not only would it prevent the current situation of someone manipulating the scoreboard and point hoarding, but would probably result in more games being played across the board. That could only be a good thing.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:17 pm

TeeGee wrote:We currently already have more than one scoreboard, an alltime board, a monthly plus a number of stats scoreboards

EDIT:
1. Everybody to start with the same 1000 points
2. Minimum number of games per month required to qualify (to be decided)
3. minimum number of maps/settings required to qualify (to be decided)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:18 pm

Mad777 wrote:TG while we are gathering Community feedback, and in the event this comes live, I think we should pair it up with the suggestion of updating the Conqueror title requirement, there is good suggestion such a certain amount maps played (coding could use crossmap status level), and also a X amount of game played per month.

Sounds like a plan :)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:06 am

X amount of game played per month => then maybe freemium player can't be conqueror anymore ?
How would you handle having the 1st player not being the conqueror in the scoreboard, would you hide the first player from the scoreboard ?

And note that most tops ranked players have a low number of game played per month. See top 10 :

naruto : 7 active games
Paengars : 8 active games
hyposquasher : 5 active games
cheffed : 14 active games
random21 : 2 actives
fusibaseball : 8 active games
mc05025 : 25 active games
Lancelot du Lac : 9 active games

DerStaufer ( freemium ) : 4 active games
jalijoo ( freemium ) : 3 active games

So either you put the cap high enough, and in the top 10 only mc05025 would be a conqueror, but that seems a bit weird to exclude almost the complete top 10 from the conqueror title.
or putting a minimum number of games played by month would actually not change much.

Btw, enforcing a certain amount of different maps played wouldn't prevent players such as the current conqueror, he'll just have to played the minimum amount of required maps, then afterwards restrict himself again to his favorite maps.

Imo there is no good restrictions you can apply to the conqueror title, and current way is good enough.

Maybe you can have a separate scoreboard, like best current all around player, best current performer or smthg lke that, and use a mix of the player stats. A bit like a better version of the monthly leader scoreboard => add more parameters that just starting score and end score. Maybe add in the formula number of opponents defeated ( better than number of maps played in the month, so that multiplayer games count more as 1vs1) and map variety
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Ark_Angel_NZ on Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:25 pm

At the heart of the issue that we're trying to solve is a way of measuring "best" that incorporates more than just the current method of scoring.

People who play 1v1 (including team games) accumulate points very differently to those who play larger multiplayer games, which makes it difficult to calculate a metric that can fairly be compared. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Perhaps the Conqueror badge should be left alone - however additional badges could be introduced to help celebrate achievements in a way that reflects the diversity of gameplay on Conquer Club.

Examples:
Multiplayer 'Conqueror' - Player with highest number of points who plays a certain % of games with more 3 or more unique players.
Singles 'Conqueror' - Player with highest number of points who plays a certain % of games 1v1 (including poly).
Team 'Conqueror' - Player with the highest number of points who plays a certain % of games with team mates.

These badges could be visible on the scoreboard and be a target for the "discipline" that a player might prefer and play often.

The certain % of games would need to be defined, most likely on a rolling period, so that if a players preferences for game play change over time they aren't "locked in" to a particular badge based on their vast history of games.
General Ark_Angel_NZ

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:57 pm

Donelladan wrote:
X amount of game played per month => then maybe freemium player can't be conqueror anymore ?
How would you handle having the 1st player not being the conqueror in the scoreboard, would you hide the first player from the scoreboard ?

And note that most tops ranked players have a low number of game played per month. See top 10 :

naruto : 7 active games
Paengars : 8 active games
hyposquasher : 5 active games
cheffed : 14 active games
random21 : 2 actives
fusibaseball : 8 active games
mc05025 : 25 active games
Lancelot du Lac : 9 active games

DerStaufer ( freemium ) : 4 active games
jalijoo ( freemium ) : 3 active games

So either you put the cap high enough, and in the top 10 only mc05025 would be a conqueror, but that seems a bit weird to exclude almost the complete top 10 from the conqueror title.
or putting a minimum number of games played by month would actually not change much.

Btw, enforcing a certain amount of different maps played wouldn't prevent players such as the current conqueror, he'll just have to played the minimum amount of required maps, then afterwards restrict himself again to his favorite maps.

Imo there is no good restrictions you can apply to the conqueror title, and current way is good enough.

Maybe you can have a separate scoreboard, like best current all around player, best current performer or smthg lke that, and use a mix of the player stats. A bit like a better version of the monthly leader scoreboard => add more parameters that just starting score and end score. Maybe add in the formula number of opponents defeated ( better than number of maps played in the month, so that multiplayer games count more as 1vs1) and map variety

I take personal offense that you excluded me from top 10 - I'm pretty sure I have been top 10 all month- I have 18 active games at the moment, but I usually have around 30
I for once would like players to be forced to play a lot of games in multiple kinds of setting only few in the top do it and I think that speak better of those who play a lot.

Actually more than active games u should check games finished in the month Fusi has 21 finished games more tha mc 12. But yeah overall ony a handfull of generals have more than 20 games finished by month. And only Josko and I have more than 30 (74 and 84 respectivly)

I agree excluding freemiuns wouldn't be nice. perhaps use some percentage metric to the amount of games played in each setting/map could solve the issue.

Some of the ARK's recomendations could fit as well
Last edited by TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:30 pm

Ark_Angel_NZ wrote:Perhaps the Conqueror badge should be left alone - however additional badges could be introduced to help celebrate achievements in a way that reflects the diversity of gameplay on Conquer Club.

Examples:
Multiplayer 'Conqueror' - Player with highest number of points who plays a certain % of games with more 3 or more unique players.
Singles 'Conqueror' - Player with highest number of points who plays a certain % of games 1v1 (including poly).
Team 'Conqueror' - Player with the highest number of points who plays a certain % of games with team mates.

I get that not everybody can commit to the game load and lenght of those tournaments, but we already have the championships that do a similar job
Brigadier ZaBeast

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion