Conquer Club

Turn initiates without me knowing why

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Turn initiates without me knowing why

Postby detlef on Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:54 am

So, every now and then, I'll just notice my turn has started without me opening the action portal and clicking the button. There must be some keystroke that I'm doing that starts it because it always happens when I'm communicating with my teammates in chat. Then, all of a sudden, I realize I'm on the clock. Which is frustrating because I'm typically saying what I want to do and ultimately looking for feedback from them before I do so.

I have Parkinson's disease so my motor skills aren't as good as I'd like. So it is highly likely that I'm pressing some key that I shouldn't

What is happening and is there any way to disable this function?
Colonel detlef

Re: Turn initiates without me knowing why

Postby TeeGee on Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:15 am

Clickable Maps
Instead of using the Action panel, you can play by clicking on the map. Point your mouse over playable regions and follow instructions in the tooltip. Use these shortcuts as well...

N Key: Skip to next game, Jump to next game
B Key: Begin Turn
E Key: End Deployment, End Assaults, End Reinforcement
L Key: Later (decline to play spoils)
W,S Keys: Increase/decrease troop quantity (slow)
Q,A Keys: Increase/decrease troop quantity (fast)
Mouse Wheel: Change troop quantity by scrolling over the selected region.
CTRL Key + Click: You can always use CTRL-click instead of the right mouse button.
Middle Click: To advance to next stage (Begin Turn, End Assaults, etc.) click the middle mouse button anywhere on the map.

To be honest, I do not know if there is a way to turn the keyboard shortcuts off
Hopefully someone here can answer soon, if not I will see what I can find out for you.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby detlef on Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:30 am

TeeGee wrote:Clickable Maps
Instead of using the Action panel, you can play by clicking on the map. Point your mouse over playable regions and follow instructions in the tooltip. Use these shortcuts as well...

N Key: Skip to next game, Jump to next game
B Key: Begin Turn
E Key: End Deployment, End Assaults, End Reinforcement
L Key: Later (decline to play spoils)
W,S Keys: Increase/decrease troop quantity (slow)
Q,A Keys: Increase/decrease troop quantity (fast)
Mouse Wheel: Change troop quantity by scrolling over the selected region.
CTRL Key + Click: You can always use CTRL-click instead of the right mouse button.
Middle Click: To advance to next stage (Begin Turn, End Assaults, etc.) click the middle mouse button anywhere on the map.

To be honest, I do not know if there is a way to turn the keyboard shortcuts off
Hopefully someone here can answer soon, if not I will see what I can find out for you.

Thanks a bunch. I found out about the keyboard shortcuts since I posted this and am now curious if they can be turned off or if caps lock will disable them
Colonel detlef

Postby Donelladan on Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:07 am

Happened to me several times as well.
I rarely use game chat anymore nowadays ( do lot of communications outside of CC).
But when you do, just be sure the game chat window is, or type your message in a different windows and copy/paste in the chat afterwards.
I used to do that for a while after having the issue because it cost me some important game.
Beginning your turn isn't the worse that can happen, I also used to be typing message in the chat while playing my turn because my teammates were online at the same time, then accidentally clicking E outside game chat window could end your assault phase. Lost a couple of games that way, that's what trigger me to be super careful. I even stopped using the E letter in my message for a while.

Afaik there is no way to turn off shortcuts.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby detlef on Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:26 am

This brings up another question. Do enough people enjoy the keyboard shortcuts to make having them (and their consequences) around? I, for one, can't imagine using them on purpose. And, shouldn't you be prompted about being sure you want to take that action? I have that feature turned on for ending attack and fortification. Does this not pop up if you press E?

It seems like you should at least be able to turn on the "are you sure?" notification for keyboard initiated actions.
Colonel detlef

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:45 pm

i woulda quit CC years ago without clickable maps
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Conquer Club Discussion