Conquer Club

Locking thread for no reason

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Locking thread for no reason

Postby Donelladan on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:07 pm

So I open a C&A thread about josko.
After verdict is given, TeeGee lock the thread
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=238699&start=25

Until here nothing unusual. Common rule is that we've got to to GD to discuss stuff C&A thread when they're closed.

So I go to GD and discuss josko's tactic to become conqueror before december.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=238088

Now discussion is mainly polite, exchange of opinion, maybe a touch of sarcasm, but really nothing bad.
And now TeeGee doesn't find the thread interesting, therefore he locks the thread.

So, I'm calling you out, that was uncalled for, you're biased and shouldn't be calling shots on a thread about your clan leader apparently. I didn't believe you were biased before, but locking this thread for literally no reason ? Can't find another explanation.

I can't find a guidelines on locking topic, but locking topic because you don't like the subject or because it's going in circle is probably not in such guidelines,
If it is there are severa threads you can lock as well.

That we aren't allowed to discuss the conqueror, or the mean to become a conqueror ? It's just one of the fundamental of CC.
There are been several topics on naruto's already, to my knowledge none have been locked. So why lock it when we talk about how josko gets to it ?

Please come to your sense and open back the topic.
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: Locking thread for no reason

Postby xroads on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:15 pm

You mean one of the main mods protecting a clan mate?

I am sure they would NEVER do anything like that

Say it isn't so.
Major xroads

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:19 pm

time to lock "cc is declining".
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby MichelSableheart on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:23 pm

From what I've seen from Josko, he'll respond to everything when he's criticized, which means that any thread he's involved in ends up in a pointless, low quality back and forth. From that PoV, I can understand why the mods have to resort to locking threads to avoid things degenerating into pure spam.

I have the (perhaps naive) hope that, if the actions of a single poster are continuously forcing mods to lock threads, that eventually results into disciplinary action.
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:32 pm

Is TeeGee the worst mod on the Site?
Certainly works bias in a lot of his desitions.
Also no clue on the game. I recall a Bug thread about being forced to cash with 3 spoils. player was asking why he was being forced and could not play them later. TeeGee answered he should tick 3 boxes by the side of the spoils to cash it (unfortunatelly he deleted his comment). Like how can he offer support when he does not read or if he does he acts bias
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:37 pm

Just to point out since Don said it. Fishydance is our clan leader. Josko does MoW for clan events, but isn't our leader. TeeGee gave me a warning for something I said on the forum during the past couple of weeks and deleted my post. He's certainly not biased. He's the most unbiased asshole I know. Can't get away with anything with that fella around. :lol:

The thread was tiresome. Everyone in that thread, including Josko was being ridiculous.

I'm against farming and if Josko is/was truly doing that, he should be punished. But admin did not see it that way since he was playing people of all ranks. He's a tough opponent for ANYONE. Regardless of who he plays against. Unlike Naruto, if you ask Josko for some games, he'll set them up. I just feel like people are witch-hunting him. I know he has an ego, and many don't like that. But, traditionally, farmers only want to play people that they have 100% chance of beating. He isn't doing that as far as I'm aware.

I do agree with the sentiment that he should just create public games though. It would stop people complaining. Who cares if a noob joins naturally, if that's what he's afraid of. Maybe the noob will learn something, even if playing them is boring. Can just create another game and hope someone more challenging joins.
Last edited by Shannon Apple on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:52 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:Just to point out since Don said it. Fishydance is our clan leader. Josko does MoW for clan events, but isn't our leader. TeeGee gave me a warning for something I said on the forum during the past couple of weeks and deleted my post. He's certainly not biased. He's the most unbiased asshole I know. Can't get away with anything with that fella around. :lol:

I'm against farming and if Josko is/was truly doing that, he should be punished. But admin did not see it that way since he was playing people of all ranks. He's a tough opponent for ANYONE. Regardless of who he plays against.

I do agree with the sentiment that he should just create public games though. Who cares if a noob joins naturally, if that's what he's afraid of. Maybe the noob will learn something, even if playing them is boring. Can just create another game and hope someone more challenging joins.

2/3 of your post is about josko.
Just want to point out it's not the topic :) The topic is that previous topic had no reason to be locked.
Maybe TeeGee is unbiased. But I've rarely seen a topic being locked for so little than the previous one was.

But admin did not see it that way since he was playing people of all ranks.
that's definitely not a good reason. #PAP, but not the topic.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:56 pm

Look you were all tiresome, including Josko. All of you. Josko was probably one of the worst offenders in that thread. I believe if he shut up and stopped responding to it all, the whole argument would go away. But he's the one keeping it going. And it just goes on and on and on and on and...

aaaand on that note, I have better things to be doing than arguing silly nonsense on a forum. Toodles.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:58 pm

Yeah, well, my point, since when do we lock a topic because it's boring ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby TeeGee on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:03 pm

Donelladan wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:Just to point out since Don said it. Fishydance is our clan leader. Josko does MoW for clan events, but isn't our leader. TeeGee gave me a warning for something I said on the forum during the past couple of weeks and deleted my post. He's certainly not biased. He's the most unbiased asshole I know. Can't get away with anything with that fella around. :lol:

I'm against farming and if Josko is/was truly doing that, he should be punished. But admin did not see it that way since he was playing people of all ranks. He's a tough opponent for ANYONE. Regardless of who he plays against.

I do agree with the sentiment that he should just create public games though. Who cares if a noob joins naturally, if that's what he's afraid of. Maybe the noob will learn something, even if playing them is boring. Can just create another game and hope someone more challenging joins.

2/3 of your post is about josko.
Just want to point out it's not the topic :) The topic is that previous topic had no reason to be locked.
Maybe TeeGee is unbiased. But I've rarely seen a topic being locked for so little than the previous one was.

But admin did not see it that way since he was playing people of all ranks.
that's definitely not a good reason. #PAP, but not the topic.

Do you want me to unlock it, then ban you, xroads AND josko when it degenerates even further? It was locked to PREVENT me having to ban you all

Nobody else wants to read it. You all made your point, then continued like a bunch of schoolgirls.
There is no positive conclusion to that thread, you will never all agree.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby TeeGee on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:07 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Is TeeGee the worst mod on the Site?
Certainly works bias in a lot of his desitions.
Also no clue on the game. I recall a Bug thread about being forced to cash with 3 spoils. player was asking why he was being forced and could not play them later. TeeGee answered he should tick 3 boxes by the side of the spoils to cash it (unfortunatelly he deleted his comment). Like how can he offer support when he does not read or if he does he acts bias

Yes I did stuff up on the bug report, but in my defense I was less than 12 hours out of surgery and very heavily sedated.
As soon as I realised what I had done, I did delete my post. I am only human
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:16 pm

For the record I do enjoy reading the nonsense.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:25 pm

This is the one I really don't understand. Seemed like a harmless bump on a fun thread. And no explanation at all of why it was locked.

viewtopic.php?p=5260047#p5260047
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby xroads on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:08 pm

what exactly was I going to be banned for?

The fact that I called out Josko for inviting players to games, but then is too cowardly to accept other peoples invites?

OR

The fact that I noted the mods have once again gave their blessing for ranching and farming as long as you have a legitimate
excuse?

AND

Why am I one of 3 singled out when there are 20 other people posting the same stuff

AND

If I got banned, is it from forums, or from playing games. I have a feeling Josko is going to invite me to another hive game, and I would hate for him to miss out on 10 more points.
Major xroads

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 pm

People are trolling there for the sake of trolling.

I say to Trafalgar that listening to his suggestion (which is: making private games with password and then invite anyone who asks me what is the password) would be joined at 500% slower rate than making private games and sending invites.

Then Swimmerdude comes and say: "public games will not get joined slower than private games", such as if I had told or indicated so.

You are all trolling for no reason and twisting my words, as pointed above.

Nobody replied to my valid question how much is percentile of top CC players that I might be allowed to play without being farming (currently, threshold of my opponents is top 10% top ranked ones):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=238088&start=175#p5266734

All of you are calling me for farming but none answered this quite valid question and instead you continued the discussion in some other direction.
nobody replied to my comment that roughly 180 points were earned by me from hive-poly games in last two months, yet my score has increased for 680 points so points earned from these hive games are very minor compared to points earned from other games mostly team games.

Thus, the thread indeed is trolling when valid and critical questions are not answered but the discussion goes into another direction with (purposely?) twisting my words as I showed above and therefore I dont see locking it as bad idea. I reply to all your arguments, you ignore my arguments and valid questions. that is not a fair and constructive discussion and is trolling.
Major josko.ri

Postby xroads on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:36 pm

So

If you are up for a challenge and dont want easy wins, why wont you accept invites from any other players on their home maps?
Major xroads

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:43 pm

josko.ri wrote:Thus, the thread indeed is trolling when valid and critical questions are not answered but the discussion goes into another direction with (purposely?) twisting my words as I showed above and therefore I dont see locking it as bad idea. I reply to all your arguments, you ignore my arguments and valid questions. that is not a fair and constructive discussion and is trolling.

If you recognise that there is some trolling going on, then you have to have the common sense to stop responding to it. It really is that simple. Stop reading stuff that you know is designed to get a reaction from you. That's why people troll. You react, they find it funny, so they poke you into further responses.

So, the buck kinda stops with you.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:56 pm

Also, statistics...
My finished private hive games this year score: 33-5
Last 45 my finished public quads games score: 39-6

Therefore, my performance is not any better on these private hive games with invites to opponents than on public quads games that I mostly join as team 2 on map/settings chosen by opponents orjoin towhochever team has empty spot (in case of pantry games).

Pointwise, there is a bigger point loss and lower point gain for me by playing these hive games (playing colonel or below brings me 10 points but loss costs me 40 points) than by playing these quads games where total points per team gets more uniform.

So, what is my gain in playing hive games if my performance there is of similar range than playing quads games, where in quads I can mostly earn more points per game than in 1v1?

To xroads, why yes?
Last edited by josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:57 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:He's the most unbiased asshole I know.

how naĆÆve. or you know a lot of extremely biased people.

teegee gonna be teegee. nothing new here.

good luck Don.

btw, why are Shannon and josko making this thread about josko? it's about locking threads that should / shouldn't be locked.

Extreme Ways wrote:For the record I do enjoy reading the nonsense.

same. forums are dead these days and relevant discussions are getting locked down with "nobody wants to read that." except we do.

groovysmurf wrote:This is the one I really don't understand. Seemed like a harmless bump on a fun thread. And no explanation at all of why it was locked.

viewtopic.php?p=5260047#p5260047

yes, this was very weird too.

but again. teegee gonna be teegee.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:03 pm

So let's just clarify here...

People who are NOT TeeGee are engaged in a lively but mostly pointless discussion/argument/comical exchange on the forums. There is no discriminatory or otherwise offensive messaging happening that I can see.

TeeGee VOLUNTARILY reads said thread - again, not involved as far as I can tell - and decides what? That he thinks it's pointless and locks it? What kind of asinine nonsense is that? Who cares if you or Shannon or whoever doesn't like the thread? What does it have to do with you? Just don't participate in it, or read it. I don't care about that thread in particular but it is fckin absurd to go and shut down anything happening on this site that is generating interest as long as it isn't offensive or explicitly against site rules.

And how are you threatening to ban people just because they're going round and round on a subject? Again, WHY DO YOU CARE? What in the world would they be banned for? Being active on the site? Engaging each other? Don is absolutely right in his criticism of you.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:20 pm

Don is presenting false information in his accusations and should be responsible for that.

He points out my games vs adban and Larry telling I now invite low rankers to games but if he just checked the log he would have seen that adban had 2900+ points and Larry had 2400+ points when the game started.

So pointing fingers into someone for wrongdoings using false and untrue data is definitely something that deserves lock of the thread.
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 pm

it's a conversation. this is not C&A.

it makes sense the spotlight is on you. if you can't handle it, stop doing things to draw the attention.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:25 pm

josko.ri wrote:So pointing fingers into someone for wrongdoings using false and untrue data is definitely something that deserves lock of the thread.

What, like trying to get the entire community to believe myself, JPlo64 and Fyrdraca are bad sports/cheaters because we strategically made a decision that was NOT against the rules in order to win a game?
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:27 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:it's a conversation. this is not C&A.

it makes sense the spotlight is on you. if you can't handle it, stop doing things to draw the attention.

My last comment in any forum outside if tribe/clan competitions we play was on 9 november, i am not the one going around and stirring things up.

Then of course I come here now to defend myself when accused using false data.
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:35 pm

groovysmurf wrote:
josko.ri wrote:So pointing fingers into someone for wrongdoings using false and untrue data is definitely something that deserves lock of the thread.

What, like trying to get the entire community to believe myself, JPlo64 and Fyrdraca are bad sports/cheaters because we strategically made a decision that was NOT against the rules in order to win a game?

Title of that thread was "is this poor sportmanship" which means I ask community what they think.

Plus, i offer my opinion that it was poor sportmsnship.

In that thread I presented data true 100% who did what in that game. Don on the other hand presents false data, which is totally opposite.

Finally after the discussion in the thread I got convinced that my opinion was wrong and publicly apologized to three of you:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236294&start=200#p5216005
Major josko.ri

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion