Conquer Club

What is up with CC Score range???

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: What is up with CC Score range???

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:58 am

Shannon Apple wrote:The score range has been updating the entire time since it was implemented. I noticed because I took extended breaks from CC over the years and my range was pretty narrow when I returned most recently. It had 2700-2900 or something like that. I always thought that it's supposed to reflect the range of your scores now, rather than your highest and lowest ever scores?

Don't think this is correct and that it is "highest and lowest ever scores" (after it was implemented)

Because i joined may 2021 and my Range is still "907-2856"

After joining (with 1000 points) it dropped to 907 (lost my first games) but then got to 1500+ in 2 months and once i reached Captain a bit later i never dropped under that rank again. Been on Major rank most of the time ever since. So the only feature i like to watch is the high score (2856). So "range" is a bit of a stupid feature if you ask me because it will be 1000 minimum for everybody who joined after it was implemented (and it will stay 1000 forever unless you go under it). It does not reflect the "score range" as you would expect and described here above - its just highest and lowest ever

So a "score range" on a fixed period of time would be much better - like an update every year, or else just "highscore"

Because : look at Josko : Score:6293 (Range: 244-6293) he is 244 because he needed that for his medals but range "244" for Josko is hilarious
Major SoN!c

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:29 am

SoN!c wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:The score range has been updating the entire time since it was implemented. I noticed because I took extended breaks from CC over the years and my range was pretty narrow when I returned most recently. It had 2700-2900 or something like that. I always thought that it's supposed to reflect the range of your scores now, rather than your highest and lowest ever scores?

Don't think this is correct and that it is "highest and lowest ever scores" (after it was implemented)
[...]
it does not reflect the "score range" as you would expect and described here above - its just highest and lowest ever

So a "score range" on a fixed period of time would be much better - like an update every year, or else just "highscore"

I've been 4800 after the implementation once - it's not highest ever either.

I do agree that a yearly range or something makes a lot more sense than something vague.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:42 am

More correctly would be "its just highest and lowest ever after a certain date"
Major SoN!c

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:39 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:

Yes and no. I dont think it was announced as such, and nobody really knows what the date range is they take into account.

Oh, they never announced anything. It's totally vague.

I was definitely not a colonel yet when the feature was introduced many years ago. But my score range is now colonel to brigadier. So it's definitely updated a few times. Just don't know what the system is for that, or why it happens. :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:05 am

Shannon Apple wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

Yes and no. I dont think it was announced as such, and nobody really knows what the date range is they take into account.

Oh, they never announced anything. It's totally vague.

I was definitely not a colonel yet when the feature was introduced many years ago. But my score range is now colonel to brigadier. So it's definitely updated a few times. Just don't know what the system is for that, or why it happens. :lol:

So no one (who responded) knows any real details about the Score Range.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:47 am

viewtopic.php?f=472&t=235392&hilit=score+range

king-achilles replied in that thread above
The Score Range was never completely accurate, and was added as a nice to have. Basically it can be interpreted as a minimum range, but it is possible that the score have varied outside this range in the past. It's likely based on the running scoreboard and there was a recent archived made on it according to the webmaster and that may have affected the Score Range that you see now. Still, essentially the Score Range is not meant to be perfect, just to give an idea. The webmaster is already aware of this report.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:00 am

Donelladan wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=235392&hilit=score+range

king-achilles replied in that thread above
The Score Range was never completely accurate, and was added as a nice to have. Basically it can be interpreted as a minimum range, but it is possible that the score have varied outside this range in the past. It's likely based on the running scoreboard and there was a recent archived made on it according to the webmaster and that may have affected the Score Range that you see now. Still, essentially the Score Range is not meant to be perfect, just to give an idea. The webmaster is already aware of this report.

Thanks, Donelladan. I had not seen that other thread.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby maanja285 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:03 am

A credit score is basically how reliable you are. Let's say you borrow twenty dollars from me, but you pay it back in a reasonable time. My trust in you would go up. If you continued to borrow & repay at a responsible rate, I'd be more comfortable with lending you larger amounts of money. [url="https://routerlogin.ltd/"]router login[/url]

[url="https://pikashow.ltd/"]watch IPL[/url]
New Recruit maanja285

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion