Conquer Club

Free Nut Shot Scott!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Free Nut Shot Scott!

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri May 12, 2023 7:46 am

*Pixar* wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:
*Pixar* wrote:Game 21431035
Back when I reported him it was his 3rd offense. And clearly admits it in the game chat while he was a mod at the time. So please don’t even try to attempt to tell me he doesn’t do this on purpose lol.

Why did him deadbeating there bother you at all? This is exactly the kind of petty deadbeating complaints I referred to above. I would have thanked him for letting it wrap up in 3 turns rather than stretching it out over a much longer period. If I were in his shoes, after getting reported like that, I would make it a point the next I played you, and was clearly losing, to miss two turns, take the 3rd at >23 hours, and so on for as long as possible.

Oh trust me he did in that same game if you looked :| :roll: .

Interesting. That is correct. He did not actually violate any rules in that game. There have been other cases that were reported prior to someone missing 3 consecutive turns. The potential offender in those instances was reminded of the rules, and once he took his turn, the verdict was, "No deadbeating occurred. Case closed." So this was a potential offense, not an actual one.

That said, my central point remains: Who was benefited by NSS being forced to play for an additional 5 rounds in a game that was clearly over? It was surely frustrating for both of you, and it could have ended in round 2 with zero consequences and far more enjoyably. So Pixar, apart from having an opportunity to be petty and stick it to NSS, what was the benefit to you from forcing him not to deadbeat?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby *Pixar* on Fri May 12, 2023 8:08 am

Doc_Brown wrote:
*Pixar* wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:
*Pixar* wrote:Game 21431035
Back when I reported him it was his 3rd offense. And clearly admits it in the game chat while he was a mod at the time. So please don’t even try to attempt to tell me he doesn’t do this on purpose lol.

Why did him deadbeating there bother you at all? This is exactly the kind of petty deadbeating complaints I referred to above. I would have thanked him for letting it wrap up in 3 turns rather than stretching it out over a much longer period. If I were in his shoes, after getting reported like that, I would make it a point the next I played you, and was clearly losing, to miss two turns, take the 3rd at >23 hours, and so on for as long as possible.

Oh trust me he did in that same game if you looked :| :roll: .

Interesting. That is correct. He did not actually violate any rules in that game. There have been other cases that were reported prior to someone missing 3 consecutive turns. The potential offender in those instances was reminded of the rules, and once he took his turn, the verdict was, "No deadbeating occurred. Case closed." So this was a potential offense, not an actual one.

That said, my central point remains: Who was benefited by NSS being forced to play for an additional 5 rounds in a game that was clearly over? It was surely frustrating for both of you, and it could have ended in round 2 with zero consequences and far more enjoyably. So Pixar, apart from having an opportunity to be petty and stick it to NSS, what was the benefit to you from forcing him not to deadbeat?

He was clearly telling me he was going to miss the next 3 turns, KA reminded him not to do that and therefore he would wait until last minute to take to be petty as well, although it didn't bother me much lol :). No benefit for me other than the fact rules are rules, I could care less how long or short a game takes. And who was at the time on the CC team, if a mod gets away with it, then what kind of example does that set for the rest of the community?
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby 2dimes on Fri May 12, 2023 8:11 am

Fix the surrender option?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby xroads on Fri May 12, 2023 8:38 am

He is an abusive player who throws a fit every time he loses a game.

His 4.4 rating says everything.

Play by the rules no matter what they are and stop being a dick. End of story.
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Fri May 12, 2023 8:50 am

detlef wrote:
IcePack wrote:Greetings

This topic is always an acceptable one to bring up if you are concerned. There are methods for NSS to seek out information if he feels he is unaware of why he's received discipline.

However, spamming every forum area and thread is totally unacceptable and will result in forum vacation. Anyone else who wants to get cute and use up my time will see a similar forum break.

Discourse is accepted and even encouraged, but you can't be an ass about it.
Thanks
IP

This thread is, and should be, about Scott. But I also thought I’d explain myself. And since you made me wait longer than 24 hours, I’m gonna get my money’s worth…

My apologies for my actions the other night. I was rather certain as I was spamming the forums that I’d get what you call a vacation and really didn’t care. I thought what CC was doing was absurd, so I figured I’d be the same. And I’d been drinking. So, there’s that. Not my finest moment.

That being said, the forums are essentially dead, so I don’t think it really mattered much. It’s basically a circle jerk of the same 25 people (and one of them is Pixar, so…) It seems most topics go days without a new post, so I figured I’d give them all a little bump. When’s the last time the International forum got some love?

So, sure, what I did was silly and annoying. It should be noted, however, that when I’ve used appropriate channels like the suggestion forum, I’ve been ignored by whomever can actually fix things (thanks, btw, to those who HAVE chimed in on them but your thoughts, like mine, seem destined to be ignored). One of my suggestions literally has two people with color coded names saying “Let’s do this!” Yet the last comment is from me asking, “what’s the next step?” Posted two months ago and seemingly ignored. So, you have a simple idea, endorsed by two Mods, about accessibility for those with a medical condition, and CC is saying “nah”. Actually, they’re not even saying that. They’re not saying ANYTHING.

However, just after I resorted to “being an ass”, Scott miraculously heard back from CC regarding his banishment. May be a coincidence, but the optics are not good.

So, if you don’t want us “acting like an ass”, don’t make it seem like that’s the best way to get action. That’s what you’re doing; rewarding bad behavior and abusing patience.

Regardless, I will, going forward, play nice when it comes to the forums. Which, more likely than not, will basically involve joining the vast majority of users who largely ignore them. Because, again, they’re essentially dead.

That, mind you, is assuming I actually stick around at all. Which, for reasons both related and unrelated to the other night’s events, I’m seriously questioning. I’ve already deactivated my autopay.

But CC really did Scott dirty. That much is crystal clear. Others have already said it, but I’ll just add this: For a site whose most popular thread seems to be “CC is declining again!”, I do question the wisdom of actions that will chase him off and seemingly several others as well. That is not helping.

It was not intentional to make you wait longer than 24 hrs, that was a mistake that I own. I was in a rush when dealing w the spam stuff and clicked 72 hr instead of 24. When I realized it I contacted admin to shorten as I wasn’t sure if I had the ability to change it. They reverted to 24, but the system might have started the 24 over. Again, unintentional but that’s on me. My apologies for mishandling that

As far as the optics go or anything like that I can’t really speak to it. They were aware of it because they had to change your 72 to 24 hour and the system theoretically should be sending out the warnings and punishments via the email on file.

I’m not around as much as I used to be but I try to ensure people know I can be approached and try to assist as things come up. I most likely would have answered a GD thread once I saw it. Just might take a little extra time vs the spam method (but the extra time doesn’t result in forum bans so that’s for you to weigh in) as it was I only knew about it cuz someone reached out saying a global mod was needed.

I totally agree on the suggestions, I have my own suggestion with like 100 supporters and it’s gone nowhere. There isn’t much point to it without any updates. So suggestions is widely considered a dead zone. That’s why people don’t really make an effort there, because why should they? Only one person can make the updates.

Stuff like this you can make your GD area post and wall a mod accordingly to get the attention if needed or send a PM.

Hope that helps brings some clarity. As far as the NSS situation goes or the games etc I don’t know to much atm nor do I have the time to dig into the details right now. IRL is a bit overwhelmed so I step in only as I’m able / needed.

Cheers
IP

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 12, 2023 8:56 am

xroads wrote:He is an abusive player who throws a fit every time he loses a game.

His 4.4 rating says everything.

Play by the rules no matter what they are and stop being a dick. End of story.

cant wait for your next post bashing people with mental issues
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby detlef on Fri May 12, 2023 9:05 am

IcePack wrote:
detlef wrote:
IcePack wrote:Greetings

This topic is always an acceptable one to bring up if you are concerned. There are methods for NSS to seek out information if he feels he is unaware of why he's received discipline.

However, spamming every forum area and thread is totally unacceptable and will result in forum vacation. Anyone else who wants to get cute and use up my time will see a similar forum break.

Discourse is accepted and even encouraged, but you can't be an ass about it.
Thanks
IP

This thread is, and should be, about Scott. But I also thought I’d explain myself. And since you made me wait longer than 24 hours, I’m gonna get my money’s worth…

My apologies for my actions the other night. I was rather certain as I was spamming the forums that I’d get what you call a vacation and really didn’t care. I thought what CC was doing was absurd, so I figured I’d be the same. And I’d been drinking. So, there’s that. Not my finest moment.

That being said, the forums are essentially dead, so I don’t think it really mattered much. It’s basically a circle jerk of the same 25 people (and one of them is Pixar, so…) It seems most topics go days without a new post, so I figured I’d give them all a little bump. When’s the last time the International forum got some love?

So, sure, what I did was silly and annoying. It should be noted, however, that when I’ve used appropriate channels like the suggestion forum, I’ve been ignored by whomever can actually fix things (thanks, btw, to those who HAVE chimed in on them but your thoughts, like mine, seem destined to be ignored). One of my suggestions literally has two people with color coded names saying “Let’s do this!” Yet the last comment is from me asking, “what’s the next step?” Posted two months ago and seemingly ignored. So, you have a simple idea, endorsed by two Mods, about accessibility for those with a medical condition, and CC is saying “nah”. Actually, they’re not even saying that. They’re not saying ANYTHING.

However, just after I resorted to “being an ass”, Scott miraculously heard back from CC regarding his banishment. May be a coincidence, but the optics are not good.

So, if you don’t want us “acting like an ass”, don’t make it seem like that’s the best way to get action. That’s what you’re doing; rewarding bad behavior and abusing patience.

Regardless, I will, going forward, play nice when it comes to the forums. Which, more likely than not, will basically involve joining the vast majority of users who largely ignore them. Because, again, they’re essentially dead.

That, mind you, is assuming I actually stick around at all. Which, for reasons both related and unrelated to the other night’s events, I’m seriously questioning. I’ve already deactivated my autopay.

But CC really did Scott dirty. That much is crystal clear. Others have already said it, but I’ll just add this: For a site whose most popular thread seems to be “CC is declining again!”, I do question the wisdom of actions that will chase him off and seemingly several others as well. That is not helping.

It was not intentional to make you wait longer than 24 hrs, that was a mistake that I own. I was in a rush when dealing w the spam stuff and clicked 72 hr instead of 24. When I realized it I contacted admin to shorten as I wasn’t sure if I had the ability to change it. They reverted to 24, but the system might have started the 24 over. Again, unintentional but that’s on me. My apologies for mishandling that

As far as the optics go or anything like that I can’t really speak to it. They were aware of it because they had to change your 72 to 24 hour and the system theoretically should be sending out the warnings and punishments via the email on file.

I’m not around as much as I used to be but I try to ensure people know I can be approached and try to assist as things come up. I most likely would have answered a GD thread once I saw it. Just might take a little extra time vs the spam method (but the extra time doesn’t result in forum bans so that’s for you to weigh in) as it was I only knew about it cuz someone reached out saying a global mod was needed.

I totally agree on the suggestions, I have my own suggestion with like 100 supporters and it’s gone nowhere. There isn’t much point to it without any updates. So suggestions is widely considered a dead zone. That’s why people don’t really make an effort there, because why should they? Only one person can make the updates.

Stuff like this you can make your GD area post and wall a mod accordingly to get the attention if needed or send a PM.

Hope that helps brings some clarity. As far as the NSS situation goes or the games etc I don’t know to much atm nor do I have the time to dig into the details right now. IRL is a bit overwhelmed so I step in only as I’m able / needed.

Cheers
IP

Thank you. And as I later posted, I regret that you're out here taking bullets for something someone else did.
Colonel detlef

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri May 12, 2023 9:22 am

You know what the Germans said... rules are rules, and befehl ist befehl.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby josko.ri on Fri May 12, 2023 1:51 pm

If NSS is intentionally deadbeating games that he lost, then esentially he is doing nothing different than what I was doing here:
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=237406

At that time, I got more than one week ban so this ruling is not without a precedent.

If I remember correctly, in that report against me someone had mentioned that NSS had already did it and got temporary ban, as a reference on which basis I should be punished as well.

If this my memory is true then again doing the same by NSS is a second (or third) infraction against the same rule (in my case it was my first infraction against that rule), so he did not learn from previous infractions.

It is really not fun to have db in 24 hour team games. If someone db hive quads, it would take at least 12 days just to db. Much faster way is just deploy to the same region as soon as players from losing team concede the game.
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 12, 2023 2:02 pm

josko.ri wrote:It is really not fun to have db in 24 hour team games. If someone db hive quads, it would take at least 12 days just to db. Much faster way is just deploy to the same region as soon as players from losing team concede the game.

havent done the research but as far as im aware he's only deadbeated 2 player games. did he miss turns in team games? yes but not intentionally. he hasn't deadbeated them.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Donelladan on Fri May 12, 2023 2:27 pm

josko.ri wrote:If NSS is intentionally deadbeating games that he lost, then esentially he is doing nothing different than what I was doing here:
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=237406

xroads wrote:Play by the rules no matter what they are and stop being a dick. End of story.

The rule state intentionally, that what matters.
If he didn't deadbeat those 24h games intentionally, then he shouldn't get banned.
From what was said here, he was traveling/away, so it's a legitimate reason to not be able to play.
And @Pixar, maybe he played some other games, but that it's still very possible while being away to have limited time to play few games and not all of them, the argument that a couple of other games was played in the same timeframe shouldn't be enough to conclude it was definitely intentional. Especially if he was relying on sitter who, as they themselves said here, made a poor job of sitting him.

Maybe KA was presented with incomplete facts, and due to NSS history concluded it was intentional.
An appeal with explanation of what really happened could clear things up.
Afaik, KA is listening to people when you explain politely & calmly what happened ( I mean like not how usually AWOL people post ).
Try it out.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 12, 2023 2:56 pm

KA's decisions depend on whether or not he likes you lol
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri May 12, 2023 3:13 pm

Maybe KA was presented with incomplete facts, and due to NSS history concluded it was intentional.
An appeal with explanation of what really happened could clear things up.
Afaik, KA is listening to people when you explain politely & calmly what happened

^ this, idk the details but I do think KA is pretty patient and at least within the scope of direction he’s been provided, attempts to be fair. Idk if it’s incomplete or not or specifics but anyone feeling otherwise I’d encourage as above

iAmCaffeine wrote:KA's decisions depend on whether or not he likes you lol

I don’t necessarily agree here. I’ve been both on the good side and CC’s shit list. Specifically KA’s. I can’t say he was ever really unreasonable even if I disagreed. And I’ve been on the shit list of the mods numerous times over the years. Out of everyone I’ve dealt with he’s been one of the most patient and level headed people I’ve known (on both sides of the coin)

He might not always get things right, but he’s always been approachable and reasonable.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri May 12, 2023 3:17 pm

2dimes wrote:Fix the surrender option?

Since we know that no real changes are going to be made to the site, the only thing that can meaningfully change is the rules as enforced by the moderators.

I suggest that except for point dumping, deadbeating should not be penalized in speed games and in casual 1v1 (including polymorphic) games.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 12, 2023 3:28 pm

IcePack wrote:And I’ve been on the shit list of the mods numerous times over the years.

i imagine you and i have a very different definition of what "shit list" means in that case lol

IcePack wrote:Out of everyone I’ve dealt with he’s been one of the most patient and level headed people I’ve known (on both sides of the coin)

been here longer & seen more than you. strongly disagree.

IcePack wrote:he’s always been approachable and reasonable.

:lol:

and yes sure maybe i'm usually on the "shit list" but i've tried the reasonable and open approach many times. doesn't work. if he don't like ya, he don't like ya.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri May 12, 2023 3:33 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:And I’ve been on the shit list of the mods numerous times over the years.

i imagine you and i have a very different definition of what "shit list" means in that case lol

IcePack wrote:Out of everyone I’ve dealt with he’s been one of the most patient and level headed people I’ve known (on both sides of the coin)

been here longer & seen more than you. strongly disagree.

IcePack wrote:he’s always been approachable and reasonable.

and yes sure maybe i'm usually on the "shit list" but i've tried the reasonable and open approach many times. doesn't work. if he don't like ya, he don't like ya.

I suppose if comparing your history and my history there might be some discrepancy. Sure. But we’re comparing to NSS, to which I’d say he and I would be fairly comparable shit list wise.

Either way, I stand by what I said about KA. You might be here longer and have a bigger shit list or whatever, but I deal with him more regularly interact with people on and off his shit list fairly regularly. I’d say i have a better understanding of his interactions with people and how things are handled.

More time doesn’t always equal more knowledge or experience.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Fri May 12, 2023 3:43 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
2dimes wrote:Fix the surrender option?

Since we know that no real changes are going to be made to the site, the only thing that can meaningfully change is the rules as enforced by the moderators.

I suggest that except for point dumping, deadbeating should not be penalized in speed games and in casual 1v1 (including polymorphic) games.

It's a bit off topic, but maybe you're not aware :
Surrendering is possible in speed games, almost always. I don't recall the exact new condition, but when you're losing it's very likely you'll get the option.
There is a round limit minimum but it's fairly low.
Same goes for 24h games.
Only multiplayer games ( team games included) and tournament game ( unfortunately ) are impossible to resign.

I'm playing less speeds game than I used to, but from what I've noticed the amount of deabeat in speed game has been fairly reduce since resigning is possible with less restrictions.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 12, 2023 3:46 pm

IcePack wrote:But we’re comparing to NSS, to which I’d say he and I would be fairly comparable shit list wise

seriously doubt it. scott was removed from the CD team and even when people wanted him back, KA blocked that from happening.

that hasn't happened to you, at least so it seems.

other points you raised i don't agree with, but not much point debating them. different experiences etc.

i've had people send me death threats. KA didnt care.

reported racism (hard n). KA didnt care.

i believe if someone like Pixar went crying about receiving death threats, people would be getting banned. benefits of brown nosing i guess.

all good really, i'm used to it. just don't try and tell me things i know aint true.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri May 12, 2023 5:01 pm

I agree with Doc. I've never bothered to report anyone for this kind of thing. I don't actually care. I might be irked if it's dragging things out though.

There is a surrender option in polymorphic as far as I know, I play Hive and people have surrendered there. But not in tournament games (which is a bit meh). If someone wanted to deadbeat a poly game against me, especially on a big map, I'd not report them for that. It's ridiculous.

But, they shouldn't deadbeat games with multiple players, including team games. This is just bad manners and prolongs the game for everyone else. If you are taking your other turns, it takes two seconds to open the game and drop/end. It's not that hard.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri May 12, 2023 6:04 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:reported racism (hard n). KA didnt care.

I heard KA does NWA tracks at karaoke and raps that particular word a little too enthusiastically for some listeners' liking.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 12, 2023 6:44 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:reported racism (hard n). KA didnt care.

I heard KA does NWA tracks at karaoke and raps that particular word a little too enthusiastically for some listeners' liking.

Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby king achilles on Fri May 12, 2023 7:35 pm

Locking this down as the Flame Forum has been shut down long ago. Some of you need to take your meds or a chill pill now. ;)
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion