Conquer Club

Why?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Why?

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 am

Can any serious discussion actually happen in the site?

Why is the site administrated by someone who barely knows the game? Why if one of the most obvious issues of the site is players retention and has been for years there is absolutelly no will to make any change? Why there is no an open disscussion about why the suggestions forum its a dead end? Why one of the most common practice in the site is punished, even tho the people are ok with it? Why it take so much to make any worthy change to make the site better and sometimes it just gets worse?
General TrafalgarLaw01

Re: Why?

Postby detlef on Thu May 25, 2023 4:12 am

all good questions
Colonel detlef

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 25, 2023 4:56 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Can any serious discussion actually happen in the site?

Why is the site administrated by someone who barely knows the game?

Why if one of the most obvious issues of the site is players retention and has been for years there is absolutelly no will to make any change?

Why is there not an open disscussion about why the suggestions forum its a dead end?

Why is one of the most common practices on the site punished, even tho the people are ok with it?

Why it take so much to make any worthy change to make the site better and sometimes it just gets worse?

• Maybe.
  • Nepotism.
  • I don't know.
  • I am starting to think they are banned from that forum.
  • It's probably fun to punish select members you have a disagreement with.
  • Complex software.

When the current owner took over there were plenty of things improved, it still happens, they have just slowed down.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Nucker on Thu May 25, 2023 6:23 am

I agree Law, it is time for a player revolt. We need a champion to lead it.....

We are paying customers after all.
Besides the issues are serious really. If we were not such a forgiving bunch on some outback yesteryear site the lawyers would have been all over it if it was a regular site that delivered such poor performance and service.
Major Nucker

Postby IcePack on Thu May 25, 2023 7:51 am

I heard if you have a HUGE tournament first it might improve things

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby detlef on Thu May 25, 2023 8:10 am

IcePack wrote:I heard if you have a HUGE tournament first it might improve things
FINALLY the voice of reason!
Colonel detlef

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu May 25, 2023 1:03 pm

IcePack wrote:I heard if you have a HUGE tournament first it might improve things

Forgot about that very important point :lol:
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby detlef on Thu May 25, 2023 1:16 pm

Maybe if, once a year, they go to each clan and randomly select two players. Let's call them tributes. And we have a tournament where they play until one person remains. "To the death" if you will, because the losers will be banished from the site and the winner will get premium for life. We can say it's to remind us of and not repeat the sins of people like NSS and Caff, but really, it's just bloodsport to take our minds off the fact that the owners are completely dropping the ball.

Oh wait...
Colonel detlef

Postby josko.ri on Sat May 27, 2023 9:32 am

No human knows answer to any "why" question. Only God knows how to answer "why" questions. The maximum question limit that a human can reach is to answer "how".

P.S. if you really insist on an explicit answer by a human then answer is "why not?" ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby 2dimes on Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am

josko.ri wrote:No human knows answer to any "why" question. Only God knows how to answer "why" questions. The maximum question limit that a human can reach is to answer "how".

P.S. if you really insist on an explicit answer by a human then answer is "why not?" ;)

Why do you think that?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat May 27, 2023 11:07 am

josko.ri wrote:No human knows answer to any "why" question. Only God knows how to answer "why" questions. The maximum question limit that a human can reach is to answer "how".

I don't believe in God, Thank you.
Humans run this site, humans can make it better or worse
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby xroads on Sat May 27, 2023 11:23 am

Why is the site administrated by someone who barely knows the game? Why if one of the most obvious issues of the site is players retention and has been for years there is absolutelly no will to make any change? Why there is no an open disscussion about why the suggestions forum its a dead end? Why one of the most common practice in the site is punished, even tho the people are ok with it? Why it take so much to make any worthy change to make the site better and sometimes it just gets worse?

Because there is still at least 4,000 Monthly users, and enough paying members to pay the bills and make a nice little profit. It's making money as is and improvement would take time and money they dont want to part with.
Major xroads

Postby 2dimes on Sat May 27, 2023 10:25 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:

I don't believe in God, Thank you.
Humans run this site, humans can make it better or worse

Corporal 2dimes

Postby josko.ri on Sun May 28, 2023 12:54 am

2dimes wrote:

Why do you think that?

I don't know, because I am not God.
Major josko.ri

Postby Evil Semp on Sun May 28, 2023 11:27 am

Yes it can. To many times a discussion turns into name calling.

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why is the site administrated by someone who barely knows the game?

Just because someone doesn't have a high score doesn't mean the barely know the game. Maybe points and rank don't mean as much to them as they do to others.

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why if one of the most obvious issues of the site is players retention and has been for years there is absolutelly no will to make any change?

I think part of the problem is the tournament and players are the ones who stay around for a long time. Others just lose interest.

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why is there not an open disscussion about why the suggestions forum its a dead end?

You can change that by starting one. Part of the reason can be that people stopped posting in the suggestions forum because it seemed that hardly anything was done from those discussions. Also some people who made suggestions would tell others to quit posting in that thread if they disagreed.

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why is one of the most common practices on the site punished, even tho the people are ok with it?

Again. Suggestions forum is dead so discussion about changes dies. What is needed is a big increase of people contributing in the suggestion forum when someone makes a suggestion.

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why it take so much to make any worthy change to make the site better and sometimes it just gets worse?

I don't have the slightest idea.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sun May 28, 2023 8:22 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

True

Evil Semp wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why is the site administrated by someone who barely knows the game?

Just because someone doesn't have a high score doesn't mean the barely know the game. Maybe points and rank don't mean as much to them as they do to others.

I don't mean rank. But how many Tournament games, Clan games, Tribe games, speed games (No guide ones) has someone played so may be into what it's the life of CC. I don't see it actually.

Evil Semp wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why if one of the most obvious issues of the site is players retention and has been for years there is absolutelly no will to make any change?

I think part of the problem is the tournament and players are the ones who stay around for a long time. Others just lose interest.

Obviously I don't expect everyone who gets into cc to stay around, some people will make an account play a game and forget about, it, some may last a week, some may stay a month, and very few will stick around. But I feel there is little effort to make the alter case increase in numbers. Like why there is a super newbie tournament that can only sign up with less than 5 games complete but no one tells new recruit about it.

Evil Semp wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why is there not an open disscussion about why the suggestions forum its a dead end?

You can change that by starting one. Part of the reason can be that people stopped posting in the suggestions forum because it seemed that hardly anything was done from those discussions. Also some people who made suggestions would tell others to quit posting in that thread if they disagreed.

There are some suggestion that recived support but there was no an answer like even, we gonna think about it, just plain silence. Also What number of people are u expecting to support a thread in the suggestions forums where barely when only few people actually check them.

Evil Semp wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why is one of the most common practices on the site punished, even tho the people are ok with it?

Again. Suggestions forum is dead so discussion about changes dies. What is needed is a big increase of people contributing in the suggestion forum when someone makes a suggestion.

Same as above

Evil Semp wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why it take so much to make any worthy change to make the site better and sometimes it just gets worse?

Yeah
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby detlef on Sun May 28, 2023 10:05 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

sorry, but the suggestion forum doesn't need more people making suggestions or supporting them and everyone who is paying any attention at all knows that's a crock.

People make them, people support them, and then they die. Rinse repeat. It's painfully obvious and, frankly it's absurd to imply otherwise.
Colonel detlef

Postby TeeGee on Sun May 28, 2023 10:47 pm

detlef wrote:sorry, but the suggestion forum doesn't need more people making suggestions or supporting them and everyone who is paying any attention at all knows that's a crock.

People make them, people support them, and then they die. Rinse repeat. It's painfully obvious and, frankly it's absurd to imply otherwise.

So what is needed?

We used to have a team of moderators called suggestions Mods, they ran the suggestions forums and things got done.
Then it was decided to merge with community mods, because they were working for the CC Community.. they became community mods, but still had a hand in suggestions, things still got done
Over time, the suggestions mods, burn out, retire, step away, they are not replaced.. Now we have no moderators overseeing suggestions and reporting/pressuring admin.
It's all good whinging and whining, but who will put there hand up and do something about it? or are you happy being whingey whiney lazy little sooks?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby IcePack on Sun May 28, 2023 11:23 pm

TeeGee wrote:
detlef wrote:sorry, but the suggestion forum doesn't need more people making suggestions or supporting them and everyone who is paying any attention at all knows that's a crock.

So what is needed?

We used to have a team of moderators called suggestions Mods, they ran the suggestions forums and things got done.
Then it was decided to merge with community mods, because they were working for the CC Community.. they became community mods, but still had a hand in suggestions, things still got done
Over time, the suggestions mods, burn out, retire, step away, they are not replaced.. Now we have no moderators overseeing suggestions and reporting/pressuring admin.
It's all good whinging and whining, but who will put there hand up and do something about it? or are you happy being whingey whiney lazy little sooks?

Granted Iā€™m not part of the community group but idk thatā€™s really all it would take either. Mad had an ongoing thing where he tracked and pursued and followed up w a bunch of suggestions and prioritized them and coordinated w mad and a lot of those still went nowhere.

Idk the full extent of it vs the old mod suggest group but not sure thatā€™s the key to everything either there.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Mon May 29, 2023 6:21 am

Yep, IP is correct, I started monthly PM then quarterly, then every 6 months, because the efforts to get simple things done were dramatically slow is ever happening. This was not only covering the gaming but the Forum, the auto-tournaments structure, the map section, and other stuff I felt was needed to be revise/upgrade.

With one man in charge who has his own priority list, and his own ideas, some of things were completed but not all I wanted, then things faded and I stopped. The main response was about the complexity required to implement some of the suggested changes/upgrade.

Maybe one day?

Cheers folks

Mad777 ā€œthe free Modsā€ :D
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby detlef on Mon May 29, 2023 6:39 am

TeeGee wrote:

So what is needed?

Who will put their hand up and do something about it rather than just whine?" Seriously?

So, the guys who take our money ignore the suggestions given and now WE'RE supposed to find a solution? OK, I'll bite. The solution is that someone, either Big Wham himself, or someone he has designated to report to him on these matters, actually goes to the suggestion forum, look at the suggestions, see which ones have unanimous or overwhelmingly positive support, and then respond in the thread, and ideally make the change if it's possible.

Either that or do away with the charade entirely and get rid of the forum. Because, as it is, it's just a parody of itself.

Baby S recently bumped a suggestion he made from 3 years ago. I noticed it, and specifically a post from a jaded person saying how, given the overwhelming support, this topic was destined to stay up at the top of the forum longer than most before drifting, uncared about, to the bottom. That post was also 3 years old. I quoted it to bring it up to the top. So this has been going on for a while it seems. Suggestion just get ignored. Period.

And, in the face of this, it's downright insulting to be told "be part of the solution not the problem" because I'm not part of the problem. And I'm merely pointing out that there is a problem. It's even more insulting what Simp said, "go make a suggestion or support the ones there" because ANYONE paying attention knows NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO THAT.

We're not expecting every suggestion to be adopted. Some are likely no realistic. But if there is going to be an actual forum dedicated to this, I think it's a reasonable expectation of SOME of the suggestions to actually get addressed. And by "some" I mean a reasonable amount
Colonel detlef

Postby josko.ri on Mon May 29, 2023 6:43 am

Guys, dont judge bigWham.

He is silent because he iz developing an AI background algorithm to drastically increase speed of the CC server.

I guess he will complete it soon.

It is not easy to transfer CC from the classical IT into the innovative AI.
Major josko.ri

Postby TeeGee on Mon May 29, 2023 6:47 am

detlef wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

So what is needed?

Who will put their hand up and do something about it rather than just whine?" Seriously?

So, the guys who take our money ignore the suggestions given and now WE'RE supposed to find a solution? OK, I'll bite. The solution is that someone, either Big Wham himself, or someone he has designated to report to him on these matters, actually goes to the suggestion forum, look at the suggestions, see which ones have unanimous or overwhelmingly positive support, and then respond in the thread, and ideally make the change if it's possible.

Either that or do away with the charade entirely and get rid of the forum. Because, as it is, it's just a parody of itself.

Baby S recently bumped a suggestion he made from 3 years ago. I noticed it, and specifically a post from a jaded person saying how, given the overwhelming support, this topic was destined to stay up at the top of the forum longer than most before drifting, uncared about, to the bottom. That post was also 3 years old. I quoted it to bring it up to the top. So this has been going on for a while it seems. Suggestion just get ignored. Period.

And, in the face of this, it's downright insulting to be told "be part of the solution not the problem" because I'm not part of the problem. And I'm merely pointing out that there is a problem. It's even more insulting what Simp said, "go make a suggestion or support the ones there" because ANYONE paying attention knows NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO THAT.

We're not expecting every suggestion to be adopted. Some are likely no realistic. But if there is going to be an actual forum dedicated to this, I think it's a reasonable expectation of SOME of the suggestions to actually get addressed. And by "some" I mean a reasonable amount

There is NO suggestions moderator, NOBODY is monitoring that section of the forum. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!
The next problem after getting a moderator for that forum, would be to get bigWham to listen and act.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Mon May 29, 2023 7:02 am

TeeGee wrote:There is NO suggestions moderator, NOBODY is monitoring that section of the forum. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!
The next problem after getting a moderator for that forum, would be to get bigWham to listen and act.

Well, it's not smthg well-known. You can't expect detlef, or any user to be aware of that.
It's not like there is an announcement in the suggestion forum saying " mod needed for that section".
I've been here forever and I didn't know no one moderate that forum anymore. Just thought the mods didn't care because bW didn't care.

But, I don't think it's the first problem even. Let's say someone agree to moderate that section, this cannot be done without communication with bW. If bW is interested in listening to some suggestions, then it makes sense to have a mod read and sort them for him. If he has no interest in our suggestion, let's close that section indeed.
It is quite frustrating to spend time posting an idea without getting any kind of feedback. => won't happen / maybe / yes great idea ! from someone that actually can make the stuff happen.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby TeeGee on Mon May 29, 2023 7:08 am

Donelladan wrote:
TeeGee wrote:There is NO suggestions moderator, NOBODY is monitoring that section of the forum. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!

Well, it's not smthg well-known. You can't expect detlef, or any user to be aware of that.
It's not like there is an announcement in the suggestion forum saying " mod needed for that section".
I've been here forever and I didn't know no one moderate that forum anymore. Just thought the mods didn't care because bW didn't care.

But, I don't think it's the first problem even. Let's say someone agree to moderate that section, this cannot be done without communication with bW. If bW is interested in listening to some suggestions, then it makes sense to have a mod read and sort them for him. If he has no interest in our suggestion, let's close that section indeed.
It is quite frustrating to spend time posting an idea without getting any kind of feedback. => won't happen / maybe / yes great idea ! from someone that actually can make the stuff happen.

You're on the money here.. Things aren't communicated anymore.
We don't have a community admin like the lackattack days, just volunteers. Not sure the site is big enough to have a community admin, but it can't fall on the current site volunteers, most of us are already stretched way too far.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion