Conquer Club

Let's please use the ratings system as intended.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Let's please use the ratings system as intended.

Postby Hatchman on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Damn Frop not you too... ;)

More doubles soon hey?
Major Hatchman

Postby Frop on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:36 pm

hatchman wrote:Damn Frop not you too... ;)

More doubles soon hey?

I'm still waiting for that invitation!
Captain Frop

Postby HardAttack on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:09 pm

There is nothing to talk about when ppl misses turns, 2 times maybe 3 times just in a game !!! It is too much, they are ruining my game.. Everyone i am in equal distance, what kind of emotion there can be i set against anyone other ?
If you want a detailed info what i am talking about, i may PM you about a game in which i m playing right now then you will see what i am working on, what kinda challenges i m fighting against... Damn :)
Ty for your honest and sincere ideas anyway friend.

hatchman wrote:Well hell maybe it should just be points Friends and Foes since ratings are largely overlooked and can be used as a tool for revenge.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I just think it's cowardly and a bit unethical to use ratings to get back at someone or settle a personal score. I mean I may get really mad at a player, but he's probably brilliant at what he does, and there is no way I'd rate him poorly based on emotion alone.

What a frikkin joke.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 pm

i do care, please keep on giving ratings on ppl cos it is usefull to me and i think to those a lot of in number ppl.. From now on i m picking my games based on which player with what ratings in the game... Ratings below 4.6 will drop suspicious in me then i will avoid in joining in.. So keep on going it please..

premio53 wrote:I quit giving ratings. I simply foe those whom I no longer wish to play against. Who cares about what rating someone gives?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:28 pm

ı KNOW i m posting a lot, i appologize all you ppl because of this mess. But i think i am talking about a problem to be fixed for convenience.. Anyway, may ppl writes many things including me.. A lot of solution formula can exist and some of them are already spelled.. Here i have one another, why dont we attach an foe counter,... A player may be represented with player name + rating + foe count...

what foe count is : It is a player who is put in foe list by how many ppl..simple it is. Then we may avoid playing to those ppl. And those ppl wud play more fairly and carefully because this foe count will be something very important. One can say what the difference is from rating system. Answer is simple, we do not put a player in our foe list so eassily.. But giving 5 stars so easily in rating field after games finish. Together with rating, foe count will work quite well i think. I may avoid playing to those who have 10 or more foe count...
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:48 pm

First, Lack ran a sticky for a LONG time on this issue. A LOT was discussed and, though I admit to being somewhat unhappy myself, we ALL need to admit that CC is trying to find a decent system. BUT, read through the threads and you find how difficult that is.

There are some givens.

1. Moderators just do not have time to keep moderating written feedback.

2. Some people plain are jerks, will be jerks and NO feedback system will make them do other than give whomever they please the poorest rating for their own personal reasons.

3. For the most part, those few, while frustrating, are NOT going to affect anyone who plays for any length of time reasonably. If only 10 people rated you, then 3 1's or 2's will definitely bring your score down, BUT play a few more games and your score will even out. That was true before under the old feedback, it is even MORE true now, because most people end up rating you better when they play more than once (I generally don't give 5's in attitude until I see how someone reacts to losing ... though there are exceptions).

4. The goal should not be to find a perfect system ... that is impossible primarily because not everyone agrees on what they WANT out of the ratings.

5. We COULD use some improvement. BUT, specific, clear and workable.

Personally, I just want to know if someone is a jerk -- be it the "competetive type jerk" who thinks anyone of lower rank is scum of the earth, who gets angry when they lose and thinks it just fine to rate other people poorly because they don't happen to like the strategy used or don't take turns fast enough, etc.;, the just plain jerk who thinks cursing is the way to greet perfect strangers, who will reveal positions to opponents in fog and just otherwise be unpleasant in a game; OR any other variety of jerks (telling someone you "wish they were dead" or threatening to post them as a cheater ... in a 2 player game are both examples of folks I think most would prefer to avoid).

In addition, there are a few issues specific to teams. I am happy to play someone who cannot speak English well ... love the chance to learn, in fact. But I don't want to team with someone who cannot communicate. Similarly, I don't mind playing a truly BAD player, especially if its not all the time, but I don't really want those folks on my team, either.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby HardAttack on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:13 pm

ty for your time you spent to write all of those, they are valuable to me. What i wud like to know if there is jerk remover sold in markets or something like that :geek:
regards
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 pm

HardAttack wrote:ty for your time you spent to write all of those, they are valuable to me. What i wud like to know if there is jerk remover sold in markets or something like that :geek:
regards

It is called the "ignore" list ... :lol: :lol:

Sadly, it is more of an "after cure" than a preventative measure.....
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby roadwarrior on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:55 pm

hatchman wrote:Rating a player 1/5 across the board as a form of revenge is simply wrong and a gross misuse of the system as I understand it. If you have a beef with a player that has nothing to do with Gameplay or Fair Play, you shouldn't use low ratings to take revenge. A low score on Attitude, and several nasty tags are fair, but the other two categories are distinct, and ought to be evaluated on their own merits.

As you might have guessed, I have been subjected to this inappropriate treatment, and it's clearly wrong. I know I'm not the first. To make matters even more absurd, I have played just ONE game against the player in question (Roadwarrior in case y'all are wonderin').

I've written to a moderator about it, but I wonder if anything will be done. It's a real drag to have a perfect 5.0 rating marred by one grossly misguided and disgruntled player (who happened to suicide against another player out of anger/revenge). ](*,)

I only just read the forums after 2 months and since I was mentioned, so I will contribute to the discussion by setting the facts straight below.

Actually it was altersgren who suicided on me and others in the game also agreed. I referred to the opinions of respectable players who had first hand account of the game and knew what they were talking about. Unlike them, you are just misreporting the facts. Please see the game chat in case you missed what they said about alstergren the suicider. Therefore, I have written to the mods about altersgren and they have taken note of our game where he suicided on me. There is also another game where he did the same thing to me.

I gave you negative ratings because you did not understand the game and painted me black in the game chat...for your rank, this is unbelievalbly shallow of you. Please study the game more thoroughly next time before commenting on what you do not understand. This will avoid misunderstandings.

By the way, I mostly leave 5s for my feedback of others. I leave 1s only when I am sure it is deserving such as in your case and altersgren.
Last edited by roadwarrior on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Top 500 doubles league twice group winner
Highest points: 3694 @ December 16, 2009
CC Scoreboard #9 @ March 31, 2008 & #1 Asia
Brigadier roadwarrior

Postby Kotaro on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:56 pm

It's never going to happen.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:05 pm

why are people bumping another dead thread that is 2 months old? sigh...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:40 pm

owenshooter wrote:why are people bumping another dead thread that is 2 months old? sigh...-0

Probably because they don't feel it is dead?

Personally, I think "using the rating system as intended" is impossible because there is no such thing as "as intended". Its just too convoluted.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby premio53 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:20 pm

hatchman wrote:Rating a player 1/5 across the board as a form of revenge is simply wrong and a gross misuse of the system as I understand it. If you have a beef with a player that has nothing to do with Gameplay or Fair Play, you shouldn't use low ratings to take revenge. A low score on Attitude, and several nasty tags are fair, but the other two categories are distinct, and ought to be evaluated on their own merits.

As you might have guessed, I have been subjected to this inappropriate treatment, and it's clearly wrong. I know I'm not the first. To make matters even more absurd, I have played just ONE game against the player in question (Roadwarrior in case y'all are wonderin').

I've written to a moderator about it, but I wonder if anything will be done. It's a real drag to have a perfect 5.0 rating marred by one grossly misguided and disgruntled player (who happened to suicide against another player out of anger/revenge). ](*,)

No system is perfect. Even if they brought back the ratings with written comments you would still wind up playing jerks. I never give ratings anymore and could care less what rating anyone gives me. I simply foe anyone I don't wish to play again. As a matter of fact even when a game has started I look over everyone who joined and anyone with a low rank who doesn't have a 100% rating of taking their turns are foed immediately. It's not that I have anything personal against them but I just don't wish to play them again. Letting some things go makes life more pleasant and simply using the foe button to prevent playing someone who gets under your skin makes Conquer Club just that more pleasant to play in.
Lieutenant premio53

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion