Conquer Club

Rating Complaints

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Rating Complaints

Postby kachorknik on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:57 pm

I have a question, I have been leaving ratings, 4 or 5 star on "gameplay" only . It usually happens when I am eliminated almost immediately. I really feel like i can't gauge fair play or attitude in less than 5 rounds, but if the player took me out, i think that desrves 5 stars, IMHO.

I then get messages in my inbox inquiring why i left such a horrible rating. :?

Doesn't leaving 5 stars on just "gameplay" equate to an avg. 5.0 rating?

Fair Play
Gameplay *****
Attitude

= 5.0 avg?

If yes, then i will go rate the players that complained with 1 star for attitude (J/K)!

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Kachorknik :mrgreen:
(Permanent Chef)
Cook kachorknik

Re: Rating Complaints

Postby The Neon Peon on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:39 pm

According to the system the people set up, 5 stars = okay, the rest is horrible. No point in rating people any more these days.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby cpurcell on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:14 pm

If you feel that you can't rate somone on a certain aspect of their game, just abstain from that portion of the rating. If you go into my ratings that I've recieved, several people (particularly near the begining) left several areas blank. It doesn't affect their score at all if you don't click a star in the area pertaining to that aspect of the game.
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby FabledIntegral on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:25 pm

kachorknik wrote:I have a question, I have been leaving ratings, 4 or 5 star on "gameplay" only . It usually happens when I am eliminated almost immediately. I really feel like i can't gauge fair play or attitude in less than 5 rounds, but if the player took me out, i think that desrves 5 stars, IMHO.

I then get messages in my inbox inquiring why i left such a horrible rating. :?

Doesn't leaving 5 stars on just "gameplay" equate to an avg. 5.0 rating?

Fair Play
Gameplay *****
Attitude

= 5.0 avg?

If yes, then i will go rate the players that complained with 1 star for attitude (J/K)!

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Kachorknik :mrgreen:
(Permanent Chef)

What are you talking about? Taking a person out by round 5 would rarely signify good gameplay on someone's part, no matter the gamestyle, unless 1v1... generally speaking that is.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:11 am

if you leave them a 5 in one category and don't rate them in the others, not being rated in the others does not bring down their average. you are doing fine...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby hulmey on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:25 am

The Neon Peon wrote:According to the system the people set up, 5 stars = okay, the rest is horrible. No point in rating people any more these days.

thats the truble with this system. its people like you that still havent got an idea whats what and tis is after 3 months with the new system!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Mr Changsha on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:48 am

hulmey wrote:
The Neon Peon wrote:According to the system the people set up, 5 stars = okay, the rest is horrible. No point in rating people any more these days.

thats the truble with this system. its people like you that still havent got an idea whats what and tis is after 3 months with the new system!

I suspect that has more to do with the people than the system...
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Sentinel XIV on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:24 am

Sure there is. Medals, baby! Medals mean everything!
Eye. Mull. Of. Ma. Sheen.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby DaGip on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:29 am

owenshooter wrote:if you leave them a 5 in one category and don't rate them in the others, not being rated in the others does not bring down their average. you are doing fine...-0

I find that my ratings are much higher with the new system than the old. I am not too hot over the whole predetermined comments that CC provided us. I really enjoyed the old system where you could leave a giant comment about how much somebody ruined a game by deadbeating. And then wait for the reply in which the said offender calls you a cock sucker who doesn't know how to play Risk.

Ahhhh...the good ol' days!
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:13 am

hulmey wrote:

Dude, ACCORDING TO THE SYSTEM PEOPLE SET UP!!!! I do not give ratings to anyone any more. They are idiotic because of this. 90% of the people believe that a 4 is a bad rating. I personally applaud anyone who does one of the following:
1. Give me a 3 star rating when there really was nothing to be opinionated about
2. Give me a 5 or 4 in one category and a 2 or 1 in another
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Hatchman on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm

After being abused unjustly (by one idiot) under the new system, I'm in favour of scrapping it and letting rank and the Forums be our guides to Friends, Foes and potential opponents.
Major Hatchman

Return to Conquer Club Discussion