Conquer Club

Post here ONLY if your usergroup is missing.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Post here ONLY if your usergroup is missing.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:40 pm

EDIT:
Lack will be getting around to all the missing forums (Off-topics is already back up) soon. If your Usergroup forum is still missing, post the name of the group here. Please only post your group once as well as keep the posts limited to just the list. The cleaner this topic stays, the better chance lack probably has to get the forums up quicker. ;)

Original:
Geez, seems like something screwed up while I was out doing homecoming stuff. Until the admins can get something sorted out, let's not spam up the forums (or chat).

If you have a serious question about any affected games or if your Usergroup is missing, please visit the announcement thread (Clicky) or submit 1 e-ticket (Clicky).

If you wish to flame the site, just spend your time flaming Twill (we all know he likes it). But do so in Flame Wars (Clicky).

If you can't keep your conspiracy/"I hate Bush"/"I must make a post lest I lose my manhood" threads to yourself for a day or so, please keep them all in one thread. I've titled it "The 'mini' Not (Yet) Banned Forum" (Clicky). (Note: The forum rules such as no spamming do still apply to this thread. It will be locked and moved to TNYB once it returns.)

~Night Strike
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Where are my forums?

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:58 am

Just an update for you, lack's aware of the problem and is going to look into it.

His response in the Suggs & Bugs thread was:
lackattack wrote:Just a little update... I have no clue why the server crash took out the off-topics forum and I'll figure it out once I'm back in town on Tuesday.

Please continue to use the thread created by NS for off-topic conversation until lack can get everything figured out :)
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby Twill on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Update #3:

We're going to probably have to go back through some backups, dig out just off-topics and the lost usergroups and restore them individually.

This probably wont happen until Tuesday (it's thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and so our families seem to want to spend time with us for some odd and unknown reason), so hang tight until then, off-topics and your clan forums will be coming back as soon as we can get them there.

We've heard conflicting things from the data center - we've been variously told it's the memory controller, then the hard drive something or other and then finally "sorry if the chiller failure caused you any problems"...which is what took out the database 3 months ago.

I'll post more when I know more.

Twill
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Where are my forums? - Updated

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:39 am

Hey guys, here's a new temp forum for OT to rest until it's recovered.

Please check out Twill's post there so you can understand what's going on :)

link
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:48 pm

I figured I'd copy this over here (from this morning) in case it gets a bit buried:

lackattack wrote:I'm still working on restoring the missing forums. It is taking a while because I had to clean up some archived game logs on the server to make room for unzipping the most recent backup taken before the server crash. I may need an additional 48 hours or so because loading the backup takes quite a while (although it won't in the future thanks to that clean up :-)).
Captain Night Strike

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Post here ONLY if your usergroup is missing.

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:20 am

Lack will be getting around to all the missing forums (Off-topics is already back up) soon. If your Usergroup forum is still missing, post the name of the group here. Please only post your group once as well as keep the posts limited to just the list. The cleaner this topic stays, the better chance lack probably has to get the forums up quicker. ;)
Captain Night Strike

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:22 am

Legends of War

Whilst we still have an operating forum, there are a lot of recent posts missing.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:57 am

Generation One
Cadet Optimus Prime

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby jiminski on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Spanking Monkeys
Major jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Not all of mine are gone, just the G1 forum.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Return to Conquer Club Discussion