Conquer Club

What is going on? (blocks)

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What is going on? (blocks)

Postby hulmey on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Maxastudy finished a 4 player standard speed game for me (rather than me deadbeating and losing points). Then max gets a final warning and a block. My name is on the list. For what? Anyways, in a clan challenge prankcall tries to join a game against me and he cant get in. Im imagining its because of the block!

But i havent been informed by CC mods that im blocked from playing against anyone! I assume coz max posted something in the forum, that it has to do with that. If so, how come i havent been informed and max has! Why am i blocked from playing against prank?
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Re: What is going on? (blocks)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:16 pm

I'd fill out an e-ticket Hulmey, that's the best way to get a response, rather than trying to get one in the open forum.

--Andy
hulmey wrote:Maxastudy finished a 4 player standard speed game for me (rather than me deadbeating and losing points). Then max gets a final warning and a block. My name is on the list. For what? Anyways, in a clan challenge prankcall tries to join a game against me and he cant get in. Im imagining its because of the block!

But i havent been informed by CC mods that im blocked from playing against anyone! I assume coz max posted something in the forum, that it has to do with that. If so, how come i havent been informed and max has! Why am i blocked from playing against prank?
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Prankcall on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:30 pm

Sure it is.This site is the biggest spin doctor there is.They do nothing and the only time they do it is usually half-ass done.Unless its deleting threads then they are all over it.I wouldnt waste my time filing an E-ticket its a joke.I did long ago and got no response.
Sergeant 1st Class Prankcall

Postby hulmey on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks andy for your quick reply! I sent an eticket awhile back (about something else) and never got a reply! Ive really had enough...Im not a cunt and dont want to be treated like one :D

I'll raise a ticket and if it isnt dealt with swiftly please delete my account becuase i dont see why i have to waste my time when some trigger happy mod is blocking accounts for no good reason. This thread will be updated with mod response times and replies.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby hulmey on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Opened New Ticket
A support ticket has been created and a representative will be getting back to you shortly. An email with the ticket ID has been sent. You will need the ticket ID along with your email address to login and to view status of your ticket(s).

NOTE: If you wish to send additional information regarding this ticket, please do not open another ticket. Instead, reply to the email.

- The Support Team

Just for the record, i never received a pm informing me that ive been blocked from playing certain players!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:42 pm

hulmey wrote:Thanks Ive never really had enough...Im a cunt and want to be treated like one :D

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby maxatstuy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:49 pm

I announced that I was playing for you in the game chat, but we were blocked before I made any comments in the forum

The idea that we could be blocked for something like that is yet another example of the block being a joke. Im sorry that you have to be part of it as well hulmey...the block is not right and there is no justification behind it.

Equally disturbing is the administrators failure to respond to any of the etickets though...the block is wrong and is a limitation on the service which we paid for. It should be dealt with properly.
Field Marshal maxatstuy

Postby BaldAdonis on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:53 pm

So.... you couldn't finish a speed game, and instead of resigning you broke the rules. What's the issue here? You get what you deserve. Don't cheat, and you won't be punished.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby maxatstuy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Are you unable to read BaldAdonis? Babysitting is not against the rules and the babysitting rules exist to define what can be considered within the rules

Me playing for hulmey did not break ANY of the rules. He has to leave and had the choice of either intentionally deadbeating out of the game (which is against the rules) or to have me play for him. There was nothing wrong with having someone else finish up the game and the concept that he was added to the block as a result is absurd.
Field Marshal maxatstuy

Postby hwhrhett on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:43 pm

it would seem to me that playing any portion of a speed game on another person's account would fall under abuse correct?

what would make yall think that is kosher?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby maxatstuy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:50 pm

that is not true at all. you are allowed to account sit in speed games

he had to leave and needed someone to take over for him. how is that in any way different than being unable to take a turn in a casual game?

and btw, it is allowed
Field Marshal maxatstuy

Postby hwhrhett on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:53 pm

maxatstuy wrote:that is not true at all. you are allowed to account sit in speed games

he had to leave and needed someone to take over for him. how is that in any way different than being unable to take a turn in a casual game?

and btw, it is allowed

it is allowed? i assume you have a link to somewhere that says that this is allowed? doesnt seem like it should be allowed if it is, lol.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby Snorri1234 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:54 pm

This is my caring-face.

"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby hulmey on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:48 am

hwhrhett wrote:
maxatstuy wrote:that is not true at all. you are allowed to account sit in speed games

and btw, it is allowed

it is allowed? i assume you have a link to somewhere that says that this is allowed? doesnt seem like it should be allowed if it is, lol.

Could you find the rules where its written what I done was illegal. I would thankfully take any punishment dished out to me if i broke any of the rules :D
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Deadly intent on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 am

hulmey wrote:Im not a cunt and dont want to be treated like one.

The thing is Hulmey me old back stabbing suiciding,thread making & making yourself look a right prat friend,thats exactly what you are mate & you sure DO deserve to get treated like one aswel :lol:
Getting someone to finish a SPEED game for you is totally lame,i"v never heard so much nonsense [-X
Yes it is ok for a player to take your turns in a non speed game should you be out of town etc,but to get someone to take over from you & play on until the end in a speed game?...Come on!
I agree with hwhrhett entirely when he says if this isnt against the rules,it sure as hell should be as it sucks
Mind you,with your subsequent loss of points & demotion...i suspect your thinking was that you could do with all the help you can get eh,hense getting a much higher rank to take over from you.Only it didnt work :lol:
Last edited by Deadly intent on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major Deadly intent

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:07 am

hwhrhett wrote:it would seem to me that playing any portion of a speed game on another person's account would fall under abuse correct?

what would make yall think that is kosher?

If you have been on a speed game for 2 hours... sometimes they do get locked up, well you cannot prepare for that always and you have to leave. Getting a sitter is many times better than deadbeating.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:25 am

I have some friends on here at the cadet - private level and I don't doubt that if I played some games for them I could boost their rank up a reasonable amount. But doing so would be cheating - the other players are supposed to be playing a 'cadet quality' player and instead are playing a captain/major quality player. In my book that is cheating.

If Hulmey is a captain and maxtasguy is a general and the general plays the whole game for Hulmey then that is cheating - simple as that.

Having a higher ranking player in charge of a cadet's points (for example) is simply not on. If I win the game and take 30 point each off 5 lieutenants and then admit that I am Mr Changsha and usually play on over 2,000 points they are simply not going to be happy about it. Hulmey, you know that. Your situation with Maxstasguy is identical.

Finally Hulmey, you forgot the old rule of guilt by association. Maybe you are an honourable player (and I would lean to that conclusion) but maxstasguy has made and continues to make a mockery of CC's rules and you had him play a whole game for you. You really shouldn't have done that.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Thezzaruz on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:39 am

Deadly intent wrote:I agree with hwhrhett entirely when he says if this isnt against the rules,it sure as hell should be as it sucks

But as that is your opinion and not the rules I can't see what got Hulmey in trouble. Nothing I've seen on babysitting prohibits the use of it in speedgames (as long as the sitter isn't an opponent in the game ofc but that doesn't seem to be the case).

Mr Changsha wrote:If Hulmey is a captain and maxtasguy is a general and the general plays the whole game for Hulmey then that is cheating - simple as that.

And that is also an opinion and not the rules. As long as the babysitting isn't meant to inflate someones ranking (and that would take more than a single game) it is legal.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:52 am

Mr Changsha wrote:If Hulmey is a captain and maxtasguy is a general and the general plays the whole game for Hulmey then that is cheating - simple as that.

No idea where you got that idea from.

Hulmey and Prankcall each asked max to finish up a single speed game... and now they are barred from playing against each other - very silly IMO.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 am

Thezzaruz wrote:
Deadly intent wrote:I agree with hwhrhett entirely when he says if this isnt against the rules,it sure as hell should be as it sucks

But as that is your opinion and not the rules I can't see what got Hulmey in trouble. Nothing I've seen on babysitting prohibits the use of it in speedgames (as long as the sitter isn't an opponent in the game ofc but that doesn't seem to be the case).

And that is also an opinion and not the rules. As long as the babysitting isn't meant to inflate someones ranking (and that would take more than a single game) it is legal.

True enough as far as it goes but at what point would it become illegal? Say my pal asks me to play a couple of speed games for him as he 50 points off a corporal rank and I win both. Would that be ok? What about if I begin the games by stating "Mr C on for *******" as he was suddenly called away on urgent business" Fine? What about if I only play one game (say an 8 player casual game on 2.1) as my friend knows I have a 50% + record on 2.1. Just one game right, yet I could easily win a private over 200 points from that game.

Who is to say that Hulmey didn't specifically ask Maxstasguy to play a game for him in the hope of ending a worrying drop of points? If Mastasguy is as good as he says he is (and I am aware that the guy has proven before that he can play very well indeed) then he would certainly be increasing Hulmey's chances.

Those with a genuine moral code don't need to be told not to set up multiple accounts, or not to play in the same games as real-life friends and relatives or not to play speed games on other player accounts, or not to play whole casual games for players. This is so blindingly OBVIOUS to anyone who plays the game in a decent fashion that it doesn't need to be said.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Deadly intent on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:21 am

Mr Changsha wrote:Finally Hulmey, you forgot the old rule of guilt by association. Maybe you are an honourable player (and I would lean to that conclusion).

Hulmey honourable?...thats like calling Ted Bundy...misunderstood :lol:
Remember this is the guy who completely ruined a perfectly good game after spitting his dummy out after being land locked,suiciding & spoiling the game for all the other players bar one(the winner)
This is the guy that then took that game into the forum..( General discussion....Tactics - classic flat) with a vote pole,made a right prat of himself & got owned by everyone. :lol:
This is the guy that openly admitted (in same thread as above),back stabbing in ratings.... & now this
Hulmey wouldnt know what honourable was if it came upto him & slapped him round the face with a wet Trout...no,this man has no honour!

Other than this one statement i agree entirely with everything else you have said Mr Changsha.
Yes there are those that think what was done was perfectly ecceptable,but i am not one of them.
If the rules say that this is ok(which it appears to be the case),then i feel it is a rule that should be binned or at the very least be altered somewhat.
As getting a much higher ranked player to play a large chunk of a speed game to games end is surely unfair.
To you Thezzaruz i would say that yes it may just be a matter of opinion,but i still think it is a rule that needs to be looked at as had Hulmey had got the win,it would of been because of a much better player than himself & this to me,would have been wrong
Major Deadly intent

Postby Skittles! on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:33 am

I've finished speed games for people when they unexpectedly had to leave. I don't see why they should get a block by that, it's just babysitting..
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Jeff Hardy on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:06 am

maxatstuy wrote:I announced that I was playing for you in the game chat, but we were blocked before I made any comments in the forum

The idea that we could be blocked for something like that is yet another example of the block being a joke. Im sorry that you have to be part of it as well hulmey...the block is not right and there is no justification behind it.

Equally disturbing is the administrators failure to respond to any of the etickets though...the block is wrong and is a limitation on the service which we paid for. It should be dealt with properly.

i disagree with the block too but you cant complain about the service you pay for
we only pay 25 dollars a year which is hardly anything
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby Thezzaruz on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 am

Mr Changsha wrote:Those with a genuine moral code don't need to be told not to set up multiple accounts, or not to play in the same games as real-life friends and relatives or not to play speed games on other player accounts, or not to play whole casual games for players. This is so blindingly OBVIOUS to anyone who plays the game in a decent fashion that it doesn't need to be said.

So sitting in casual games is fine but never for speed games??? I really can't see the difference tbh (have never seen a rule that separates them either).

Mr Changsha wrote:True enough as far as it goes but at what point would it become illegal?

All your examples had the aim of the sitter to gain points by playing whole games, so they would certainly qualify.

Mr Changsha wrote:Who is to say that Hulmey didn't specifically ask Maxstasguy to play a game for him in the hope of ending a worrying drop of points?

When you have some facts to back that statement up then I might start taking you serious, atm you're just coming off as accusing someone of cheating because of a grudge. That's just low. [-X

Jeff Hardy wrote: you cant complain about the service you pay for

The amount paid is what CC asks for so your opinion about it being "hardly anything" is completely irrelevant here. However CC do have the right to restrict a users access to their services (partly or fully) if that user breaks the rules. In this case they seem to think so and all we (or Hulmey) can do is discuss/influence that assessment.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:42 am

Jeff Hardy wrote:
maxatstuy wrote:I announced that I was playing for you in the game chat, but we were blocked before I made any comments in the forum

i disagree with the block too but you cant complain about the service you pay for

Max never paid.. he was given by mani....
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion