Conquer Club

hey CC mods, what is the purpose of busting cheats????

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

hey CC mods, what is the purpose of busting cheats????

Postby japan_jeff on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:30 am

why do you even waste your time looking for multis or cheats? i turned in two (or maybe only one) cheat(s). and they got busted. yet, the game that they are in with me continues. this is totally INSANE!!!! why let the cheaters continue to play and make the regular members suffer? now one of these monkeys are going to win the game and get points from two people who DO NOT CHEAT!!!!! W T F ????? am i the only person who doesn't understand the reasoning behind this?

i really find this totally unacceptable and will wait for a real answer. so cc guru's answer me! you say you're trying to make the site a better place to play, yet you let cheats run wild with out punishment and make the good guys suffer.

THIS IS TOTALLY IGNORANT!!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class japan_jeff

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: hey CC mods, what is the purpose of busting cheats????

Postby Jeff Hardy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:41 am

cc should give points back
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:58 am

Jeff Hardy wrote:cc should give points back

i dont' think so... however, i have seen people discuss having cheats
armies turn to neutrals in all their games when they are busted. have
no idea how difficult this would be, but i've seen it suggested.-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:00 am

owenshooter wrote:

This would be an excellent idea... just sayin'
Cadet Optimus Prime

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

This would be an excellent idea... just sayin'

yeah, think i'll go post it in suggs and bugs...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Jeff Hardy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:37 am

but if someone was to lose to a couple of multis in a games and loses 50 points he should be given them back
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:40 am

Jeff Hardy wrote:but if someone was to lose to a couple of multis in a games and loses 50 points he should be given them back

aside from the point if the armies are turned into neutrals.-0

p.s.-posted my idea in suggs and bugs
Lieutenant owenshooter

General Contribution (1)

Postby sully800 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:37 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Jeff Hardy wrote:but if someone was to lose to a couple of multis in a games and loses 50 points he should be given them back

aside from the point if the armies are turned into neutrals.-0

p.s.-posted my idea in suggs and bugs

Unless the game ends before the person is busted.

I know it sucks to lose games to a multi. Whenever I have been in a game with one myself, I ignore the result of that game. Turning multis into neutral armies would be a good start, but that can swing the game to someone who might not have otherwise won. And it does nothing about games which are already finished (or games in which you were eliminated by a multi prior to the bust).

If someone is going to cheat, that game has already been ruined. I think the best solution is to cancel the result of any game with a convicted multi that is still in progress. Completed games cannot be changed retroactively because your current score depends upon your past score in every completed game. But even if the system doesn't change you don't need to let multis get to you. If you enjoy playing on this site, than ignore the petty cheaters and continue to have fun in your other games. It may affect your score a bit in the short term but in the long run everyone's luck with multis evens out.
Major sully800

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 pm

let's get this straight! this is a game, and i play for fun. i don't want to play newbies, so if you have less than 50 games under your belt, you're on ignore. i don't want to play you in more than 1 game at a time. if you join more than 1, you're on ignore. if you want alliances, play doubles. or, play me, and get a neg feedback. you don't want to play me? i don't care. you put me on ignore? i don't care. i don't join games, people join mine. pretty easy to understand!

This guy is awesome.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Medals: 6
Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:11 pm

sully800 wrote: I think the best solution is to cancel the result of any game with a convicted multi that is still in progress.

sully, i think the best solution is for you to do a better job!!! ha!!!! seriously, i didn't think it was a real option to ever delete games or return pts... if what you are suggesting is possible, that is also a wonderful solution.-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

General Contribution (1)

Postby sully800 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Well....its not currently possible, but many people have advocated changing how we handle busted multis. There are some problems with simply eliminating busted players, but it may be a better solution than the current system. It's a big change but it is also a swifter way to crack down on cheaters.
Major sully800

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby japan_jeff on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:35 pm

the point is, i asked cc to look at these two people right as the game started. they joined the game one right after the other, from the smae country and took their first turn right after the other did.

next day, they're busted. after the first round, you could see that they were multi's or had a secret alliance. AND the cc hunters said that they were in fact busted. but that they would let the cheats continue to play out the game. now what is the fun factor of playing when you know it's a forgone conclusion that you're going to get beat? yet CC doesn't give a rat's a$$ about it, and they continue to let cheats play.

like i said, totally unacceptable. they do not give the points back, which don't really bother me, but might of bothered the 4th guy in the game. sure didn't bother the one cheat who lost!

CC has removed games in progress before. so they should make it a habit of dumping games right then and there is a person is busted as a cheat!
Sergeant 1st Class japan_jeff

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby maxatstuy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:40 pm

Giving back points isnt a good idea because it just leaves people open to abusing the system. When there is a person who is busted in a multi player game and someone is about to lose, it will just cause them to gift the game to the busted player knowing that he wont lose points in doing so. Nevertheless, I see no reason why the busted player shouldnt be turned into a neutral player, and at the very least, be removed from the games he is waiting for players in.
Field Marshal maxatstuy

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:50 pm

maxatstuy wrote:Giving back points isnt a good idea because it just leaves people open to abusing the system.

i'm sorry, that may just be the funniest thing i have ever read in the forums... *snicker*-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

General Contribution (1)

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:31 pm

sully800 wrote: I think the best solution is to cancel the result of any game with a convicted multi that is still in progress.

I think the best solution is just ignoring what japan_jeff said.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Medals: 6
Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 am

i can't believe this thread....

you are mad because you're losing points to a cheater. that sucks. i understand your pain.

but you'll get over it, and make your points back eventually.

what i don't get is why you would ask why we bust cheaters.... maybe i'm taking your question too literally, but if that's the case, reword your question so that we can properly discuss it.

ps. this should be moved to Q&A or merged with owens thread in suggs&bugs, imho.
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Return to Conquer Club Discussion