Conquer Club

Gauging interest for a game.

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Gauging interest for a game.

Postby Skittles! on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:52 am

Yo folks.

So Skoffin and I want to do a mafia game based on the reality TV show, Rupaul's Drag Race. It will not be a normal game, it will be full of quotes, challenges, interesting roles, etc. etc. We are in the process of preparing the game but for that we need to see how many players we may get. We would prefer more players than less, and as there are over 100 characters to choose from, there's definitely no shortage.

The main change for this game is the idea of challenges, were players send in answers to us, the mods, and our favourite get posted anonymously in the thread for all players to vote on. The winner then gets to choose from the worst 2-3 responses to eliminate from the game.

Or the winner gets chosen by poll. Not 100% sure yet.

For this game you may have to do some research, because we, the mods, will require a bit of fun from all of you in a campy way.

If you're not a fan of gay and campy things, this game probably won't be for you. But god it will be cooky and hopefully very fun. Also, we are hoping to have it fully prepared and done by the time the Pokemon Mafia is finished, or soon after.

Cheers kents.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Re: Gauging interest for a game.

Postby kwanton on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:57 pm

I was told to be interested in this
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby dakky21 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:53 pm

I'm not gay (at least I am not) and reading wiki about this show ... mentions only transsexuals and homosexuals ... and I don't wanna be a one, even in the game. I don't have anything vs those people but don't touch me and I won't touch you. Simple as that. So no, I won't be playing this game and no, don't talk to me about it. Fair enough?
Captain dakky21

Postby Skittles! on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 pm

dakky21 wrote:I'm not gay (at least I am not) and reading wiki about this show ... mentions only transsexuals and homosexuals ... and I don't wanna be a one, even in the game. I don't have anything vs those people but don't touch me and I won't touch you. Simple as that. So no, I won't be playing this game and no, don't talk to me about it. Fair enough?

A literal no would suffice, and with that attitude no one will want to touch you. Also, you're now gay by proxy because I'm in a game with you (where you are willing to play a fictional creature but god forbid you play an actual real life person) and you've posted in this thread.

Toodaloo.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby dakky21 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Skittles! wrote:
dakky21 wrote:I'm not gay (at least I am not) and reading wiki about this show ... mentions only transsexuals and homosexuals ... and I don't wanna be a one, even in the game. I don't have anything vs those people but don't touch me and I won't touch you. Simple as that. So no, I won't be playing this game and no, don't talk to me about it. Fair enough?

A literal no would suffice, and with that attitude no one will want to touch you. Also, you're now gay by proxy because I'm in a game with you (where you are willing to play a fictional creature but god forbid you play an actual real life person) and you've posted in this thread.

Toodaloo.

It's different. I don't have problems with being in gay community. You people do whatever you like. Just don't bring me into MORE of that and that I mean by "touching" ... Don't tell me Gay Is OK.. I know it is OK, but don't tell me... as an example... so I won't play gay games as that is like inviting me to a gay community. Hope you understand...
Captain dakky21

Postby Samlen on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:41 pm

Seems like a fun idea, but it doesn't sound very mafia-like. I probably won't join it but it's creative.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Skoffin on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:54 am

Ahoy.
so this came about via a chat between skittles, myself and ga7 as we love the show. Ultimately we figured 2 of us could mod so at least 1 of us could play. As such, ga7 did see some ideas we were shooting out for a possible concept - however it's nothing that will affect the game should it go ahead.
I also figured we should get some feedback before we went too far ahead with planning anything, just in the event it never goes anywhere. In part because we wanted to try something a bit not-so-maf, and also because in my experience when you talk about Rupauls drag race people either love it or react with disgust XD No point in using a theme no one will touch, afterall.

We need to balance the concept so that it's still interesting to us, but still something people would want to play, so any feedback from you guys would be appreciated.
For example, to keep it still in line with mafia but also keep challenges, we could have a rotation where one day will be a regular lynch and the next is a challenge day where the winner controls the lynch.
On one hand this gives a single person a lot of power on these days, but on the other it could be interesting to see how people make new strategies to combat this - ie people trying to buddy up towards people they think will likely win challenges, or how tactful the challenge winner is with using their power. Alternatively, the winner can just become temporarily unkillilable for that particular day.

So, to start with.
1. Are people cool with the theme we want to use?
2. Are you cool with a weird setup-mechanic, or prefer to stick to standard mafia?
3. would you prefer a balls to the wall game, or to tame it down a bit?

As said, we'd prefer to gauge reactions now to see what direction we should head in, or if there's no interest we may as well drop it now instead of after the planning.

@Dakky
As Skittles said, you could have just said "I'm not interested in this particular theme, so no I won't be playing". Your reaction here seems almost defensive. No one here is going to touch you, so why bring it up? Generally one doesn't say "don't do X" unless you expect them to do X otherwise, so it seems to me you are saying that gay people will just put their hands all over you unless you tell them not to and force things on you; and that's just not true. You don't have to like the theme or want to play it, but don't treat it like it's offensive somehow. Being given a gay character role doesn't make you gay or imply you are being invited to a gay community, if that were the case then I must be a dude by now considering all the male roles I've had.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:10 am

It sounds more like a popularity contest than mafia
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby nagerous on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:21 am

Sounds like fun
Captain nagerous

Postby kwanton on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:57 am

I expect this to be gayer than christmas
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Samlen on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:57 am

1. Are people cool with the theme we want to use?
Themes are wonderful and help make mafia games more interesting. I don't care what theme it is, as long as it's interesting and unique (Which this one certainly fits both of those!)
2. Are you cool with a weird setup-mechanic, or prefer to stick to standard mafia?
I probably won't play if it strays too far from a mafia-like game, but that won't stop me from reading and enjoying it.
3. would you prefer a balls to the wall game, or to tame it down a bit?
Either one, whatever is more creative.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby TimWoodbury on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:48 am

ill be honest sounds like it would be good for those who like the show or are into the theme me it dont exactly sound much like mafia and not shure id be that into the game. will say its great to change things up every now and then like this game idea is trying to do but i think it might be changing it to much liek someone above said sounds more like prom king queen popularity contest type thing then mafia
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Assuming everything is as anonymous as the original post sounds, then everyone is just voting on best/worst, with no idea who is behind each phrase, so the popularity contest is taken out of the equation (unless people are allowed to push their own theories, which makes it more obvious who is who). While it's another party game other than mafia, I'd give something like that a try. However, I don't like the theme, so it would have to be a different theme for me to join.
Major HotShot53

Postby ga7 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:43 pm

This needs to happen. Even with only 13 players, cause they'll be ALL STARS
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Fircoal on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 am

I'm down for it. Just let me know if/when it starts.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Master Bush on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 am

This sounds awful................as a mafia game. But I'm sure as a stand alone new game, would be very cool/funny. Although I am a straight male, I'd have no problem playing any mafia game with any theme, as I'm not an immature 12 year old. But it sounds like this would only work for players who are fans of this show, which I am not. Good luck though. I'll be interested to see how this concept plays out.
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant 1st Class Master Bush

Return to Mafia Discussions