Conquer Club

Running Mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Running Mafia

Postby benga on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 am

I would love to run a mafia game, but would ask for someone more experienced to help me a bit with details so it isn't imbalanced.

Theme: Alien

Anyone willing?

Suggestions?
Sergeant benga

Re: Running Mafia

Postby dakky21 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:19 am

PM Wing as he said he doesn't have time for games now but can probably help you set up a game.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:39 am

benga wrote:I would love to run a mafia game, but would ask for someone more experienced to help me a bit with details so it isn't imbalanced.

Anyone willing?

Suggestions?

Alien the movie? Note that there really aren't many characters in Alien. I tried it with a special mechanic (whoever the alien hibernated in would be killed as ??? and the alien would have their original role as fake claim) but it ended up being broken due to everyone deciding to mass claim day 1 and there hadnt been enough roles for good fake claims without the mechanic.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:06 am

What I would really like to play while still having space theme is - Star Trek mafia... there you could have enough characters and borg as scum... :)
Captain dakky21

Postby benga on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 pm

strike wolf wrote:
benga wrote:I would love to run a mafia game, but would ask for someone more experienced to help me a bit with details so it isn't imbalanced.

Anyone willing?

Suggestions?

Alien the movie? Note that there really aren't many characters in Alien. I tried it with a special mechanic (whoever the alien hibernated in would be killed as ??? and the alien would have their original role as fake claim) but it ended up being broken due to everyone deciding to mass claim day 1 and there hadnt been enough roles for good fake claims without the mechanic.

Based on movie but without taking names, I would just use mechanic where a mafia player-alien would instead of killing he would be turning other players to mafia.
Sergeant benga

Postby nagerous on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:51 pm

dakky21 wrote:What I would really like to play while still having space theme is - Star Trek mafia... there you could have enough characters and borg as scum... :)

Any particular generation?
Captain nagerous

Postby dakky21 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:39 pm

nagerous wrote:
dakky21 wrote:What I would really like to play while still having space theme is - Star Trek mafia... there you could have enough characters and borg as scum... :)

Any particular generation?

Enterprise is my favorite because of super hot T'Pol (I know this can be discussed...), but in the case of a mafia game, I'd rather play TNG or Voyager. DS9 is my last choice. Implement different species and different abilities and there you go, perfect setup for a game.

benga wrote:Based on movie but without taking names, I would just use mechanic where a mafia player-alien would instead of killing he would be turning other players to mafia.

That is a variation of a cult. From wiki, it provides no chances for a town win because even if you lynch scum each day, one new will be be recruited into the party each night, eventually ending with scum win. So D1 we lynch you, you're dead. But, the rest of your scum team recruits me, and the scum team is the same with the numbers while town is -1. Can't work I think.
Captain dakky21

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Or town needs to be able to lynch multiples

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Samlen on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:06 pm

If you want to run a cult game, you'd need multiple ways of getting rid of them per day/night cycle. i.e. vigilante, masons (townsided cult) or to include a mafia as well as the cult (this would require it to be a larger game but is viable).
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby benga on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Sergeant benga

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Don't listen to these plebs.

Follow the MM tried-and-tested formula of always making the game utterly unbalanced and then one the game is over, merely wait for the praise to start rolling in.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby TimWoodbury on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:49 pm

just throw a town bomb or 2 or 3 in and all will be good
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby Skittles! on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Don't listen to these plebs.

Follow the MM tried-and-tested formula of always making the game utterly unbalanced and then one the game is over, merely wait for the praise to start rolling in.

Can't wait to see how Civ is unbalanced :D
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Return to Mafia Discussions