Conquer Club

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 am

I support sending mitch as a representative.
Captain dakky21

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:39 pm

strike wolf wrote:I say we send Mitch over and ask him to unleash all of his craziness on them. If their forums are still standing after 24 hours then we know that they have found a like mind.

You, sir, are a magnificent bastard.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Minister Masket on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:59 pm

My vote goes to Sir Skittles. Played an absolute barn-stormer in my last game.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:58 am

My vote goes to madmitch as well. That's easily the best idea I've seen so far.

I would be utterly shocked if he wins the game for us as well, and get's the MVP award.

I'll raise the stakes. Mitch, if you win this for us, I'll get you a hooker of your choosing. Whatever floats your boat. If you want a fellow CCer on here as well, I'll make arrangements. Someone will have to take one for the team.

Make this happen damnit!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:54 am

Some of you guys might not take this seriously, thats ok. We can send no one.

This is a public forum.
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:50 pm

StorrZerg wrote:Some of you guys might not take this seriously, thats ok. We can send no one.

This is a public forum.

The tournament serves as an advertisement. What better advertisement of CC is there than sending Mitch? Players have always seemed more interested in having fun than winning here. That reflects that.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 pm

It's not that I don't take it seriously. I just look at how much time those people devote to every 24 hours and I don't want to be that serious about this game. It's a game. I'm here to have fun. Winning is fun sure but I skimmed through a thread that they did where 14 players posted ~25 pages (50 posts a page thats ~1250 posts) worth of content in less than 1 real life day (from 8 am to midnight). I am not that committed and frankly that's a bit on the crazy side.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Im not playing games. Pretend its a serious suggestion all you want. Comments about the true motivations for his nomination have been made.

Simple send someone who we think is actually good and can play a good game or no one.

@strike thats fine.

Thingyman will decide. He has been reading the thread.
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:26 pm

If Wing, Chu or Mets have time, I don't object to any of them (Ga7 is also a good player but my instinct is that he doesn't have the time from what I've noted of him). I would probably say Mets as #1 if for no other reason than the fact that Wing can sometimes be a bit abrasive.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 am

StorrZerg wrote:Im not playing games. Pretend its a serious suggestion all you want. Comments about the true motivations for his nomination have been made.

Simple send someone who we think is actually good and can play a good game or no one.

@strike thats fine.

Thingyman will decide. He has been reading the thread.

Who the hell is this Thingyman and what right has he to decide for the Free Mafia Players of CC?!

If Mitch is chosen than it is Mitch who should be unleashed! Such is the will of the people!
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:32 am

Mitch shouldn't be barred because he's Mitch. Kind of discrimination is this? What kind of self loathing tournament are you guys running over there?

To echo what strike said, that requires way too much time for people unless they're retired or just don't do anything on a day to day basis. I kind of like my weekends when I can get boozed up and make poor decisions on here.

There's a qualifying game and then the actual game, and there's a 135 other communities. Let me go back to this and say out of those 134 communities sending their one player, how does this exclude Mitch? Let the guy play if he has the time and wants to do it, big deal if he doesn't meet up to your expectations, don't be a dick about it. If this tournie is meant to just be for fun, Mitch has as much right to go as any other player here.

And what exactly is the prize here for the tournament? More recognition? "Gee wiz, come to CC to witness our small community! Your balls may or may not be fondled. No promises." If I have to take a whole day to read an incoherent thesis and make my own semi-coherent thesis for nothing other than a pat on a back, I'll pass. Give us an incentive to care.

I enjoy the speed style mafia games, but only when it's actually modded out like SC2, I don't see it working (well) on a forum.

So yeah, send Mitch.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:53 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:
Who the hell is this Thingyman and what right has he to decide for the Free Mafia Players of CC?!

If you read op, he is the guy organizing the event.

strike wolf wrote:I say we send Mitch over and ask him to unleash all of his craziness on them. If their forums are still standing after 24 hours then we know that they have found a like mind.

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:They couldnt handle the Mitch.

Metsfanmax wrote:

You, sir, are a magnificent bastard.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:My vote goes to madmitch as well. That's easily the best idea I've seen so far.

I would be utterly shocked if he wins the game for us as well, and get's the MVP award.

I'll raise the stakes. Mitch, if you win this for us, I'll get you a hooker of your choosing. Whatever floats your boat. If you want a fellow CCer on here as well, I'll make arrangements. Someone will have to take one for the team.

Make this happen damnit!

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Mitch shouldn't be barred because he's Mitch. Kind of discrimination is this? What kind of self loathing tournament are you guys running over there?

uhhh...

My issue is that you guys are being spiteful and malicious with suggesting him. After i made the comment wing brought up a good point regarding fun on CC. Thing is, thats not why he was suggested. So yeah, maybe im gonna take a bit of an issue with anyone who tires to say mitch is a real suggestion after the initial troll. Boy who cried wolf....

Look, you guys might not give a shit and thats fine. I know thingyman, he reached out to me and I place value on my name and word. We are being asked to send the best that we can. if mitch is the best we can send that's fine. If i was the organizer of the tournament I would be kinda pissed if someone sent someone to troll a game and "ruin it" for other people who came to play.
Major StorrZerg

Postby dakky21 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 am

StorrZerg wrote:If i was the organizer of the tournament I would be kinda pissed if someone sent someone to troll a game and "ruin it" for other people who came to play.

The thing is - Mitch is not a troll and he is not "ruining" games on purpose. It's his gameplay and his strategy. While others on our forum obviously don't have enough time to participate, I really think Mitch could be a good choice and I'm sure he won't ruin their game. After all, there are modkills....
Captain dakky21

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 am

You are missing the point dakky21.

This isn't about mitch. Its about why people nominated him with ill intent.
Major StorrZerg

Postby dakky21 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 am

It's not about ill intentions but I'd say - fun intentions - reading that thread could be really fun with Mitch in it. After all the game is supposed to be fun, right?

BTW we didn't even heard from Mitch if he would take it anyway.
Captain dakky21

Postby nagerous on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm

I am happy for madmitch to represent
Captain nagerous

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:59 pm

To be fair, if we got the invite based on Storrs rep. We really shouldnt be sending Mitch.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:To be fair, if we got the invite based on Storrs rep. We really shouldnt be sending Mitch.

Out of 135 communities, at least half of them will send similar players. I think it's not about Storrs rep, but about Storr being our contact to them.
Captain dakky21

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:00 pm

StorrZerg wrote:You are missing the point dakky21.

This isn't about mitch. Its about why people nominated him with ill intent.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:32 pm

So I don't know enough about anyone to nominate, but just from an outsiders perspective this seems a bit peticulsr to me. The OP states:

Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.

But then you say:

quote="StorrZerg"]Some of you guys might not take this seriously, thats ok. We can send no one.

This is a public forum.[/quote]

And then you say:

StorrZerg wrote:Thingyman will decide. He has been reading the thread.

I mean, that seems pretty contrary to what the OP says. So the community can pick, but only if you + thingman agree? Seems rather like something scum might do.

vote thingyman w a FOS on StorrZerg

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:37 pm

IcePack wrote:So I don't know enough about anyone to nominate, but just from an outsiders perspective this seems a bit peticulsr to me. The OP states:

Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.

But then you say:

StorrZerg wrote:Some of you guys might not take this seriously, thats ok. We can send no one.

This is a public forum.

And then you say:

StorrZerg wrote:Thingyman will decide. He has been reading the thread.

I mean, that seems pretty contrary to what the OP says. So the community can pick, but only if you + thingman agree? Seems rather like something scum might do.

vote thingyman w a FOS on StorrZerg

Tone it down or you'll get CC kicked out of the elite community of 135 forums that heard of mafia :shock: !

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm just saying...if there was some sorta special approval process maybe that should be pointed out in the first place. If it's going to be a hand picked representative or nobody, maybe don't way they can vote on it

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Bit of both contact and rep.

My vote maters the same as anyone. I don't hold a veto.
Im just expressing my opinion im this discussion. Which again has been me attacking poor reasons to send madmitch.

And obviously any organiser has the power to reject an application or remove a community from future participation. And while he would accept a mitch representative, it could be possibleto not get future invite.
Major StorrZerg

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Why would the orgnaizer refuse people to the event in the future? If thats the only person a community has that can meet their insane posting requirements, hes their best choice regardless of why.
Again, if you going to refuse stuff like that in the future your essentially limiting the type of player to the players you want, so in essense changing who people can be sent.

Thats like a hockey team saying, only fast skaters can be sent to the all stars. not the best on the team, maybe they have someone who can play better then everyone else, but is slow. Maybe their the best shooter, or most physical.
Different styles are still legitimate entries, and shouldn't be restricting the community entries.

Unless the wording gets changed. If you say they can vote the player in, and then disqualify the commun;ity because they voted someone in you dont like. Its pretty much BS.
And you said your vote matters jsut the same w/ no veto (great) but it doesn't change the fact the OP says the community can vote, and then later you say thingyman will decide. Which is it? Will he decide, can they vote?
Is it only the best players in their version of the game?

Maybe they were having fun joking around about why they were nominating him, but seriously thought he was the best choice. Unless during nominations, fun is totally outlawed....idk

Like i said, i dont know the players here, i dont know that community, hell i dont even know this mafia community. But I still see the whole thing as pretty suspect.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Samlen on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:21 pm

We get to choose who we send, Thingyman just gave suggestions on how we choose our representative. I play mafia on a different forum and got this same invitation. Thingyman suggested that we democratically pick our rep also, which we did. I don't know if CC forum has a poll option but that would seem the best way to do so with the most likely candidates as options.
Lieutenant Samlen

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions