Conquer Club

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:23 am

OK, so we must give reasons now:

I vote for Mitch (since Wing doesn't seem interested) because:

1) He is unflappable and I don't think that plying with a bunch of strangers is going to be problem for him.

2) His opponents on the other hand will be unable to adapt to Mitch and, in the end, will be forced to bow before his might in dejected submission. Mitch will crush them, see them driven before him and hear the lamentation of their women.

3) Sending Mitch has a potential benefit of making the event in question actually interesting to follow.

Mitch4CC2017
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:39 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:3) Sending Mitch has a potential benefit of making the event in question actually interesting to follow.
Mitch4CC2017

This.

Worst case scenario. Thingyman get's butt hurt. I don't really see that happening because I imagine there'll be several players there that are just as...interesting.

Best case scenario. The best game we've witnessed with mass confusion caused by non other than the man, myth and legend himself.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 am

Icepack. You are making mountains out of mole hills missing points, and bringing up bad analogies. Just stop and we can take it to pms if you need further explanation.

Lets get the thread back om track, i don't even remember who said they could play and that seems to be our limiting factor.
Major StorrZerg

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:39 am

I don't need any pm explainstions, just saying before I spoke up you seemed ready to steam roll whatever choice was made and taking the decision out of the voting hands, which didn't match what was said.

Sorry you feel that way, but I've been following the thread since you posted and that's exactly how it seemed (and got a few PMs of my own thanking me for speaking up cuz they felt the same way?) so maybe I'm not the one making a mountain out of a mole hill, and you don't need to make such a big deal about them picking who they want?

I got no skin in the game here, I'm mostly just an outsider following this thread.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby nagerous on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 am

Mitch has said in the other mafia game he has plenty of time, so seems a sensible candidate to me. We are looking for someone to enter who has lots of time and can commit considering the amount of posts that are required and the lack of alternative options due to the time considerations for the rest of the community I say why not enter him?
Captain nagerous

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Regarding sending a rep. and the voting.

Thingyman wrote:I mean, they have a point in theory - if I'm able to veto a pick - but my greater concern is to ensure all the communities that wanna take it seriously gets a serious competition

I'll say CC isn't the first community to consider doing that
I obv shut it down and/or refuse to accept those types of picks
Some communities have done something similar, but where the guy promises to not troll
I usually talk with the guy
If it hadnt been past deadline, I would've wanted to talk with the guy and if he promises to not troll, I'm fine with it

Thingyman wrote: If they have a person who seriously wants to do it, he can add me on Discord: Thingyman#6075. There is a chance that someone drops out and there's a spot open.
And I'd be willing to talk with him about that.
Major StorrZerg

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Mitch is a very serious player. It is rare that he cracks a smile while playing Mafia. Also, he always posts in a suit, with a somber look on his face and sad songs on his gramophone. I think Thingyman will like him.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Skoffin on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Sorry, I don't think Mitch is a fair suggestion. We all know it's to be funny and to mock him in this way isn't that nice.
While I may think the way the game is being proposed might be a tad ridiculous, namely the amount of spam they seem to encourage, I'd rather we send someone to play seriously or not at all.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 am

Go and look at Mitchs win percentage. You will be surprised. He knows full well what he is doing. Hes actually quite a good player these days.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:57 am

He bobs and weaves like a majestic cheetah closing down on an antilope through a crowded square.

Skoffin, you have been away from mafia a long time. When you get back into the groove you will again be able to see the subtle beauty of Mitch's game. Until then you can just ask the opinion of the players who are more actively involved in Mafia, like me for instance.

Me, for instance wrote:Oh, yes, he is definitely the correct choice.

See?

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions