Conquer Club

Mafia preferences

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia preferences

Postby Skoffin on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:51 am

Generic thread for gather opinions on what things people do or do not like in games. Mostly it's out of interest, but it might give people ideas on modding games in future.

Favourite roles: Straightforward question on what types of roles or specific roles you like and alignments you like to play.
Hated roles:
Game types: Do you prefer serious games, crazy games, trololol games, experimental, crazy cops etc
Themes you'd like to see:

etc etc
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Re: Mafia preferences

Postby ga7 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:21 am

One role I love that is a great alternative to GF is Mafia Busdriver. You have a wider array of possible actions but it's also more risky than just investigation/bulletproof.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby dakky21 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 pm

I'd like that someone hosts a game with entirely my preferences and only balances it so it is not complete unbalanced trololololo bastard crap.
Captain dakky21

Postby IcePack on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Favourite roles:
I almost never in RL or here been able to play a mafia character (I think only once, ever) so that has always interested me. Same goes for third party :)

Hated roles:
VT, its pretty much the only thing I ever get assigned. Its pretty boring. I like to be challenged, so the puzzle is really the only thing thats kept me playing. But really, the lack of depth sometimes is pretty frustrating and lack of a chance to play other roles.

Game types:
I've had to many games ruined by people who were taking things soooo damn serious. I love gaming, and I take it seriously and hate when people jack around and are doing other crap while the games going on or whatever. But at the same time, the games got to be fun. So serious, as long as its not so serious it becomes stupid. Experimental is interesting just because well, its different.

Themes you'd like to see:
I haven't paid attention here long enough to know whats been done. But the alien one recently was interesting, I like AGoT, sci fi, fantasy, D&D, the Civ one recently was interesting even tho I wasn't playing, I followed it. Anything really, other then boring non theme stuff.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Favorite alignment: Town or Sk. I prefer the challenge of finding mafia vs deceiving town.

Favorite role: Pretty much any role that messes with other roles like Busdriver or redirect or (not so much role blocker).

Least favorite alignment: Cult. Ugggggggggh. Or third party.

Least favorite role: for me to play is standand survivor. It's like VT just without as much incentive to hunt scum. To be in the same game, generally cult recruiter.

Fave game type: experimental. Especially to host.

What would I like to see? A Dune mafia. Whether just based on the first book or the original trilogy.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Favorite role: Mafia anything, except Usurper

Least favorite role: Survivour, hate that role from the bottom of my heart.

My perfect game of Mafia:

1) Playable (as in, designed by the Mod for the Players, not by the Mod for the Mod's amusement)

2) Filled with people who really want to play and to compete, from the beginning until the end, and who take the game rules seriously.

3) It needs to have SOME flavour, either mechanical or background, that separates it from other games.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Favorite role: Mass Murderer/SK/Auditor

Least Favorite: Vanilla Town/Survivor/Jester. Hate playing any of these.

Preferred alignment: Mafia.

I hate playing cult. It's dreadful

Gametypes - I don't care really, as long as its not overpowered for one side over the other.

Themes I want to see - wouldn't mind seeing a witcher themed mafia game. I feel like the characters would tie in really well
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Samlen on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:48 am

Favorite roles: Mafia or experimental 3p. The last forum i played mafia on did a lotta wacky 3p roles and I want to continue that here.
Hated roles: survivor or vt. Survivor can get pretty boring if it doesn't have any twists.
Favorite setups: wacky/experimental. I love seeing the creativity in some of the setups I've played/created and it's fun when the players get into the setup's theme
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Fircoal on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:51 am

Favorite roles: Anything town. Preferably something like bus driver because that's fun, but even VT is fun for me to do as I much prefer to be figuring out things than to be lying to others.

Least Favorite roles: Mafia

Game types: Experimental and crazy games. My ideal games are the games we played as RT mafia in the past. Where people would come up with all sorts of different roles and tried many different gimmicks. Each game felt new and interesting and it was a whole lot of fun crazy things that happened. I'm a fan of Skittles' current game because it has a good amount of new interesting roles. While I have no problem with the more serious type of game I feel like that is better covered by other games, while the really experimental stuff really shines in forum mafia.

Themes you'd like to see: Themes that I actually know and like. :P
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Return to Mafia Discussions