Conquer Club

What happened?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What happened?

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 am

The mafia forums are dyeing faster than my grandmother.

Did everyone just throw their shit in the air and just say f*ck it I'm out?

I blame sickfinn.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Re: What happened?

Postby dakky21 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:07 pm

I don't blame anyone, this community was always pretty much small.

Maybe we should try to get some of the old players back? Maybe smaller but quicker/more active games? Your ME2 will start like never...
Captain dakky21

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

dakky21 wrote:I don't blame anyone, this community was always pretty much small.

Maybe we should try to get some of the old players back? Maybe smaller but quicker/more active games? Your ME2 will start like never...

Yeah, it's looking grim. :(
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby IcePack on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 pm

People discusssed the same thing here a month ago

viewtopic.php?f=609&t=225510

There were a few suggestions but even the few left here couldn’t really find common agreement or plans to move forward it seems.

Same w the community / mafia mod discussion. Someone needs to take leadership and make decisions and lead and advertise. At this point the plan almost doesn’t matter (well it does kinda) but need someone to guide it and make those calls.

A rudderless boat won’t go anywhere

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Skoffin on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm

There are not enough players; everyone needs to invite friends, players from elsewhere etc to build the playerbase back up.

The average skill level is low; players like mitch are allowed to join and ruin games without actually having to learn how to play the game, and they can skate on through no matter how scummy with excuses about being unreadable. Ten years ago if someone shot a virtually clear player they'd either be lynched or end up blacklisted from games for continued poor play.
Decent players are leaving because of some of the terrible play that has been allowed to continue here. We've already lost a few such as Aage, and I had already decided I will not be joining any more games either.

Too many games being hosted that lack balance which leads to pissed off players who are on the unwinnable side.

Games taking way too long, mostly due to lurkers.

There have been a number of overambitious games in terms of size, I think we need to accept for now that we do not have the playerbase for it and do some more regular smaller setups. We might also want to host some balance, non-experimental setups to get some newer players into and learn how to play. New players will be put off by the experimental setups.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby BuJaber on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 am

As a solution I propose we host some coaching games. Maybe one a month or one every 3 months.

Basically they'd be standard C9 games. No complex roles or themes or hidden mechanics.

The idea is to get at least 4/9 new players from CC or friends or anywhere.

In addition to the players I am thinking it would be a good idea to have coaches too. 2-3 coaches per game. These would be veteran players who the community generally agree play the game well that can guide the players as they play. They would give them strategy tips, tell them what they're doing right, alert them that they're doing something badly, answer questions about mafia games. That would require responsibility and integrity because a coach would need to be someone who can help without playing for them while also not revealing stuff to the player that they shouldn't know (since one coach per player is too much, 2 or 3 coaches would help all 9 players).

This way the player is not left to figure the game out by themselves through trial and error which can take too long and can be off-putting. It is the experience + guidance that can really raise someone's skill level and also help them fall in love with the game instead of feeling confused, frustrated, and offended throught theur first game and then never playing again (happens too often sadly).

As long as we get the minimum number of 4 new players anybody else can join and benefit from the help of coaches / gain new insight & perspectives. This is something most if not all of us can benefit from. Everybody needs to get out of their own head and look at things differently from time to time.

This will not be easy but if we all put in a little bit of effort it could be a way to enrich this mafia community for future years.

This idea is inspired in some part by newbie games on mafiascum but I'm taking the concept a little further because I'm prioritizing the teaching aspect and not simply the experience of playing. (Also because I've started playing there and while it is a good option with many ganes available I still greatly prefer this site and don't want the mafia subforum to die).
Major BuJaber

Postby Skoffin on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 am

I have a super, more amazingly skoffin idea: I run a game where I train new and old players how to play like Skoffin.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:14 am

Eew, no
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:30 am

Vote: Skoffin
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TeeGee on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:42 am

How about this..

You guys might not be interested in CC credits, but we have over 6000 players on this website who are.. How about you set up some training games, shoot me links.. I will advertise the links on our announcements, advertise them on the main CC page, advertise them on the CC facebook page and give credits as prizes for the winner and also a few credits to each rookie who joins..

That way we are promoting that we have mafia games here and may just attract a new breed of player.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Return to Mafia Discussions