Conquer Club

***Finn Rock Fallout*** -- Game Over ~ Infected Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

***Finn Rock Fallout*** -- Game Over ~ Infected Win

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:44 pm

Standard Rules

Below are the rules as often used in Mafia games, borrowed from numerous Moderators in addition to a few new entries of my own creation (**Noted by the asterisks**). **Beware that any of these rules may change or fluctuate during game play, and you will be notified via Announcement in the game thread**

1. This game is moderated by me (AndyDufresne), I am the law. Whatever I say goes. If I make a mistake Iā€™ll do my best to fix it. All roles will be given out randomly.

2. **Do not quote any PMs you receive from the Mod. The only things you may post (loosely paraphrasing) are your roles (and anything associated with them), win condition, and alignment, during the active game. Once the game has concluded, feel free to post the rest of your personal information.

3. **If you forget your role, or you delete it, that is your own fault. I suggest not doing either.

4. All ā€˜votesā€™ and ā€˜unvotesā€™ must be in bold. If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Guybrush Threepwood)

5. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, and once the majority has been reached any and all unvotes will not be counted.

6. Once your death scene has been posted, you are dead. You can no longer post anything revealing or of substance. Whining is alright, **Voices from beyond the grave** are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed.

7. You may vote ā€˜no lynchā€™ to end the day without a death.

8. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you may do so.

9. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.

10. Day scenes I write will be fun and comical, donā€™t read too far into them. No clues or game information will be hidden in the text.

11. **Joking in the thread is fine, but donā€™t let it get carried away and take over as spam.

12. Be attentive and active in the game. If I see you are not posting at all, I will prod all those who are inactive. If there is no timely response, you will be replaced.

13. **Each game ā€˜dayā€™ will not last more than FOUR 24 hour days. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the fourth 24 hour day, a ā€˜no lynchā€™ will be forced, sending the game into the night phase.

14. **Similar, each game ā€˜nightā€™ will not last more than THREE 24 hour days. I will remind all those who have night choices when the deadline is near. If at the end of the third 24 hour day I have not received your night choice, you will have lost your choice action (I.E. for mafia, there would be a ā€˜no killā€™, etc).

15. **If you have any questions about whether you should or shouldnā€™t do something, or just need some clarification, feel free to PM me.
Last edited by AndyDufresne on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Finn Rock Fallout

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:25 am

Finn Rock Fallout

Finn Rock was a meager town of fair populationā€”that is for North Dakota. It wasnā€™t a bustling metropolis but it did have a few big city amenities that attracted a slim number of tourists and new residents. In particular, a couple dozen newlyweds flocked to Finn Rock every year to rent a room at the Rock Ridge Inn, at the edge of Finn Rock, upon which the town was built and named after. Finn Rock was a town of breath taking views. From all sides save the south, cliffs descended for nearly fifty feet. The main and only road into Finn Rock snarled its way up the southern rock face. Finn Rock was a gem of a town that is until all hell broke loose.

In 1989, the C-H-I pandemic was spreading from end to end across the world. CHI or Chimp-Human Infection was a fatal hema-infection spread through any blood contact with infected chimps to humans. The FDA and the WHO looked to scientists for a cure or vaccine. Since the early 1980ā€™s, a few medicines have made their way to market, unfortunately most were unable to have a lasting effect. But in the late months of 1989 that would all change. Perdition Pharmaceuticals Corp. released a revolutionary vaccine to combat CHI, named CHI-Xi113r. This new vaccine never underwent human testing due to the demanding market. Perdition Corp. rushed the vaccine through animal testing, and it seemed to pass with flying colors. On December 21st Perdition Corp. mass released the vaccine as a preventive measure against CHI. Within hours of its release and sale to the world public, local carrier stores were ransacked and pilfered. It is estimated that during the first day of release 50,000,000 people in the United States, and 700,000,000 people world wide bought or received CHI-Xi113r. Unfortunately due to the lack of human testing, an unknown side effect was discovered. Anyone who used the vaccine as a preventive measure reversely developed an even more fatal and contagious new strain, CHI-2, without coming in contact with any infected CHI persons or animals. Regarding those who were already diagnosed with CHIā€”it sped up the lethal process. Mass hysteria spread throughout the world as those with the new strain desperately looked to governments, world organizations, and faith groups for guidance. None of the groups mentioned above wanted anything to do with the new strain of the disease. Countries closed their borders, cities and towns shut down, militaries sent out broadcasts that anyone found outside would be shot on sight. It was nearly impossible to know who was infected, without coming in contact with the person; only in death would the infectious signs show on the body. This prompted a mass exodus from the urban areas of the United States to the rural inland. For days the less densely populated Midwest regions watched as those infected with CHI-2 traveled from either coast.

And thus we arrive back at little Finn Rock, North Dakota. A week earlier some of the infected from the coasts traveled to Finn Rock. Many of the townspeople came in accidental contact with the infected thus they became infected themselves. It seems that after a week of being infected with CHI-2 the mental state of any infected person changes. They no longer seek help and develop a maddening rage which flourishes and awakes during the dark hours. Finn Rock shut down. Survivor colonies sprouted and popped up throughout the town. Various stores, homes, and other buildings were barricaded making secure safe-houses. One survivor colony in particular has split into three groups which guard three areas of great interest. A few survivors are guarding the local Finn Rock Memorial Hospital, others are garrisoned in the Finn Rock Generator Complex, and still others are stationed at the Finn Rock Broadcast Towers. The town must survive this infectious fallout in Finn Rock.

'Surviving':
  • Bogusbet (CHI-2 Infected)
  • Freetymes (CHI-2 Infected)
  • moz976 (CHI-2 Infected)
'Deceased':
  • autoload (Healthy -- Cop)
  • Backglass (Healthy -- Unlocked Deputy)
  • AK_iceman (CHI-2 Infected -- Two Face)
  • supercram (Healthy -- Mason)
  • dussle (Healthy -- Doctor)
  • dagreatbroomhead (Healthy -- Trigger)
  • Master Bush (Healthy -- Mason)
  • trestain (Healthy -- CHI-1 Miller)
  • wicked (Healthy)
  • HoussamTheGreat (Healthy)
  • Xenhu (Healthy -- Locked Role)
  • reverend_kyle (Healthy -- Mason)
  • Machiavelli (Healthy)

Replacements:
  • Senfive
  • P Gizzle
Last edited by AndyDufresne on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:12 am

Night

Roles have been sent out today. No talking in this thread until I announce daybreak. Everyone with a night action please send a PM with your decisions. Then we can get the Day up and going!

Also, please make sure to review the rules!

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:44 pm

Day One

The early morning sun rises and bathes poor Finn Rock in its cleansing rays. The survivors in each of the outposts cautiously decide to proceed from beyond the protective building barriers. A few of the survivor colonies radio one another an agree to meet up at small park of the Town Center. The Broadcast Towers radio the other survivor colonies, but no answer is heard from. Backglass and Houssam decide to head toward the North of the town for a reconnaissance mission. Freetymes and trestain agree to head to the West; Dussle and Dagreatbroomhead head off in the East; Wicked and Machiavelli reluctantly agree to head South, the most dangerous option out of all the missions. After thirty minutes of careful search, each of the groups reports back. It seems all the other survivor colonies of Finn Rock haven't faired so well during the night. Wicked and Mach report that the police barricades used to block the town off from further infectious immigration seems to have worked, for now at least. In the distance, a hundred or so yards away from the Town Center, a few bodies rest in the street, torn to many pieces. Bogusbet daintily walks down to the mass of flesh, but doesn't recognize anyone. After a few more reports come in from other teams that scouted Finn Rock, it seems the only survivor colonies left unaffected are those of the Broadcast Towers, Generator Complex, and the Memorial Hospital, each without a reported death luckily. The remaining townspeople of Finn Rock all huddle together in the Town Center, listening to next few plans of action, as the sun rises higher and higher into the warm blue sky ocean.

Now lets get the day going!

--Andy

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:48 pm

\:D/ w00t!! no deaths!!!
Major wicked

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:51 pm

So what did people with night roles do then?

why was the thread locked for them?
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby supercram on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:54 pm

someone probably role blocked or protected someone.
Lieutenant supercram

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Psst, I just had the thread locked to stop senseless spam. ;)

--Andy

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:01 pm

Whats wrong with senseless spam? thats what makes it fun..lol.

anyways, wow, no deaths leads us with no leads..
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 pm

WOW! Now what I was expecting. But as the first day doesnt give us much to go off of anyway, then I guess one less townie death just makes it easier for us to win. :D
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:07 pm

supercram wrote:someone probably role blocked or protected someone.

Or maybe its part of the story and the infections take awhile to kill people so it's impossible for someone to die the first day? Perhaps there could be a delayed reaction to the deaths. :?:

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:08 pm

Everytime I glance at his posts it looks like he edited it because of his signature. :lol:

Postby supercram on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 pm

AK_iceman wrote:

Everytime I glance at his posts it looks like he edited it because of his signature. :lol:

nah, no editing. speak up everybody. maybe we should all share a fun fact about ourselves?
Lieutenant supercram

mafia

Postby trestain on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:14 pm

No death = no lynch (surely, i know im new to this game but.)

But RK we should think about what sort of player would not kill anyone on the first night.

Thats all we have to go on at this time
Battles are won by slaughter and manoeuvre. The greater the general, the more he contributes in manoeuvre, the less he demands in slaughter.
Winston Churchill
Sergeant 1st Class trestain

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:14 pm

I'm guessing it's either a new Andy twist, an intentional move by the "mafia" for some reason we don't know b/c of the newness of this type of game, or the doc blocked.

Now with the 3 separate "colonies", will that affect anything? Does anyone have any new twists to their roles that they can reveal now (w/o fear of a mafia strike)??
Major wicked

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:15 pm

I think I can safely reveal that Andy gave me a womans role. :oops:

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:17 pm

HAHAHA! ak is a chick!.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby supercram on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:18 pm

wicked wrote:I'm guessing it's either a new Andy twist, an intentional move by the "mafia" for some reason we don't know b/c of the newness of this type of game, or the doc blocked.

Now with the 3 separate "colonies", will that affect anything? Does anyone have any new twists to their roles that they can reveal now (w/o fear of a mafia strike)??

i think we are all in teh town center now. the colonies separation the first night might be what kept us alive.
Lieutenant supercram

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:19 pm

dude! I totally got a man's role! no fair!

ooh that reminds me.... when I was mafia last time, we were given the option to "link" players right off the bat (first night). Perhaps something like that happened here as well, but backfired? OR perhaps we have totally noob mafia...lol.
Major wicked

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:20 pm

What does "link" players mean?

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:20 pm

p.s... I love how Andy likes to pair me with certain people! :lol:
Major wicked

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:22 pm

wicked wrote:p.s... I love how Andy likes to pair me with certain people! :lol:

And what does this mean? Are you mafia and you got an interesting mafia team? :wink:

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:25 pm

no, I drove away last time with Marv and this time I was paired with Mach in the day scene...lol.
Major wicked

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:26 pm

Oh... talking about the day scenes.. :roll:

Postby trestain on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:26 pm

wicked wrote:

Are we all from the same colony?

can't hurt to make sure,
Battles are won by slaughter and manoeuvre. The greater the general, the more he contributes in manoeuvre, the less he demands in slaughter.
Winston Churchill
Sergeant 1st Class trestain

Next

Return to Mafia Archives