Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:
vodean wrote:actually, what makes more sense is that rishaed asked about me. that is what changes people's sanity, according to my role PM.

/ worded it ambiguously, but he already confirmed me the insanity applies to the asker.

Was the question you asked the 3rd out of a list of 5?
I got no N2 info from Yog-Sothoth that punished me with D3 insanity/PR.
I've never said I was Yoshi-human.
Rodion, these 3 posts don't work together. Either the first two statements are accurate, or the last one is, or you are part of Commander's faction.

Which is it?
I have a role other than "Human" but still have the (same?) ability to ask questions of Yog-Shoggoth. It is not exclusive to "Human"s.
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm

jak111 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Another contradiction. Nice one spiesr.

^ This is an obvious skimmer.

jak111 wrote:Fasposted twice. SO you contradict yourself.. One quote says Elder God other says Great Old One.. Get you claim right scum.

Fasposted by Rodion, I think we nailed him fake claiming.

Me and others have pointed out his changing of stories.

As far as your claim goes Ghostly, well, you seem to have admitted to being the enemy. So good game, though busting Rishaed like that with you isn't cool bud.

and for all the shit talking being talked about I'd like to think I'm keeping my cool in this game (well since it's an official game, I gotta act official) 8-) But deep down inside, I really wish to call people out on their fake claims >.< But I got my cool in check this game and that was a low blow Doom putting my name on that small list of people, I'd like to think I can be civil when I don't need to be blunt with people.

But Ghostly, if you pop Elder Thing, there's two things I must know 1.) Why gamethrow bud? You could have pulled off a fake claim like Elder God is different or something. 2.) ARE YOU THE MAFIA?

and my third question is to everyone. Is Elder God and Elder Thing the same thing???

Also, if Ghostly pops Elder Thing and they are indeed our enemy, Vodean earned some cred with this find.

Just because he is the same alignment, doesnt mean he is with me. I did not receive a notification telling me he is with me, therefore he is not. He only shares my WC. So though he could have still won, it would not be a victory for me. So me ratting on him was simply doing a good deed. The fact you think I busted him only shows the ignorance I have been complaining about this whole time, because it only shows that you seem to have forgotten all about him.

Lol at you asking for more info.
1) I know I could have pulled it off. But lets face it, I was complaining about ignorance and basically quit. They wouldnt believe me.
2) I wont answer.
3) I have no idea honestly. I am guessing they are not since..well, I will let you go back and read.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm

jak111 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Another contradiction. Nice one spiesr.

^ This is an obvious skimmer.

jak111 wrote:Fasposted twice. SO you contradict yourself.. One quote says Elder God other says Great Old One.. Get you claim right scum.

Fasposted by Rodion, I think we nailed him fake claiming.

Me and others have pointed out his changing of stories.

As far as your claim goes Ghostly, well, you seem to have admitted to being the enemy. So good game, though busting Rishaed like that with you isn't cool bud.

and for all the shit talking being talked about I'd like to think I'm keeping my cool in this game (well since it's an official game, I gotta act official) 8-) But deep down inside, I really wish to call people out on their fake claims >.< But I got my cool in check this game and that was a low blow Doom putting my name on that small list of people, I'd like to think I can be civil when I don't need to be blunt with people.

But Ghostly, if you pop Elder Thing, there's two things I must know 1.) Why gamethrow bud? You could have pulled off a fake claim like Elder God is different or something. 2.) ARE YOU THE MAFIA?

and my third question is to everyone. Is Elder God and Elder Thing the same thing???

Also, if Ghostly pops Elder Thing and they are indeed our enemy, Vodean earned some cred with this find.

Jak, ghostly has no affiliation with Rishaed. Rishaed needed to complete ghostly's WC to win. Ghostly did not need Rishaed, so while it is harsh, its not too much to worry about to him. He didnt throw the game, he realized he was in a hole too deep and gave up the chase. He is a killing faction and considering there hasnt been anyone different killing (as far as scenes go for listing the confirmed killers), and Elder Gods and Elder Things are not the same. They fight each other from what I understand.

fp
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 pm

So are you similar in the Semi-Joat role? If not I'm wondering what exactly the distinction is. WC? maybe? Is one strictly town and the other Survivors?
fp. . .
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Wow, this is a lot to process.

I have replaced sully and I want to confirm that I am a normal human.

Seems pretty clear to me that ghostly is not town. he has essentially admitted it.

vote ghostly

fastposted a bunch

my guess is that an elder god is an elder thing but an elder thing isn't necessarily and elder god. kinda like how a square is a rhombus but a rhombus isnt a square

fastposted again

spiesr, when you say your role is not "human", do you mean you are not a human or is there an adjective to describe what type of human you are?

jesus christ i've been fastposted again. could you guys slow down and give a brother a chance to catch up?
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm

@ Rodion (and anyone else interested) ... where I made an error is here.

I voted Nendreel here.

I unvoted here.

It was Betico that said I had claimed human here and I let that ride - perhaps I should not have.

But what I said was that I didn't believe Nendreel based on my PM. The issue has come up time and again - and that relates to powers. I visited Nendreel (as I did pancakemix) and the PM result I got on Nendreel was inconsistent with what he said. But that's enough about that for today!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

spiesr wrote:I have a role other than "Human" but still have the (same?) ability to ask questions of Yog-Shoggoth. It is not exclusive to "Human"s.

This, meaning you cannot draw early conclusions about my full role.
General Rodion

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Vote Ghostly

Pretty straight forward really. He has admitted to lying regardless of why he choose to lie.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Vote Ghostly

Pretty straight forward really. He has admitted to lying regardless of why he choose to lie.

... He admitted to being an Elder Thing, which unless they are a group of vigs, are at least a 3rd party killing faction, which cant be that great.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Rodion wrote:I still want to hear more from Hippo and Commander (who apparently found someone else with a weird role), but at this point I find it hard to believe you'll make it to N4, Ghostly. Botching a roleclaim is a big deal to me and most people, and you've managed to do it twice (Elder God and town WC when you're claiming Great Old One and survivor).

Also, Jak's list is wrong. VS has claimed human and that is not on the list, Safari has claimed "town human", PCM is not a member of Commander's group and I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

you asked vodean which of the 5 questions he asked yog when you couldn't possibly know about that. I'd be really surprised if you are not, unless you are yog himself.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 pm

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:yes... how the hell did you get that type of specific info vode? i think yog wouldn't give that much intel.. Is it the other type of wierd thingy? Also can someone give a better explanation about elder gods, are they directly lovecraft related or lovecraft inspired? from what i understood on wiki they are lovecraft inspired and therefore shouldn't be in this game? I feel alone in this overwhelming lovecraft universe i don't understand!
I thought you were a "Human", shouldn't you know that one of the things that can be asked of Yog-Sothoth is a player's alignment? I assume that this is what Vodean's revelation stems from, but he needs to stop being incoherent and confirm it. if you had followed better, I did ask for a player's alignment earlier in this game and i shared the intel. It was no way as descriptive as this, which would be more asking about the role of a player, not an alignment and I don't think asking that would give something as descriptive either. Hence my surprise and questions regarding where it comes from. Doesn't look nice or we have slightly different roles and vode has more powers..?
Note to ghostly: This thing which appears to be a claimed action from Vodean will be the primary factor if you are lynched today.
That said, saying contradictory things like this:
ghostly447 wrote:I win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
When you are claiming to be a survivor doesn't help your case. There is no good reason for you not to be able to keep your win condition straight.
ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Also, doesn't the part about "alone" not make much sense when paired with all that stuff you said about your followers yesterday? You can't be alone and also a member of a faction like that, can you?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 am

sorry about the previous posts, I was catching up. Ok so interesting, not only "yoshi humans" can ask yog for stuff... does that mean spiesr and rodion have the same role?

other thing: who has been a captive mind? rodion and pancake twice? rodion knows commander is an alien and it's the first time I hear that.

and last but not least unvote vote ghostly. Dude, you've really acted wierd since day 1 and you've been digging a 6 feet whole since yesterday.
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:40 am

thehippo8 wrote:I visited Nendreel (as I did pancakemix) and the PM result I got on Nendreel was inconsistent with what he said. But that's enough about that for today!

Did you catch him in a lie? Regardless of the answer, please elaborate.

betiko wrote:other thing: who has been a captive mind? rodion and pancake twice? rodion knows commander is an alien and it's the first time I hear that.

N1 - Lovo + PCM + ???
N2 - Saf + PCM + Rodion
N3 - Saf + Edoc + ???

I don't know whether the failed possession on Strike made one of them powerless for the day or whether they got to keep their previous body (which would explain someone still inhabiting Saf). Depending on the mechanics, the N3 ??? can be a failed attempt on Strike Wolf or an unknown player.

I guessed alien because /'s PM releasing me from being a captive mind mentioned an alien city.

Guys, if Ghostly has not yet been hammered, could you please not rush the lynch? There are a lot of things that should be discussed. We don't want people dying N4 without releasing valuable information because some people rushed the hammer. Examples of things I'd like to discuss today are:

1 - Did Hippo catch Nendreel lying?
2 - If Vodean knew Ghostly's alignment due to his night action, how come didn't Vodean vote Ghostly? The no vote actually made me think Vodean was guessing/deducting Ghostly's WC, as someone with clear evidence of a lie would have posted something like this:
"My NA revealed Ghostly's WC is not survivor (he has to kill whatever in order to win). Ghostly lied. LAL. Vote Ghostly."
In the end, Ghostly confessed and everything is going to end up well, but I still want to understand if Vodean used a NA in order to catch Ghostly and, if so, why didn't he vote Ghostly in his last post.
3 - The end of Vodean's PR also bugs me. He went insane for asking a mid-tier question (track) and then got cured after asking the riskiest one (cop)? Wasn't his PR permanent, unlike Jonty's?
4 - How did Commander know Kanin's abilities if his mind was never captured?
General Rodion

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 am

Rodion wrote:4 - How did Commander know Kanin's abilities if his mind was never captured?

Woah. I'm sorry, this is a ton to read from this morning. I'm trying to catch up and absorb it all, but a ton has gone on. Where/when did he say he knows my ability? Did he specifically state it, or just say he knew it. Sorry, once again trying to catch up before I go to bed.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 am

things incomprehensible to beings should not be explained.

i am still insane. i am not saying that anyone understands my insanity fully.
Rodion wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I visited Nendreel (as I did pancakemix) and the PM result I got on Nendreel was inconsistent with what he said. But that's enough about that for today!

betiko wrote:other thing: who has been a captive mind? rodion and pancake twice? rodion knows commander is an alien and it's the first time I hear that.

N1 - Lovo + PCM + ???
N2 - Saf + PCM + Rodion
N3 - Saf + Edoc + ???

I don't know whether the failed possession on Strike made one of them powerless for the day or whether they got to keep their previous body (which would explain someone still inhabiting Saf). Depending on the mechanics, the N3 ??? can be a failed attempt on Strike Wolf or an unknown player.

I guessed alien because /'s PM releasing me from being a captive mind mentioned an alien city.

Guys, if Ghostly has not yet been hammered, could you please not rush the lynch? There are a lot of things that should be discussed. We don't want people dying N4 without releasing valuable information because some people rushed the hammer. Examples of things I'd like to discuss today are:

2 - If Vodean knew Ghostly's alignment due to his night action, how come didn't Vodean vote Ghostly? The no vote actually made me think Vodean was guessing/deducting Ghostly's WC, as someone with clear evidence of a lie would have posted something like this:
"My NA revealed Ghostly's WC is not survivor (he has to kill whatever in order to win). Ghostly lied. LAL. Vote Ghostly."
In the end, Ghostly confessed and everything is going to end up well, but I still want to understand if Vodean used a NA in order to catch Ghostly and, if so, why didn't he vote Ghostly in his last post.
3 - The end of Vodean's PR also bugs me. He went insane for asking a mid-tier question (track) and then got cured after asking the riskiest one (cop)? Wasn't his PR permanent, unlike Jonty's?

cop is not the riskiest question. My PM does not say that Ghostly was fighting anything other than Elder and Outer Gods.
i did ask yog sogoth for information. rishaed is scum. player X is scum, and by my guess, alive. kanin may have been captured. we dont know for sure.

Nendreel, one of the scummiest people of D2, has been caught in a lie. my best option for a lynch (assuming no new info, so this is kinda irrelevant) on D6 after ghostly and rishaed, who are both confirmed scum. did i not vote ghostly? i am happy to hammer, in that case. i was in a rush when i posted earlier today.
fp kanin
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 am

vodean wrote:things incomprehensible to beings should not be explained.

i am still insane. i am not saying that anyone understands my insanity fully.
Rodion wrote:

N1 - Lovo + PCM + ???
N2 - Saf + PCM + Rodion
N3 - Saf + Edoc + ???

cop is not the riskiest question. My PM does not say that Ghostly was fighting anything other than Elder and Outer Gods.
i did ask yog sogoth for information. rishaed is scum. player X is scum, and by my guess, alive. kanin may have been captured. we dont know for sure.

Nendreel, one of the scummiest people of D2, has been caught in a lie. my best option for a lynch (assuming no new info, so this is kinda irrelevant) on D6 after ghostly and rishaed, who are both confirmed scum. did i not vote ghostly? i am happy to hammer, in that case. i was in a rush when i posted earlier today.
fp kanin

Here I am laughing. I put my head on a chopping block for you and you decide that its good to pick up the ax for everyone. And no I am NOT scum, if your memory is corrected i am a "Human" with a WC change. My role didn't suddenly change because of that. Anyways why should we trust your information if you are now insane. Technically speaking, i had asked / in the beginning of the game and it also said that the information that you are likely to get CAN be insane, so technically not true. Just some thoughts that i had forgot about.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:59 am

Yes Rishaed but the only way for you to win is for the bad guys to achieve their win condition. You no longer have a vested interest in helping anyone else. If you were once the foot soldier for Town you are now a foot soldier for Ghostly. I suspect your win condition is tied to Team Ghostly not just Ghostly.

Either way you slice it you are now a huge liability.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 am

Tja, seems however the one i sacrificed to help will be my downfall neh? What a shame, I was actually hoping that things would work out differently. Remind me next time not to stop a lynch on vodean k?

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:18 am

rishaed wrote:Tja, seems however the one i sacrificed to help will be my downfall neh? What a shame, I was actually hoping that things would work out differently. Remind me next time not to stop a lynch on vodean k?

its not my fault you worshipped scum...
Sergeant vodean

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:24 am

I think that for us normal humans, we either need to survive or to fulfill the unknown WC of the person we decide to worship. I'm going to ask / again because that's the way I understood it.
This would mean rishaed's win condition has been revealed by vodean (so you confirm that yog gave you that much details??) and he will try to kill elder and outer gods; but if he doesn't succeed yet survives he also wins. Yet, it seems like a dangerous role as i would imagine elder and outer gods are good guys? but I just wanted to add this to say that by surviving in my understanding it's still a win for him. We have so many cases that need to be developped right now, I'd like to hear further developpement on them then we decide priorities..
Rishaed, do you have a killing ability?
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 am

Ask the others they'll tell you, at least im sure vode will

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 am

rishaed wrote:Ask the others they'll tell you, at least im sure vode will

unless you forgot I have the same role than you and vodean; I am just not sure that all the guys with our type of role all have the exact same one, or if there are little differences, I don't know if vodean could have something to do with the undead or something with his day 2 giberish for example.
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:44 am

when all the elder things were seen, they were unseen.

betiko wrote:
rishaed wrote:Ask the others they'll tell you, at least im sure vode will

unless you forgot I have the same role than you and vodean; I am just not sure that all the guys with our type of role all have the exact same one, or if there are little differences, I don't know if vodean could have something to do with the undead or something with his day 2 giberish for example.

im the same as you as far as i know.
Sergeant vodean

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 am

vodean wrote:
show

fp kanin
Vodean, oh Vodean, stop being so incredibly obtuse and incoherent. Give a straight answer to these questions.
What is the question that you asked?
What is the answer you got?
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am

vote ghostly for the inconsistency in his claim.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives