Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Five

Postby Rodion on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Commander9 wrote:@ Rodion - I had the similar idea, yes. I don't see any reason why anyone should dislike us and we keep providing and feeding information. Care to explain your masonage, tho?

I can't, really. I'm guessing this person "slept" and randomly got masoned with me. Or something.
General Rodion

Postby jak111 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Commander9 wrote:I want to call bullshit, but before I do, few questions:
I) Who did you mason on other nights?
II) Your identity with your victory condition doesn't really make sense... Your mind invasion fail doesn't make much sense either.
III) You've hidden on N1 behind me? Why? I wasn't too active and it was likely that I'd be targeted...
IV) Furthermore, if you find your enemy would be an instant death, why would you keep on bouncing to different people?

In case you have trouble keeping up with things since you post only once in a while.
I) Can only talk to someone ONCE in the game and you were it. Whether you believe me or not about the Elder Gods is up to you, but they seem to be the killing faction out there.
II) As far as I gather the Outer Gods and Elder Gods went to war, considering I'm the only Outer God so far in the game it makes since why no one else seems to be against them like I am. The mind invasion fail is a mystery to me as well, I can only speculate, heck, perhaps you can only take over human's minds if that's all you've been doing this ENTIRE game. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you haven't taken over a single god's mind yet, so that may be a factor and limitation to your abilities.
III) You seemed inactive, correct, making you a safer target, scum can win against those who aren't active enough to put up a fight, so they take out the active ones first.
IV) Like I've said, I can't hide behind the same person twice. So why not keep bouncing? It seems to help clear people from being an Elder God in the first place. Another question would be, why do you care if I die? Wouldn't that just bring you closer to your goal or are you and your faction hiding something from the rest of us?
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:26 pm

jak111 wrote:
II) Your identity with your victory condition doesn't really make sense... Your mind invasion fail doesn't make much sense either.
III) You've hidden on N1 behind me? Why? I wasn't too active and it was likely that I'd be targeted...
IV) Furthermore, if you find your enemy would be an instant death, why would you keep on bouncing to different people?

In case you have trouble keeping up with things since you post only once in a while.
I) Can only talk to someone ONCE in the game and you were it. Whether you believe me or not about the Elder Gods is up to you, but they seem to be the killing faction out there.
II) As far as I gather the Outer Gods and Elder Gods went to war, considering I'm the only Outer God so far in the game it makes since why no one else seems to be against them like I am. The mind invasion fail is a mystery to me as well, I can only speculate, heck, perhaps you can only take over human's minds if that's all you've been doing this ENTIRE game. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you haven't taken over a single god's mind yet, so that may be a factor and limitation to your abilities.
III) You seemed inactive, correct, making you a safer target, scum can win against those who aren't active enough to put up a fight, so they take out the active ones first.
IV) Like I've said, I can't hide behind the same person twice. So why not keep bouncing? It seems to help clear people from being an Elder God in the first place. Another question would be, why do you care if I die? Wouldn't that just bring you closer to your goal or are you and your faction hiding something from the rest of us?

sorry i might have missed something but how are you so sure that you are the only elder god and that for example hippo or swifte aren't? why are you so sure of your loneliness?
Major betiko

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five NEED RESERVES

Postby new guy1 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Also, we have taken over more then just humans, hence the lynching of LoVo. He was not human, and so we can see that we can take over more then just humans. Also, you dying would get us to our goal of surviving, and I dont know why comm9 is getting into the case, besides the fact that we do not know your identity for sure, and so he would like to get to the bottom of it through more instigating.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:39 pm

jak111 wrote:IV) Like I've said, I can't hide behind the same person twice. So why not keep bouncing? It seems to help clear people from being an Elder God in the first place. Another question would be, why do you care if I die? Wouldn't that just bring you closer to your goal or are you and your faction hiding something from the rest of us?

Wait, what?

This is mafia, right? The game where hiding information is part of the KEY TO WINNING THE GAME. Of course we're not telling you everything. Comm9 made that extremely clear in the very beginning: We're telling the population information we find that they may or may not have an interest in using. But frankly, I think we've given everyone enough that we shouldn't have to prove anything else. We've been extremely forthcoming, far more forthcoming than I personally thought we should be. Hell, I was all for not coming forward at all. New guy and I had very differing opinions on what our general strategy should be, and Comm has been straddling the line between both of us.

Like I said originally, you guys can use our information in whatever way you find fit. If you are what you say you are jak, then I'm sorry for outing you in this way, but it was too good a piece of information to pass up once new guy and myself were found out.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Commander9 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:57 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I know who killed me because / told me.

I wonder who the Byakhee are then?

Why would he tell you that, especially if he knew you were being revived? Wouldn't that a bit game-breaking? Any chances of addressing other concerns?

new guy1 wrote:Well, now that Comm9 gave away our race, I would assume that if one of us dies tonight then we have people wanting to kill us. Considering we are from the future though, I cannot see any reason why we would have enemies in this quarrel.

fastposted.

By now, if we do have enemies, they'd already have figured out that we are that group, so we might as well maximize this situation, since we are revealed anyways.

rishaed wrote:It sounded by flavor from the last Night scene that perhaps the Byhakee are after the Necromicon? That is just an assumption however, nothing concrete. Well considering that A. Comm9 backs up Jak on the Masoning, but is attacking him im not sure about cult recruiter, however He's not voting Jak even with agreement of Jak being the highest priority today. Just a side note, I'm wondering if / gave scum Fake claims, ghostly seems to have made his up and botched it, while LoVo didn't even claim anything. However it wouldn't be to hard to fake claim just about any of the roles that have been out there except for Comm9's group.

Ask any mafia veteran who has played with me - I am normally quite stingy as far as my votes go and I tend to not throw my votes unless I'm absolutely certain or unless I'm fine with discussion that was done and I feel that we can move on OR I want to put pressure (very rare).

Rodion wrote:
Commander9 wrote:@ Rodion - I had the similar idea, yes. I don't see any reason why anyone should dislike us and we keep providing and feeding information. Care to explain your masonage, tho?

I can't, really. I'm guessing this person "slept" and randomly got masoned with me. Or something.

Meh.. Seems a bit out of the ordinary, but humans do have the ability for a random effect through sleep, so lets go with that. Were you masoned with a "human"?

jak111 wrote:

I would say I've been keeping up-to-date, even if I don't post all the time.

I) I may have missed it, but I guess I then understood things a bit differently during our conversation - my bad. Still, this makes me really curious why me as we both know already that it didn't end up all that fruitful.

II) Again, just because you may be an enemy of my enemy, does not mean you are our friend... You can just easily our enemy as well. Umm... Skimming? How do you think we ousted LoVo? :)

III) But I am a quite often target due to my reputation... But fine, I'll let this one go.

IV) But why would you risk your winning position if you are a survivor? I understand us since we can still win as long as one of us survive and we are under no threat, but you have much more to lose. No, we have nothing to do - I technically do not care either. However, I do tend to stay somewhat active even as a survivor and I am merely inquiring to know a little more about you :)

Kanin Usagi wrote:Wait, what?

This is mafia, right? The game where hiding information is part of the KEY TO WINNING THE GAME. Of course we're not telling you everything. Comm9 made that extremely clear in the very beginning: We're telling the population information we find that they may or may not have an interest in using. But frankly, I think we've given everyone enough that we shouldn't have to prove anything else. We've been extremely forthcoming, far more forthcoming than I personally thought we should be. Hell, I was all for not coming forward at all. New guy and I had very differing opinions on what our general strategy should be, and Comm has been straddling the line between both of us.

Like I said originally, you guys can use our information in whatever way you find fit. If you are what you say you are jak, then I'm sorry for outing you in this way, but it was too good a piece of information to pass up once new guy and myself were found out.

This. We are not saying that we know you are scum or that we know your role - quite the opposite, in fact. However, you were an anomaly and since we have been ousted anyways, we might as well throw another point of the puzzle. Obviously, we can't and we won't reveal anything (even if I'd be lynched, I'd not say some things) as we are valuable source and unless people would go specifically after us, which would be quite dumb considering there is still likely cult and killing roles out there, we should be able to survive. We don't really pose a threat to anyone as per say and we know quite a bit, so it is not a good idea to alienate us. I am here to again specify to sole goal of our faction is to survive, so as long as we are not threatened, we won't do any mean surprises to anyone either...
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby jak111 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 am

betiko wrote:sorry i might have missed something but how are you so sure that you are the only elder god and that for example hippo or swifte aren't? why are you so sure of your loneliness?

1.) I am an Outer God, not an Elder God, the two seem to be at war from what the wiki tells me, and comparing that to my wc it makes sense.
2.) Pretty much EVERYONE else has claimed, if any were on the same boat as me at this point they would have come forward, hence, I am the only one of my kind it seems. The Elder Gods is plural, so among the unclaimed I'd said perhaps ONE tops left is an Outer God as well but I doubt it at this point.

It's fine Kanin, luckily I don't have much to hide from the people. At first I was worried and thankful for my perk to be protected from town kills, but it seems like after seeing the roles out so far, mine is not all that great to what I hoped it'd be. What? Protected from 1 or maybe 2 people? Bah, I would rather be protected from Elder God kills since they are my enemy. I'll have to question / after this game is over about this, because the balance seems off to have a single person against a faction while EVERYONE else could just win with that faction :/

But Kanin, I must know, has anyone you've taken over so far been an Elder God? Or can we clear them all from being one? If so, who do you suspect the Elder Gods to be?

Fastposted by Commander9;

II) As far as I'm concerned Lovo wasn't a god, Lovo seems to have been a THING (Pun intended) that had no status compared to a god.
III) I do not know your reputation, but I seem to have survived fine by going with my gut instinct thus far.
IV) Again, I'm doing my best to stay alive and doing what I must to stay there. Once a certain role is out of the way with I will be able to discuss more, but until then, my life is in the hands of doing what I have been doing.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Rodion on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 am

Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:

Meh.. Seems a bit out of the ordinary, but humans do have the ability for a random effect through sleep, so lets go with that. Were you masoned with a "human"?

Perhaps he was a human, but not a Yoshi-human (he's not one of the 7 claimed Yoshi-humans).
General Rodion

Postby jonty125 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:41 am

betiko wrote:jonty are you confirming you are yoshi human? .

I am THE PRINCE OF ARYA! We should be the Aryan humans and your all invited to live in our magnificent city.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:27 pm

jonty125 wrote:

I am THE PRINCE OF ARYA! We should be the Aryan humans and your all invited to live in our magnificent city.

That's an interesting choice of words there Jonty.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm

jonty125 wrote:

Wow. :lol:

I'm iffy on jak's claim. It just sounds... conditional. As far as I know, no one visited me last night, but I wouldn't know that anyway save for info given indirectly by Comm's group.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby / on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 pm

I have a replace lined up, I would personally prefer to replace Swifte first since he directly asked me to replace him, rather than an inactive issue which always has a slight chance to resolve itself.

Is that okay with you all?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:21 pm

/ wrote:I have a replace lined up, I would personally prefer to replace Swifte first since he directly asked me to replace him, rather than an inactive issue which always has a slight chance to resolve itself.

Is that okay with you all?

Sounds good to me.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby vodean on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 pm

after many miles and many ages, things were dead and things were clear
jonty125 wrote:

jonty is hitler. he only wants aryan (arian) humans, and the city is Germany. He needs his leibensraum.

with that out of the way, i just want to say that all of this infighting between pro-town factions is bad for town.
cleared townies (or at least not anti-townies) are:
doom
jak
vodean
comm9
kanin
newguy
jonty (he is still on the cleared list, though i wouldnt be surprised if he were recruited by someone and were now anti-town)

lynch for today (he is confirmed scum):
rishaed. though maybe if he gives up X we wont lynch him today.

people i think we need to focus on:
rodion (he is always there, but he is not a me/yoshi-human), and seems to be very vague on everything
jonty (i dont know what is up with him. he seems to be insane again)
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby edocsil on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Not funny. At all.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jak111 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:29 pm

edocsil wrote:Not funny. At all.

^ ? Care to provide input on this comment?
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:34 pm

jak111 wrote:

^ ? Care to provide input on this comment?

He's probably talking about the Hitler/Nazi comments.

Which I can understand, but its not like Jonty made it very hard. Whether or not any of us said it, we ALL thought it. And after, Comedy = Tragedy x Time.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby rishaed on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 pm

QFT. Germans would take that quite seriously ya know. I used to live there for a year, and teh scars of WWII and the Cold War are still there. So don't be making lame jokes over that period of time.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby pancakemix on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Alright, when it was just jonty's poor turn of phrase, it was mildly amusing, but there's no need to get into Hitler jokes. Let's move it along please.

Well, it seems vodean has started up again. Why, I'm not sure. :lol: Regardless,his list still seems somewhat accurate, despite my concerns about jak. Do we want to go the rishaed route? I thought there might be a lynch of more substance than that (not to say that lynching rishaed would be without substance, but still...).

I vote replace.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby rishaed on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Honestly I find it completely without substance, with basically wasting a lynch on me today. But if everyone's that set on it, there's not much I can say about it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Rodion on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Rishaed is a pretty small fish right now.

I still believe Jak poses the highest risk, with Hippo being a close second.
General Rodion

Postby Commander9 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:40 pm

vodean wrote:jonty is hitler. he only wants aryan (arian) humans, and the city is Germany. He needs his leibensraum.

with that out of the way, i just want to say that all of this infighting between pro-town factions is bad for town.
cleared townies (or at least not anti-townies) are:
doom
jak
vodean
comm9
kanin
newguy
jonty (he is still on the cleared list, though i wouldnt be surprised if he were recruited by someone and were now anti-town)

lynch for today (he is confirmed scum):
rishaed. though maybe if he gives up X we wont lynch him today.

Wait... What? Your joke was not funny and the list is at least somewhat off as well. I would definitely not put either Jonty, nor yourself, nor jak there with I'm not completely clear on doom either...
people i think we need to focus on:
rodion (he is always there, but he is not a me/yoshi-human), and seems to be very vague on everything
jonty (i dont know what is up with him. he seems to be insane again)
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby vodean on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 am

there was an uproar, and then dead silence, for all were.

jak seems to be a townish PR. the elder gods vs outer gods, and all...
doom, may be a slippery fish, but im not sure.

that wasnt a joke. im analyzing jonty's post and ive seen that intentional mispelling before in fictional works describing nazi germany through other stories.
i dont know, but it could be that jonty is giving us some hint at his role. obviously he is not ACTUALLY hitler, but he may have some killing role.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Nendreel on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 am

Well jonty seems to have gained the make stuff up PR as well. I can't find anything that associates Arya or Princes with Lovecraft.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby pancakemix on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 am

Lovecraft died in 1937. I don't think it's about Hitler. :lol:
Epic Win

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives