Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Nendreel on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 am

In a game with potential back to back Days it would make sense for maf to have some vote manipulation abilities to try and cause mislynches in order to compensate for a lack of night kills.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 am

So, IB isn't a mafia double voter, as far as we know, but didnt vode say he was a double voter?

-3 minute interval-

vodean wrote:I am D1. therefore i support the theory that on your day you get to double-vote. i also disagree that only mafia are nights. think about it. if we mislynch, then the mafia kill a townie (day), moving us into another night phase where the mafia kill another day. and so on and so forth. that would only be survivable if town was seriously OP, or if there were a large number of competing scum factions, which would screw town over. so there must be night-townies.

found it.. so vode said there might be double voting each day... but you guys think mafia has some sort of manipulator role going on? So does that mean that if say IB votes his anon on jonty and the mafia can pull it off him and put it on kanin (for example)?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:So, IB isn't a mafia double voter, as far as we know, but didnt vode say he was a double voter?

-3 minute interval-

vodean wrote:I am D1. therefore i support the theory that on your day you get to double-vote. i also disagree that only mafia are nights. think about it. if we mislynch, then the mafia kill a townie (day), moving us into another night phase where the mafia kill another day. and so on and so forth. that would only be survivable if town was seriously OP, or if there were a large number of competing scum factions, which would screw town over. so there must be night-townies.

found it.. so vode said there might be double voting each day... but you guys think mafia has some sort of manipulator role going on? So does that mean that if say IB votes his anon on jonty and the mafia can pull it off him and put it on kanin (for example)?

"I am day 1 therefor I support the theory that on your day you get to double vote."

That is pretty much an admittance of being the day one double voter. He supports the theory because he is day 1. On day one there was a double voter. Why not just come out and say that is what happened?

There is also a difference between a vote manipulater and double voter. All I can do is vote. one regular and one secrete, though I no longer have the right to a secrete vote for obvious reasons. Greg was a vote manipulator as he could suppress a vote.

I have stated before for several reasons, the main one being Dooms disclaimer, that I beleive the game is all about the voting. Im sure there are some night actions but on the whole....
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 pm

jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:2 anon's. Edocsil was prob wrong about his assumption there were no mafia double voters.

Pretty bold statment to make. I'd be surprised if mafia DIDN'T; as there seems to be a lot of vote manipulation roles.

Pretty easy to come about and finally say you think there is a mafia double voter when 90% of the evidence points in that direction.

Pretty bold statment to make. I'd be surprised if mafia DIDN'T; as there seems to be a lot of vote manipulation roles.[/quote]

Nendreel wrote:In a game with potential back to back Days it would make sense for maf to have some vote manipulation abilities to try and cause mislynches in order to compensate for a lack of night kills.

Goes for you too.

Thats not to say I havent been quiet either. I just took it as a possibility throughout the entire game and finally have proof that its (more than likely, not positive) 3rd party, or mafia.

Moving on.

pancakemix wrote:
edocsil wrote:You are right bet critisism =/= vote. I will vote PCM for placing a vote on that ludicris case vs IB

Beg pardon? He said his vote would go one way, an anonymus vote went another way. Who's to say he was even responsible for that vote? You yourself suggested the possibility of a scum double voter yesterday, so I can't see you having a mind to doubt the possibility. That's not even accounting for the whole PM business, which is a serious breach of the rules and I'm surprised no warning or modkill was handed down.

At this point, it can't be denied that he's got a double vote with the vote on betiko, but he could still be scum (again, your own suggestion opens up that possibility). Granted, that doesn't make it fact, but it doesn't discount it. Unless, that is, you know something we don't. Matter of fact, it seems odd to me you're just willing to follow simply because his vote exists.

@IB: You keep saying "when there was no need to". Why would you say there was no need? Scum always have need of town cred. That's ridiculous to suggest that there would be no value in bussing a scummate.

Call it a gut feeling, but the first part of this post doesnt sit right with me. This just seems to be more of a post of "Well mafia got the shit end of the stick there. A modkill should have probably taken place because it was earned, and now I am being pressured and need to throw attention away right quick". Honestly, I was thinking it was an off post when I first read it, wanted to wait for a bit to see if it still didnt sit right, and just now remembered to go back and look. It still doesnt sit right, but for now I will only FOS PCM because it is not a defend able point.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:So, IB isn't a mafia double voter, as far as we know, but didnt vode say he was a double voter?

-3 minute interval-

"I am day 1 therefor I support the theory that on your day you get to double vote."

That is pretty much an admittance of being the day one double voter. He supports the theory because he is day 1. On day one there was a double voter. Why not just come out and say that is what happened?

There is also a difference between a vote manipulater and double voter. All I can do is vote. one regular and one secrete, though I no longer have the right to a secrete vote for obvious reasons. Greg was a vote manipulator as he could suppress a vote.

I have stated before for several reasons, the main one being Dooms disclaimer, that I beleive the game is all about the voting. Im sure there are some night actions but on the whole....

I don't know about that, after the scene I just came up with that idea but it doesn't seem to fit anymore with you being day 6 and a "natural" double voter and no extra vote for your day (unless you do have 3 votes today and the anons come from you? unlikely)
I thought with the day 1 double vote that on your day, your vote would count double in spite of you. I think it was just a coincidence regarding vodean, as the double vote mechanic seem to be something you pm doom about and also that you can place your 2 votes on 2 different people. But maybe the 2 double voters have different mechanics..
If vodean double voted on day 1 I don't think it was intentional.
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:35 pm

god. for people who love to insult my intelligence, you arent very bright. i was not in control of my second vote. i said this. if it was me, and im not sure it was, it was placed automatically on the person i was voting. once we get a vote count confirming IB's votes as being on two different people i will unvote. untill then we have not seen that IB is a true double-voter, and regardless we dont know that he is town.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:00 pm

vodean wrote:god. for people who love to insult my intelligence, you arent very bright. i was not in control of my second vote. i said this. if it was me, and im not sure it was, it was placed automatically on the person i was voting. once we get a vote count confirming IB's votes as being on two different people i will unvote. untill then we have not seen that IB is a true double-voter, and regardless we dont know that he is town.

I wasn't insulting your intelligence. You're probably 100x smarter than I am :lol: (which isn't hard but still point made?)

Anyhow then you aren't a double voter if you can't control your own vote (unless your theory is correct) so yeah I'm wondering who day 6 is at this point, I'd want them to throw a vote out there at random to see if it's true (I know it's kinda scummy but it's been picking at my brain this whole time lol) put the vote on me if it makes you feel any better..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:09 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
vodean wrote:god. for people who love to insult my intelligence, you arent very bright. i was not in control of my second vote. i said this. if it was me, and im not sure it was, it was placed automatically on the person i was voting. once we get a vote count confirming IB's votes as being on two different people i will unvote. untill then we have not seen that IB is a true double-voter, and regardless we dont know that he is town.

I wasn't insulting your intelligence. You're probably 100x smarter than I am :lol: (which isn't hard but still point made?)

Anyhow then you aren't a double voter if you can't control your own vote (unless your theory is correct) so yeah I'm wondering who day 6 is at this point, I'd want them to throw a vote out there at random to see if it's true (I know it's kinda scummy but it's been picking at my brain this whole time lol) put the vote on me if it makes you feel any better..

apparently you've missed this but IB is day 6 and he said he can't "triple vote". That's what I was explaining in my previous post but I admit it's hard to follow, with "game days" and "day nameclaims" put together in the same phrases as "day". This theory is pretty unlikely with IB's revelations, supposing he's telling the truth.
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Why is it you assumed that because you are day one you must have a double vote based on the fact an anon appeared on the person you voted for? That vote could have come from anyone. If that is your sole reason for creating this theory you are a bigger fool then I thought.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 pm

betiko wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

apparently you've missed this but IB is day 6 and he said he can't "triple vote". That's what I was explaining in my previous post but I admit it's hard to follow, with "game days" and "day nameclaims" put together in the same phrases as "day". This theory is pretty unlikely with IB's revelations, supposing he's telling the truth.

Well, I feel like a dumbass. :-s again..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:20 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Why is it you assumed that because you are day one you must have a double vote based on the fact an anon appeared on the person you voted for? That vote could have come from anyone. If that is your sole reason for creating this theory you are a bigger fool then I thought.

gosh, I don't defend vodean often, but attacking him for this is ridiculous
1) during day 1 we saw the anon vote appear on edoc
2) I thought the voter had to have both of his votes on the same person, I suggested that maybe when it's our day our vote counts double in spite of us, and I asked people other than me who had their votes on edoc if they happened to be day 1
3) vodean answered he was in fact day 1 and at the time the theory was possible

At that point we had much less information about double voters, information that you brought up. Where do you see that anyone assumes this theory is valid anymore?? vodean quite clearly shows that he isn't sure of anything and is not assuming this at all.

now we entered in the money time and I think it's time to see where we are going. I am not really sure of who would be our best target to tell the truth, but we might startputting real pressure on someone. Given the anon votes, I think claims should be done at l-3
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:40 am

betiko wrote:I think claims should be done at l-3

I disagree, I think claims should stay @ L-2, and that's because at L-3, you're barely halfway towards been lynched, so claiming seems a little premature but with so many vote manipulating / double voting etc. I can understand you actually might be a lot closer.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:58 pm

jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:I think claims should be done at l-3

I disagree, I think claims should stay @ L-2, and that's because at L-3, you're barely halfway towards been lynched, so claiming seems a little premature but with so many vote manipulating / double voting etc. I can understand you actually might be a lot closer.

with 2double voters, even with good intentions you could easily mess up. and mostly, if there is a mafia double voter, he can just hammer at l-2 and claim he didn't do it, that it was IB
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:58 pm

I would say let the "votes" add up to where they are at L3 but wait to see if any of the voters had double votes already on when doom gives an official vote count.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Vote Count

NoSurvivors (1) - new guy1
soundman (2) - kanin usagi, betiko
New guy (1) - jonty
pcm (1) - anon.

Not voting (1) - nendreel, pcm

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is November 26th.
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:43 am

new guy1 wrote:I would say let the "votes" add up to where they are at L3 but wait to see if any of the voters had double votes already on when doom gives an official vote count.

I don't quite understand what you're saying? A vote is a vote. Why should a double vote be counted differently?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:54 am

jonty125 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I would say let the "votes" add up to where they are at L3 but wait to see if any of the voters had double votes already on when doom gives an official vote count.

I don't quite understand what you're saying? A vote is a vote. Why should a double vote be counted differently?

Because at this point who and how the double votes are working isn't entirely clear.We seem to have a daily DV and a permanent DV. Depending on alignments, at L-2 scum could potentially force a mislynch without giving themselves away while at L-3 they'd have to be a bit more obvious about it.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 am

Nendreel wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

If we put someone at l-2 and a mafia DV comes along he can vote out whoever and blame IB, and we cant tell if it IS IB or not.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby vodean on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:21 pm

we could always not vote anyone at all ever and just use FOSes (or use FOSes to move people from L-3 to L-2) to show the pressure without the risk.
e.g. voting FOS on vodean
Sergeant vodean

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 pm

I am going to prod everyone tomorrow. I may consider moving the deadline to Tuesday since it seems this weekend has been dead.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:03 pm

I was mostly inactive due to Thanksgiving, but Im alive :P. I just have troubles getting the ball rolling when conversation isnt already going :P.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:08 pm

vodean wrote:we could always not vote anyone at all ever and just use FOSes (or use FOSes to move people from L-3 to L-2) to show the pressure without the risk.
e.g. voting FOS on vodean

Liking this idea better actually. Doesnt give double voters any power to speed lynch someone :). then when we decide who to lynch, when we decide who votes etc.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 pm

to add to that, it would be hard to keep track of as the mod doesnt keep a "FOS" count. Thats the only issue i see with it..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Why would I claim unless I have actual votes on me? That's my thinking anyways. If you don't pressure with something substantial, then there is no point. There's no guarantee that if you say "FOS-vote Player" that you'll be on again before deadline to make an actual vote. It doesn't matter if someone has twenty FOS-votes, because once deadline hits then only lynches matter. As far as I'm concerned, the best pressure is actual votes. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby vodean on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:Why would I claim unless I have actual votes on me? That's my thinking anyways. If you don't pressure with something substantial, then there is no point. There's no guarantee that if you say "FOS-vote Player" that you'll be on again before deadline to make an actual vote. It doesn't matter if someone has twenty FOS-votes, because once deadline hits then only lynches matter. As far as I'm concerned, the best pressure is actual votes. Just my thoughts on the matter.

if you dont claim, FOS votes will turn into real votes. if you are scummy and we decide to lynch, then we will simply change to a real vote. simple.

and yes, nos, i had thought about that, but we could do it ourselves, if it gets us talking.

doom, it was thanksgiving. activity should pick up monday. no need to cut the deadline.
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives