Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 am

One vote can still lynch someone if all the FOS dont vote for real.

The FOS sounds good in theory but if you start going down to the last 24 hours your inviting trouble.

"I proved I voted so and so because I FOS him. I just couldn't get back to vote for real"

You guys are creating fear. The double vote didn't cause a problem yesterday.

While I understand why this is being brought up the FOS will make things more confusing and create more problems.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Well why not have like 3 votes on a player and then a mafia double voter cant lynch anyone but its enough to put pressure without a mafia doublevoter having power to switch the votes last second? (since majority of votes lynches anyhow)?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm

This is mafia's dream. They are probably submarining while we all debate this 3 vote rule. How about this, those who think we should stop at L-3 do so, and those who vote past that wont be scummy, but they will be noted. Now, as of the last vote count, pancakemix was at L-3 and there were no unvotes that I saw when I went through the posts afterwards, so unless pancake mix wants to claim right now, I am stating right now that I WILL vote you pancake, and legitimately put you at L-2, or you can claim and stay out of the red zone that everyone else is concerned about. Now I will of course acknowledge that one of the votes on you is an anon vote, but wouldnt you like to stay away from a possible speed lynch at the expense of a couple post of you saying "nah not gonna claim" then me putting you at L-2?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:21 pm

vodean wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:Why would I claim unless I have actual votes on me? That's my thinking anyways. If you don't pressure with something substantial, then there is no point. There's no guarantee that if you say "FOS-vote Player" that you'll be on again before deadline to make an actual vote. It doesn't matter if someone has twenty FOS-votes, because once deadline hits then only lynches matter. As far as I'm concerned, the best pressure is actual votes. Just my thoughts on the matter.

if you dont claim, FOS votes will turn into real votes. if you are scummy and we decide to lynch, then we will simply change to a real vote. simple.

and yes, nos, i had thought about that, but we could do it ourselves, if it gets us talking.

doom, it was thanksgiving. activity should pick up monday. no need to cut the deadline.

Vote Vodean. Thou shalt take every deadline extension that is offered. Most importantly when everybody is debating on how to lynch people effectively. The fact you say no thanks to an extension makes you scummy in itself and warrants a vote from me.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby vodean on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 am

ghostly447 wrote:
vodean wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:Why would I claim unless I have actual votes on me? That's my thinking anyways. If you don't pressure with something substantial, then there is no point. There's no guarantee that if you say "FOS-vote Player" that you'll be on again before deadline to make an actual vote. It doesn't matter if someone has twenty FOS-votes, because once deadline hits then only lynches matter. As far as I'm concerned, the best pressure is actual votes. Just my thoughts on the matter.

if you dont claim, FOS votes will turn into real votes. if you are scummy and we decide to lynch, then we will simply change to a real vote. simple.

and yes, nos, i had thought about that, but we could do it ourselves, if it gets us talking.

doom, it was thanksgiving. activity should pick up monday. no need to cut the deadline.

Vote Vodean. Thou shalt take every deadline extension that is offered. Most importantly when everybody is debating on how to lynch people effectively. The fact you say no thanks to an extension makes you scummy in itself and warrants a vote from me.

i was in a hurry when i made that post and thought doom had said he would cut the deadline (which is why i said he SHOULDNT). i was trying to get the deadline extended. sorry.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:59 am

so pcm is getting "lyched" so far, and the anon vote on him can be switched to anyone with 2 votes quite simply and no one will know. if the deadline is today and pcm is scum, he will not claim and wait for his buddy to switch at the last moment (assuming the double vote is from mafia).
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:03 am

betiko wrote:so pcm is getting "lyched" so far, and the anon vote on him can be switched to anyone with 2 votes quite simply and no one will know. if the deadline is today and pcm is scum, he will not claim and wait for his buddy to switch at the last moment (assuming the double vote is from mafia).

Looks like he's in trouble 'cos if he's town and the scum doublevoter, switches it onto another town. He looks like scum. Might as well claim now pcm, you're stuck between a rock and hard place.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

betiko wrote:so pcm is getting "lyched" so far, and the anon vote on him can be switched to anyone with 2 votes quite simply and no one will know. if the deadline is today and pcm is scum, he will not claim and wait for his buddy to switch at the last moment (assuming the double vote is from mafia).

Looks like he's in trouble 'cos if he's town and the scum doublevoter, switches it onto another town. He looks like scum. Might as well claim now pcm, you're stuck between a rock and hard place.
Cook jonty125

Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:02 am

I might switch my vote to pcm later on just to preserve myself if he doesn't show up and claim, I'm warning. I can get lynched by the anon with that configuration.
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 am

Don't have much choice, do I?

Politician. Obviously haven't taken anyone's vote yet.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 am

pancakemix wrote:Don't have much choice, do I?

mind doing so to prove it?
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 am

betiko wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Don't have much choice, do I?

mind doing so to prove it?

I'll need a night to do it.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Ok, for real I am sending prods. I am just sending a massprod out with 24 hours on the deadline. I am sorry for extending this day again, I should have sent out prods earlier.

Vote Count

NoSurvivors (1) - new guy1
soundman (2) - kanin usagi, betiko
New guy (1) - jonty
pcm (1) - anon.

Not voting (1) - nendreel, pcm

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is November 26th.
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Vote Count

Betiko (2) - soundman, anon.
soundman (2) - kanin usagi, betiko
Iron butterfly (1) - Vodean
New guy (1) - jonty
pancakemix (3) - edocsil, iron butterfly, anon.
vodean (1) - ghostly

Not voting (3) - nendreel, NoSurvivirors, pcm

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is 24hrs from this post.

With 3 not voting, this means that 6 players agree to lynch pcm.

Ok, for real I am sending prods. I am just sending a massprod out with 24 hours on the deadline. I am sorry for extending this day again, I should have sent out prods earlier.

ok cool! we definitely need a little discution, half of the players aren't participating anymore and ending things like this would be a joke...

pcm, I am not familiar with that role, but from what I can read, it's dreally dodgy and dangerous for town.

http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Politician
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 pm

It can be either a town role or a mafia role.When I think of vote stealing, I think of a dirty politician, which would be on the mafia's side. With the given claims already, I can see where the politician would be a believable claim, but whether it is a mafia politician or a town politician I am not sure of. I will let it roll over in my head a couple times.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 am

OK, I'm going to call bull on this one. Because I'm Town Vote Stealer, and town with two vote stealing roles is OP. I only steal the vote for one day. I need it to become night before I can use my power. So unvote, vote pcm
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 am

unvote vote PCM
politician is kind of a policy lynch anway.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 am

vodean wrote:unvote vote PCM
politician is kind of a policy lynch anway.

Bazinga?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:03 pm

vote PCM

Having a Politician looks like more grief than benefit and with jonty CCing the vote stealer aspect, this looks like the best case to go with.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Vote Count

soundman (3) - kanin usagi, betiko, anon.
pcm (2) - nendreel, jonty

Not voting (1) - pcm

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is November 26th.
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm

bah, let's go for it, it's deadline time and even if it's a town politician this is probably the best town casualty at this point. I don't see much to lose here.

unvote vote PCM

next is a hammer.
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Well, since it is near deadline, and it seems like everyone else is doing it, it has definatly swayed me to put my vote on pmc. Vote pmc
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 pm

new guy1 wrote:Well, since it is near deadline, and it seems like everyone else is doing it, it has definatly swayed me to put my vote on pmc. Vote pmc

Meant to say Vote pcm
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:12 pm

That's a hammer. Scene Upcoming.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives