Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [8/13] Day Five

Postby aage on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I'm not joining the Hank wagon, I'd rather him do something scummy, rather than him not posting in the first 48 hours of the day.

Hank didn't say anything at all for the whole of Day 4.

Good point, but in that case he should be replaced or modkilled.
aage, on Day 4 wrote:rishaed has been revived to replace Commander9.

I will prod Hank.

In 100% agreement, but what happened on D4 showed Commie to be immediately replaced, while Hank was merely prodded, so I'm still under the impression that aage isn't looking to replace Hank just yet. If a replacement is made, I'm more than willing to back down (:
Hank responded to my prod by pm. Commie didn't. I don't want to stall the game, but I'm going to have to wait at least until Sunday before undertaking action.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby spiesr on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:46 pm

blakebowling wrote:I suppose it's time for me to claim. I'm Jeff Winger, Town JOAT. Last night I protected mets, but I was blocked (I suppose he blocked me). N3 I attempted to investigate mets as well. I still have the roleblock and vig actions. That said, I'm not sure who we should go after, besides the inactives. I believe rishead is town, and I'm getting a town vibe from Gustaf as well. I'm not sure about spiesr or anamainiacks (spiesr typically appears clean, despite his alignment, and I've never played with ana before, so I don't know his playstyle). I'm going to go ahead and Vote Hank until we hear from him at least.
Vote Blake, I don't really buy this claim. You didn't do anything Nights 1 and 2 and the two actions you claim to have taken being blocked? If you didn't stop a kill Night 3 and Mets didn't then who did? Right now it looks like the only way you can be town is if there is a busdriver. (Scum or otherwise.)
Captain spiesr

Postby blakebowling on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 pm

spiesr wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I suppose it's time for me to claim. I'm Jeff Winger, Town JOAT. Last night I protected mets, but I was blocked (I suppose he blocked me). N3 I attempted to investigate mets as well. I still have the roleblock and vig actions. That said, I'm not sure who we should go after, besides the inactives. I believe rishead is town, and I'm getting a town vibe from Gustaf as well. I'm not sure about spiesr or anamainiacks (spiesr typically appears clean, despite his alignment, and I've never played with ana before, so I don't know his playstyle). I'm going to go ahead and Vote Hank until we hear from him at least.
Vote Blake, I don't really buy this claim. You didn't do anything Nights 1 and 2 and the two actions you claim to have taken being blocked? If you didn't stop a kill Night 3 and Mets didn't then who did? Right now it looks like the only way you can be town is if there is a busdriver. (Scum or otherwise.)

I actually forgot about the game for N2 and I couldn't choose a target for N1 (I was prodded by aage for my inactivity -- he can confirm this). As far as the character and role claims, if no one can counterclaim either, I'm not sure what else there is to doubt.
Private blakebowling

Postby jonty125 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:59 am

spiesr wrote:

Hmm, this is a good point but yet its still WIFOM. I'm going to keep my vote on animaniacs.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:10 am

spiesr wrote:

If there is a Scum Busdriver, he obviously wouldn't speak up to defend blake. And you're forgetting about Bulletproof. blake's claim has a decent possibility of being the truth. Of course, we still don't know if scum are provided with fakeclaims.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby aage on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:20 pm

K, Hank opened the prod pm and to my knowledge ignored it.

Hank44soccer - Shirley Benett (VT) has been modkilled.
Anamainiacks (1) - Jonty
7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Also I noticed a mistake in the scene of night 3 that may be crucial. The second encounter does not necessarily involve a woman. Sorry for this if it affected the game or your strategy in any way.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Community [7/13] Day Five

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 am

aage wrote:K, Hank opened the prod pm and to my knowledge ignored it.

Hank44soccer - Shirley Benett (VT) has been modkilled.

Shirley was a VT??? I thought her character would fit something along the lines of a Doctor, honestly.

aage wrote:Also I noticed a mistake in the scene of night 3 that may be crucial. The second encounter does not necessarily involve a woman. Sorry for this if it affected the game or your strategy in any way.

Hmmm, so there was more relevance to the scene than we thought. Let's take a look at it:
aage wrote:Elsewhere in the school, another person also lay at the mercy of evil.
"Changtastic," the man muttered as he cocked his gun. His victim whimpered.
"Not today," a woman spoke as she threw over a closet, shielding the helpless man from the gunfire.
Frustraded, the former Spanish teacher fired several shots in her direction, but the effort was in vain.

The killer was Chang. Chang turned scum and has been lynched (Tails). A woman not being involved either means (1) it was a man who was involved, or (2) there was nobody else there. Since the mod says this is a crucial error, I do think that Chang targeted somebody who's bulletproof.

And since the scenes' details are more accurate than we thought - I believe The Black Rider is a killer as well. Either scum, or 3rd party SK. Or a Vig? O.o I don't think so.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jonty125 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 am

I don't watch / or have heard of community. But have just read an article on Wikipedia, and I feel that the Black Rider probably is in this game and would be an SK.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:44 pm

^THIS. However I'm slightly worried about leads. Blakes claim is from what I take it the main character from the game. FOS speisr for "not buying" it. I see if I can't cop someone useful tonight.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Little Witt on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:01 pm

I believe Blake's claim FOS on Spiesr

anamainiacks you seem to be pushing for a claim from an unactive player which has now been mod killed. Can someone refresh me on who has claimed their role? (even if they've been killed or lynched already) If anamainiacks has not claimed I would to press him for a claim. FOS on anamainiacks also
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby rishaed on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:46 pm

spiesr wrote:

It is possible we have a mafia roleblocker in play as well. It wouldn't surprise me. However 3 Mafia and 1Sk ina 13player game seems a bit OP.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Little Witt wrote:I believe Blake's claim FOS on Spiesr

anamainiacks you seem to be pushing for a claim from an unactive player which has now been mod killed. Can someone refresh me on who has claimed their role? (even if they've been killed or lynched already) If anamainiacks has not claimed I would to press him for a claim. FOS on anamainiacks also

I suggested pushing for a claim from Hank because he had been acting suspiciously - being inactive was among them. And he was modkilled because he was inactive.

For killed and lynched people, you can refer to the first post to see their roles. Of the 7 of us remaining, the claims are:
  • rishaed - Abed Nadir, Town Cop
  • blakebowling - Jeff Winger, Town Jack of All Trades
It sounds a lot like you can't be bothered to read the thread yourself. And you weren't aware of the case on blakebowling either, and asked people to tell you about it, instead of going back to read through despite your inactivity. It really reflects quite badly on you, town on scum, so it would be great if you could keep up with things from here on (:

And you're asking for me to claim when I'm L-3? Isn't that exactly what you're FOS-ing me for? That's terribly illogical and hypocritical. Vote Little Witt.

And guys, we have 7 players left, and I'm guessing 2 scum among us? We need to be careful with our lynches now. If we consider that we still have a 3rd party SK among us too, it might be 4 townies, 2 scum, 1 3rd party. If everything goes in scum's favour, we may be left with 2 townies, 2 scum, 1 3rd party tomorrow - and that's lylo. Even if there isn't a 3rd party in play, 3 townies and 2 scum is still lylo. Today's lynch is very important.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:59 am

anamainiacks wrote:
aage wrote:Elsewhere in the school, another person also lay at the mercy of evil.
"Changtastic," the man muttered as he cocked his gun. His victim whimpered.
"Not today," a woman spoke as she threw over a closet, shielding the helpless man from the gunfire.
Frustraded, the former Spanish teacher fired several shots in her direction, but the effort was in vain.

The killer was Chang. Chang turned scum and has been lynched (Tails). A woman not being involved either means (1) it was a man who was involved, or (2) there was nobody else there. Since the mod says this is a crucial error, I do think that Chang targeted somebody who's bulletproof.

And since the scenes' details are more accurate than we thought - I believe The Black Rider is a killer as well. Either scum, or 3rd party SK. Or a Vig? O.o I don't think so.

He didn't say it wasn't a woman, just that it could be either way. So he wants us to read LESS into the night scenes, not more.

But with two night kills in one night, there is probably a Vigilante or SK.

In regard to your last post: I don't know what to think about Little Witt. He has mostly flown under my radar. But I don't think there would be three Mafia and one SK/Vig in a game with thriteen players, that seems like too much. (I think even two Mafia and one SK/Vig is too much. SK/Vig is usually a disaster for town, it seems to me.)
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:12 am

spiesr wrote:

I don't know...Jeff is the main, main character and probably not Mafia. On the other hand he is all about sarcasm and being distanced from things, so maybe. Aage knows we wouldn't suspect someone from the buddy group.

And there is still the fact that blakebowling was roleblocked at a night when two people were killed. So if blakebowling is town, there would have to be three ways for town to avoid a kill instead of two (Doc and roleblock).

But blakebowling voted to lynch Tailgunner early on:

blakebowling wrote:It's hard to argue with a cop claim. If there is no counterclaim, I'm an advocate of lynching tails today as well. I'm still willing to answer any questions town has (assuming they don't give scum an advantage).

Vote tails

He could have just kept quiet and hoped that there would be more discussion about Tailgunner, instead of contributing to ending the discussion. Just waiting a while before posting seems like the Mafia thing to do in that situation.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am

I agree that the other night actions paint blake in a bad light, but I still feel animaniacks, dropped a clanger AND is asking people to claim left right and centre.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:04 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:He didn't say it wasn't a woman, just that it could be either way. So he wants us to read LESS into the night scenes, not more.

Well prior to this, we never assumed that it was a woman. In fact I think the only information we agreed to glean out of it was that there were 2 kills, and we disregarded any other information. aage's correction of the information given in the Night scene does suggest that it might have misled us.

As the topic we had been discussing in relation to N3's scene was how the kill attempts were foiled, and many were contending that it's hard to imagine anything more than roleblocking and doctoring, I do believe that aage meant to hint that bulletproof is a possible cause of a failed kill attempt. Meaning that I do believe that blake's claim is the truth.

jonty125 wrote:I agree that the other night actions paint blake in a bad light, but I still feel animaniacks, dropped a clanger AND is asking people to claim left right and centre.

I only suggested we push for a claim from Hank, more like a, "Should we get him to claim?" rather than a, "Guys, Hank totally needs to claim". And I've already admitted, if this was a wrong move, then I'm sorry and apologise. In any case, Hank did not claim in the end. Please tell me how this means I'm asking people to "claim left right and centre"???

Witt is the one now asking me to claim! Exactly the same situation that made you start breathing down my neck - 'pushing' for a lynch at L-3. Why aren't you questioning him about it, at all? jonty is being highly unreasonable and trying to put a case on me when there isn't any. I mean, honestly, is anyone else seeing this??? :? 8-[ :(
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:08 am

anamainiacks wrote:I only suggested we push for a claim from Hank, more like a, "Should we get him to claim?" rather than a, "Guys, Hank totally needs to claim". And I've already admitted, if this was a wrong move, then I'm sorry and apologise. In any case, Hank did not claim in the end. Please tell me how this means I'm asking people to "claim left right and centre"???

Okay I just looked at my original post, and I'll admit it does sound like I was implying the latter statement, instead of the former. But like I said, I did apologise afterwards because I was unaware that it was inappropriate. To prove my apology, note that I did not press for a claim after that. In no way did I ask people to "claim left right and centre".

And the rest of my statement still stands. jonty, please try and look at this objectively, and see the logical fallacies in your suspicions on me!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:But blakebowling voted to lynch Tailgunner early on:
blakebowling wrote:It's hard to argue with a cop claim. If there is no counterclaim, I'm an advocate of lynching tails today as well. I'm still willing to answer any questions town has (assuming they don't give scum an advantage).

Vote tails
He could have just kept quiet and hoped that there would be more discussion about Tailgunner, instead of contributing to ending the discussion. Just waiting a while before posting seems like the Mafia thing to do in that situation.
With a cop claiming to have a guilty result on Tailgunner, it was unavoidable that he would be lynched. At that point in time there was absolutely no way that said lynch could be avoided, as such blake (or anybody els) should not get any town credit for his participation at that point.

For those who think that his flavor means he has to be town, I must ask which characters do you expect the remaining scum to be? And then can we solve this situation with a mass claim in that case?
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm always wary of massclaims in general. Its just my opinion here. However I will wager we are 5 town 2 scum 1SK. That being said we only have 2 claims in the open (me and blake) and need more. As for me i don't know much about community, but it would be like NCIS without Gibbs if he wasn't playing. I am slight suspicious about the fact that somehow, it would mean we have 2 more protective roles which stopped teh N3 kill which would make 4+ a cop in a game this small seems highly unlikely.

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:38 pm

rishaed wrote:However I will wager we are 5 town 2 scum 1SK.

5+2+1=8 There are 7 alive :-s
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Sorry make that 4 town 2 scum 1sk.

Postby Little Witt on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Ok ana, Both of us seemed to have been a little jump to conclusion. I am fine with a mass claim if it helps us find our killers.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Alright, I appreciate that, unvote.

spiesr wrote:For those who think that his flavor means he has to be town, I must ask which characters do you expect the remaining scum to be? And then can we solve this situation with a mass claim in that case?

That is a very valid point. I can't imagine which characters on the show would be scum, other than the already killed Ben Chang and the already mentioned Dark Rider. Maybe the principal of City College? But that really is quite obscure... At a stretch, Dean Pelton since he wants the war to stop, but he loves the study group. Perhaps the scum were given obscure characters, but also given main characters as fakeclaims? I really can't think of scum characters other than the obscure ones.

If we do massclaim today, I'd prefer it to be an ordered massclaim, with the order of claiming to be decided by rishaed - the only claim we seem to trust completely. Of course this wouldn't help us at all with character claims if scum has been provided with fakeclaims, but it would at least increase the risks they have to take with whatever roleclaim they choose.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Alright heres my order:
Witt
Speisr
An.
Gustaf

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 pm

rishaed wrote:Alright heres my order:
Witt
Speisr
An.
Jonty
Gustaf

EBWOP
I want to ask Gustaf though, why wouldn't Blake bus Tails though?

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives