Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby edocsil on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Give us Mr. Heats name or you swing. TBH We have no reason to keep you around and at this point I simply assume you are lying about town win compatibility. We hang Heat, and if it sounds like leaving you alive after the scene isn't a dumb idea we wont NK you.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:43 pm

edocsil wrote:Give us Mr. Heats name or you swing. TBH We have no reason to keep you around and at this point I simply assume you are lying about town win compatibility. We hang Heat, and if it sounds like leaving you alive after the scene isn't a dumb idea we wont NK you.

he's already said it

spiesr wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:Give us the heat miser's name and I won't put my vote on you.
If you put me a L-1 Soundman will come in a hammer me. (Becuase he is the Heat Miser and we are both Lynchers of each other.) So don't do that.

I'd like to hear from soundman and to learn more about both role mechanics. I see no reason no to trust nendreel. he has a key role and everyone will have his eyes on him tonight. Spiesr didn't deny he's third party so nendreel is pretty much clear and can be trusted whenever he gets a cop result.
If it comes down to cold vs heat I'd go for lynching heat though. But I think it's really odd that spiesr could be told who is heat in his PM, there's a lot of things these 2 need to clarify.
Major betiko

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:01 pm

betiko wrote:I'd like to hear from soundman and to learn more about both role mechanics. I see no reason no to trust nendreel. he has a key role and everyone will have his eyes on him tonight. Spiesr didn't deny he's third party so nendreel is pretty much clear and can be trusted whenever he gets a cop result.

This is not clear at all. Even if he's right about spiesr, that doesn't clear him as town.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:04 pm

betiko wrote:
edocsil wrote:Give us Mr. Heats name or you swing. TBH We have no reason to keep you around and at this point I simply assume you are lying about town win compatibility. We hang Heat, and if it sounds like leaving you alive after the scene isn't a dumb idea we wont NK you.

he's already said it

spiesr wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:Give us the heat miser's name and I won't put my vote on you.
If you put me a L-1 Soundman will come in a hammer me. (Becuase he is the Heat Miser and we are both Lynchers of each other.) So don't do that.

I'd like to hear from soundman and to learn more about both role mechanics. I see no reason no to trust nendreel. he has a key role and everyone will have his eyes on him tonight. Spiesr didn't deny he's third party so nendreel is pretty much clear and can be trusted whenever he gets a cop result.
If it comes down to cold vs heat I'd go for lynching heat though. But I think it's really odd that spiesr could be told who is heat in his PM, there's a lot of things these 2 need to clarify.

Yes, and yes (to what Mets said). I am quite curious on how he knew that Soundman wants to lynch him. Usually you would be told you're target, but not who your target was. . . 8-[
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:I'd like to hear from soundman and to learn more about both role mechanics. I see no reason no to trust nendreel. he has a key role and everyone will have his eyes on him tonight. Spiesr didn't deny he's third party so nendreel is pretty much clear and can be trusted whenever he gets a cop result.

This is not clear at all. Even if he's right about spiesr, that doesn't clear him as town.

that's why I said "pretty much cleared" and not "fully cleared". I doubt he could be spiesr's ally it wouldn't make sense. It's impossible that he got a investigative result from gifts because we are day 2. It seems impossible therefore that he wouldn't be a cop. He's not an insane cop either. The fact that this happened today and not on day 3 clears him pretty much even if not 100%
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Well that certainly got things going. Not too much to do until we hear from soundman. Seems unusual that they'd know so much about each other.
@spiesr, do you or soundman have any abilities?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 pm

betiko wrote:But I think it's really odd that spiesr could be told who is heat in his PM, there's a lot of things these 2 need to clarify.
As a lyncher type role I was told who my target is. I was under the impression that this is normal for this sort of role. I have no night action and even if I were to get gifts killing Soundman would not fulfill my condition. (I would just revert to a normal survivor.) The thing holding me back from just going for a straight attempt to lynch Soundman by making a case or lying about evidence is that it was implied, but not outright stated, that he has the same role. So if I were to try and get him lynched he could just claim that I was lynchering him. (Which would be true.)
Captain spiesr

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Fine with me. As I said in my previous post it is Soundman.
betiko wrote:Do you know if he's third party or mafia?
I cannot be 100% certain about every detail of his role. I don't see any reason why he would be mafia aligned. The information that I do have points to him being a mirror of my own role.
Captain spiesr

Postby thechuck51 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:13 pm

would you care to clarify on who "we" is and your ability to night kill?
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby soundman on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:43 pm

soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.

One says "Cold Miser," the other says "Snow Miser."
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm

hum, I doubt that for an official game spiesr lynching soundman could endgame. And I'd rather trust cold rather than heat for not ruining chrsitmas... anyone has something to add flavourwise, or has seen any of these christmas specials? the irony is that this was a discution early game in lovecraft where spiesr, pcm and soundman were all in.. what is your twist soundman? and what else can you do spiesr?
nevertheless, it's odd that spiesr got soundman's name and soundman didn't know it was spiesr.. If it was the other way around with spiesr being heat and soundman cold I wouldn't hesitate, but now...
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm

soundman wrote:My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses).

Since spiesr's mission is to get soundman lynched, the second part seems redundant. Unless one (or both) of them is lying about their goal.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:00 pm

soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.
So, this is the route you have decided to take? I guess I can't really hold it against you, I mean rolling the dice with this bluff may be your best shot of winning at this point.

So for the sake of those of your you have to decide what to do now I will point of a flaw in his claim this strongly points towards him lying. He says that everyone loses should he be lynched. There is no way the this game has that mechanic. A game where a single mislynch is an instant lose has to be specific balanced around such a concept. This one pretty clearly isn't. For example, a day can end in a lynch without a majority for it. Had pancakemix remembered this early enough to have it in effect on Day 1 then, if what Soundman says is true, I could have won the game Day 1 by just leaving Soundman with a couple of votes when the deadline hit. No way is this game, an Official one at that, set up like that.
Fastposted
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm

watch from minute 10:

Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm

is mother nature in the game?
Major betiko

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:11 pm

spiesr wrote:
So, this is the route you have decided to take? I guess I can't really hold it against you, I mean rolling the dice with this bluff may be your best shot of winning at this point.

So for the sake of those of your you have to decide what to do now I will point of a flaw in his claim this strongly points towards him lying. He says that everyone loses should he be lynched. There is no way the this game has that mechanic. A game where a single mislynch is an instant lose has to be specific balanced around such a concept. This one pretty clearly isn't. For example, a day can end in a lynch without a majority for it. Had pancakemix remembered this early enough to have it in effect on Day 1 then, if what Soundman says is true, I could have won the game Day 1 by just leaving Soundman with a couple of votes when the deadline hit. No way is this game, an Official one at that, set up like that.
Fastposted

So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Snow Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:25 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Fastposted

So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Snow Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?

speisr claimed the COLD MISER, Soundman is the HEAT MISER. I don't even know if we have a SnowMiser.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby soundman on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 pm

spiesr wrote:So for the sake of those of your you have to decide what to do now I will point of a flaw in his claim this strongly points towards him lying. He says that everyone loses should he be lynched. There is no way the this game has that mechanic. A game where a single mislynch is an instant lose has to be specific balanced around such a concept. This one pretty clearly isn't. For example, a day can end in a lynch without a majority for it. Had pancakemix remembered this early enough to have it in effect on Day 1 then, if what Soundman says is true, I could have won the game Day 1 by just leaving Soundman with a couple of votes when the deadline hit. No way is this game, an Official one at that, set up like that.
Fastposted

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lyncher Actually he may be right here. I only read the first part and missed the third paragraph. The first paragraph makes it sound like everyone would lose to the lyncher. But the third says otherwise. Don't know if that's how it's being run in this game but it seems likely.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 pm

rishaed wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Heat Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?

speisr claimed the COLD MISER, Soundman is the HEAT MISER. I don't even know if we have a SnowMiser.

Sorry, typo on my part - corrected it in the quote (left the original unedited).

Though for the record, spiesr claimed the SNOW MISER.
spiesr wrote:What I am is Mr. White Christmas, Mr. 10 Below. As the Snow Miser my goals are different than the town, but not necessarily incompatible with theirs. I want to survive this game and prevent the Heat Miser from doing the same.
soundman was the one that called spiesr a COLD MISER.
soundman wrote:I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is.
As far as my research showed, Rankin/Bass didn't have any Cold Miser; though I don't think this counts as a slip on soundman's part, since it seems intuitive that 'Cold' is the opposite of 'Heat'.

fastposted
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Too Many Miser's just get me Scrooge! 1's enough!

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 pm

anamainiacks wrote:So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

My pm did not state what exactly happens should I succeed in lynching Soundman. I have sent an inquiry about the subject and am waiting for a response. My assumption would be that I am declared to have won and removed from the game while the rest of you continue the mafia town battle. My pm does not make any direct statements about Soundman's role, apart from his character being the Heat Miser, but it does imply it to an extent.
soundman wrote:http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lyncher Actually he may be right here. I only read the first part and missed the third paragraph. The first paragraph makes it sound like everyone would lose to the lyncher. But the third says otherwise. Don't know if that's how it's being run in this game but it seems likely.
The way your initial post was worded seemed to indicate that my Lyncher victory ending the game was among the things you were told rather than a random assumption on your part.
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Why don't we just leave them both alive? Neither can win unless the majority is behind the lynch, so we can effectively do nothing with them and it won't affect us.

I assume there is a Mother Nature in this game. Maybe Mother Nature wins if both of them survive until end game?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:Why don't we just leave them both alive? Neither can win unless the majority is behind the lynch, so we can effectively do nothing with them and it won't affect us.

I assume there is a Mother Nature in this game. Maybe Mother Nature wins if both of them survive until end game?

well we're all up to scumhunting. I started with nendreel and pulled 3 roles out of it. start a case, we'd be more than happy to go for scum. time is ticking though and i still think that we will have to pick either of them at the end of the day if we don't have anything better.
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 am

I am back and all caught up - I think their roles sound believable. I was more guessing that one would be town and one would be mafia - based on the movie betiko posted. spiesr is confirmed 3rd party, and soundman is claiming 3rd party as well, not sure what to think about that at this point.

That narrows the field a bit for scumhunting if its true.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives