Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:46 am

also, when exactly is the deadline for D2?
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 am

I'm setting the deadline at a week from today (Feb. 7).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:48 am

betiko wrote:As I said before, I'd like spiesr to vote soundman cause i'd rather not see him hammer.
Okay. Vote Soundman
Captain spiesr

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 am

PCM, can we have a votecount please?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 am

Vote Count

Spiesr - 4 (Nendreel, Little Witt, soundman, superkeener)
Mets - 1 (Betiko)
Edocsil - 2 (thechuck, animaniacks)
Soundman - 2 (IB, spiesr)
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 am

I dont like either "case" on mets or edoc. And I dont like lynching one of these 3rd parties, especially since the majority of us said we believe their claims. I am going to:

vote superkeener - He has been flip flopping back and forth all game long. Hes tripped my scumdar multiple times, but I had a gut feeling he was town. I am not so confident now...

I would like to see a claim from him. Evidence to follow hopefully......

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Jan 16 - 11am - Non committal to D1 lynch or no lynch. Looks like trying to just "go with the flow"
superkeener wrote:
Maybe a D1 lynch is good, but somehow I guess I just don't have enough to go on right now to just send a random person to the wolves. I never like to compare any mafia game to another as I typically give everyone the benefit of doubt in D1 unless there is something that grabs my attention.

Nothing has grabbed my attention just yet, but I am still open for a D1 lynch if evidence arises.

Jan 17 - 24 hours later - This is when spiesr and others said that no lynch wasn't necessarily bad.
superkeener wrote:I've thought about it a little more, and i am still in favor of a no lynch on D1.

Vote No Lynch

2 hours later: - We call him out on flip-flopping.... This is his response
superkeener wrote:I did explain my position. Go back and check. But just to ease your minds then...

UNVOTE

Leaving the office for lunch...... more evidence to follow....

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Snuck this post in before we left

Here he says he does not think the misers are threatening, and the only player tripping his radar is edoc. Fosses everyone.
superkeener wrote:At least for me, the miser situation does not seem very threatening as of now, if indeed what they say is true. Also, I do not think that Snow is better than Heat or vice versa. I re-read D2 and besides the Miser brothers, the only thing coming up on my radar is edocsil.
FOS spiesr, soundman, edoicil

Then he just hops on the biggest bandwagon.
superkeener wrote:Just to keep from getting a 2 days without a kill, I will have to go with my previous tendency and VOTE spiesr

The other options that I previously mentioned haven't moved me enough to push for a vote on them. Even though I still have FoS on a couple of other players, this is how I fell I should currently vote.

Tell me superkeener, how did you come to the conclusion to cast a vote on spiesr, when we have a week until deadline is reached??

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Ill be honest.... saying he was flip-flopping all game long was an exaggeration on my part. but like I said, pretty much none of his posts has "vibed well" with me this game. I had gut feeling though that he was town.

At this point I think we need to make some sort of move. I would like to see him claim, and then we choose the best candidate to lynch then.

Postby Nendreel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm

I agree with MoB on Keener. He has caught my attention a few times and was going to be a high priority on my investigation list, but it may be best to pressure him now.
unvote, vote superkeener
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 pm

The case is well made. As such it has convinced me and I will vote superkeener.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 pm

I dont think I have been flip flopping, just going with my gut as you with yours. I am the Baby New Year.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Also, my 2nd vote for spiesr was before the deadline was announced.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm

superkeener wrote:I dont think I have been flip flopping, just going with my gut as you with yours. I am the Baby New Year.

If you are going to claim make it a full claim :) . . . I mean Baby New Year doesn't sound all that bad, but checking a nameclaim is pretty much impossible :roll: . The reason is that we as town can't check to see if the Actions that you say you have are matching up with what with our investigatives can tell us.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Ok. I will make a full claim. Since this is my first mafia game on CC, I did not want to break any house rules. Full claim coming soon
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 pm

You didn't have to rush it and claim right away. It was my vote and opinion to see you claim. There are quite a few other players in the game. The important defense I wanted from you was my question to you in blue. but as others said, a half-claim is even worse now. Now you have no choice but to fully claim.

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 pm

I went back to build a mets case but putting things together I'm not convinced anymore.
Also I m not convinced about superkeener anymore. Can the edoc acusers make a proper case on edoc?

unvote

fastposted
Major betiko

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:08 pm

I am the Baby New Yeat. I am a roleblocker alligned with the Town.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 pm

ebwop: I don't know why I wrote "anymore" for superkeener as I've never really been on this case after he started posting real stuff.

nevertheless, I'm surprised to see he posted something suggesting it will take a lot of thinking to make his full claim in the meanwhile

fastposted

why did you have to think about it keener?
Major betiko

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 pm

I didnt really have to think about it. Just had to take care some some stuff for work.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:30 pm

superkeener wrote:I am the Baby New Yeat. I am a roleblocker alligned with the Town.

who did you roleblock and why last night?

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 pm

superkeener wrote:Ok. I will make a full claim. Since this is my first mafia game on CC, I did not want to break any house rules. Full claim coming soon

For the role you were (Roleblocker) Defend yourself first and if enough people aren't happy with your defense we'll bring you to L-2. (lynch needs two votes). Claiming right off the bad brings you Town Cred most of the time, however a PR such as yourself is quite important to town, so Defending yourself when we're in a D1ish situation building off of weak cases is definitely more important than any town cred you may receive. ;)
fp'd

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

My N1 roleblock pick was not really backed by anything substantial due to the lack of D1 information. However, I did choose spiesr and I was not told if any action was indeed blocked. But since he has claimed to be the snow miser and maybe does not have any night action I can not comment any further on that.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:08 pm

superkeener wrote:My N1 roleblock pick was not really backed by anything substantial due to the lack of D1 information. However, I did choose spiesr and I was not told if any action was indeed blocked. But since he has claimed to be the snow miser and maybe does not have any night action I can not comment any further on that.

Several things bother me. By themselves they seem small. When combined it raises more questions.

1) There was no need to claim but we could perhaps chalk that up to not knowing the CC protocols. that being the case claiming when there is no need can seem suspect.

2) You half claimed and when asked to claim said you needed time because you were busy at work, which i can understand BUT your claim was but one sentence and half of it you had already stated. You typed one sentence.

3) claiming a town role blocker is not a good claim if one is claiming later in the game as its to easy to get caught in a lie. However day two is a different story. Its also a remarkable coincidence that you role blocked an already claimed character who has no night actions.

4) just my opinion.... Rudolph was a re directer, which kinda makes sense. But Why would baby new year be a blocker? It just doesn't fit. If superkeener is telling the truth then roles don't have to fit the character.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:01 pm

superkeener wrote:My N1 roleblock pick was not really backed by anything substantial due to the lack of D1 information. However, I did choose spiesr and I was not told if any action was indeed blocked. But since he has claimed to be the snow miser and maybe does not have any night action I can not comment any further on that.
As I have no night action I can neither confirm nor deny being blocked last night.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives