Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - D4 [10/16] No More Toymakers

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Vote Count

thechuck - 6 (MoB, IB, Mets, Gustaf, Animaniacks, betiko)
MoB - 1 (Chuck)
Mets - 1 (rish)

Chuck has been lynched. Scene upcoming.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 pm

The Christmas friends all gathered round the wreckage of Tanta Kringle's home. Many tears were shed for the toys that would never see the smiling faces of children. An onlooker saw footprints in the snow, and got everyone to follow them. These footprints lead to the lair of the Winter Warlock. The Warlock saw that the people of the North Pole had come for him, and he fought back with his snow magic, but he was soon overwhelmed. They told him to go far, far away, or he'd be worse off. He obliged, and the Winter Warlock was seen no more.

thechuck51, Winter Warlock, Mafia Diviner has been lynched

Night 4. 60 hours.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - N4 [9/16] Put One Foot...

Postby pancakemix on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Snow fell over Santa's castle, but for once, it was a flurry, not a storm. The wind blew across the ice, but it was gentle, not a gale. Smoke rose from the towers, but of a fireplace, not an inferno. Calm had found its way to Santa's village, and for one night all could rest easy.

There were no deaths last night.

It is now Day 5. With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Epic Win

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - D5 [9/16] Silent Night

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm

I am amazed that I am not dead. The only explanation I can think of is that if I had died, when I flipped town everyone would focus on betiko since the agreement seems to be that at least one of us is scum. If betiko is mafia, he would want to avoid that by letting me survive, and lynching me during the day. This would essentially give them a free night kill, since either way I would flip town but this way no one could then lynch betiko until D6 (although even playing that way is risky). But since no one died last night, that plan didn't work even if it was the plan.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I am amazed that I am not dead. The only explanation I can think of is that if I had died, when I flipped town everyone would focus on betiko since the agreement seems to be that at least one of us is scum. If betiko is mafia, he would want to avoid that by letting me survive, and lynching me during the day. This would essentially give them a free night kill, since either way I would flip town but this way no one could then lynch betiko until D6 (although even playing that way is risky). But since no one died last night, that plan didn't work even if it was the plan.

so are u claiming you did not protect anyone last night?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:56 pm

I have some information, but I have reasons to withold it right now.

Not relevant to no night kills though.

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I am amazed that I am not dead. The only explanation I can think of is that if I had died, when I flipped town everyone would focus on betiko since the agreement seems to be that at least one of us is scum. If betiko is mafia, he would want to avoid that by letting me survive, and lynching me during the day. This would essentially give them a free night kill, since either way I would flip town but this way no one could then lynch betiko until D6 (although even playing that way is risky). But since no one died last night, that plan didn't work even if it was the plan.

so are u claiming you did not protect anyone last night?

No. I protected Gustaf; seemed like the prudent thing to do.

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm

If anyone has been skimming...... Since chuck flipped mafia, that draws some serious attention towards our two unconfirmed roles: Betiko and Mets.

I suspect Betiko for the following reasons:
1. He claims he sent me a gift night 1. I never received the gift and there is no explanation why. Betiko could not of been roleblocked Night 1, because I was the victim of the roleblock.
2. His other gifting claims were toward dead people.

3. This very important post by Mets.

Metsfanmax wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:Here is what i posted 2 hours before the deadline. which put soundman at 4 votes:
thechuck51 wrote:unvote vote soundman

if one person unvotes betiko (and nobody else votes soundman) i think that will put us at a tie and buy us another 24 hours

If I was mafia why the hell would I try to stop the lynch of a town member just before the deadline??? How does having soundman lynched and having town gain a member benefit mafia?

fastposted

And suddenly things click into perspective for me. Right before the end of the initial D3 period, betiko was almost a certain lynch. He even said as much. Several hours before the lynch:

betiko wrote:if you are town you will truly regret this lynch, I warned you. all you have on me is being agressive (you know my meta) a few cases on me based on misreads of my posts or people auto convincing themselves; this and at least a scum or 2 bringing in their cents.

And one hour before the lynch:
betiko wrote:I just saw 4 guests connected. In less than an hour I will be lynched. Gustaf and witt are most likely who they say they are, keep in mind this votecount, there is a scum for sure between mob, anamaniaks and and mets, that s the little something you will get from my lynch.

But what happened in between is exactly what chuck said. He's the linchpin to this whole deal. At the 4 PM vote count, it was 5-2, betiko versus soundman:
pancakemix wrote:Vote Count

Little Witt - 1 (edocsil)
betiko - 5 (Gustaf, Witt, mets, MoB, animaniacks)
soundman - 2 (spiesr, rish)
Mets - 2 (betiko, thechuck)

Then betiko and chuck, the only two people who had their votes on me, switched to soundman, making it 5-4, and therefore only one person had to be gullible enough to unvote, forcing the runoff between betiko and soundman. The play was a perfectly executed maneuver (though only barely in time) to save betiko, and it worked, incredibly. I no longer have any doubt in my mind that they are scum buddies.

And my summary on it.
MoB Deadly wrote:If Chuck is scum, why would he shift the bandwagon from a claimed Town Gifter, to a claimed Thirdparty? That makes no sense. If Chuck is scum, then Betiko is most likely scum because chuck saved your lynch.

Betiko, what did you do last night?
Vote Betiko, it will take some HARD evidence for me to switch my vote.

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Betiko, what did you do last night?

and actually this is very, very important. No one state what happened to them last night until Betiko tells us first.

1. We can be pretty sure that betiko was not roleblocked last night.
2. Betiko has to claim who he gifted to last night.
3. That person should be able to verify, unless their presents were stolen. Whoever got their presents stolen do not say anything until Betiko says who he gifted.
4. If betiko tries to lie, our other gifters can counter-claim if they gave a gift to the same target.

This should be very simple.

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Ouch. Even though theChuck was our opponent (Ding dong, the Warlock is dead!) I have to sympathize with him. That is not a nice picture to see in your inbox unprepared. I don't know what story that is from, but I can imagine a wicked king sitting in his icy castle somewhere near the North Pole, plotting his invasion of Santa's toy shop. Probably Norwegian.

On to business! I wasn't roleblocked yesterday. Was it because the Mafia tried to kill me instead and were stopped by the Doc? Luckily we can ask one of them directly. My investigation revealed this: Iron Butterfly is Mafia.

vote Iron Butterfly
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Ouch. Even though theChuck was our opponent (Ding dong, the Warlock is dead!) I have to sympathize with him. That is not a nice picture to see in your inbox unprepared. I don't know what story that is from, but I can imagine a wicked king sitting in his icy castle somewhere near the North Pole, plotting his invasion of Santa's toy shop. Probably Norwegian.

On to business! I wasn't roleblocked yesterday. Was it because the Mafia tried to kill me instead and were stopped by the Doc? Luckily we can ask one of them directly. My investigation revealed this: Iron Butterfly is Mafia.

vote Iron Butterfly

This sounds beautiful.

I think this clears mets and makes Betiko look extremely suspect.

Either Betiko, or animaniacs who visited me the same night my gifts were stolen.

you know no one has to tell me to vote for IB twice ever since that escapade at the end of Day 2.

unvote vote Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Hold the phone though!!!

This makes Betiko look better than he has though.

Iron Butterfly STARTED the case on Betiko on Day 3 and forced a claim.

No night actions have been confirmed from Betiko, if we could get one that could possibly put him on the town list.

If IB flips scum, its looking like 50/50 betiko/animaniacs.

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:51 pm

This is all interesting. Before I vote IB, I want to hear from both betiko and little witt regarding their night actions.

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:54 pm

God I suck at making 1 post.

I guess, the no kill COULD have been faked to make mets look clear as well. So mets cannot be taken off the list.

If IB is the gift stealer, then Betko or Mets is most likely gift stealer, and animaniacs is clear.
If IB is NOT gift stealer, then Betiko, Mets, and animaniacs are on the list. With emphasis on animaniacs and Betiko in my opinion.

fastposted

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:56 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:God I suck at making 1 post.

I guess, the no kill COULD have been faked to make mets look clear as well. So mets cannot be taken off the list.

If IB is the gift stealer, then Betko or Mets is most likely Mafia Roleblocker, and animaniacs is clear.
If IB is NOT gift stealer, then Betiko, Mets, and animaniacs are on the list to be a gift stealer. With emphasis on animaniacs.

fastposted

EBWOP - I fail. :oops:

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Looks pretty solid, vote Iron Butterfly
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Hold your horses.

No one finds it odd what so ever that the two primary suspecsts, being Mets and Betiko were not investigated??

Buncha sheep.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

I would vote for IB too, but since he's already at L-2, I think we should see what he has to say in his first.

Iron Butterfly wrote:Hold your horses.

No one finds it odd what so ever that the two primary suspecsts, being Mets and Betiko were not investigated??

Buncha sheep.

What're you trying to say? That Gustaf is their accomplice? I don't see there being 2 Mafia Cops, and Gustaf/Nendreel has already pretty much confirmed his role claim when he correctly called out spiesr for being a 3rd Party on D1.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Hold the phone though!!!

This makes Betiko look better than he has though.

Iron Butterfly STARTED the case on Betiko on Day 3 and forced a claim.

The post MoB is referring to, IB starting the case against Betiko, can be found here, on page 32:
viewtopic.php?f=213&t=183107&start=465
Although IB also unvoted Betiko with an explanation for that, on page 38. (Who says I don't read up on the thread, hmm?)

Iron Butterfly wrote:Hold your horses.

Buncha sheep.

A valid point, except for the sheep part. As a snowman I shy away from sheep, they would eat my carrot nose.

I didn't investigate Metsfanmax and Betiko because with theChuck exposed as Mafia, they are targets anyway. One of them is probably Mafia and he won't get away.

Fearing that I could be night killed at some point, I wanted to use my investigative power elsewhere while I still could. Because when the Mets/Betiko scum is gone, town will have no more strong leads.

My investigation was a few days ago, and it is after midnight now, I can't remember exactly what it was that made me investigate you ... except for one of the things, namely that you claim to be a "gift doubler", doubling the number of gifts given you. Almost everyone else has a role that can be verified by others at some point: roleblocker, cop, gift giver, the guy with the crazy giveaway ghost voice. Yours was a convenient non-verifiable claim for scum, I thought. Turns out I was right.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 pm

I can only say that someone knows my night action and that it hasn't been verified. I suspect that the roleblock was on me.
Major betiko

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:22 pm

betiko wrote:I can only say that someone knows my night action and that it hasn't been verified. I suspect that the roleblock was on me.

Wait, what? No one has yet revealed whether or not they received a gift. Per MoB's request, we are all waiting for you to claim you who sent your gift to, at which point this person can confirm or deny having received a gift. This is pretty straightforward. No one is going to take you seriously if you aren't going to put your cards on the table and attempt to prove that you are town.

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:I can only say that someone knows my night action and that it hasn't been verified. I suspect that the roleblock was on me.

Wait, what? No one has yet revealed whether or not they received a gift. Per MoB's request, we are all waiting for you to claim you who sent your gift to, at which point this person can confirm or deny having received a gift. This is pretty straightforward. No one is going to take you seriously if you aren't going to put your cards on the table and attempt to prove that you are town.

That being said, even if the person you claim as your target confirms receiving a gift, that does not clear you as town. Little Witt could have sent that person a gift as well (and he should speak to this effect if this comes to pass), and you could just be guessing on the hopes that, with only 7 players to send gifts to, the one you pick will be one of his five. Or, you could just have your mafia buddy "confirm" receiving a gift from you. But telling us who you gifted can go a long way towards clearing your name if you're telling the truth.

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

That being said, even if the person you claim as your target confirms receiving a gift, that does not clear you as town. Little Witt could have sent that person a gift as well (and he should speak to this effect if this comes to pass), and you could just be guessing on the hopes that, with only 7 players to send gifts to, the one you pick will be one of his five. Or, you could just have your mafia buddy "confirm" receiving a gift from you. But telling us who you gifted can go a long way towards clearing your name if you're telling the truth.

I know the person didn't receive it, and that's for you to find out why.
Major betiko

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:41 pm

betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I know the person didn't receive it, and that's for you to find out why.

I can shed some light on the situation. From page 53, D4:

betiko wrote:By the way: calling edoc for message delivery tonight. I m not quite certain how this works but I want to send a gift to someone and let edoc or Witt know who I m sending it to in private!

The message was for me. Pancakemix told me that I received a letter carried by S.D. Kluger, edocsil's claimed role. The message was signed "B. AKA Mrs Claus", Betiko's claimed role.

The letter said...

...that I probably wouldn't be killed during the night as I was going strong against Betiko and Metsfanmax and the other Mafia would want my vote

...that I would receive a present to prove Betiko's innocence, unless he was roleblocked

...that he suggested a stunt to start the day. I should not reveal this letter and I should deny receiving the gift. But I should signal to Betiko either (a) that I got the letter and a gift by using the word "frosty" in my first D5 post, or (b) that I got the letter but not a gift by using the word "icy" in my first D5 post.

I got to say, I am a sucker for secret trickery, so of course I included icy in my first post, in the most-cleverestest way I could think of. Besides, I wanted to see what Betiko would do with it.

Unfortunately this doesn't prove anything. Betiko could have done it even while being scum, to convince me that he was trying to prove his innocence. But why should I not tell anyone about the letter and the gift? And that is one more time that Betiko's gift-giving hasn't been confirmed.

Not to worry, though. Since my investigation showed Iron Butterfly as Mafia, we lynch him today, and hopefully he is the Mafia's roleblocker. Should Betiko be a town gift giver he can then send a gift to me or someone else to prove his innocence.

I doubt that there are more than three Mafia in the game, not when we have so many Third Party. theChuck, Iron Butterfly and Metsfanmax/Betiko should do nicely. Let's pelt them with snowballs before the snow melts outside my window and takes away the mood.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Why wouldn't we be sheep? We have no reason to distrust Gustaf whatsoever. :roll:

Lol conveniently Betiko was roleblocked, instead of Little witt who can gift multiple people at once.

Or hey if I was mafia I would think I should roleblock Mets so that my kill could process.
Unless that was the plan, knowing we would conjecture that Mets would "not perform a kill" to prove his doctor ability.

So much WIFOM.

Either way. If Mets protects Gustaf again, he can investigate Betiko tonight and he should live to tell the tale.

Someone should be able to have 2 gifts to cash in for a cop investigation or watcher role.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives