Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby superkeener on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 am

I am still going to keep my vote on spiesr, for at least a little longer. I think that Snow Miser and Heat Miser would both be 3rd party, and both are unaffiliated with either town or mafia.
The only problem I am seeing with lynching one of them is that it might somehow upset the balance, and perhaps the remaining miser brother might become OP.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

a little reminder of what we have so far:

jonty -> rudolph, town redirector
spiesr -> snow miser, 3rd party heat miser lyncher
soundman -> heat miser, 3rd party survivor
nendreel -> ?, possible town cop

NoSurvivors
rishaed
betiko
edocsil
Little Witt
anamainiacks
Kanin Usagi
Iron Butterfly
MoB Deadly
superkeener
Metsfanmax
thechuck51

out of the other 11 (obviously no one suspects himself), who would you start the scum hunt on?
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm

I would prefer to go after the quiet people for a bunch of reasons.

1. Inactives don't help hunt scum as accurately
2. Inactives can be easily steered by scum
3. Inactivity can easily be scum submarining.
4. I think it is more beneficial to us to get one of them to claim so we have information to go off of, instead of dealing with it later as we get closer to a possible losing scenario.
5. Inactives have less posts that they are responsible/accountable for. (like less voting and case trends)

This is why I still regret not even forcing claims on Day 1. I admit I got busy in RL though and was unable to push for a claim. We got a no lynch - and now we are back to shooting in the dark just like it was day 1.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:I would prefer to go after the quiet people for a bunch of reasons.

1. Inactives don't help hunt scum as accurately
2. Inactives can be easily steered by scum
3. Inactivity can easily be scum submarining.
4. I think it is more beneficial to us to get one of them to claim so we have information to go off of, instead of dealing with it later as we get closer to a possible losing scenario.
5. Inactives have less posts that they are responsible/accountable for. (like less voting and case trends)

This is why I still regret not even forcing claims on Day 1. I admit I got busy in RL though and was unable to push for a claim. We got a no lynch - and now we are back to shooting in the dark just like it was day 1.

I agree with all of the Above. However I don't have someone sticking out as a person to start pressuring. 8-[
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:just reread day 1. there was another post where jonty was pretty clear about gifters being vts and non gifters having abilities, he really put a target on his head there... I wanted to check if someone else had been pretty clear about the same deal to see if someone would need protection, but it was more jonty.

otherwise, still not getting much about day 1.

ok, what do you guys think can there be third party in this game flavourwise? otherwise should we count on 4 mafia 12 townies?

I loved these Christmas shows as a kid. From a mafia standpoint having a third party is really at the discretion of the mod and his imagination. Flavor wise I think there is a strong possibility. Why? The protagonist, lets say Rudolph for an example, would be on an adventure and along the way would meet a variety of allies and villians

You got Heat Miser, Bumbles, the Lion King of Misfit Toys as but small examples Anything is possible.

Well I was right and it makes sense. Keep in mind survivors are not a threat to town. These two just need to fulfill their win condition. That is of course one chooses to believe them. If I had a choice between Spiesr or Soundman I would hands down lynch Soundman. Spiesr has been forthcoming with info in my opinion, Soundman??...not so much.

Edocscil has made a direct indication that one or the other would be night killed. I find it hard to believe he would be so forthcoming with that info if he were indeed a Vig.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nendreel on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Edocscil has made a direct indication that one or the other would be night killed. I find it hard to believe he would be so forthcoming with that info if he were indeed a Vig.

He's also guilty of skimming in that post and it has been his only post so far this Day, which makes him pretty minimally active.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:just reread day 1. there was another post where jonty was pretty clear about gifters being vts and non gifters having abilities, he really put a target on his head there... I wanted to check if someone else had been pretty clear about the same deal to see if someone would need protection, but it was more jonty.

otherwise, still not getting much about day 1.

ok, what do you guys think can there be third party in this game flavourwise? otherwise should we count on 4 mafia 12 townies?

I loved these Christmas shows as a kid. From a mafia standpoint having a third party is really at the discretion of the mod and his imagination. Flavor wise I think there is a strong possibility. Why? The protagonist, lets say Rudolph for an example, would be on an adventure and along the way would meet a variety of allies and villians

You got Heat Miser, Bumbles, the Lion King of Misfit Toys as but small examples Anything is possible.

Well I was right and it makes sense. Keep in mind survivors are not a threat to town. These two just need to fulfill their win condition. That is of course one chooses to believe them. If I had a choice between Spiesr or Soundman I would hands down lynch Soundman. Spiesr has been forthcoming with info in my opinion, Soundman??...not so much.

Edocscil has made a direct indication that one or the other would be night killed. I find it hard to believe he would be so forthcoming with that info if he were indeed a Vig.

well, I guess he was more threatening of someone viging him, anyone can be a vig with 2 gifts.

otherwise, it's funny to see how people are just theorising here but no one makes a move. I know it's precisely what I'm doing in this post, but I've done a few moves already and I don't want to be the one starting all accusations. take your responsabilities people! You can't expect to start on a big thing. Mob, you're depicturing the type of target you would go for. fair enough, who out of the 11 left on my list are you going to go after? same goes for rishaed.
Major betiko

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.

One says "Cold Miser," the other says "Snow Miser."

I still would like to know whether there was a slip here or not. It was brought up again after I pointed it out, and we did not get a real answer.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.

I still would like to know whether there was a slip here or not. It was brought up again after I pointed it out, and we did not get a real answer.

Mine is in red. . . The first part in the statement is True Survivor role which = stay alive in the game. The second part says "Its not truly a true survivor WC." You can't have it both ways. The first thing I would do in that case would be- someone here is trying to lynch me :!: Find them so they don't start confusion during the days trying to lynch me. :roll: As such unvote vote soundman
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby soundman on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:36 pm

rishaed wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Mine is in red. . . The first part in the statement is True Survivor role which = stay alive in the game. The second part says "Its not truly a true survivor WC." You can't have it both ways. The first thing I would do in that case would be- someone here is trying to lynch me :!: Find them so they don't start confusion during the days trying to lynch me. :roll: As such unvote vote soundman

Do you really not understand that? I'm a survivor. I need to survive till endgame. The "twist" is that someone is actively trying to lynch me. Regular survivors do not have another person trying to lynch them to fulfill their win condition.

@Met: "Cold" and "Snow" are interchangeable. I was told that my brother the Snow Miser was after me but used Cold because that was what was on my mind at the time of my post. I'm not sure how you would see that as any sort of slip...
Lieutenant soundman

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:55 pm

soundman wrote:
rishaed wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Do you really not understand that? I'm a survivor. I need to survive till endgame. The "twist" is that someone is actively trying to lynch me. Regular survivors do not have another person trying to lynch them to fulfill their win condition.

@Met: "Cold" and "Snow" are interchangeable. I was told that my brother the Snow Miser was after me but used Cold because that was what was on my mind at the time of my post. I'm not sure how you would see that as any sort of slip...

I personally think that even asking+insisting on such futile (cold vs snow) thing is scummy. Soundman's answer was more than obvious, what else was he going to respond.
I don't know, mets trips my scumdar since day 1, there is something not right about all his cases and him trying to make nendreel look scummy.

unvote vote mets
Major betiko

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 pm

thechuck51 wrote:
edocsil wrote:Give us Mr. Heats name or you swing. TBH We have no reason to keep you around and at this point I simply assume you are lying about town win compatibility. We hang Heat, and if it sounds like leaving you alive after the scene isn't a dumb idea we wont NK you.

would you care to clarify on who "we" is and your ability to night kill?

unvote (if necessary) vote edoc. I would still like to know who "we" is.

as far has heat/cold miser go, I say we let them be for now. we could always lynch one of them if we get close to deadline.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm

soundman wrote:Do you really not understand that? I'm a survivor. I need to survive till endgame. The "twist" is that someone is actively trying to lynch me. Regular survivors do not have another person trying to lynch them to fulfill their win condition.

spiesr wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Snow Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?
My pm does not make any direct statements about Soundman's role, apart from his character being the Heat Miser, but it does imply it to an extent.

I think one of the problems is that spiesr seems to believe firmly that your role is a mirror of his, though he may have interpreted his role PM wrongly.

Between the two of them (if we are forced to choose between just them), I'm more inclined to target spiesr, if we take their own accounts for their role to be true. If spiesr does fulfill his win condition, he might be removed from the game as a winner, and that'll lower the townies' vote count further. On the other hand if we take spiesr out first, soundman will still be around to contribute to the townies' vote.

edocsil wrote:Give us Mr. Heats name or you swing. TBH We have no reason to keep you around and at this point I simply assume you are lying about town win compatibility. We hang Heat, and if it sounds like leaving you alive after the scene isn't a dumb idea we wont NK you.

I'm still suspicious about edoscil. His only post for Day 2 showed he wasn't reading the posts properly, and his mention of the NK set off my alarms. I don't necessarily think scum would make such a terrible slip, but even if he was a Vig / intended to trade gifts for a Vig, NK is not something you'd mention in such a fashion, so I think we should pressure for a claim. Unvote, vote edoscil.

Fastposted by chuck
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Im not convinced on the Edoc case, however soundmans reply satisfies me. so unvote

Postby superkeener on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 am

This Snow/Heat miser situation has settled down to me, for now so UNVOTE
The edoscil NK comment is interesting, but I am not for sure if it warrants a vote from me just yet. I would like to hear from him first.

I was in favor of a D1 NL, but that can not be the case for D2. We have to send someone to the wolves. Later today, I am going to re-read D2, and hopefully have a more-informed FOS list.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:25 am

anamainiacks wrote:
Between the two of them (if we are forced to choose between just them), I'm more inclined to target spiesr, if we take their own accounts for their role to be true. If spiesr does fulfill his win condition, he might be removed from the game as a winner, and that'll lower the townies' vote count further. On the other hand if we take spiesr out first, soundman will still be around to contribute to the townies' vote.

spiesr is not town anyway, so you can't see his vote as a townie vote. Also, if you look a bit the video; christmas is about to get spoiled because it is too hot ad there is no snow. Mrs Claus goes to see both misers and tries for a bargain; heat miser lets just for christmas his brother snow miser make it snow in the south while he is allowed to make heat in the north pole as a compensation.
This whole game is about not ruining christmas and flavourwise, the fact that it was too hot and not snowing was ruining christmas in town. And the bad guys here all about ruining christmas.
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 am

Who the hell do you think we is? Town should kill both misers.

pancakemix wrote:It's the annual Christmas Party Hop at the North Pole. Everyone is having a cup of cheer and getting a sentimental feeling as all sing "Deck the Halls". But out in the cold, some grinches are plotting to ruin Christmas for all the boys and girls in the world. If they have their way, they'll be doing alright, but everyone else will have a blue Christmas. It's up to everyone's favorite heroes to save the holiday for everyone through the joy of Christmas and the power of Animagic.

Voting is open. Day 1 begins.

To me this seems like there are a bunch of threats to the town, rather than unified mafia. I see the Miser's as a threat to the town and I think that we should hang one, and kill the other in the night. I would rather not waste 2 lynches on this but I'm willing to if the vig can't come through/isn't present. META on their characters shows them as fairly antitown.

Also TBH what other cases are there? Inactivity? That's a pretty lame case D2 when you have claims like this.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 am

I don't see how the snow could ruin christmas. other than this, we are not going to waste a vig on the other when the priority is to watch and doc nendreel.
Major betiko

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 am

betiko wrote:I don't see how the snow could ruin christmas. other than this, we are not going to waste a vig on the other when the priority is to watch and doc nendreel.

Too much snow can ruin anything.

That being said, I can't support a lynch of them at this moment. Maybe as we approach deadline though, if we still don't have any major leads.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 am

I got my answer from pancakemix. Should I fulfill my win condition of getting Soundman lynched I will be removed from the game as a winner. If I am correct about the Heat Miser role then they same would apply to Soundman. So, if you really want us gone you could just lynch Soundman and that would take care of us both...
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm

spiesr wrote:I got my answer from pancakemix. Should I fulfill my win condition of getting Soundman lynched I will be removed from the game as a winner. If I am correct about the Heat Miser role then they same would apply to Soundman. So, if you really want us gone you could just lynch Soundman and that would take care of us both...

or we lynch either of you forcing you guys to vote before the hammer so you stay in town and help :p
Major betiko

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:02 pm

lmfao so who do we love more..... spies or soundy ;P
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:06 pm

edocsil wrote:Who the hell do you think we is? Town should kill both misers.

I do not like edocs response at all to the heat on him. But quite honestly, if I know anything about this fora, edoc is a seasoned player and I don't ever see him making such a ridiculous slip as that. He will just get an official FOS from me.

I don't really think we should remove the misers from the game yet. Yes, they are not guaranteed town votes, but they are just as suspect to get nightkilled by mafia as we are, so I think they will be voting with us at least for now. And they are a "safe" person to bus with if we have a bus driver in the game. Instead of bussing with someone scummy, they could bus with a miser for a guaranteed non-town kill.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby soundman on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:lmfao so who do we love more..... spies or soundy ;P

ME! :mrgreen: Besides, he's trying to kill me and all I'm doing to trying to survive.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
edocsil wrote:Who the hell do you think we is? Town should kill both misers.

I do not like edocs response at all to the heat on him. But quite honestly, if I know anything about this fora, edoc is a seasoned player and I don't ever see him making such a ridiculous slip as that. He will just get an official FOS from me.

I don't really think we should remove the misers from the game yet. Yes, they are not guaranteed town votes, but they are just as suspect to get nightkilled by mafia as we are, so I think they will be voting with us at least for now. And they are a "safe" person to bus with if we have a bus driver in the game. Instead of bussing with someone scummy, they could bus with a miser for a guaranteed non-town kill.

Upon more reading perhaps annihilating the misers is a bad idea. I still think we should hang the heat miser (he isn't in to win it for Christmas) and see if it endgames cold/snow/whatever. If it does, he was telling the truth and we have 2 less people likely to axe us in the back. If it doesn't then perhaps we can consider LAL. It's not like it will end the game for us, and it could take out a complication we simply don't need.

Also thanks for the respect to assume that "we" wasn't scum. If someone tried to pursue more of a case against me with that, I not quite sure what I would have done ><
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives