[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:43 pm

soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.


One says "Cold Miser," the other says "Snow Miser."
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker
 
Posts: 3687
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm

hum, I doubt that for an official game spiesr lynching soundman could endgame. And I'd rather trust cold rather than heat for not ruining chrsitmas... anyone has something to add flavourwise, or has seen any of these christmas specials? the irony is that this was a discution early game in lovecraft where spiesr, pcm and soundman were all in.. what is your twist soundman? and what else can you do spiesr?
nevertheless, it's odd that spiesr got soundman's name and soundman didn't know it was spiesr.. If it was the other way around with spiesr being heat and soundman cold I wouldn't hesitate, but now...
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm

soundman wrote:My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses).


Since spiesr's mission is to get soundman lynched, the second part seems redundant. Unless one (or both) of them is lying about their goal.
User avatar
Sergeant Nendreel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:00 pm

soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.
So, this is the route you have decided to take? I guess I can't really hold it against you, I mean rolling the dice with this bluff may be your best shot of winning at this point.

So for the sake of those of your you have to decide what to do now I will point of a flaw in his claim this strongly points towards him lying. He says that everyone loses should he be lynched. There is no way the this game has that mechanic. A game where a single mislynch is an instant lose has to be specific balanced around such a concept. This one pretty clearly isn't. For example, a day can end in a lynch without a majority for it. Had pancakemix remembered this early enough to have it in effect on Day 1 then, if what Soundman says is true, I could have won the game Day 1 by just leaving Soundman with a couple of votes when the deadline hit. No way is this game, an Official one at that, set up like that.
Fastposted
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm

watch from minute 10:



Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm





is mother nature in the game?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:11 pm

spiesr wrote:
soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.
So, this is the route you have decided to take? I guess I can't really hold it against you, I mean rolling the dice with this bluff may be your best shot of winning at this point.

So for the sake of those of your you have to decide what to do now I will point of a flaw in his claim this strongly points towards him lying. He says that everyone loses should he be lynched. There is no way the this game has that mechanic. A game where a single mislynch is an instant lose has to be specific balanced around such a concept. This one pretty clearly isn't. For example, a day can end in a lynch without a majority for it. Had pancakemix remembered this early enough to have it in effect on Day 1 then, if what Soundman says is true, I could have won the game Day 1 by just leaving Soundman with a couple of votes when the deadline hit. No way is this game, an Official one at that, set up like that.
Fastposted

So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Snow Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier anamainiacks
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:21 am
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:25 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
spiesr wrote:
soundman wrote:Well this is interesting. My role is Heat Miser however I'm not a lyncher, I'm a survivor. I was told that my brother Cold Miser wishes me gone and is trying to lynch me. My goal is to survive till endgame (True survivor role, just with a twist) without him completing his mission (Or everyone loses). I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is. Now that I know I'd rather not give him the chance of killing me and fulfilling his WC. Vote Spiesr.
So, this is the route you have decided to take? I guess I can't really hold it against you, I mean rolling the dice with this bluff may be your best shot of winning at this point.

So for the sake of those of your you have to decide what to do now I will point of a flaw in his claim this strongly points towards him lying. He says that everyone loses should he be lynched. There is no way the this game has that mechanic. A game where a single mislynch is an instant lose has to be specific balanced around such a concept. This one pretty clearly isn't. For example, a day can end in a lynch without a majority for it. Had pancakemix remembered this early enough to have it in effect on Day 1 then, if what Soundman says is true, I could have won the game Day 1 by just leaving Soundman with a couple of votes when the deadline hit. No way is this game, an Official one at that, set up like that.
Fastposted

So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Snow Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?

speisr claimed the COLD MISER, Soundman is the HEAT MISER. I don't even know if we have a SnowMiser.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby soundman on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 pm

spiesr wrote:So for the sake of those of your you have to decide what to do now I will point of a flaw in his claim this strongly points towards him lying. He says that everyone loses should he be lynched. There is no way the this game has that mechanic. A game where a single mislynch is an instant lose has to be specific balanced around such a concept. This one pretty clearly isn't. For example, a day can end in a lynch without a majority for it. Had pancakemix remembered this early enough to have it in effect on Day 1 then, if what Soundman says is true, I could have won the game Day 1 by just leaving Soundman with a couple of votes when the deadline hit. No way is this game, an Official one at that, set up like that.
Fastposted

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lyncher Actually he may be right here. I only read the first part and missed the third paragraph. The first paragraph makes it sound like everyone would lose to the lyncher. But the third says otherwise. Don't know if that's how it's being run in this game but it seems likely.
User avatar
Captain soundman
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm
Location: Washington
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 pm

rishaed wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Heat Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?

speisr claimed the COLD MISER, Soundman is the HEAT MISER. I don't even know if we have a SnowMiser.

Sorry, typo on my part - corrected it in the quote (left the original unedited).


Though for the record, spiesr claimed the SNOW MISER.
spiesr wrote:What I am is Mr. White Christmas, Mr. 10 Below. As the Snow Miser my goals are different than the town, but not necessarily incompatible with theirs. I want to survive this game and prevent the Heat Miser from doing the same.
soundman was the one that called spiesr a COLD MISER.
soundman wrote:I have no special abilities of any kind and I wasn't told who the Cold Miser is.
As far as my research showed, Rankin/Bass didn't have any Cold Miser; though I don't think this counts as a slip on soundman's part, since it seems intuitive that 'Cold' is the opposite of 'Heat'.

fastposted
Image
User avatar
Brigadier anamainiacks
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:21 am
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Too Many Miser's just get me Scrooge! 1's enough!
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 pm

anamainiacks wrote:So what does happen, when you get him eliminated (and according to you, he gets you eliminated)? Or does your win condition include surviving till the end with the rest of the villagers? In which case, if you survived till the end with the villagers AND the Heat Miser, you both lose?

And so you mean to say that pcm clearly stated/implied in his PM to you that the Snow Miser (soundman) is an exact opposite if your role - nothing more, nothing less?
My pm did not state what exactly happens should I succeed in lynching Soundman. I have sent an inquiry about the subject and am waiting for a response. My assumption would be that I am declared to have won and removed from the game while the rest of you continue the mafia town battle. My pm does not make any direct statements about Soundman's role, apart from his character being the Heat Miser, but it does imply it to an extent.
soundman wrote:http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lyncher Actually he may be right here. I only read the first part and missed the third paragraph. The first paragraph makes it sound like everyone would lose to the lyncher. But the third says otherwise. Don't know if that's how it's being run in this game but it seems likely.
The way your initial post was worded seemed to indicate that my Lyncher victory ending the game was among the things you were told rather than a random assumption on your part.
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Why don't we just leave them both alive? Neither can win unless the majority is behind the lynch, so we can effectively do nothing with them and it won't affect us.

I assume there is a Mother Nature in this game. Maybe Mother Nature wins if both of them survive until end game?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:Why don't we just leave them both alive? Neither can win unless the majority is behind the lynch, so we can effectively do nothing with them and it won't affect us.

I assume there is a Mother Nature in this game. Maybe Mother Nature wins if both of them survive until end game?


well we're all up to scumhunting. I started with nendreel and pulled 3 roles out of it. start a case, we'd be more than happy to go for scum. time is ticking though and i still think that we will have to pick either of them at the end of the day if we don't have anything better.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 am

I am back and all caught up - I think their roles sound believable. I was more guessing that one would be town and one would be mafia - based on the movie betiko posted. spiesr is confirmed 3rd party, and soundman is claiming 3rd party as well, not sure what to think about that at this point.

That narrows the field a bit for scumhunting if its true.
Image
Art by codierose
User avatar
Major MoB Deadly
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Medals: 134
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (10)
Clan Achievement (34) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login