Conquer Club

++No Handlebars[6/11]Endgame:Without a Trace (Mafia Wins!)++

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ++No Handlebars [10/11] Day 2: Blinded Watcher++

Postby jonty125 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:43 am

pancakemix wrote:, but I don't feel that's necessary at this time.

I do, 72 hours until deadline. vote hippo
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 am

jonty125 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:, but I don't feel that's necessary at this time.

I do, 72 hours until deadline. vote hippo

Okay, Hippo...give us the claim and your night info...perhaps that will help us decide what to do next...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Okay ... I want to hear from Aage what he did last night and why. I tracked you but got a strange result.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby aage on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Okay ... I want to hear from Aage what he did last night and why. I tracked you but got a strange result.

Last night I was too preoccupied to answer, as I was wondering why someone would claim Watcher and Tracker on the same day. Is this a strategy to lure me into giving something away? If so, nice.
I didn't visit Jonty as far as I'm aware.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 pm

aage wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Okay ... I want to hear from Aage what he did last night and why. I tracked you but got a strange result.

Last night I was too preoccupied to answer, as I was wondering why someone would claim Watcher and Tracker on the same day. Is this a strategy to lure me into giving something away? If so, nice.

Also unvote, watcher and tracker is less suspicious.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby pancakemix on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:42 pm

aage wrote:
aage wrote:

What do you mean it's less suspicious that he had two actions in a night? It doesn't make any sense.

Vote Hippo
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nendreel on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:01 pm

So Hippo watched aage? or tracked aage?

aage wrote:I didn't visit Jonty as far as I'm aware.

What is it with you and Jonty? I can understand the case against him, but you have stated repeatedly that you want him dead and quite frankly your fixation seems... unhealthy.
Hippo didn't say that you visited Jonty, he said he got an unusual result. You brought up Jonty.

Looks like we're going to need a proper explanation Hippo. And maybe aage.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby aage on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I suspect Hippo tracked me to Jonty for some reason, only logical explanation for his actions. Since I did not perform that action I wonder whether someone's meddled with the night actions.

For now I would still support lynching Jonty, or possibly S7C for generally being useless.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm

pancakemix wrote:
aage wrote:
aage wrote:

What do you mean it's less suspicious that he had two actions in a night? It doesn't make any sense.

Vote Hippo

Hippo is a tracker, not a watcher. He lied about visiting Jonty; he tracked me. To Jonty. Otherwise he would have never said that.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Vote Count:
Little Witt (2) - Just_Essence, S7C
thehippo8 (4) - Jonty125, Nebuchadnezer, NG1, PCM
With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is on Feb. 9th. Without a majority a No Lynch will be enforced.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Nendreel on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

aage wrote:I suspect Hippo tracked me to Jonty for some reason, only logical explanation for his actions. Since I did not perform that action I wonder whether someone's meddled with the night actions.

For now I would still support lynching Jonty, or possibly S7C for generally being useless.

Or you could have an ability such as Ninja that makes you untrackable.
ā™ŖHave them all killed by assassination ā™Ŗ
And again with Jonty. Is anyone else getting a "He doth protest too much" vibe?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm getting confused. Hippo, why don't you just come out and say what you did? You've already put the target squarely on your back, so you might as well just come out with it and give us the info so that we can either hang you or move on to whoever your target is.

In my mind, it's useless to try to lynch Jonty, since he can just steal all/some of our votes and put them where ever.

I don't know what happened to Some7hingCLEVER...scummarining much? However, I'm not sure we can get any momentum going now to get enough votes on anyone other than Hippo...or perhaps whoever Hippo targeted last night?

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:I don't know what happened to Some7hingCLEVER...scummarining much? However, I'm not sure we can get any momentum going now to get enough votes on anyone other than Hippo...or perhaps whoever Hippo targeted last night?

Scummarining?
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:46 am

Hippo, all your doing is creating confusion. In your next post, claim, and tell us what happened last night.
Cook jonty125

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

I think we have enough information now. I tracked Aage and the message is that Aage tried to visit someone but was stopped from doing so (I am paraphrasing as I cannot fully quote my night PM). And yes, I never said I was watcher. The question is why is Aage so interested in Jonty? I suspect that Aage has some info on jonty and/or Clever. I am wondering whether Aage has lied for a reason or not. Is he trying to tell us something important or does the old adage of lynching all liars fit here? I am unsure which direction to go so we need to discuss this more before we vote.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby aage on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:38 pm

thehippo8 wrote:I think we have enough information now. I tracked Aage and the message is that Aage tried to visit someone but was stopped from doing so (I am paraphrasing as I cannot fully quote my night PM). And yes, I never said I was watcher. The question is why is Aage so interested in Jonty? I suspect that Aage has some info on jonty and/or Clever. I am wondering whether Aage has lied for a reason or not. Is he trying to tell us something important or does the old adage of lynching all liars fit here? I am unsure which direction to go so we need to discuss this more before we vote.

I haven't not told you anything relevant to today's lynch. I simply distrust a role that affects the vote count.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:09 pm

aage wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I think we have enough information now. I tracked Aage and the message is that Aage tried to visit someone but was stopped from doing so (I am paraphrasing as I cannot fully quote my night PM). And yes, I never said I was watcher. The question is why is Aage so interested in Jonty? I suspect that Aage has some info on jonty and/or Clever. I am wondering whether Aage has lied for a reason or not. Is he trying to tell us something important or does the old adage of lynching all liars fit here? I am unsure which direction to go so we need to discuss this more before we vote.

I haven't not told you anything relevant to today's lynch. I simply distrust a role that affects the vote count.

Would now be a good time to be sarcy and say all roles affect the vote count.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:13 pm

jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:

Would now be a good time to be sarcy and say all roles affect the vote count.

I appreciate the cynicism, but I still stand by my point.

That being said, I will vote s7c for distracting the town and scumarining in general, and I will also remark to Hippo that I may have been blocked from doing something last night, but there still was a night kill. Therefore I am less likely to be mafia. (I just realised this, sorry for not mentioning it earlier)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby pancakemix on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:39 pm

aage wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
aage wrote:
aage wrote:Last night I was too preoccupied to answer, as I was wondering why someone would claim Watcher and Tracker on the same day. Is this a strategy to lure me into giving something away? If so, nice.

Vote Hippo

Hippo is a tracker, not a watcher. He lied about visiting Jonty; he tracked me. To Jonty. Otherwise he would have never said that.

So lying makes it better? Am I missing something here?

Nendreel wrote:And again with Jonty. Is anyone else getting a "He doth protest too much" vibe?

Again, I feel lynching him is unsafe. If we think he's a threat, he should be dealt with at night.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nendreel on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Nendreel wrote:And again with Jonty. Is anyone else getting a "He doth protest too much" vibe?

Again, I feel lynching him is unsafe. If we think he's a threat, he should be dealt with at night.

Agreed, but that part was about aage. He keeps bringing up Jonty, and I find the "I didn't visit Jonty, but Hippo tracked me to Jonty" bit particularily curious. Especially since Hippo never said anything remotely like that.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:12 pm

aage wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
aage wrote:
aage wrote:Last night I was too preoccupied to answer, as I was wondering why someone would claim Watcher and Tracker on the same day. Is this a strategy to lure me into giving something away? If so, nice.

Vote Hippo

Something isn't adding up.

Aage says: First, he says he did not visit Jonty, then he says Hippo tracked Aage to Jonty, then he says he was blocked?
Hippo says: Hippo tracked Aage, but that Aage didn't go anywhere.

It seems like Aage's story is changing to fit in with what Hippo is reporting.

Aage, you're not making sense...vote Aage

Postby aage on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
aage wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
aage wrote:

Vote Hippo

Something isn't adding up.

Aage says: First, he says he did not visit Jonty, then he says Hippo tracked Aage to Jonty, then he says he was blocked?
Hippo says: Hippo tracked Aage, but that Aage didn't go anywhere.

It seems like Aage's story is changing to fit in with what Hippo is reporting.

Aage, you're not making sense...vote Aage

:roll:

Hippo's formulation of his original claim (being a watcher) led me to suspect he thought I visited Jonty. Which didn't happen, we all know that now. Then he claimed to be a tracker, and that he saw me get blocked (which is odd for a tracker, but I'm not familiar with the mod).

Lying is good because he was trying to make me slip up about visiting someone. Therefore Hippo is likely town, imo.

FYI, I was never told I was blocked by rishaed. Hippo's information is new to me, but fits with what happened last night.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Nendreel on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 am

aage wrote:Hippo's formulation of his original claim (being a watcher) led me to suspect he thought I visited Jonty. Which didn't happen, we all know that now. Then he claimed to be a tracker, and that he saw me get blocked (which is odd for a tracker, but I'm not familiar with the mod).

FYI, I was never told I was blocked by rishaed. Hippo's information is new to me, but fits with what happened last night.

Why would Hippo think you visited Jonty? If, as you said, you didn't visit Jonty then Hippo wouldn't have gotten such a result. It looks more like you wanted to throw out a busdriven defense before even knowing what the results were.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby aage on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:00 am

Nendreel wrote:
aage wrote:Hippo's formulation of his original claim (being a watcher) led me to suspect he thought I visited Jonty. Which didn't happen, we all know that now. Then he claimed to be a tracker, and that he saw me get blocked (which is odd for a tracker, but I'm not familiar with the mod).

Why would Hippo think you visited Jonty? If, as you said, you didn't visit Jonty then Hippo wouldn't have gotten such a result. It looks more like you wanted to throw out a busdriven defense before even knowing what the results were.

Actually, I was trying to counter-ruse him into claiming he saw me visit someone I did not. If that had happened, we would have had an instance of lynch all liars.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 am

aage wrote:FYI, I was never told I was blocked by rishaed. Hippo's information is new to me, but fits with what happened last night.

Mod Note: I will not tell you if you are RB'd for the most part unless I would normally give information/ Night Results.

Vote Count:
S7C (1) - aage
aage (1) - Nebuchadnezer
Little Witt (2) - Just_Essence, S7C
thehippo8 (3) - Jonty125, NG1, PCM
With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Tomorrow at 9pm.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives