Conquer Club

Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (11/12) Day Two

Postby Hank44Soccer on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 am

rishaed wrote:I would like to hear from Hank to see who he "protected"

Believe it or not, I actually saved you, right now I'm willing to believe that you are a bodyguard, and sense we are both town, I'd rather have you around than not. Who knows, maybe next night you'll protect me.
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 am

Hank44Soccer wrote:
rishaed wrote:I would like to hear from Hank to see who he "protected"

Believe it or not, I actually saved you, right now I'm willing to believe that you are a bodyguard, and sense we are both town, I'd rather have you around than not. Who knows, maybe next night you'll protect me.
Hmm, claiming to have protected the bodyguard. I was hoping that the your action would shed light on what happened last Night, but I don't know if we can conclude much from this.

Also, your previous post seems to have gone missing...
Captain spiesr

Postby Hank44Soccer on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 am

Yes, that post was more than a little bit inaccurate
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:51 am

jonty125 wrote:
show: Rules
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 am

Hank44Soccer wrote:Yes, that post was more than a little bit inaccurate

NEVER, EVER Delete a post. . .Posts are used in evidence and in building cases. Just like in RL you can't take back something after you've said it, its the same here. Once you've posted it you are not allowed to delete it no matter how "inaccurate" it may be.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 am

That being said if what he said was true then, I can assume a few things. I protected Edoc last night. So either A. Mafia tried to kill Edoc (clears as town). Tried to kill me.(got saved by the doc). If we only have one doc in the game. For the record though I would like to say that I'm 90% sure that edoc is town. I would take the former scenario as the most likely. N1me and Hank (assuming that Hank is telling the truth) were both probably hot targets. (high risk, high reward) Jonty already said roleblocks, protections, and doc saves weren't included in the flavor. It makes sense and it means we can partially clear edoc as being scum in the rest of your guy's eyes.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 am

The Gods of Random, were seething with anger. How dare Hank44Soccer not only edit the historical record but delete it!! A bolt of lightning surged towards him and paused in the air. Then, a bellowing voice, declared, "Hank44Soccer, you have been found guilty of breaking rule #9, under normal circumstances you would DIE now. However, thanks to spieser, there is still record of the post. We will show mercy, under two conditions, you type out word for word, punctuation mark for punctuation mark, your previous post AND you promise not to commit this, or any offence again. OTHER PLAYERS: We advise reading the rules, as next time, we might not be so merciful."
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

rishaed wrote:That being said if what he said was true then, I can assume a few things. I protected Edoc last night. So either A. Mafia tried to kill Edoc (clears as town). Tried to kill me.(got saved by the doc). If we only have one doc in the game. For the record though I would like to say that I'm 90% sure that edoc is town. I would take the former scenario as the most likely. N1me and Hank (assuming that Hank is telling the truth) were both probably hot targets. (high risk, high reward) Jonty already said roleblocks, protections, and doc saves weren't included in the flavor. It makes sense and it means we can partially clear edoc as being scum in the rest of your guy's eyes.

That seems to be a reasonable estimate, and I could understand why mafia would go for an "experienced" player. I'm not sure I would be so quick to clear edoc though. There could have been other things messing up.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

I want to start from where I left off yesterday, vote doomyoshi my arguments are all across D1 and they are long as well. Its solace to start right now.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 pm

So, is Hank getting a modkill for not typing that yet...?

Also, Hank, bodyguard is the wrong choice on who to protect usually, although it's a good thing it worked out in this case.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:So, is Hank getting a modkill for not typing that yet...?

If he reposts the post that was deleted, he will be spared.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:09 pm

rishaed wrote:I want to start from where I left off yesterday, vote doomyoshi my arguments are all across D1 and they are long as well. Its solace to start right now.
I will give my support to the movement in what you are free to interpret as a shameless bandwagon. Vote DoomYoshi.
Captain spiesr

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm

spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:I want to start from where I left off yesterday, vote doomyoshi my arguments are all across D1 and they are long as well. Its solace to start right now.
I will give my support to the movement in what you are free to interpret as a shameless bandwagon. Vote DoomYoshi.

:-s This seems odd.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm

You know what's odd? Hank deleting a post that on the face of it seems rather harmless.
You know what's odd? DoomYoshi pointing out to the mod that Hank hasn't complied yet.

You know what else is odd? The fact that I find both Hank's deleted post and Doom's subsequent hounding to have Hank killed as scummy. Which one is scummier?

Who knows, but if we don't test one of these guys, I feel like I'll be doubting them the whole game...

Vote Doom
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:You know what's odd? Hank deleting a post that on the face of it seems rather harmless.
You know what's odd? DoomYoshi pointing out to the mod that Hank hasn't complied yet.

You know what else is odd? The fact that I find both Hank's deleted post and Doom's subsequent hounding to have Hank killed as scummy. Which one is scummier?

Who knows, but if we don't test one of these guys, I feel like I'll be doubting them the whole game...

Vote Doom

^This, and the crap strawman arguments he was throwing on people D1.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:52 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:You know what's odd? Hank deleting a post that on the face of it seems rather harmless.

Vote Doom

What a load of crap.

The guy broke the rules...a BIG rule...and got a free pass with stipulations. Those stipulations have still not been met.
What I find scummy is you sitting from a far able to throw rocks at both asking US which is scummier.

grow a pair and tell us who YOU think is scummier instead of standing back.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 am

It's not scummy to point out something like that. If you have one condition to staying alive, and don't comply, you should be dead. This isn't hanks first rodeo...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 am

VOTE COUNT
DoomYoshi (3) - rishaed; spieser; Nebuchadnezar

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday 9th February @ 1000 GMT. If the vote count were to remain as so, until deadline, DoomYoshi will be lynched.

gregwolf121 has been prodded
Hank44Soccer has been sent a 24 hour deadline, by PM.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Iron...what about my post was unclear about who I thought was scummier? Or was the vote not clear enough? Or perhaps you see voting as "sitting back"? Talk about a load of crap...did you even finish reading my post? Why don't you enlighten us with your wisdom? Because looking at your post, I see you doing exactly what you were complaining about...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:46 pm

hey been proded so here i am, so doom any response to the votes on you,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Well I guess I will claim.

I am Lt.Gen. M.G.H. Barker, Vanilla Townie (Battle of Bulge). My play so far has been to put enough focus on me that I would draw mafia's kill, which is also why I didn't want to claim yesterday. We're still not 100% sure if that worked, although it looks like my plan failed :(

I'm not sure who I find scummiest at this point though. Iron's last post seemed interesting in his conclusions about Neb, but obviously I agree with his attitude about Hank. And honestly, it shouldn't be scummy to wonder why the rules aren't being followed... I guess mafia might worry about that, but I know that if I were mafia, I would still ask the same question.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Iron...what about my post was unclear about who I thought was scummier? Or was the vote not clear enough? Or perhaps you see voting as "sitting back"? Talk about a load of crap...did you even finish reading my post? Why don't you enlighten us with your wisdom? Because looking at your post, I see you doing exactly what you were complaining about...

What exactly is scummy about Doom asking the mod to enforce the rules? As we speak he has still not complied with the mods request. Jonty stated what is required.

You state you do not know who is scummier by saying "who knows" and vote Doom with an attitude that one is no worse then the other...yet BOTH can not be mafia.

You seem to be displaying an ambivalence in who you think is more scummy YET you are saying in your defense that you are NOT unclear on who you think is scummier.

your exact words.

"You know what else is odd? The fact that I find both Hank's deleted post and Doom's subsequent hounding to have Hank killed as scummy. Which one is scummier?

Who knows, but if we don't test one of these guys, I feel like I'll be doubting them the whole game..."

You made it sound like you flipped a coin as you felt one is as guilty as the other. Now in response to me you are saying your vote for Doom proves you put your money where your mouth and that it proves you feel Doom scummier.

Hanks infraction was a mod kill offense for a variety of reasons. His actions most definitely scummy.
You think Doom scummier for asking jonty to enforce his ultimatum?

Vote Neb

For the contradiction in attitude toward who you feel is scummier and why.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:28 pm

unvote vote Neb I don't feel like voting speisr, because he was obvious about the fact that he was BW'ing. I do feel though that after reading it again, why would he say one of these guys Hank already gave a claim, I'm happy with the support on Doom, but after reading IB's post it made me rethink your post. As for Doom's explanation I can understand. . . I've tried it before with similar results. When it takes only three people to lynch someone at a deadline, then I'm going to be careful with my vote if I'm not convinced someone has been acting scummy.

Postby spiesr on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:44 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Well I guess I will claim.

I am Lt.Gen. M.G.H. Barker, Vanilla Townie (Battle of Bulge). My play so far has been to put enough focus on me that I would draw mafia's kill, which is also why I didn't want to claim yesterday. We're still not 100% sure if that worked, although it looks like my plan failed :(

I'm not sure who I find scummiest at this point though. Iron's last post seemed interesting in his conclusions about Neb, but obviously I agree with his attitude about Hank. And honestly, it shouldn't be scummy to wonder why the rules aren't being followed... I guess mafia might worry about that, but I know that if I were mafia, I would still ask the same question.
Interesting that the Battle of the Bulge game was not listed in Jonty's list. It was started and "finished" in 2012, although it was abandoned rather than completed, so I am not sure if this is just a mistake on Jonty's part, or a sign of something else.
For the claim itself I am not yet sure if I should believe it or not.
Captain spiesr

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 pm

I am by no means defending Doom. I am however scum hunting.

This is a random role game. Anything from that list is possible. I will say that is a puzzling discovery Spiesr you have made and i believe well within our rights to ask for clarity from the mod. Doom makes a role claim not on the list and not finished? I do not believe Doom would be so silly with the myriad of possibilities to choose from.

Spiesr do you have a specific way to verify claim when someone does? There is no way to catch someone in a lie. the ONLy way is if someone claims the same exact role, which is highly unlikely probability wise. For all we know we could have 5 docs or all VT
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives