Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC II [15/17] D2: Getting the Axe

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Ya, with Doom and myself being the only other players getting votes at this point, my options are limited. I could start a new case, but then edoc will probably jump on me saying that I'm "splitting the vote" again. Is an inactive the best target? No. Is it a better target than me or Doom? Yes.
Please elaborate on how you and doomyoshi are each "unscummy" enough for an effectively random lynch to be better odds.
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:17 pm

@Spiesr: well said. Both posts.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby / on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Sorry, I'm really busy right now.
I've got a to do list a mile long, and some of the items don't even involve shooting, stabbing, or watching TV! (Oh the horror!)

I'm looking forward to Sheep and Blake's posts, but until then I totally agree with edoc that we need to do this fast.
Neb's starting to look a bit scummy, which is often as good as it gets for a really smart player. We've got plenty of leads to follow up on depending on the result too, so I'm totally ok with pushing this case for now.

Vote Neb
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Im still on vacation, so I'll make it quick.

I am a Town Improvisor ( basically a joat), and I used my investigate on Neb. He came up town. Thought id post this before he got lynched.

And I thought I posted that I was going on vacation...
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Im still on vacation, so I'll make it quick.

I am a Town Improvisor ( basically a joat), and I used my investigate on Neb. He came up town. Thought id post this before he got lynched.

EBWOP:

Could be a GF, but thought I'd let you guys know.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:59 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Ya, with Doom and myself being the only other players getting votes at this point, my options are limited. I could start a new case, but then edoc will probably jump on me saying that I'm "splitting the vote" again. Is an inactive the best target? No. Is it a better target than me or Doom? Yes.
Please elaborate on how you and doomyoshi are each "unscummy" enough for an effectively random lynch to be better odds.

Doom is being voted for voting for an inactive. Depending on your point of view, that's either a good reason to vote him, or a weak reason to vote him. I think it's weak. Furthermore, his softclaim gives me an additional reason to NOT vote him.

I know I am town, therefore, why would I vote myself? Even if I wasn't why would I vote myself? Apparently, quite a few people think I AM scummy, but I can't really elaborate on why...you'll have to go back and read their posts, or ask them. Basically, I'm a poor player who makes scummy posts, thereby gathering said votes.

So...a question back to you (you, meaning everyone in general...) How useful is Blake?
blakebowling wrote:I'm still around, and I'm surprised that I was picked as an inactive (Typically I'm accused of submarining). I'll try to compile my thoughts and post those soon.

I'll most likely claim tonight or tomorrow, just to give people a chance to change their vote, if they want to...only 5 days left, and the noose is getting tighter on my neck.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby edocsil on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Unvote per TFO.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm not really disturbed by Doom kind of coasting through. To each his own, as long as you're there for the important decisions and make thoughts known.

However, the claim by TFO is something that should be examined. Both by the fact that he already mentioned (Neb being a Godfather) but there's also the chance that he's either A) mafia buddy, or B) mafia role that uses his night action to learn a role of a townie.
Captain Gilligan

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Gilligan wrote:However, the claim by TFO is something that should be examined. Both by the fact that he already mentioned (Neb being a Godfather) but there's also the chance that he's either A) mafia buddy, or B) mafia role that uses his night action to learn a role of a townie.
In this game he could be exactly what he says he is and still be mafia.
Captain spiesr

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:48 pm

spiesr wrote:
Gilligan wrote:However, the claim by TFO is something that should be examined. Both by the fact that he already mentioned (Neb being a Godfather) but there's also the chance that he's either A) mafia buddy, or B) mafia role that uses his night action to learn a role of a townie.

Yeah, that's two out of the three options.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Gilligan wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Yeah, that's two out of the three options.

EBWOP: although the two options are very closely related...
Captain Gilligan

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:52 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Im still on vacation, so I'll make it quick.

EBWOP:

Could be a GF, but thought I'd let you guys know.

Somehow I missed this and about 4 other posts while making my post. Thank you, TFO.

I guess those who really want to see me go will claim that I am the GF, and try to push it that way. I'm not the GF, for the record.

This confuses me...
Gilligan wrote:I'm not really disturbed by Doom kind of coasting through. To each his own, as long as you're there for the important decisions and make thoughts known.

However, the claim by TFO is something that should be examined. Both by the fact that he already mentioned (Neb being a Godfather) but there's also the chance that he's either A) mafia buddy, or B) mafia role that uses his night action to learn a role of a townie.

This is what I'm saying...people will play the GF angle trying to hang me. As for B), that's is an irrelevant point in this game, and you start getting into too much WIFOM.

So, does this leave us voting Blake? At least until he actually posts? Or is there something better? Or are people going to still push for my claim?

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm a bit concerned by your apparent willingness to hang blake. If anything, I would have expected you to push for a case on doom instead of trying to push for a wagon on the submariner/inactive. If it didn't work the first time, why would it work now? I'd like to hear a claim.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I'm a bit concerned by your apparent willingness to hang blake. If anything, I would have expected you to push for a case on doom instead of trying to push for a wagon on the submariner/inactive. If it didn't work the first time, why would it work now? I'd like to hear a claim.

I'm not going for Doom, because I don't find the merit in it. And, I may be reading too much into his posts, but I think I'd rather have him not be forced to claim.
Blake is pulling the crap of "Hi guys, I'll be back to post in a little bit" and then never comes back to post. Either post your thoughts or don't even bother posting. It's posting for the sake of posting without adding anything. It annoys me, so I'm keeping my vote on Blake.

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

So a few things.

1. Did I miss aage's response to why he said "boom" last night or did that totally get bypassed. I know he was expecting to die but still.

2. With any investigation role you have to worry about the possibility of a GF until the GF, if there is one, is killed. So Neb is likely to be innocent but unless someone wants to roleblock him I would not put too much effort into it.

3. What I would put some effort into right now is getting a name out of TFO. In this game, being CYOC, I would prioritize names, roles, alignment from my normal role, alignment, name priority I have when piecing together the role puzzle.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Last post till I'm back.

I am Colin Mochrie (Get the rogaine jokes?). Town improviser.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Last post till I'm back.

Works for me, Love that Whose Line.

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:41 pm

I have no reason not to believe this character for TFO. Whether or not he's town is another story, though.
Captain Gilligan

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 am

Gilligan wrote:

I have no reason not to believe this character for TFO. Whether or not he's town is another story, though.

IMO, it's not worth doubting to the extent of lynching someone to check. If you doubt the role, maybe an investigation could check it tonight (Though that would be exposing who the cop has targeted) and come back if they find something relevant. But then we'd have to wonder if the investigator was trustworthy...and repeat the whole process. :-k :-k :-k

Of course there are other options. There's just a thing called being overly paranoid.

@Sheep: Aage says he said boom as a celebration of a mafia lynch. Names on the other hand are pretty much irrelevant except in cases of known non-mafia (Haymitch). Beyond that, alignment isn't based on the normal alignment of the character. I mean Mr. Rogers, Superman and Mother Teresa could all have been chosen to be mafia. Well maybe not that would suggest 5 mafia (I would assume 4 for this game size, could be wrong after all this isn't a normal game.)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 am

I don't see any reason to doubt TFO's claim. I wasn't putting Neb anywhere near my scum pool yet, so I'm glad the town investigation cleared him.

The GF option is still there of course, but I'm not going to give it much attention for now.

That leaves us with very few options for now. If blake doesn't post anything soon, I'm voting for him.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby aage on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:12 am

Could the first post be updated to include CM5's death and role?

I'll buy TFO's claim which means Neb is probably town. Iirc inventors also sometimes invent things that don't work or blow up in their faces, but Doom is the better pick anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:28 am

Random alignment on the roles. no real reason to assume there is a godfather at all. One scum may be more powerful but an ino on inv would be a dumb role on a game with random alignments.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:14 am

Well, how about this...can anyone think of a character that would then BECOME a godfather role? (Besides, you know, The Godfather).

The only one I can really think of is mob boss Tony Soprano.
Captain Gilligan

Postby sheepofdumb on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am

strike wolf wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

IMO, it's not worth doubting to the extent of lynching someone to check. If you doubt the role, maybe an investigation could check it tonight (Though that would be exposing who the cop has targeted) and come back if they find something relevant. But then we'd have to wonder if the investigator was trustworthy...and repeat the whole process. :-k :-k :-k

Of course there are other options. There's just a thing called being overly paranoid.

@Sheep: Aage says he said boom as a celebration of a mafia lynch. Names on the other hand are pretty much irrelevant except in cases of known non-mafia (Haymitch). Beyond that, alignment isn't based on the normal alignment of the character. I mean Mr. Rogers, Superman and Mother Teresa could all have been chosen to be mafia. Well maybe not that would suggest 5 mafia (I would assume 4 for this game size, could be wrong after all this isn't a normal game.)

Names are important this time around because it helps confirm the role. I don't want to give away my exact logic on this one but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out why. I don't expect there to be much in the way of role balancing and with random alignments a name becomes very important.

As for Neb, I think the only surefire way to check him now is to roleblock him. I don't think that's where our night efforts should go at this point. What we should do for our day actions I'm undecided on and need some time to mull it over.

Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 am

I'll operate under the assumption that TheForgivenOne is telling the truth and that his investigation is accurate for the time being. Therefor: Unvote Vote DoomYoshi, he is the scummiest person with votes on them right now after Neb.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives