Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am

First off unvote doom first off, I like his last few responses. Second, it really has served the purpose of generating discussion.

Next, why are we trying to openly guess /'s character? What advantage would that gain us? I know that character flavor doesnt translate to scum or town but it still feels just a little like role fishing.

Third, reviewing Jonty's posts, it is odd how newbish a few of them sound to me consodering how how long he has been a player.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby sheepofdumb on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 am

It was a little bit of role fishing to stir up some more discussion. It's an interesting PR and it's fun to try and figure it out.

Also, I believe my last vote was on Jonty, not doom.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:40 pm

spiesr wrote:
edocsil wrote:There is a lot of precedent for a Doom lynch turning into a retarded witch hunt and wasting a day.
Until DoomYoshi wises up and adjusts his playstyle to avoid such scenarios he will be a detriment to his team...

What should I do better?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:17 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I don't care who we lynch. I was just thinking no lynch doesnt make sense, and rish doesn't want to play anyway.

Not This.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby aage on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:05 pm

And although I enjoy it,
DoomYoshi wrote:Nope.
Not this either.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:21 pm

aage wrote:And although I enjoy it,
DoomYoshi wrote:Nope.
Not this either.

C`mon. I followed that immediately up with a post.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Day one, the only day where we can talk about a player's play style and try to help him improve :lol:
Sergeant new guy1

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:48 pm

edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I don't care who we lynch. I was just thinking no lynch doesnt make sense, and rish doesn't want to play anyway.

Not This.

I may not agree with the "I don't care" part (You should care! You wouldn't care if you were lynched ;P), I do agree with the no lynch making sense. It doesn't give us much info on voting style, and whatnot.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby sheepofdumb on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:57 pm

new guy1 wrote:Day one, the only day where we can talk about a player's play style and try to help him improve :lol:

Yeah, because after that we just lynch them.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby / on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:07 am

If you all want to see what's behind the mask, just ask, I warn you though... The ladies tend to swoon. ;)

Well, time to get serious, or as serious as I can be. Which isn't very much.

Jonty isn't the top of my list for scumminess, but at least we've got a nice chain to unweave once we've woven this tangled web we surf. Wait, chains are links right? Well then we'll find the missing link once we click the weak link that breaks the chain. Yeah, that makes sense, nailed it!

Anyways, unvote vote jonty

I think we should hold off on more until we're sure that there aren't a bunch of roles that mess with votes or something.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
edocsil wrote:

Not This.

I may not agree with the "I don't care" part (You should care! You wouldn't care if you were lynched ;P), I do agree with the no lynch making sense. It doesn't give us much info on voting style, and whatnot.

I assume you mean "I do agree with the no lynch not making sense?

I agree. The roleclaiming should be good in this one. Pretty much anything is possible.
Can't seem to find a deadline for day 1. How long do we have?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby / on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 am

StubbsKVM wrote:Can't seem to find a deadline for day 1. How long do we have?

Rule 13 says....
Negative six days left.
Anyone have a time machine?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby aage on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:54 am

/ wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:Can't seem to find a deadline for day 1. How long do we have?

Rule 13 says....
Negative six days left.
Anyone have a time machine?

Negative four days actually, but your point is correct.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:38 am

>< we all totally forgot. I am uncomfortable with a near random lynch with this much power at play, and the weak, weak, nature of many of the cases presented.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:51 am

13. Each game ‘day’ will last SEVEN 24 hour days. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the deadline if made, the player with the most votes will be lynched and the game will enter into the night phase. In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be determined by a 24-hour final ballot in which every player casts a final (no changes) vote for ANY player. If there is still a tie, a runoff ballot will be held between the two or more who tied. The deadline may be extended upon request.

Well, there will be a lynch.

Jonty, maybe it's time to make a claim?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

OK, L-2 claim time.

I'm Michael Gove. Town Decisive Politician. In the day, I can target up to 2 people, and order them to vote how I wish (i.e. I can tell / and strike to vote edoc). If at the end of the day, they haven't voted my target, they'll lose their vote to me the next day. I haven't used this role yet, and am more than willing to follow town's lead on how to use it.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 am

Interesting...

While the claim might be true, it seems like a very powerful townie. Almost too powerful. I would understand 1, but 2? He's controlling more than 1/6 of the votes...? Never mind how powerful his role gets late-game.
Captain Gilligan

Postby spiesr on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 am

Hmm, interesting claim. Sounds like we could verify his action, no way to know his alignment though and in this game it could easily be either. The role itself is kind of weird. It seems both powerful and useless at the same time. The potential to control two other player's votes in addition to your own is huge, especially later on. However, as town trying to control other player's votes is of questionable usefulness. And as scum it could be dangerous, but the with Jonty revealed to be the one behind the power there is a way to more or less shut down any threat it could pose.
Since he claims that the order is sort of option the first day (with the players only surrendering their vote if they don't comply) we could just tell Jonty that he is not allowed to use his power without the town giving prior instruction. If he is scum and tries to use his power against the town then the people he is trying to control just need to alert the town to this and then we lynch Jonty. If he is dead I assume he won't be able to steal their votes the next day.
As such I believe that his role claim makes him not really that helpful to the town, but not too dangerous to be left alive either. We just have to decide if we think he is scum or not. Right now I am not sure about that myself, but am leaning towards town. If we don't lynch him today we need to have him use his powers so that we can verify that they work as he claims.
Captain spiesr

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:24 am

jonty125 wrote:OK, L-2 claim time.

I'm Michael Gove. Town Decisive Politician. In the day, I can target up to 2 people, and order them to vote how I wish (i.e. I can tell / and strike to vote edoc). If at the end of the day, they haven't voted my target, they'll lose their vote to me the next day. I haven't used this role yet, and am more than willing to follow town's lead on how to use it.

I don't really believe this claim to be town :| I can't see a townie forcing someone to vote someone or else you lose your vote. I see it more as a third party type claim, or a mafia.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:32 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
jonty125 wrote:OK, L-2 claim time.

I don't really believe this claim to be town :| I can't see a townie forcing someone to vote someone or else you lose your vote. I see it more as a third party type claim, or a mafia.

The rules say role first, then alignment
The Rules wrote:Based on the data sent to me, I will create a role for the character. The player who sent me the character will recieve that role with a random alignment.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 pm

I see no reason to unvote here. I won't cry if he ends up being town, and it is probably too late to start another case.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:35 pm

I would believe it to be a town role rather than a mafia role.

How much mafia are there anyway? I can't seem to find a number. Or is it supposed to be secret?

This role sounds too powerful to be mafia. Combined with other mafia votes that could escalate quickly.
Not sure how exactly this power would work. Is it also a night power?

Not much use for it now though. If this is all true, and Jonty is still alive at the end of the game, it could prevent LYLO from occuring. Unless they just kill him, I guess. :lol:
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:38 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I would believe it to be a town role rather than a mafia role.

How much mafia are there anyway? I can't seem to find a number. Or is it supposed to be secret?

This role sounds too powerful to be mafia. Combined with other mafia votes that could escalate quickly.
Not sure how exactly this power would work. Is it also a night power?

Not much use for it now though. If this is all true, and Jonty is still alive at the end of the game, it could prevent LYLO from occuring. Unless they just kill him, I guess. :lol:

Mafia number is a secret, but normally there is between 20% and 30% non-town roles (includes 3rd party). I have no night powers.
Cook jonty125

Postby Djfireside on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Im also kind of hit or miss on this one. THe vote portion can be good and since the role was created before the alignment as stated I have to relinquish TFO's statement despite my agreement with it. In overall statement I would say that would befit a third party best but this could be easily tested. Is the power a single use or a daily occurance?
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:08 pm

I can't see the power helping town too much, unless it is used perfectly. In which case, jonty becomes VT.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives