Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:32 pm

jonty125 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
jonty125 wrote:OK, L-2 claim time.

I'm Michael Gove. Town Decisive Politician. In the day, I can target up to 2 people, and order them to vote how I wish (i.e. I can tell / and strike to vote edoc). If at the end of the day, they haven't voted my target, they'll lose their vote to me the next day. I haven't used this role yet, and am more than willing to follow town's lead on how to use it.

I don't really believe this claim to be town :| I can't see a townie forcing someone to vote someone or else you lose your vote. I see it more as a third party type claim, or a mafia.

The rules say role first, then alignment
The Rules wrote:Based on the data sent to me, I will create a role for the character. The player who sent me the character will recieve that role with a random alignment.

Hmmm, I guess, but you have to agree, it's not all that helpful to town. Well, at least to me, as I can't see it being helpful to use.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby edocsil on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Role isn't helpful to town, and some people (myself included) are doing a piss poor job of reading the OP. Random alignment, forced lynches.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby edocsil on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:16 pm

edocsil wrote:Role isn't helpful to town, and some people (myself included) are doing a piss poor job of reading the OP. Random alignment, forced lynches.

Vote Jonty
Edoc'sil

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:44 pm

I feel like this is a role that can be tested, but then again it could be kind of costly to try and test it. Regardless, if it indeed is town, it's most powerful near endgame. I don't think we need to make a lynch decision on this today.

unvote
Captain safariguy5

Postby edocsil on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I feel like this is a role that can be tested, but then again it could be kind of costly to try and test it. Regardless, if it indeed is town, it's most powerful near endgame. I don't think we need to make a lynch decision on this today.

unvote

Kinda do. No lynches are not permitted. We could never really determine if he is town or not either.
Edoc'sil

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 pm

edocsil wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I feel like this is a role that can be tested, but then again it could be kind of costly to try and test it. Regardless, if it indeed is town, it's most powerful near endgame. I don't think we need to make a lynch decision on this today.

unvote

Kinda do. No lynches are not permitted. We could never really determine if he is town or not either.

Brutal...

7. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:10 am

unvote, vote no lynch self-preservation vote
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:23 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
edocsil wrote:

unvote

Brutal...

So you favor a no lynch? Seems like we have a candidate for tomorrow already.

Jonty's role isn't overly powerful as mafia, actually, as his targets still have a choice whether they obey him or not. If two people come forward near endgame who are "forced" to vote someone, they can still choose to vote Jonty off and not lose their vote next round (as he'd be dead). If he is scum, he is now a puppet in the hands of town, but he will probably be dead when the lynch finally hits.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:12 am

aage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
edocsil wrote:

unvote

Brutal...

So you favor a no lynch? Seems like we have a candidate for tomorrow already.

Jonty's role isn't overly powerful as mafia, actually, as his targets still have a choice whether they obey him or not. If two people come forward near endgame who are "forced" to vote someone, they can still choose to vote Jonty off and not lose their vote next round (as he'd be dead). If he is scum, he is now a puppet in the hands of town, but he will probably be dead when the lynch finally hits.

Quite interesting that Aage would take my comment as somehow being in favor of a "no lynch" vote. If I wanted to vote "no lynch" I would, don't you think? No, I was just pointing out how brutal edocs understanding of the game mechanics are, as he again falsely states that town can not vote for "no lynch." Clearly rule 7 says you can.

So, the two questions are:

1. Why is edoc claiming things are true without even reading the rules? Trying to mislead town? He has played long enough to know that each game varies and should read the rules. So, this isn't a rookie mistake.
2. Why did Aage claim that I support a "no lynch" and try to set me up as "a candidate for tomorrow already"? I'm clearly voting for Jonty right now. This seems indicative of mafia trying to discredit everyone else so that in future days they can make a case against them.

We've been on Jonty a few days, and it doesn't appear that he will get the votes needed. So we can either sit in this stalemate until deadline, or we can move elsewhere. So, I will follow my weak case #2. Unvote. Vote Aage.

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:03 am

I agree with Neb here. He simply quoted the rules because there was a misinterpretation of them.

Considering this as an attempt to not lynch is completely ridiculous.

If we could get an actual deadline for this day, that would really be helpful.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby Djfireside on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:46 pm

You do make a point on the two. I would day that edoc is being a bit overzealous on the must lynch portion which always looks eager to get through the day. I concur with the fact that you were simply stating fact to debunk edoc's statement but aage seems like a vengence vote. Im unsure of what edocs train of thought was on that statement though as you are
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:20 pm

It is curious. I will wait to see what edoc says before weighing in. It seems we have lost pcm though, so maybe jonty can take over modding after he is lynched :lol:
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:48 am

Sorry my intent was unclear. We can "vote nolynch" but as we have seen this is sort of suicide to bring about on D1, or really most any other day. It's lazy and largely unproductive . What we can't do is default to nolynch due to an indecisive majority like we are currently seeing in this game.

Also FoS Neb. You are splitting the votes needlessly. You were already wagoning jonty, and imo throwing him under the bus for town credit. Now you have seen that he is unlikely to receive a large support to lynch and you refer to our ability to NL but do not suggest it yourself because the one who suggests NL usually dies. You just casually bring it to everyone's attention, perhaps setting something up to pounce on. Then you vote Aage for extrapolating (suposedly) too far that you would perhaps support an no lynch, which is not a valid case even if it were factual. You by implication have tenancies to believe that a NL may be appropriate. You did in fact bring it up, and coincidentally gave jonty a door he could try to run through and live till tomorrow.

TLDR: I think jonty and neb are scum buddies. I want to hang jonty and test my scumbuddy hypothesis if jonty in fact proves to be scum.
Edoc'sil

Postby aage on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:16 pm

edocsil wrote:Sorry my intent was unclear. We can "vote nolynch" but as we have seen this is sort of suicide to bring about on D1, or really most any other day. It's lazy and largely unproductive . What we can't do is default to nolynch due to an indecisive majority like we are currently seeing in this game.

Also FoS Neb. You are splitting the votes needlessly. You were already wagoning jonty, and imo throwing him under the bus for town credit. Now you have seen that he is unlikely to receive a large support to lynch and you refer to our ability to NL but do not suggest it yourself because the one who suggests NL usually dies. You just casually bring it to everyone's attention, perhaps setting something up to pounce on. Then you vote Aage for extrapolating (suposedly) too far that you would perhaps support an no lynch, which is not a valid case even if it were factual. You by implication have tenancies to believe that a NL may be appropriate. You did in fact bring it up, and coincidentally gave jonty a door he could try to run through and live till tomorrow.

TLDR: I think jonty and neb are scum buddies. I want to hang jonty and test my scumbuddy hypothesis if jonty in fact proves to be scum.

I was going to post the same thing. Not much to add, so hear, hear. So far, more than half of the players don't seem interested in moving the game forward. No lynching was, is and always will be the worst course of action on day 1.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby StubbsKVM on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:34 pm

edocsil wrote:Sorry my intent was unclear. We can "vote nolynch" but as we have seen this is sort of suicide to bring about on D1, or really most any other day. It's lazy and largely unproductive . What we can't do is default to nolynch due to an indecisive majority like we are currently seeing in this game.

I don't agree on Neb suggesting a no lynch. He simply quoted the rules to point out there is a possibility. After there was some misunderstandings, I don't see this as a way to support a no lynch. The fact that you're using this to pull off a Jonty/Neb coalition is ridiculous. Reading back, it was actually you who caused this misunderstanding.

Not permitted. It just looks like you wanted someone to clear that up.

Aage seems to be following your case though.

Could someone else please give me their views on Neb, Neb/Jonty and Edoc?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby aage on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm not lynching Edoc on principle day 1, but don't think this doesn't go unnoticed ;) I didn't point it out because I wanted to see how it would unfold.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Im back after almost 30 hours of power outages and another day of cleaning up. Anyways, I don really trust any of you (aage, edoc, neb) in this case. The only viable lynch that provides good information and can be guaranteed to produce a lynch is Jont. vote Jonty
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby / on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Meh, anytime you want to command who I vote against, just write a check, preferably a blank check with pictures of Mexican food on it, actually just give me the food.
What was I getting at?
Right! I'm sick and tired of being controlled all the time by you pushy people in the "real world". I mean, it started out with the writers, then the players, now the keyboard users?!
You are mathematically dangerous if scum, I mean for games this size there could be like 4 or 5 scum, plus 2 extra votes subtracted from townies, if we just got down to 12 or 14 that would be game over. I'm afraid I've gotta leave my vote unless someone else wants to confess.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm

[/quote][/quote]

Also FoS Neb. You are splitting the votes needlessly. You were already wagoning jonty, and imo throwing him under the bus for town credit.
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But let me get this right. I'm scummy because I'm now "splitting the vote"...but if I stayed on Jonty, I was only voting him for "town credit." So, either way, I'm scum in your eyes. Nice.
edocsil wrote:Now you have seen that he is unlikely to receive a large support
He was at L-2. Nobody else was voting for him. I didn't feel like scratching my butt for the next couple weeks while nothing happens. Isn't the goal to get a lynch? Would you rather have us stalemate to a lynch on Jonty? Is that better?
edocsil wrote:to lynch and you refer to our ability to NL but do not suggest it yourself because the one who suggests NL usually dies. You just casually bring it to everyone's attention, perhaps setting something up to pounce on.
Nice try. I was pointing out the fact that you stated the following:
edocsil wrote:

unvote

Notice how you say No lynches are not permitted. I was clarifying that a "no lynch" vote is, in fact, valid. Your statement was false.
edocsil wrote:Then you vote Aage for extrapolating (suposedly) too far that you would perhaps support an no lynch, which is not a valid case even if it were factual. You by implication have tenancies to believe that a NL may be appropriate. You did in fact bring it up, and coincidentally gave jonty a door he could try to run through and live till tomorrow.
I'm not even sure what you are saying here. I voted Aage for the way HE was setting me up as his target on day 2...
aage wrote:So you favor a no lynch? Seems like we have a candidate for tomorrow already.
Maybe I jumped the gun on him, but who the hell is already setting up D2 lynch targets when D1 has not even ended?

edocsil wrote:TLDR: I think jonty and neb are scum buddies. I want to hang jonty and test my scumbuddy hypothesis if jonty in fact proves to be scum.
Oh, looks like Edoc would set up a D2 lynch target without D1 being over. (What does TLDR mean?) I'm not sure what logic you are using that would connect Jonty and I as scum buddies. It's that kind of thinking that screws town over, and you know it. I have no problem lynching Jonty. His role is useless as far as I'm concerned. The problem is that if I go back to Jonty, you'll all hang me tomorrow. If I don't vote him, you'll all hang me tomorrow. So, it looks like edoc and aage get their wish on D2.

Postby spiesr on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:47 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I agree with Neb here. He simply quoted the rules because there was a misinterpretation of them.
I agree with this Nebuchadnezer pointing out that what Edoc'sil was saying what exactly what the rules were seem like just that to me.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:(What does TLDR mean?)
Too long, didn't read.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:18 am

So, it looks like edoc and aage get their wish on D2.

Is jonty going to flip scum?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

No.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

I suppose he'd know.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:00 am

aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I suppose he'd know.

I would :D
Cook jonty125

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:49 am

jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I suppose he'd know.

I would :D

Watch your quote there...sounds like you'd flip, not know
Captain Gilligan

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives