Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ValkyriaChroniclesMafia (14/20): D4 - Valkyria Unleashed

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Not much time. Quick post. I am going to say that Saf and Neb both seem pretty clear choices for The Federation to me. The only question is do we want to lynch them or focus on the Empire today? I don't think the Empire can win with the Federation and vice versa from what I can make of the plot and scenes, so eliminating one side too quickly may actually backfire on us. Ultimately, I think we should look elsewhere and come back to Safari as the safe lynch if we don't have a solid lead on the empire.

Ga7: You said that the decreasing number needed for lynch would continue to hurt us more as we neared end game but you still voted for it despite knowing it was for the entire game. Why? I understand it's fun but considering your logic wouldn't it be better for town if we went with the other system?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:12 pm

strike wolf wrote:Not much time. Quick post. I am going to say that Saf and Neb both seem pretty clear choices for The Federation to me. The only question is do we want to lynch them or focus on the Empire today? I don't think the Empire can win with the Federation and vice versa from what I can make of the plot and scenes, so eliminating one side too quickly may actually backfire on us. Ultimately, I think we should look elsewhere and come back to Safari as the safe lynch if we don't have a solid lead on the empire.

Ga7: You said that the decreasing number needed for lynch would continue to hurt us more as we neared end game but you still voted for it despite knowing it was for the entire game. Why? I understand it's fun but considering your logic wouldn't it be better for town if we went with the other system?

You have to remember I said the same thing about the system. I choose the old system if it was for the whole game, but would have chosen traditional if it had only been for one day.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Well, fair enough. I'll wait my turn for the attention...although, I am now completely confused, and may just have to request the original role message from Minister to clear things up for me... Until then, I follow Iron's lead...Vote Safariguy L-5.

Iron should not reveal anything more until safariguy claims...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 pm

I agree that Iron shouldnt reveal anything till saf's claim.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Crap...unvote

I'll wait until I have my original role message, because I'm getting conflicting information about town roles from what people are posting. Once I have that message, I'll decide what information is bogus.

I still think safari will be pushed to claim, and I may revote, but all these ???s are throwing me off.

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (14/20): D4 - Valkyria Unleashed

Postby spiesr on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:22 pm

nagerous wrote:I say withhold your information until safari posts his defence. That way he can't use it to his advantage if constructing a fake claim etc.
I am not sure what sort of "defense" are you expecting when the nature of the accusation is a secret. I mean if you are just wanting him to claim I can get onboard with that, but if you want something else I don't see what you are expecting. And if you are just wanting the claim why are you talking around it?
Captain spiesr

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (14/20): D4 - Valkyria Unleash

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 pm

spiesr wrote:
nagerous wrote:I say withhold your information until safari posts his defence. That way he can't use it to his advantage if constructing a fake claim etc.
I am not sure what sort of "defense" are you expecting when the nature of the accusation is a secret. I mean if you are just wanting him to claim I can get onboard with that, but if you want something else I don't see what you are expecting. And if you are just wanting the claim why are you talking around it?
Do you think

Do you think Safari should claim?

The nature of the accusation is not secrete. I believe safari is scum. I believe he is scum because of the item I have stolen from him. He does not know what I have stolen.

In my eyes the goal is to get a claim and to see if his claim lines up with what I stole.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ga7 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Vote Saf because I was convinced he was scum before IB's claim, but let's hear his claim I guess...
I gave it some thought over the night and I'm not convinced Flores was linked to a larger faction ultimately, which made me doubtful of Neb, but we'll see.

Strike: while this game has definitely picked up, we had at least 5 people inactive (probably more) during day 2. I don't see a workable way around it unless the new system is in place, and from what I saw of Chu's game he should have kept it there. Of course Masket has been more reactive with replacements etc so all in all I don't think it'll be a problem here regardless, and while in certain conditions it could render the endgame unfair for town, I do believe after seeing how Chu's game is shaping up and the state of mafia here that inactives and noobs would be bigger factors to hinder town in general so bleh. In retrospect I'd say it was a good decision :P
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:46 am

Well, that's not very good for us to have the doc dead.... any chance there is a second doc hiding somewhere to save us?

I agree Safari was looking pretty suspicious yesterday, and since the item stolen was also suspicious he'll probably be our lynch for today. Before we lynch him, should we look into someone like Neb, with the whole vote/unvote/revote thing looking suspicious, plus rishead who was saying Neb was suspicious was the one who got killed... maybe he killed him to remove his main accuser? Is it better to look around more before the lynch, or just go ahead and lynch the pretty sure thing?

strike wolf wrote:Not much time. Quick post. I am going to say that Saf and Neb both seem pretty clear choices for The Federation to me. The only question is do we want to lynch them or focus on the Empire today? I don't think the Empire can win with the Federation and vice versa from what I can make of the plot and scenes, so eliminating one side too quickly may actually backfire on us. Ultimately, I think we should look elsewhere and come back to Safari as the safe lynch if we don't have a solid lead on the empire.

This also looks pretty suspicious... why wouldn't you want to lynch one of the "clear choices"? Maybe because you're on their side?
Major HotShot53

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (14/20): D4 - Valkyria Unleash

Postby nagerous on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:42 am

spiesr wrote:

Are you trying to purposefully be difficult?

I am not going to do safari's job for him but there is more to constructing a defence than just an out and out claim.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:43 am

I'm British as well mate, it is spelt defence.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 am

He is 90% likely to be scum but I still want to hear what he has to say, there is always the potential for logical reasoning.
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:50 am

HotShot53 wrote:Well, that's not very good for us to have the doc dead.... any chance there is a second doc hiding somewhere to save us?

I agree Safari was looking pretty suspicious yesterday, and since the item stolen was also suspicious he'll probably be our lynch for today. Before we lynch him, should we look into someone like Neb, with the whole vote/unvote/revote thing looking suspicious, plus rishead who was saying Neb was suspicious was the one who got killed... maybe he killed him to remove his main accuser? Is it better to look around more before the lynch, or just go ahead and lynch the pretty sure thing?

This also looks pretty suspicious... why wouldn't you want to lynch one of the "clear choices"? Maybe because you're on their side?

As I said, I believe Saf to be federation not empire. I believe it fits his behavior. I think he is a threat but he is not the only threat. The biggest threat in the game is the Empire and they would be my first choice for a lynch. Gaining information while having a legitimate fall back to lynch never hurts town. Unless Safari gives a solid claim, there's about a 90% chance he'll be the lynch regardless.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:16 am

Okay. Got that cleared up. My original message matches with what Iron stated.

Vote Safariguy

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm General Radi Jaegar, one of the mafia commanders. Hold the votes please until I reveal my full role.

My first power is that I'm bulletproof (gained Night 1).

My second power is that at any time, I can choose to become a third party survivor. This will be revealed publically as well (I assume by the mod). This I received on Night 2. If I do declare, I lose my mafia perks.

Also, I now know about newguy and ghostly, not exactly sure what the significance of that is.

I also know somehow that jonty has a night action.

So yes, technically, I am scum, but not one that absolutely has to die in order for the Gallians or any one else win. It probably wouldn't be wise for me to declare third party now because then I lose bulletproof protection and my fellow mafia members or other anti town factions will probably try to kill me. But if you guys do indeed take out the rest of the mafia faction, I have no problem declaring third party at endgame.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I'm General Radi Jaegar, one of the mafia commanders. Hold the votes please until I reveal my full role.

My first power is that I'm bulletproof (gained Night 1).

My second power is that at any time, I can choose to become a third party survivor. This will be revealed publically as well (I assume by the mod). This I received on Night 2. If I do declare, I lose my mafia perks.

Also, I now know about newguy and ghostly, not exactly sure what the significance of that is.

I also know somehow that jonty has a night action.

So yes, technically, I am scum, but not one that absolutely has to die in order for the Gallians or any one else win. It probably wouldn't be wise for me to declare third party now because then I lose bulletproof protection and my fellow mafia members or other anti town factions will probably try to kill me. But if you guys do indeed take out the rest of the mafia faction, I have no problem declaring third party at endgame.

1. Tell us more about newguy and ghostly. What do you know?
2. Jonty has a night action...great. I'm quite sure most of us do.
3. LOL..."Trust me guys, I'll turn good, if you kill the bad guys before me." I say, screw you. Declare 3rd party immediately, or you hang. Or else, give up your fellow mafia, and we might think of hanging them first. I'm not sure why you think they'd kill you if you declare third party survivor anyway...you still are no threat to them. Your story stinks. Declare 3rd party or hang, is my opinion.

Looks like we have a "sure" thing here, and I don't think we should pass it up...unless he declares today to be third party.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Is ghostly even in this game anymore?

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I replaced ghostly. I really don't know why you would reveal this information and even hesitate to change to third party as it sounds like if you aren't you've already committed yourself to being lynched.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:28 pm

I can clear anything up that he may botch in an attempt to make a lynch on us more favorable. Let me know if you want me to post before him, after him, or doesnt matter. Safari, I feel that I believe the ability to change to third party is possible because you sound like, well the godfather of a group. It makes sense that a commander, if he felt there was no chance left to win, would switch to become a refugee of sorts. Unfortunately I could also see him going to the winning side when he changed sides. I am interested in what you know about me though. NEBU, open your eyes jonty is supposed to be dead and he has a night action?

Safari, you might want to ask the mod if you can rat on your team, because while I feel it would be a little unfair to them, its a valid thing to ask of someone who is claiming to be able to change to third party, and so I could see alot of people requesting it. Just a thought.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:37 pm

new guy1 wrote:I can clear anything up that he may botch in an attempt to make a lynch on us more favorable. Let me know if you want me to post before him, after him, or doesnt matter. Safari, I feel that I believe the ability to change to third party is possible because you sound like, well the godfather of a group. It makes sense that a commander, if he felt there was no chance left to win, would switch to become a refugee of sorts. Unfortunately I could also see him going to the winning side when he changed sides. I am interested in what you know about me though. NEBU, open your eyes jonty is supposed to be dead and he has a night action?

Derp. Hard to remember all this stuff coming in late and all the replacements...that is interesting. Safariguy...Jonty HAS a night action, or HAD a night action?

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:38 pm

I stole from safari a "skull of an ox-like creature" it does not appear to be native to Gallian.

His claim seems to be true as all pics of him show an ox like skull on his uniform. But I do not believe he is telling the truth function wise. He knew he was caught one way or the other as he did not know about the item i stole. He had to come clean BUT how do you come clean as a mafia bad guy without lieing?

Even if we let him live as a third party there is no guarantee of anything good coming from it. The only plus is he gets to live.
We need more then the fact that he can turn into a survivor,

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:44 pm

saf i would agree become 3rd party or be lynched, unless you can give us the other scum.
and i also want clarification you said that jonty has a night action, jonty was lynced, so are you saying that he still does have a night action or that you knew he had one?
Captain gregwolf121

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Well, that's not a claim I would have expected... whether or not he's allowed to reveal the other scum is a good question, because if it's allowed that would pretty much with the game for us. For that reason, I kind of wonder about that switching claim, even without directly revealing scum he could give indications by his voting or whatever, seems kind of unbalanced, so I don't know if I believe it or not.

Whatever happens, it's unlikely he'll survive... if he switches he'll be a target for the scum, or we'll lynch him if no-one better is available... and if he doesn't switch we should lynch him as known scum anyway.

But in any case, I'll wait to vote until we see what other information he can give.
Major HotShot53

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Who cares if he goes third party? He still has the knowledge of two sides...
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Alright, so Iron Butterfly's result (now that it has been revealed) clearly points to safariguy being a character who is almost certainly scum. Safariguy admits to it but says that he can become third party. So Vote safariguy. If you want us to buy your story give us the identity of the rest of the mafia. Your choices now are get lynched or give us the info and hope that somebody saves you from the scum's probable kill on you as a traitor.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives