Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (8/20): D6 - An End to War?

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:48 am

Minister Masket wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:Please do leave your thoughts on the game's mechanics and questions. I know safari's defection was a defining moment, and it may have seemed odd for all the mafia to be outed. Consider up until that point the mafia had been utterly dominant, and that moment took extremely good town play to not only out safari but convince him to squeal. Exactly the type of play that deserve to win a game really. ^^
Meh, once safariguy turned survivor outing all of his info to the town was the only logical choice he really had.

I disagree in that at that point with all the mafia still alive, a survivor openly betraying them was tantamount to suicide. Not exactly good survivor play for someone wanting to come away with a win, so I wasn't expecting safariguy to do that at all.
strike wolf wrote:
nagerous wrote:
I feel left out :(

I wanted to recruit you but unless I misread my role I could only recruit actual recruits.

You were one of three town roles that couldn't be recruited. You. Princess, and Townshend.

Speaking of which, I did enjoy the paranoid posts about a Federation cult in the game. :mrgreen:
That would've been a bit too ambitious, even for me.

Oh yeah, what did everyone think of the perk system?
rish - yours was one night away from unlocking. Unlucky bud. I'll post the roles and perks when I get time next. Probably Wednesday.

Like I said, I didn't want to either, but town was going to hate lynch me anyways, so what exactly was I going to do?

You know guys, letting me remain bulletproof would have allowed a later third party switch and bypassed the necessity for roleblocking (which wasn't effective in the end anyways)
Captain safariguy5

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Postby nagerous on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks for the game Masket. Unlucky safari, your death was unfortunate.
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:49 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:Please do leave your thoughts on the game's mechanics and questions. I know safari's defection was a defining moment, and it may have seemed odd for all the mafia to be outed. Consider up until that point the mafia had been utterly dominant, and that moment took extremely good town play to not only out safari but convince him to squeal. Exactly the type of play that deserve to win a game really. ^^
Meh, once safariguy turned survivor outing all of his info to the town was the only logical choice he really had.

I disagree in that at that point with all the mafia still alive, a survivor openly betraying them was tantamount to suicide. Not exactly good survivor play for someone wanting to come away with a win, so I wasn't expecting safariguy to do that at all.
strike wolf wrote:
nagerous wrote:
I feel left out :(

I wanted to recruit you but unless I misread my role I could only recruit actual recruits.

You were one of three town roles that couldn't be recruited. You. Princess, and Townshend.

Speaking of which, I did enjoy the paranoid posts about a Federation cult in the game. :mrgreen:
That would've been a bit too ambitious, even for me.

rish - yours was one night away from unlocking. Unlucky bud. I'll post the roles and perks when I get time next. Probably Wednesday.

Like I said, I didn't want to either, but town was going to hate lynch me anyways, so what exactly was I going to do?

You know guys, letting me remain bulletproof would have allowed a later third party switch and bypassed the necessity for roleblocking (which wasn't effective in the end anyways)

Only problem is I don't think any of us would have trusted you if you stayed mafia.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:27 pm

If I see another MM game up, I'm totally joining it 8)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
spiesr wrote:

The perk system was interesting, I'd play another game with that. I also like the vote countdown method.

With the safari case though... I'm afraid your reasoning was backwards. It would have been complete suicide for him to not out us. Either the town would have lynched him for not giving us up, or if he survived that, I would have ordered him killed to prevent him from revealing us later. By outing us, he assured himself of not getting lynched, and he had no value for us to kill him anymore, other than just revenge since the game was virtually over anyway. In my opinion, if a mafia is allowed to switch to third party, they should have to be a hermit and not post/vote for the rest of the game, and just hope to survive. I know that is boring... but otherwise as soon as he's found it's game over as you saw.
Major HotShot53

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Yeah, but as long as I fed you guys one mafia player a day, I was basically unkillable by the mafia (except the bomb of course). I mean, I could easily tell you guys that you had more than enough townies considering the number of mafia players left, so really all you would be gambling is one possible mislynch. In which case you had a dayvig to off me anyways. Remaining mafia also meant you guys could not waste protections or whatnot on me.
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Actually I could kill bulletproof people once I got Valkyria powers.
Captain spiesr

Postby ga7 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks for the game Masket, it was fun (and did get me to enjoy mafia again contrary to a certain other game :D). Still waiting for the roles etc to comment tho!
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:01 pm

ENDGAME FINAL POST

My new mafia game will be starting soon, and I recently realised not only did I not post all of the role PMs here once this game was over, but they're all still sitting in my inbox. So to wipe that folder clean, here are all the roles:

Minister Masket wrote:Welcome to the game soldier.

You are Welkin Gunther. Nature lover, able tank commander, son of a war hero, and unlikely protagonist of Valkyria Chronicles.

Here's where things get interesting. In-game, VC uses a 'perk' system that provides boosts to the characters, and I had a crazy idea to carry that over here. So while you have your role, that in itself doesn't provide your role powers. For example:

??? (Recruiter)
??? (Bulletproof)
??? (1-shot Daytime Kill)

Here you have three perks, one of which is known to you. The others are either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.

Recruiter allows you to recruit one person every night into your mason group - Squad 7. Anyone in Squad 7 can communicate during night phases (I recommend Skype).
Already with you is Alicia (gregwolf121), but you will need more recruits to stand a better chance to survive.
However...recruit the wrong person...and you'll place all of Squad 7 in jeopardy. Be sure in your choices.

Obviously, you are town, so you win when all mafia threats are eliminated.
If everything seems fine, confirm in game thread - viewtopic.php?f=213&t=198684

Good luck out there soldier.

You are Alicia Melchiott - town baker girl turned scout for the town watch, now finding herself under the command of Welkin Gunther in Squad 7.

Here's where things get interesting. In-game, VC uses a 'perk' system that provides boosts to the characters, and I had a crazy idea to carry that over here. So while you have your role, that in itself doesn't provide your role powers. For example:

??? (1-shot Motivator)
??? (1-shot Bulletproof)
??? (Valkyria)

Here you have three perks. These are either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.
That said, you are automatically in Squad 7 - a town mason group for the game, headed by Welkin (ghostly447). Anyone in this group can communicate during night phases (I recommend Skype).

Obviously, you are town, so you win when all mafia threats are eliminated.

Good luck out there soldier...

You are Isara Gunther - a young Darcsen girl blessed with a real talent for engineering. Adopted at a young age into the Gunther family, she vowed to follow and support her brother Welkin however she could.

Recruit
??? (Darcsen Bond)
??? (Inventor)

Here you have three perks, one of which is known to you. The others are either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.
Right now, as a recruit, you have no powers in particular.

Naturally, you are town, so you win when all mafia threats are eliminated.

Minister Masket wrote:Welcome to the game, soldier.

You are Faldio Landzaat - tank commander, staff officer, possible ladies man, and unlikely fashion designer.

Recruit
??? (Jack-of-all-Trades)
??? (Targeter - Alicia)

You are town, so naturally, you win when all mafia threats are eliminated.

You are Captain Eleanor Varrot - veteran of EW1 and now a respected officer in the Gallian military.

Your role is Squad 7 Enabler - meaning if you die, those in Squad 7 will not be able to perform night actions for the following night.

You are Largo Potter - veteran of EW1, skilled lancer and vegetables enthusiast.

Recruit
??? (Roleblocker)

Here you have two perks, one of which is known to you. The other is either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.

You are Brigitte "Rosie" Stark (no relation to Ned) - former bartender and singer, now a feared shocktrooper for the Gallian militia.

Recruit
??? (Darcsen Hater)
??? ((1-shot kill, if Isara dies)
??? (Darcsen Bond)

Here you have four perks, one of which is known to you. The others are either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.

You are Zaka - a young Darcsan man from a poor background who gets dragged into the Gallian War when the Empire invades his hometown.

Recruit
??? (Darcsen Bond)
??? (Bulletproof)
??? (1-shot Daytime Kill)

Here you have four perks, one of which is known to you. The other is either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.

Minister Masket wrote:Welcome to the game.

You are Princess Cordelia gi Randgriz - young heir to the throne of Gallia, awaiting coronation. However, the outbreak of war has ended all hopes of that for now.

(sweet hat)

Beloved Princess
??? (Priestess)
??? (Darcsen Bond)
??? (Bulletproof)

Here you have four perks, one of which is known to you. The others are either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.

Right now, as Beloved Princess, if you die, the next day phase is skipped, which typically isn't good.

Naturally, you are town, so you win when all mafia threats are eliminated.

Good luck out there.

You are Wavy - a Darcsan soldier fiercely loyal to the Gallian cause.

Recruit
??? (Darcsen Bond)
??? (Bodyguard)

You are Vyse Inglebard - an enthusiastic new recruit to the Gallain militia. It's almost like he walked in from another game...

Recruit
??? (Watcher)

Here you have two perks, one of which is known to you. The other is either unlocked over time or through special conditions - which may or may not be revealed to you. Also bear in mind that while you are playing by the perk system, not everyone might be. Stay on your guard.

You are Edy Nelson - failed singer turned actress, unexpected recruit to the Gallian militia, and star of her own DLC series for some reason.

(must be the pigtails)

Recruit
??? (Thief)

You are Oscar Bielert - a steadfast and able sniper, who joined the Gallian militia to protect his brother.

Recruit
??? (Watcher)
??? (Tracker)

You are "Medic" Mina - one of triplets who decided to provide her able medical skills to the Gallian cause.

Recruit
??? (Doctor)
??? (SuperDoc)

You are Crown Prince Maximillian - heir to the throne of the Empire and high commander of the invasion of Gallia.

(now that's one way to look badass)

Mafia Godfather
??? (Enabler)
??? (Mafia Framer)
??? (Valkyria)

Of course, you can talk during night phases (I recommend Skype) with your fellow mafia members, who are:

General Selvaria Bles - JamesKer1
General Radi Jaeger - safariguy5
General Berthold Gregor - kratos664

As Godfather, it is down to you to send to me a kill for each night, if you so desire one.

And as mafia, you win when you either outnumber the town members or eliminate them entirely.

Good luck out there.

You are Selvaria Bles - undefeated commander of the Empire's forces and game cover star of Valkyria Chronicles.

Mafia Commander
??? (Valkyria)
??? (Bomb)

You can talk during night phases (I recommend Skype) with your fellow mafia commanders, who are:

Crown Prince Maximilian - HotShot53

And as mafia, you win when you either outnumber the town members or eliminate them entirely.

Good luck out there.

You are Major General Radi Jaeger - one of 3 commanders of the Gallian invasion, a level-headed strategist and an honourable soldier at heart.

(cool name bro)

Mafia Commander
??? (Bulletproof)

??? (3rd Party Convert Survivor)

You can talk during night phases (I recommend Skype) with your fellow mafia commanders, who are:

Good luck out there.

You are Major General Berthold Gregor - commander of the Empire's forces in Gallia, noble of the Imperial court, able tactician and avid equestrian.

Mafia Commander
??? (Darcsen Hater)
??? (Janitor)

Good luck out there.

You are Jean Townshend - ambassador to the Federation, on a diplomatic mission to Gallia.

(dat hair)

3rd Party Survivor
??? (Targeter - Cordelia)

As a 3rd party survivor, right now you're not entirely bothered who wins, so long as you stay alive until the end of the game.

Good luck out there.

You are Maurits von Borg - Prime Minister of Gallia, noble, and overseer of the throne until the Princess' coronation.

(sweet mustache bro)

Politician
??? (Traitor)
??? (Mafia Politician)

Right now, as a politican, you can every night 'buy' a player's vote. During the next day phase, that player must vote for whoever you choose.

Good luck out there.

NIGHT ACTIONS

Night 1:
jonty buys gregwolf's vote
HotShot kills Lootifer
Safari recruits new guy1

Night 2:
Flores kidnaps virus! BONUS IS ON
ga7 investigates IB
TFO watches virus
rish protects virus
TWO roleblocks virus
ghostly fails to recruit safari
IB steals a wrench from newguy
HotShot kills TFO

Night 3:
New guy gets items
IB steals from safari
Neb blocks ga7
New guy and rish protect nagerous
ga7 tracks Safari
Strike recruits Commander9
HotShot kills rish and frames Neb

Day 4:
Strike kills HotShot!

Night 4:
Kratos is skipped
gregwolf motivates Strike
Strike recruits ga7 and IB
ga7 shoots Nark
IB steals from Nark

Night 5:
Kratos kills and janitors safariguy5
ga7 protects nag
IB steals from nag
Strike recruits Nark

Very much doubt they'll be any questions at this point but happy to take any since there were a few custom roles used here.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby ga7 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Only took you 3 years :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm just impressed he still had the information.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Minister Masket on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:35 pm

ga7 wrote:Only took you 3 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 years, 11 months and around 22 days ACTUALLY. GOSHHHHHH.

Fortunately I was organised with a separate Inbox folder for all the Role PMs and a word document with all the actions in.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives