Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 1

Postby new guy1 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Sorry for the lack of posts. Thanksgiving and all that threw me for a loop, but I have managed to keep up. I want to Unvote as it just seems weird to still have my joke vote applied. Unfortunately, I have nothing to add after my absence, but I do find edoc's post peculiar:

show

That one ^

But I see its been overlooked by many. I dont know if this is cause hes a vet, or he gave reasons, but I didnt see reasons. For now, its just something for me to remember, but other than that, hope everyone enjoyed their holidays/lack of them.

fp
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:04 pm

I want to give Com9 more time, but we do need activity. I will unvote vote Com9 until he gets in and posts.
Captain safariguy5

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:37 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I want to give Com9 more time, but we do need activity. I will unvote vote Com9 until he gets in and posts.

Feels like you are trying to detract from edoc's case. It seems like Com has been inactive in general, so I don't think lynching him is right when we have so many great replacements available. I would hate to see our day 1 lynch be someone incredibly beneficial.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:46 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I want to give Com9 more time, but we do need activity. I will unvote vote Com9 until he gets in and posts.

Feels like you are trying to detract from edoc's case. It seems like Com has been inactive in general, so I don't think lynching him is right when we have so many great replacements available. I would hate to see our day 1 lynch be someone incredibly beneficial.

Exactly... And the ramifications of a misplaced vote when required number drops by two per day is.... dangerous, to say the least.

virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby edocsil on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:19 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:

There is piss-all of a case on me. I made a statement, a few disagreed without presenting WHY. This is critical.

People are clearly free to disagree with each other here, but if you cannot provide reasoning to your case all you have are words, and no case at all. It is fairly clear that I did not understand that anarks vote was largely in jest (he said so later), and that my assumption that he was illogically trying to lynch flores was invalid.

All that happened is that jonty and you did not understand my reasoning, the same as I did not understand anark.

Yeesh. :?
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:26 pm

edocsil wrote:All that happened is that jonty and you did not understand my reasoning, the same as I did not understand anark.

I hope you at least noticed that *I* did not vote you. I saw where you were coming from, which is why I actually bothered to answer... You know I don't answer questions or accusations directed at me if I think they are dumb. :ugeek:
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:50 pm

edocsil wrote:
JamesKer1 wrote:

There is piss-all of a case on me. I made a statement, a few disagreed without presenting WHY. This is critical.

People are clearly free to disagree with each other here, but if you cannot provide reasoning to your case all you have are words, and no case at all. It is fairly clear that I did not understand that anarks vote was largely in jest (he said so later), and that my assumption that he was illogically trying to lynch flores was invalid.

All that happened is that jonty and you did not understand my reasoning, the same as I did not understand anark.

So there was a "misunderstanding", and you now know that Nark was "joking"... Ok, so why didn't you unvote him?

My vote stays, you just made my "words" (since apparently they aren't considered a case) stronger
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby Lootifer on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:03 am

unvote

This system scares me. But could be fun.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:26 am

Just to let you all know, I'm heading on vacation today for a week... I'll have my laptop and internet access though, so I'll still be checking in every evening and most mornings, just won't be on all day long like I am now.

I think my joke vote is still out there, and the number of votes needed to lynch are dropping, so I will Unvote

Unfortunately, I have no clue who to vote now... would doing something like voting edoc just to get a role claim and something going be a good reason, or would that be considered bandwagoning? Or else, in the limited time, I would just have to vote for someone who's inactive, like com9. Someone is going to get lynched soon... not many votes needed now, and even fewer tomorrow.
Captain HotShot53

Postby virus90 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:39 am

4 days left right? so 8 votes now?
still have no clue.. aswell. wonder if i am gonna get any at all day 1...
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:44 am

I hate to agree with hotshot, but we need a claim or some info or SOMETHING to get the day going.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:28 pm

okay im back, sorry for the extended absence, umm the only major event that i saw, besides the # needed to lynch dropping each day, was edoc's case and the reactions against it. i'll agree that it wasn't a particularly strong case but you usually don't find many of those on day 1, but i don't think it bad enough to warrant a vote on edoc,
quick lynch's rarely help town out. but anark is right we do need to get some information out of today.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby nagerous on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Is he going to post though? - he has been inactive across the board so it is not a scum tell. With this current system in place are you proposing therefore a lynch of an inactive in the sense of a lynch is better than no lynch at all?
Captain nagerous

Postby edocsil on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:13 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:
edocsil wrote:
JamesKer1 wrote:

So there was a "misunderstanding", and you now know that Nark was "joking"... Ok, so why didn't you unvote him?

My vote stays, you just made my "words" (since apparently they aren't considered a case) stronger

You are new here correct? One vote makes no difference when there are two on me.

Perhaps I've missed a point you've tried to make, could you try to outline your case for me? All I've got is that that you didn't like a vote that I made, without saying why it bothers you, or why it makes me scum. That doesn't fly here, but perhaps I am just being an idiot and have missed something, despite having gone back in the tread a few times looking for a case.
Edoc'sil

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:37 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:What the heck is up with that Edoc? Joke vote, fine, but serious... No.

UNVOTE, VOTE EDOC

Ok, let me elaborate:

I originally thought that was a joke vote and I was fine with it. Once Jonty questioned the motives behind it, I looked at it further and waited until your response to say something.

Once you responded saying it was serious, that threw up a red flag. From my perspective and others, there was no serious enough scum tell there to warrant a vote. Questioning Nark if that was a serious vote or not would have been more appropriate. But voting raised the concern that you don't care who is lynched, a behavior that is extremely anti-town.

For those reasons I voted you. Let me know if you need more.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby rishaed on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Okay... So I see these 3 stages in our game so far:
1. Confirm/Joke Vote
2. Thanksgiving/Replacing Epicpie
3. Serious talk/discussion caused by edoc's vote/jonty subsequent vote on him.
Phasing into the Lynch? phase maybe.
All in all with the ever decreasing number of people required to lynch I am somewhat hesitant, however I see no other option.
Voting Comm9 isn't a viable route currently, and Saf should know that when Comm goes inactive he goes inactive no amount of pressure is bringing him back. Therefor Vote Safariguy5
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby edocsil on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:38 am

JamesKer1 wrote:
JamesKer1 wrote:What the heck is up with that Edoc? Joke vote, fine, but serious... No.

UNVOTE, VOTE EDOC

Ok, let me elaborate:

I originally thought that was a joke vote and I was fine with it. Once Jonty questioned the motives behind it, I looked at it further and waited until your response to say something.

Once you responded saying it was serious, that threw up a red flag. From my perspective and others, there was no serious enough scum tell there to warrant a vote. Questioning Nark if that was a serious vote or not would have been more appropriate. But voting raised the concern that you don't care who is lynched, a behavior that is extremely anti-town.

For those reasons I voted you. Let me know if you need more.

So if I get this straight you think that me putting someone at l-12 is just too damn risky? You do realize just how far out on a limb that is.
Edoc'sil

Postby FloresDelMal on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:51 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:
edocsil wrote:Hell, half of America won't post between now and Sunday.

Exactly... It is a national holiday here, and it isn't as if Flores was ignorant of that fact....

Vote: Flores

sugar, i forget my bday and my wedding anniversary most of the time, thanks giving is not highlighted on my calendar :P

JamesKer1 wrote:I'm here, thanks for understanding Flores. Please make the attempt to look at others who haven't posted instead of those who tell you they won't. I try to he courteous in that respect instead of disappearing for no reason. I'm feeling a LOT of biased from you, please look at my improvements from game 1 instead of my past. Happy Holidays.

you are right, i am not being fair to you, honestly is not personal, i was just being selfish, because i know the playing style of the old timers and i know how much i enjoy it, and i don't know you at all, but hey, i am willing to get pleasantly surprised, so bring it on, i promise to keep my bias on check :oops:

edocsil wrote:In short, Anarks vote didn't make sense, so I'm voting for him.

actually i think is his way of beg for my attention, but i like to make him wait ;)

Minister Masket wrote:A) Because there's nothing worse than a Day 1 that drags on forever, and...
B) 10 Days really should be enough. You still have 5 days left. Use them wisely.

when did you got so manly, kids grow so fast nowdays :P

Anarkistsdream wrote:I love Europeans... Ga7 said I "piss about."

That always makes me think of flailing your manhood in midstream.

with the wind against you? :D

On other note:

Nag!! so happy to see you, let's hope you will stay alive longer this time :D

Edoc, there is not a real case against you, so relax ^^

god, i love to make ridiculously long posts :B sorry for that kids, but is a bad habit that wont change any time soon
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:17 am

FloresDelMal wrote:
edocsil wrote:In short, Anarks vote didn't make sense, so I'm voting for him.

actually i think is his way of beg for my attention, but i like to make him wait ;)

You always did know what I wanted... ;)

Unvote
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby nagerous on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:42 pm

I'll try my upmost to stay alive :D

That goes out to all you naughty NKers who like to target me on the night 1
Captain nagerous

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 pm

OK, it seems last time I didn't make my case clear on edocsil.

edocsil wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
edocsil wrote:Hell, half of America won't post between now and Sunday.

Exactly... It is a national holiday here, and it isn't as if Flores was ignorant of that fact....

Vote: Flores

unvote Vote anark

Few reasons.

1. He is voting in red, red doesn't count, ergo either his vote is not serious, or he is not paying attention, or he doesn't intend to actually lynch flores.

2. I don't understand why he would vote for her in the first place, her wanting a replacement was unrealistic, not scummy.

In short, Anarks vote didn't make sense, so I'm voting for him.

Nark votes Flores, based on being ignorant of the fact that it's Thanksgiving in the US. AS A JOKE! Edoc, then legit votes Nark, based on two reasons. Reason number 1, his vote is not serious, because it is in RED. Seriously, edoc, most mods, will count a red vote, bolded or not (personally I prefer bolded, but my games always seem to be slow, so the bolding is often not necessary). To be honest, for reason number 2, I think you missed the whole joke concept, and likewise in your summary. So in my summary, you've placed a weak vote on Nark, this is scummy, because you could be a lyncher, or trying to start a wagon on a safe target (WIFOM I agree), skimming (which I doubt because a) you quoted and b) a player of calibre doesn't skim - don't let that go to your head) All of this is pretty weak, granted but it is D1.

But wait, the case grows. We have since quite clearly established that Nark's vote was a jokevote, but you still maintain your stance by not unvoting, Which is scummy because, as a town player, you would drop the vote as a misunderstanding between yourself and Nark but you haven't so there must be an anterior motive. Which, granted, is not definitely scummy, but doesn't paint you in a good light.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Ahhhh, Jonty, that is a fairly strong case for Day 1...

Especially if he still has yet to unvote me in a game where lynching votes goes down 2 per day

Vote: Edocsil
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby edocsil on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Blow me. You're in no danger of being lynched.

As flores said, there is just no case. Admit that its a random lynch at best or piss off, I'm not impressed.

I mean seriously. I expected way too much here I guess.
Edoc'sil

Postby Commander9 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm

nagerous wrote:

Is he going to post though? - he has been inactive across the board so it is not a scum tell. With this current system in place are you proposing therefore a lynch of an inactive in the sense of a lynch is better than no lynch at all?

Yes I am. I probably won't be very active until the finals end, but yes, I will.

Vote Flores because I've not seen her in forever and it's about time I voted someone who was French.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:18 pm

edocsil wrote:Blow me. You're in no danger of being lynched.

As flores said, there is just no case. Admit that its a random lynch at best or piss off, I'm not impressed.

I mean seriously. I expected way too much here I guess.

Are you on the rag? It's a game, it's day one, and you made an ass out of yourself attacking me with that vote... I waited until now to vote because, so far, you are the scummiest person in the game. You have no other ideas but to tell me to blow you? Get over yourself, Edoc... Seriously.
Cook Anarkistsdream

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives